Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

What I took from AK saying Arrow S4 and Flash S2 will set up the spinoff is that they'll probably introduce the new characters before the actual spinoff, like they did with Barry. Especially since I think they're not filming a pilot?

Back to Arrow: Stephen's mention that Oliver might crack more smiles in S4 made me more positive that they're wrapping up the LoA storyline this season.

Plus the fact that they're introducing the S4 big bad in the finale. Even if it's just the coda for the entire season, you know, ~mysterious guy standing in front of a screen that reads "H.I.V.E." -- David mentioned HIVE is gonna be connected to the big bad, so I'm expecting a tease more than anything.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 6
(edited)

but I do think she'll [Felicity]be the "floater". she'll probably get 2 Flash episodes and 1 spin-off episode nect year.

If the position was just to do a couple crossover episodes I don't think it would be labeled an outright specific job that this mystery person has where it requires them to "hover" between shows.  That implies to me a much bigger commitment to the other shows.  It sounds to me like dividing up the character's time between the three shows. 

I agree they would keep this person technically an Arrow regular (if they already are a regular) but knowing the time commitment needed it makes me think we'd only have Felicity full time in only a third of the Arrow episodes and at best something like a cameo in the rest.   A third of the season would be seven episodes. eight if I round up.  That's it.

This is the scenario that has me freaking out.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
(edited)

"...merely Oliver embraces his new role, which causes issues."

There have been a lot of fanfics written like this, and I seriously just can't see it.  The LOA is evil.  EVIL.  These are the people Sara was willing to die rather than rejoin, who were willing to kill 50 innocent people a day to make Oliver deliver Sara's killer, and who are now killing innocent people to make him join.  I keep saying it, because people (I don't mean you, Morrigan) seem to keep forgetting it.  And Oliver is not crazy, although he has been a bit stupid this season...the LOA is not going to turn into the Fraternal Order of the Elks on Oliver's command, I don't care what Ra's says.  Additionally, Ra's is the reason Oliver's life is ruined, Felicity was targeted, Roy is in jail, and Thea is, presumably, dead or near-dead.  So Oliver's going to chill with Ra's and learn the ways of the LOA after all that?  NO.  He may play nice for an episode, but I am positive he's going to be working out a plan to take out Ra's and get out of the LOA, if he doesn't have one set up before he even leaves on the plane.  His golden ticket is Nyssa.  If she kills Ra's, she'll immediately become the new Demon's Head and she can let Oliver out, no harm, no foul.  Also, I figure there's a reason he's still practicing sword-fighting...Ra's might not be looking for a rematch, but I'm betting Oliver still is.

Oh, also I think Maseo dies, and Akio lives (although he may have died and then been LPd).  I don't see Maseo making it out of this season alive. 

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 3
(edited)

With all this talk of the show changing completely in s4, the spin-off and the "floater" all of this could be just what a lot of us thought would happen. Next season TA is not independent anymore, they work for the government (ARGUS or some new agency) in exchange for their freedom. If that is the case (and we're really losing Waller because of the movie) it could be Lyla or Malcolm (who was maybe working for that agency for some time now and that would explain why he can eat chips in front of the TV without a care in the world). It could be sort of like the last season of the A-Team.

Edited by steeledwithakiss
  • Love 2

"With all this talk of the show changing completely in s4, the spin-off and the "floater" all of this could be just what a lot of us thought would happen. Next season TA is not independent anymore, they work for the government (ARGUS or some new agency) in exchange for their freedom."

I could live with that.

With all this talk of the show changing completely in s4, the spin-off and the "floater" all of this could be just what a lot of us thought would happen. Next season TA is not independent anymore, they work for the government (ARGUS or some new agency) in exchange for their freedom. If that is the case (and we're really losing Waller because of the movie) it could be Lyla or Malcolm (who was maybe working for that agency for some time now and that would explain why he can eat chips in front of the TV without a care in the world). It could be sort of like the last season of the A-Team.

