Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

There is no way to reverse this season (I mean, there is a way, but it's not like that will actually erase it from my life), but it would sure help a lot if the last 4-5 episodes were really strong. And Berlanti is absolutely the best and smartest person on the entire prod/writing team, so I am optimistic that I will at least enjoy 323.

But no, we should not get too excited. So, uh, just try to remember that they're still talking up this "Barry in Oliver's body" line from F118, and that might balance out the positive feelings.

• Love 10
(edited)

I love the title, haha

interesting.  I thought it was lame.  I mean I get it, but still felt it was kind of lame.

I guess the season theme of "Identity" is really coming full circle? What number episode is named "Al Saheem"?

321 is Al Saheem

322 is the Bruce song, This is Your Sword

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

This is why all the fanfic about the love scene has been driving me crazy.  I want him leaving that room ready to fight to get out of the LOA and destroy Ra's, not all maudlin and "accepting" being Ra's heir (seeing as how Ra's is frigging evil and all).  So maybe Ra's is all "You are Al-Saheem, Warith al Ghul!" and Oliver's like "Beeyatch, my  name is Oliver Queen!"

• Love 1
(edited)

interesting. I thought it was lame. I mean I get it, but still felt it was kind of lame.

I absolutely love it. Gives me hope this League mess will be over soon, it fits with the identity theme (and lets me know which one he's choosing sooner rather than later), and it's the first line of every show.

Works for me in all ways.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 6

Jake Coburn co-wrote the teleplay, is he any good?

Based on the list of episodes he's written/co-written, he's very hit-or-miss. Many of my least favorite episodes are on this list:

- Canaries (2015) ... (written by)

- The Climb (2014) ... (written by)

- Sara (2014) ... (written by)

- The Calm (2014) ... (teleplay by)

- Streets of Fire (2014) ... (written by)

- The Promise (2014) ... (written by)

- Heir to the Demon (2014) ... (written by)

- Blast Radius (2014) ... (written by)

- League of Assassins (2013) ... (written by)

- The Undertaking (2013) ... (written by)

- The Huntress Returns (2013) ... (written by)

I absolutely love it. Gives me hope this League mess will be over soon, it fits with the identity theme (and let's me know which one he's choosing sooner rather than later), and it's the first line of every show.

Works for me in all ways.

I, um, got kind of emotional when I saw the title, so yes it works for me too.

• Love 6

This is why all the fanfic about the love scene has been driving me crazy. I want him leaving that room ready to fight to get out of the LOA and destroy Ra's, not all maudlin and "accepting" being Ra's heir (seeing as how Ra's is frigging evil and all). So maybe Ra's is all "You are Al-Saheem, Warith al Ghul!" and Oliver's like "Beeyatch, my name is Oliver Queen!"

Same. Especially since sex with Felicity makes you have a much needed epiphany, apparently.

• Love 4
(edited)

Okay that's a cool finale title. didn't see that coming! but it makes sense.

Also, regarding the "epiphany", several episodes later I still fail to see why everyone thinks it's the sex that caused it, to me it's rather obvious that the fact that Ray got to actually rest and sleep (even if just for an hour- seriously have you ever met a man who doesn't get sleepy and falls asleep after sex!) which helped restart his brain.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 1

"Same. Especially since sex with Felicity makes you have a much needed epiphany, apparently."

I know it's kind of gross, it definitely was with Ray, but this time I WILL ALLOW IT.

LOL!  The title feels me with all sorts of hope and happy feelings.  Outside of the angst olicity stuff - I think the reason this season has been so hard to bare for me is the absence of those wonderful real life moments when Oliver got outside the Arrowcave and had to function as Oliver Queen.  I miss those moments and I think the show needs those moments to lighten up the darkness of the cave/mission at least a little.  I am hoping this season was just a rough patch and the show will return to greatness in season four.

By the way, I think trying to get this show back on track is the reason why so many people want this Oliver as Heir stuff to be some kind of master plan by either Merlyn or Ras.  The Merlyn we were introduced too should be smarter than what they have given us so far and Ras is supposed to be too big of a villain for what we are getting.  So in order to redeem one of them or both - people are looking for a master plan like when we found out Isabel was working for Slade (which was brilliant).  I kind of share their hopes because it could pull this season out a little if there is some connective glue that surprises me before its over.

• Love 4
(edited)

"My Name is Oliver Queen"

I have to say, the title is giving me real hopes that the wild guess I made less than a week after the first episode of this season aired just might come true.  Could we really have him embracing only his Oliver Queen side?  (At least for a the start of next season)

Or it's a hint that they are going to rewrite the entire opening sequence and end it with him not becoming the Arrow but the Heir to the Demon.   That would suck. 