I have been wondering for some time just exactly how they were going to connect the dots between Oliver's heavy involvement with Waller, Argus, and the military just two years before the show began to being completely independent - not to mention making the choice to return to the island and be rescued instead of just hoping on a plane and going back to Starling City.  I'm starting to wonder if Oliver hasn't had a boss - or at least a handler - for awhile now.  And if that is the case, I believe it will be revealed this season and it will have something to do with taking down the LoA (this story HAS to have some bigger meaning, but a lot of it has been really stupid).

On the other hand, the show might end this season with Oliver having a positive connection to the LoA and they will come back into play when he has to take on HIVE next season.  But no matter which way it plays out, I have a feeling Arrow is moving away from a single man's mission to save his city to a more big picture fight against evil that will probably involve the three show cross-overs being hinted at.

And whoever said that the CW better keep their airing dates in order was so right!  The cross-overs are kind of awesome, but only if they don't mess with the shows' timelines and continuity.

Going back to the Felicity/Oliver love scene (only spoiler I've actually cared about in a really long time), I'm wondering if that is happening in 3x20.  SA was talking about that episode at Planet Comicon on March 15th and said that it takes place in Nanda Parbat.  That's also when he said the thing about if Emily is ever showing off her shoulder, they have to put a scar on it.  He also mentioned being jealous of the Netflix model because they can show more violence and "maybe show a boob here and there."  3x20 finished filming on March 13th, so all of this would be fresh in his mind.  

I honestly think that they're going to show as much as they can get away with in this love scene.  At least, that is my hope.  I'm just surprised that this might not be happening during May Sweeps.  All season long I kept reading about how nothing would happen until May, and then they're going to pull this out in April.  What?

• Love 3
(edited)

If they were smart they would break it up over 3.20 & 3.21. 

I'm curious about scene that is being filmed between Malcolm, Tatsu, Diggle & Felicity. It makes me feel better about lack of Diggle in the sizzle reel.

Do you think they could be going against LOA?

The fact that KC is there makes me think that the Nandar Parbat express is still running Daily To & From Starling City.

Edited by Genki
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm impressed that Rilla Fukushima is now following JB, EBR and DR on instagram. Given that she will soon be off the show because she has a new show, I think it says something about the work environment on the Arrow set.

Maybe the scene that SA liked is an Oliver/Felicity talk on the plane going to Nanda Parbat and they're finally on the same page.  That sets up an expectation for the sultan's lair scene in 321 in sweeps week.  I'd certainly be sure to watch if Oliver and Felicity finally got their differences settled.

.the LOA is not going to turn into the Fraternal Order of the Elks on Oliver's command, I don't care what Ra's says.  Additionally, Ra's is the reason Oliver's life is ruined, Felicity was targeted, Roy is in jail, and Thea is, presumably, dead or near-dead.  So Oliver's going to chill with Ra's and learn the ways of the LOA after all that?  NO.

On the other hand, Malcolm Merlyn is the reason Robert, Tommy, Sara and a bunch of other people are dead and Thea is asking Nyssa to kill her, and Oliver is risking his life for him. I don't trust these writers any more if it comes to something they think is cool.

I know people will counter oh the CW only cares about masks...just look at TCAs. However, in hindsight that wasn't about promoting masks, that was obviously a pitch for the spin-off (Cold, Heatwave, Stein, Ronnie and Ray), hell I'm still wondering if KC/Laurel was also being pitched for the spin-off but for whatever reason they went with CL/Sara instead.
[sniip]
I think Damien Darhk may in fact be both the man who hired Deadshot to kill Andy and Felicity's father. I don't think Felicity will get shafted or cut from Arrow (as series regular) but I do think she'll be the "floater". she'll probably get 2 Flash episodes and 1 spin-off episode nect year.

Yeah, no wonder it didn't occur to Greg Berlanti to have Katrina Law at the TCA panel. It was all about the current shows (SA, KC, CH, JB from Arrow, GG from Flash) and Brandon Routh, Victor Gerber, Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell (maybe Robbie Amell) from the new one.  Plus David Ramsey so it wasn't blindingly white.

I agree that Damien Darhk (I'm going to have typing that next season) is connected with HIVE and Andy Diggle but I really hope he's not Felicity's father.

The wording was just weird all around. When I first read it, I thought he meant the person originated on Arrow but wasn't a main character and then I realized he meant they wouldn't be a main character on the spin-off.  That to me sounds like its a supporting character on the spin off who is the Floater, because otherwise why not say apart of the main cast. But I could just be trying to talk myself out of believing its Felicity.

I thought it was a character who originated on Arrow but wasn't a main character on the spin-off like Ray or whoever CL is playing.  Still hoping it's Lyla or Diggle, for reasons I said on the spin-off thread.

Edited by statsgirl

I don't see how Diggle can be a big part of the S4 HIVE story and be this floater.

I'm starting to buy into the idea that Lyla is the Floater. I think it works perfectly in the story plus I like Lyla and always happy to see more of her.

• Love 9

It depends on how big a part of s4 the HIVE story is. Unless Damian Darkh works with HIVE, I'm thinking that any story of Diggle's will have two episodes, one in the fall and one in the spring.  This year, with Suicide Squad, he got barely 1 1/2.

We also may be overstating how much the floater is going to be on the other shows.  It may only be a couple of times on each, or it may be on several episodes of them. But unless they can find a way to put the floater in logically (i.e. not "Laurel visits her sister" or "Laurel goes to Cisco to get her canary cry fixed"), it may be less rather than more,  But if it is something like Lyla running an organization, I can see more coming out of that.

HIVE could be big in S4 and Diggle still only get an episode or two of focus. Diggle was the way into ARGUS. The Suicide Squad episode (2.16) morphed into Oliver's relationship with Amanda Waller/ARGUS.

• Love 2

It's all feeling more and more like the LOA storyline is nearly over, which means 21, 22, 23 to take out Ra's, one way or another.  Thank GOD.  I just hope Nyssa lives through it all for future visits.

Per David Ramsey

“From my understanding, H.I.V.E. is going to be a big part of next season’s big baddie," Ramsey told E! Online (via the Quiver podcast). "We are going to delve right into why H.I.V.E. hired Deadshot to kill Andy and what H.I.V.E. is all about to begin with. There will be a lot of Diggle’s connection to H.I.V.E. next season so stay tuned.”

I doubt he's lying about his own storyline.
  • Love 2

Per David Ramsey

I doubt he's lying about his own storyline.

I don't think he is. It's the execution/writing that he has no control over that I wonder about.

I refuse to get too excited over Tatsu and Felicity et al sharing scenes. Maseo & Felicity sharing scenes in 3.17 & 3.18 amounted to Maseo shooting an arrow at Felicity from a distance. :)

• Love 1
(edited)

Diggle will probably be the way into the HIVE storyline, or part of the way.  I'm thinking that if DD shows up this season, there will be another way as well as Diggle's connection because they won't have time to explore Diggle's story while they're wrapping up Ra's. They told David Ramsey the outlines of the story but they're still working on finishing up s3 so I doubt any scripts for s4 are written.

But Sara was also the connection to the LoA, and yet it became All About Oliver this season and little to do with Sara in the end.

But it does make the chance of Diggle being the floater less likely.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
(edited)

Reading your "baby Justice League" comment made me envision baby Sara in a mini superhero costume and brandishing a nerf baton.

This "who is the floater" question is being discussed on three threads here - it's confusing.  I've given my thoughts in the Spinoff thread on this issue here - basically, I'd like it to be Lyla as the new head of ARGUS (replacing Waller, who could be written out because of the Suicide Squad movie).  I don't see Laurel having anything that would qualify her for the job.  I don't want it to be Felicity or Diggle because it would reduce their roles/screentime on Arrow.