Actually I can practically promise the opening sequence is going to be reworded.  The question for me is do we wrap up the LoA storyline this season or next and then when it's over, do we spend time with Oliver as just Oliver Queen or do we get the Arrow back right away?

As fast as I talk myself out of it, I'm right back into the idea that the season ends with an almost jumping the shark like moment of the lead character renouncing the very title of the show! 

Edited by BkWurm1

If the season end on a positive note, with Oliver claiming back his identity and Ra's defeated, F/O together, does it mean once again we'll lose out on Oliver and Felicity, this time not getting closer but as couple? They always do the time jump right between season right?

• Love 2
(edited)

But they did that for the first episode of S2.

He came back and said he wasn't going to be the Arrow but that was only because he didn't want to be a killer.  Once he realized he could be the Arrow and not have to kill, he was back as both Arrow and Oliver Queen. 

What if when he is done with the LoA (crosses fingers) he for some reason can't be the Arrow?  Barry encouraged him to do good as Oliver Queen.  I'd like to see what that would look like.  Would he some how get his money back (LoA golden parachute?)  Would he be the behind the scenes guy for the heroes that are looking after the city?  Could he stand back and let others do it?  If he thought he was allowed to be just Oliver Queen, would he find reasons to smile more?  I'm assuming he wouldn't be afraid of the distraction Felicity would be while he was just Oliver Queen.  

It couldn't possibly last forever but a real exploration of what his life would look like as just Oliver Queen (the non frat boy douche edition) would mirror this season where we saw (apparently) him trying to be just the Arrow. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3

The title makes sense to me if they are going to do a time reset.  Like back to the pilot....OR we will finally get to

"My name is Oliver Queen and I am The Green Arrow"

• Love 4
(edited)

Re: the last table reading, where are CH and WH?

Also,  WHY IS BRANDON ROUTH STILL THERE?  Also, I'm pretty disappointed to see John Barrowman.

Unless Malcolm bites it in the finale. WHICH I AM HERE FOR.

Edited by closer2fine
  • Love 11
(edited)

Also, WHY IS BRANDON ROUTH STILL THERE? Also, I'm pretty disappointed to see John Barrowman.

Unless Malcolm bites it in the finale. WHICH I AM HERE FOR.

Since they're spinning Ray off, there's no way he wouldn't show up in the finale.

Agreed on Malcolm!

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

There is a Arrowwriters BTS picture that showed Willa & Paul Blackthorne with scripts in their hands.  I think I saw it yesterday.  They might be joining the read from Los Angeles? 

• Love 2

If the season end on a positive note, with Oliver claiming back his identity and Ra's defeated, F/O together, does it mean once again we'll lose out on Oliver and Felicity, this time not getting closer but as couple? They always do the time jump right between season right?

Gotta get us to buy those comics somehow

There is no way to reverse this season (I mean, there is a way, but it's not like that will actually erase it from my life), but it would sure help a lot if the last 4-5 episodes were really strong. And Berlanti is absolutely the best and smartest person on the entire prod/writing team, so I am optimistic that I will at least enjoy 323.

But no, we should not get too excited. So, uh, just try to remember that they're still talking up this "Barry in Oliver's body" line from F118, and that might balance out the positive feelings.

I will not be watching that episode of the Flash (which tbt is no great hardship for me) so in my world...it's never gonna happen

• Love 2

I don't want Malcolm killed off. I really think he serves a unique purpose in the show and he has to become Oliver's main nemesis. That hasn't really happened yet IMO.  Now, I would possibly be accepting of Malcolm dying IF we get Zombie!Tommy as the nemesis.

SWERVE: Thea becomes the Merlyn that will be Oliver's main nemesis.  That would make me very sad and I don't think I want that at all.

• Love 2
(edited)

I've been scrolling through MG's Tumblr trying to find a response to an ask but I think he said something like it will be "kinda" a cliffhanger this season. I have no idea what that means, but they've been willing to mess with time jumps and stuff (still don't know how or when Arrow time synced up with real time, or if it ever did).

Edited to add: So it looks like Colton Haynes and Karl Yune are not at that table read (unless they are on the other end and they want us to think they're dead or something). Willa and Paul both were at the Arrow writers' offices per a tweet yesterday.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva

pnicolem asked:

Will Season 3 end with a cliffhanger?

MG:  Kinda

Yup, a kinda cliff hanger.  So maybe major storylines wrapped up but new questions raised?

So dreading this.   I guess the best case scenario would be that they have to be apart for some reason?  Maybe her job requires her to move temporarily to set up new division of Palmer industries? 

Re: the last table reading, where are CH and WH?

I'm hoping Roy and Thea are happily celebrating their nuptials somewhere off camera since we ARE getting another wedding. :)

• Love 8

Based on SA saying that Oliver might smile more in S4, I think the season will end on a more positive note. IMO It would be a big mistale to time jump Oliver and Felicity's relationship if they do get together at the end of the season.

Regarding the tile, I really hope that means he is embracing both Oliver Queen and the Arrow. I don't want the season to end with him hanging up the hood. Too me that kind of negates S2 in terms of growth into a hero.

• Love 6

"The title makes sense to me if they are going to do a time reset."

It makes sense because the LOA forces its members to give up their names and take new LOA-approved ones.  Oliver is deciding not to be Al Saheem or Ra's al Ghul or even just The Arrow...he's going to take his name back and be Oliver (which, IMO, includes The Arrow).

"I don't want the season to end with him hanging up the hood."

I personally don't think that will happen, both because that's more or less what he did when he came back from Lian Yu in S2 (no more being a vigilante, get his company back, take care of his sister/mother), because I agree with you it would negate both S2's journey to come a hero and S3's journey to reconcile his identity, and because watching him hang out and eat pizza and run a business and date Felicity would be pretty boring.  Maybe for an epi or two, but again, they already did that. 

I think S4 will start out with him in a relatively healthy place.  I actually thought the season would end with him and Felicity together, like in her apartment, he's in her bedroom or shower or some such, she goes to the door to get their takeout and disappears, then S4 it turns out she was taken by HIVE/her father.  BUT, I'm not sure that would work with the comics, since last comics did the SL of her being kidnapped, and it doesn't really work as a cliffhanger bc of the existence of the comics, which presumably would have to address that.   

• Love 3

I wonder how they would even do a season 3.5 comic if there is no time jump.  If Sara was put in the Lazarus Pit earlier this season (without us knowing about it), it would be kind of interesting if there was no time jump between seasons, and then the comic filled in the gaps in Sara's story.  Who took her body and put it in the LP?  What has she been doing since she was resurrected, etc.?      

• Love 3

I'm dying to know about Felicity's father. I need to know if they plan to introduce him like Mama Smoak - an entertaining guest star to pop up every once in awhile or someone who is involved in the main plot somehow. 

My personal favorite introduction - Mama Smoak met Oliver Queen first, I want her father to meet the Arrow first.

• Love 2

I'm really hoping the last episode is good, with the story by Berlanti and AK, and screenplay by MG and Jake Coburn. I know we give MG a lot of flack here for the direction of the show but he is a good screenwriter for specific episodes, and I thought The Calm (teleplay by MG and Coburn) was a decent episode.

But "My Name Is Oliver Queen"?  Could they advertise any larger that they're wrapping up the identity theme?

In season 1, Oliver thought he couldn't defeat The Undertaking until Diggle told him he was not alone. In s2, Oliver thought he couldn't defeat Slade until Felicity told him he wasn't alone and Sara brought the LoA and Diggle brought ARGUS.  So here we are in s3, and Oliver is convinced he has to be alone to fight Ra's until......

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm ready for a new trope for s4 because this one is really worn out.

By the way, I think trying to get this show back on track is the reason why so many people want this Oliver as Heir stuff to be some kind of master plan by either Merlyn or Ras.  The Merlyn we were introduced too should be smarter than what they have given us so far and Ras is supposed to be too big of a villain for what we are getting.  So in order to redeem one of them or both - people are looking for a master plan like when we found out Isabel was working for Slade (which was brilliant).  I kind of share their hopes because it could pull this season out a little if there is some connective glue that surprises me before its over.

Same here, but I don't necessarily trust it. As I said, MG is good at scripts and bad at plotting, and  this was  his season to run Arrow.

They could have dropped some hints about Cisco love for the new women in black fighting crime in SC.

I don't doubt that her new fame spread far and wide.

• Love 2

I could see him embracing Oliver Queen and hanging the hood if nothing changes with Roy and he is still believed to be the Arrow. Still, who would come back for season 4? Here comes the set up of the big bad.

I'm now feeling more positive about the title because I've finally remembered that whole 'A man cannot live by two names' of the premiere, ahah.

• Love 2