I agree, I hope it's Lyla too. she's a fairly minor character who has barely been on our screen and whose constant absence won't be felt unlike Felicity, Diggle or even Thea. And i really hope it's not Laurel, cause the one big saving grace The Flash has (besides being fairly good) and the spin off will have is No Laurel. than again if Laurel being the floater means less of her on Arrow and as buckle i may reconsider.

the problem starts with SA wording, by saying "originated" does he mean the character was created especially on Arrow (and prior to Arrow was not featured in the comics) than there's only three characters who fit that bill: Diggle, Thea, Sara (assuming she's not a regular in the new spin-off, is she?) and to some degree Malcolm. or does the character had a comic counter prior to arrow but was first seen on Arrow? on that case Lyla fits the bill since she has a comic counterpart, but so does almost everyone else on the show.

Edited by foreverevolving
(edited)

Going back to the Felicity/Oliver love scene (only spoiler I've actually cared about in a really long time), I'm wondering if that is happening in 3x20.  SA was talking about that episode at Planet Comicon on March 15th and said that it takes place in Nanda Parbat.  That's also when he said the thing about if Emily is ever showing off her shoulder, they have to put a scar on it.  He also mentioned being jealous of the Netflix model because they can show more violence and "maybe show a boob here and there."  3x20 finished filming on March 13th, so all of this would be fresh in his mind.  

I honestly think that they're going to show as much as they can get away with in this love scene.  At least, that is my hope.  I'm just surprised that this might not be happening during May Sweeps.  All season long I kept reading about how nothing would happen until May, and then they're going to pull this out in April.  What?

The sweeps this year would fall between April 23 to May 20th. 3x20 would be aired one day prior to the sweeps. I am not sure if their numbers for next 7 days of viewing would count.

Edited by TanyaKay

3.20 airs on April 22nd I thought...1 day out of sweeps.

I really dislike the whole sweeps system, I hope it will get replaced eventually.

A lot of the sizzle reel overlaps with 3.19's 20 sec promo, including the assumed branding. Which just confuses me. If feels like that scene is in NP.

(edited)

Sweeps or no sweeps. Just give me that sultan lair room (liked what someone called it earlier). Preferably unedited & pushing the censors scenes. If they need to cross it over multiple episodes to get the sweeps bump then even better for us!!. Maybe they should air it every episode until season ends just to be sure.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 13

A character that originated on Arrow could also be Barry, Caitlin and Cisco. We can cross off Barry because he's obviously busy with his own show, Cisco's busy with his gadgets and is the writer's way of winking at us. But Caitlin has an interesting connection to all three shows. Especially if the Flash spoilers are true.

Layla makes no sense to me, she just quite her job, I don't see her hopping all over the place especially with a baby. I also hope that Felicity isn't the floater. She'd make sense, but at the same time you don't want the fans to get exhausted with one of their favorite characters.

(edited)

Layla makes no sense to me, she just quite her job, I don't see her hopping all over the place especially with a baby.

Since Lyla quit her job, seems like she'd be in the market for another one since Diggle doesn't seem to do anything that actually pays. And why wouldn't she "hop all over the place" even though she has a baby? She did it when she was with ARGUS.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4

Do you think they'll use Blake Neely's music for that scene or some commercial song? And if they go for a song, which one? :)

I've heard people suggest "I bet my life" by Imagine Dragons and "Something I need" By One Republic though I think those songs wouldn't work for that setting. Anyone have any ideas?

Didn't Blake Neely give Oliver and Felicity their own theme music?  I'd like to hear that again rather than a commercial song (too Grey's Anatomy)

Since Lyla and Diggle appear to have full time nanny care, and Lyla was traveling for ARGUS to foreign countries already, I don't see why having a baby would prevent her from floating through the three shows if she were working for an organization.

Katie posted this pic from BTS. Are they visiting Tatsu in NP?

We know that Felicity and Malcolm are in Nanda Parbat with Oliver and we think Diggle is there too. But why would Laurel go over?  (Not a jab at Laurel but unless it's to visit Sara, I can't think of a reason.  She's not a good enough fighter and her US legal training would be useless in NP.)

Didn't Blake Neely give Oliver and Felicity their own theme music? I'd like to hear that again rather than a commercial song (too Grey's Anatomy)

Since Lyla and Diggle appear to have full time nanny care, and Lyla was traveling for ARGUS to foreign countries already, I don't see why having a baby would prevent her from floating through the three shows if she were working for an organization.

We know that Felicity and Malcolm are in Nanda Parbat with Oliver and we think Diggle is there too. But why would Laurel go over? (Not a jab at Laurel but unless it's to visit Sara, I can't think of a reason. She's not a good enough fighter and her US legal training would be useless in NP.)

He does have an Oliver/Felicity theme. We might get that but we will hear it louder than say the "Two things I know" scene in 309

• Love 1
(edited)

Didn't Blake Neely give Oliver and Felicity their own theme music? I'd like to hear that again rather than a commercial song (too Grey's Anatomy)

We know that Felicity and Malcolm are in Nanda Parbat with Oliver and we think Diggle is there too. But why would Laurel go over? (Not a jab at Laurel but unless it's to visit Sara, I can't think of a reason. She's not a good enough fighter and her US legal training would be useless in NP.)

so I'm trying to figure everything out. if I take Canadagraphs tweets at face value it seems that everyone is working/filming together in 321. Since they left Laurel behind in 320, she either goes to NP or everyone (including Karl Yune) comes back to SC for 321.

so we have 320 Oliver is in NP becoming Heir to the Demon. in 321 everyone including Maseo heads back to SC for??? In 322 Dig/Felicity/Malcolm/Laurel are back in NP with Tatsu and Oliver/Maseo with Ra's? Where's Nyssa? She's not filming with this group so maybe she's with Oliver/Maseo?

And of course the most important question, why? Why would they go back and fourth between SC and NP?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Yeah, the back and forth traveling looks ridiculous, because it's like Nanda Parbat is your regular weekend trip from Vancouver to Whistler.

As for the plot. Maybe Team Arrowless needs Oliver back after whatever is happening in SC in 321. Or they just want Oliver back, period. Then maybe they track down Tatsu in 322 to help them. I could see them trying to convince her they can get Maseo out as well.

• Love 3

I don't see how Diggle can be a big part of the S4 HIVE story and be this floater.

I'm starting to buy into the idea that Lyla is the Floater. I think it works perfectly in the story plus I like Lyla and always happy to see more of her.

Diggle could be the floater IF HIVE stretches all three shows.  In fact, that could be WHY he is the floater.  Of course, if he is, I expect Lyla will be appearing on all three shows as well.

I could see Laurel tagging along with Nyssa to Nanda Parbat.  She has never been very good at doing what is asked of her - or in Oliver's case - telling her.  She wants to be with the cool kids.  LOL!  That said, they could all return to SC and then return to Nanda Parbat with a plan.  Oliver is in Central City in F1.22 or F1.23.  I always imagined travel to Nanda Parbat would be difficult because I tend to think of it as being remote.  Evidently all you need is a private jet.     

Yeah, the back and forth traveling looks ridiculous, because it's like Nanda Parbat is your regular weekend trip from Vancouver to Whistler.

As for the plot. Maybe Team Arrowless needs Oliver back after whatever is happening in SC in 321. Or they just want Oliver back, period. Then maybe they track down Tatsu in 322 to help them. I could see them trying to convince her they can get Maseo out as well.

Well we know Oliver is in what 1/22 of Flash?  And have they adjusted for the airing differences or will things be aired out of order?  Because Oliver being in CC in between Arrow 321 and 322 might explain some of the back and forth, right?

So Oliver caves in Broken Arrow and agrees to Ras demands (probably at the end of the episode).

In The Fallen, we see him in NP becoming Heir to the Demon and possibly resurrecting Thea.

In 321 (which ties into the Flash crossover), Oliver returns to CC/SC to carry out an LOA mission and everybody else comes too.

322 wraps up the LOA/Ras story (I hope) and maybe there are plots involving Laurel and Tatsu and such for this reason.

Then maybe 323 is almost like a coda for the season that returns them all to SC and sets up the Big Bad for season four?  Maybe this is even the episode where Ray signs the company back over to Oliver?  Perhaps Roy is out of jail at this point or at least they tell us what will happen to him?  I feel like the season has been too dark and depressing for Oliver for it NOT to end on a high note of him taking back his Oliver Queen identity.  I almost want a press conference before the end of this season with him and Ray and them announcing that Oliver is taking over as CEO for reasons.  Oliver says he understands that the public has questions about him being the Arrow because he disappeared after the death of his mother....and he only turned himself in because he didn't want anyone to get hurt in a manhunt....joke about how he has been seeing a shrink and is ready to take his father's place as head of Queen Consolidated....etc... (I swear, I would love to write this scene) and then Palmer talks about how he wants to spend more time in R&D and he thinks their partnership will be best served this way....and we have Ray's place in the spin-off setup and Oliver Queen back for season four (because - to me - he has been very much missed this season!).  Plus I am almost certain that someplace in QC would make a better and more secure Arrowcave than the Foundry at this point.

I know that is too much to hope for, but I really need this LOA stuff to be over and not end on a cliff hanger.  Plus if they want to use the comics to setup season four over the summer - it makes more sense for LOA to be done and them to play with HIVE and DD stories in the summer.

• Love 2
(edited)

Ray had an Atom epiphany after having sex with Felicity.  What epiphany will Oliver have after having sex with Felicity (assuming it actually happens and they aren't interrupted)?

BTW, I just posted a new Robert Dougherty article in the News thread that talks about the Olicity sex scene preview and how it might be good or bad, depending on the context:

I will not cheer for Olicity sex until I see the context or what happens next. And I am slightly disappointed that others are too excited and bought off by 5 seconds of sex to not realize that they should want – and really should get – much much more, in ways that have nothing at all to do with sex.
What I truly want is for Oliver to eventually treat being Al Saheem as an undercover assignment, perhaps like the ones he did for ARGUS in Hong Kong. What I want is for Oliver not to accept that being Al Saheem is all he is good for, even if it does save the life of Thea or someone else – and to start trying in episode 320 instead of 323. What I want is for Felicity to finally convince him now, once and for all, that it is okay to find another way and to let Team Arrow fight alongside him, and to trust them that he is indeed worth them putting their lives on the line for him.

The hell of it is that having sex with Felicity magically led Ray to figure out how to finish his Atom suit. If they are really going to sell us on the notion that Felicity sex could be a big eureka moment for Ray, but it couldn’t finally clue Oliver into a few valuable things, then I truly give up figuring out how these writers think things through.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 8

Do you think they'll use Blake Neely's music for that scene or some commercial song? And if they go for a song, which one? :)

I'm hoping Blake Neely's music (which is amazing). I think he might already have some themes for certain characters & relationships. I would love to see him expand on the theme which I think he already has for them. 2 main reasons I hope he does the music, 1. it gives more significance to the event because they will have their "own" music moving forward & 2. I would prefer to focus on them and not the lyrics of whatever song they choose. I love watching fan videos, but sometimes when the music producers choose the song for scenes like that they don't always choose the best song rather because options are limited by what they can get the rights for or by what they are being asked to promote. Once their first time becomes canon with their own music, the next times can be set to commercial music. I'd have to really think about what song if they went commercial, there are so many options.

• Love 2

I've heard people suggest "I bet my life" by Imagine Dragons and "Something I need" By One Republic though I think those songs wouldn't work for that setting. Anyone have any ideas?

Agree. Still working on ideas. If they do go the commercial route the lyrics have to be spot on & the beats/notes have to be passionate. Florence & the machine has been used on other shows with good success. I wonder if she has something on her new album that would work. Still think Blake Neely is the best way to go.

"I bet my life" really only works for them when you look at the chorus. IMO it fits other Oliver relationships better (#1 being Tommy). Plus it is not about a currently happy coupledom in the present or the future. I'm not even sure the couple is together in this song, so yeah not the 1st one I want connected with their love scene.

"Something that I need", not a horrible song lyrically for them. But the version I heard had no passion in it to set the mood for a love scene so no.

Cisco builds a Canary Cry that works more like the one in the comics?  This is going to be absolutely fucking ridiculous, isn't it?  

Not thrilled about the fact that characters are going to be "migrating between all the shows."  Will I never be rid of Ray Palmer?!  Maybe some are thrilled about this, but this may be the kind of thing that turns me off all three shows.  Blech.

• Love 7

I don't like what I'm hearing about how interconnected the shows are going to be; it's too messy. I liked the Arrow that was grounded, I liked the emphasis on the characters relationships and it's own univerise. To make the spin-offs work they are compromising the original idea of Arrow  - Time-Travel! Super Powers! Instant Heroes!.

I wish they would just leave Arrow in it's own pocket univerise. Let Flash and Spin-Off intermingle while Arrow goes back to focusing on Oliver/Team Arrow/Olicity/Oliver & Thea/Starling City. Keep it grounded and get him to Green Arrow. And ship Laurel and her new Canary Cry to Spin-Off where her instant status won't undermine the show and other characters.

• Love 17

The fact that all the characters hop on and off the Nanda Parbat Express makes you realize how rarely they take into account the history they estabilish in the show. They are telling us that the LoA has financial means, we've seen countless members come out of the shadows on rope silks like it's nothing, yet the first time they introduced Nyssa she had to go through airport security, and fight off a dozen of guards. I get that they wanted to estabilish her as cool and badass, but seriously?!

• Love 7

The LOA has been a huge letdown. I liked Nyssa, but I'm not liking her going from Laurel's trainor to being Laurel's guard dog (or lap dog depending on how that relationship goes). I like Maeso, but I actually wish he had shot Felicity because he is supposed to be a bad-ass LOA member (and I would have liked Public Enemies alot more if a hurt Felicity worked comms - Ray still could have been shot but he can sleep it off at the hospital).

Ra's is a gossipy, dirty old man.

LOA couldn't beat Laurel and Roy. Seriously???

• Love 7

It's pretty embarrassing how they actually had Ra's al Ghul, legendary villain, reduced to kidnapping a cop to tell him the Arrow secret identity. Really? It would have been far more interesting to have him remain in the shadows dismantling Oliver's life piece by piece. I think that was their intention, but it was a huge fail with what played out on screen. 

We're off this week, right? The spoilers have been so uninteresting, I don't even remember what's going to happen. At this point, I'm just waiting for Olicity sexytimes.

• Love 8

Sometimes I read this thread and all the theories and it hits me all over again what an absolute mess this season has been. At this point I just want it over with already. 

I said before I don't care that Laurel gets the canary cry, just that I don't think she should get it this season. But I keep thinking about how it's going to look when she opens her mouth and screams and I don't want to laugh but I think I'm just gonna end up laughing. The device Sara had was far more realistic. I guess realism is long gone now though. Sigh.

As for the 'floater' between all three shows, I think it's a big mistake. I really hope it's not Felicity but I bet it is because she easily heads over to The Flash and now she's linked to Ray on the third show. She's the main thread I can think of right now. If it does turn out to be her, I'll just think they're trying to push her out and give more time to Laurel.

Unless it turns out to be not as big a deal as implied and it really is just characters heading over for an episode here and there which is exactly what they've been doing this season anyway. That's fine, as long as no character loses story or too much time on Arrow. 

Ugh. These other shows have been the worst thing to happen to Arrow and I don't see it improving, especially as they don't seem to be aware of the problems in the first place. The EP's go on and on about costumes and masks as important but when you go to comic cons and see what the fans are asking, they want Diggle and Felicity stories and more focus on Oliver. It sucks they don't seem to pay attention. 

(edited)

I'm not as excited as the person who posted that, but it's a nice bit of continuity.  But wasn't she shot in the arm, not the back?

I think they believe that we'll stick around for Diggle and Felicity no matter what, even if it's only an episode or two a season, and so they have the freedom to play with their masks & costumes.  Wrong, and it's sad they still haven't learned that.

Cisco builds a Canary Cry that works more like the one in the comics?  This is going to be absolutely fucking ridiculous, isn't it? 

I hate that idea. Actually, I pretty much dislike everything they said about the Arrow characters from that panel, except the idea that Felicity and Caitlin are IMing each other.  I especially dislike AK's response to the question of whether Felicity has any advice for Barry because you know he loves that line "Ray is like Barry in Oliver's body" sooooo much.

What struck me during the reel was what a mistake it was keeping Ray off on his island with Felicity instead of integrating him into the hero portion of the show.  He's much more interesting and likable being a superhero than Felicity's cringe-worthy love interest.

Then maybe 323 is almost like a coda for the season that returns them all to SC and sets up the Big Bad for season four?  Maybe this is even the episode where Ray signs the company back over to Oliver? 

[snip] I almost want a press conference before the end of this season with him and Ray and them announcing that Oliver is taking over as CEO for reasons.  Oliver says he understands that the public has questions about him being the Arrow because he disappeared after the death of his mother....and he only turned himself in because he didn't want anyone to get hurt in a manhunt....joke about how he has been seeing a shrink and is ready to take his father's place as head of Queen Consolidated....etc... (I swear, I would love to write this scene) and then Palmer talks about how he wants to spend more time in R&D and he thinks their partnership will be best served this way....and we have Ray's place in the spin-off setup and Oliver Queen back for season four (because - to me - he has been very much missed this season!).  Plus I am almost certain that someplace in QC would make a better and more secure Arrowcave than the Foundry at this point.

I know that is too much to hope for, but I really need this LOA stuff to be over and not end on a cliff hanger.  Plus if they want to use the comics to setup season four over the summer - it makes more sense for LOA to be done and them to play with HIVE and DD stories in the summer.

HIVE is going to be the big storyline next year, I gather.  If so, they can't do it over the summer because it would be a waste and because people who don't buy the comics won't know it. They could do it with Olicity because that's not a theme of this season, and even at that, much of what they did in 2.5 should have been done during the season instead.

I know Oliver is the Queen in QC but I still think Felicity would be a better division head.  But who they really need is someone like Walter. Oliver's heart just isn't in business, as we found out in s2.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Are we sure what Kreisberg said about Felicity and what she looks for in a man (or whatever he said) is referring to that line? I'm asking because  I can't see what that answer has to do with the question he was asked, was it a "No, but she blah blah.." or he went directly with that?

Cisco and Laurel his favorite moment of the show, alright, I'd believe him if he didn't say that about whatever they're trying to sell that week.

(edited)

“Barry and Felicity have a very special relationship and Felicity knows that Barry is struggling,” he says of the coming crossover.  Holbrook asks if Felicity has advice for Barry. Andrew says she has an interesting observation about the kind of man she is interested in.

http://www.newsarama.com/24036-wc-2015-flash-panel.html

Because for a genius IT tech with tons of empathy and people skills, when she's talking to a person she cares about who had a huge conflict in his life, that's what's important.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Sounds like someone asking about Felicity on Arrow and getting an answer about Laurel instead.  AK is really proud of that line. He's mentioned it several times.  I personally find it insulting to Felicity, Barry & Oliver but Ray Palmer is the perfect man (sarcasm).

• Love 5