Type keyword(s) to search

Criminal Intent All Episodes Talk...

I have got to get out more.  What is this Chris Penn-Roger Rees-liquor bottle reference?

Oh, good! I'm not the only one lost about that! Unless someone was inferring it is how Chris Penn's character killed his son-in-law, maybe? Otherwise, I have no idea either.

Oh, good! I'm not the only one lost about that! Unless someone was inferring it is how Chris Penn's character killed his son-in-law, maybe? Otherwise, I have no idea either.

In both episodes, a specific imported liquor known to be a favorite of the suspected perp was an important clue. Roger Rees was the bad guy in the episode where the male model "overdosed" (was suffocated) before the credits. In the CP ep, it was grappa; in the RR, single malt.

Friends of mine say that grinding up a human, bones and all, is impossible in a meat grinder. I personally couldn't say, but my friends are adamant.

• Love 1

In both episodes, a specific imported liquor known to be a favorite of the suspected perp was an important clue. Roger Rees was the bad guy in the episode where the male model "overdosed" (was suffocated) before the credits. In the CP ep, it was grappa; in the RR, single malt.

Friends of mine say that grinding up a human, bones and all, is impossible in a meat grinder. I personally couldn't say, but my friends are adamant.

Aha! Thank you, @SFoster21!  :-)  Funny how I missed that.

And yeah, the whole "son-in-law ground up in a meat grinder" angle always made me leery. Because of the pin issue that I described and, yeah, even if Chris Penn's character had more strength due to mere rage or adrenaline, bones do not disintegrate so easily. If the son-in-law had to be offed in the episode, maybe he should have been poisoned or something. 

But the whole thing with the grinder and pins and bones just seemed impossible, even if the body was dismembered, as it had to be.

It could be wrong as TV Guide Online seems to be having some listing issues of late, but I notice the WE episodes starting in early September (9/7 onward) are (thankfully) changing the airing pattern. The way it looks now, episodes from the prior day won't be re-shown, and the episodes will just roll on, as it were. I guess we'll see.

• Love 1

Well, we got excited too soon. They are re-airing the episode of the "Jewess" killing herself and Connie & His Harem spiking the church ladies' coffee with arsenic.

Which is why I hope the new pattern next month is correct!

As I couldn't sleep, I was bumming around the ION site. As of the week after next, L&O: CI is moving again: This time it will air on Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 3 a.m. on Friday mornings. And per the schedule, it is again going to air in order, starting at "One", the pilot. (The day before, on Wednesday mornings into Thursday, the Mothership will air at that same time. SVU will take Fridays into Saturday mornings, also at the same time as the other two shows air.)

So the network will be some variation of L&O, all the time for 72 hours a week!

Adding to the above, ION released the schedule for this Saturday, the 26th, and all 3 L&O shows will air that day starting with CI from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., then SVU from 4 to 11, then the Mothership from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m. 

So if you're looking for something to watch in between the usual weekend plans, it's an option.

I guess the Saturday WE CI and Mothership Marathon is focusing on award-winning episodes of the franchise to celebrate its 25th Anniversary. Saw a clip of "Want" mixed in. Apparently it was something called an "Edgar Award" in 2005 for best screenplay.

The L&O palooza is apparently this week only on ION. CI returns to Fridays next week, 10/2, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. SVU moves to Saturdays on the 3rd from 9 a.m. to 1 a.m., and the Mothership will be on a short window late Saturday night from 11 p.m. until 3 a.m.

Will this pattern last? Who knows? ION seems to be all over the map!

With CI on three different channels on Fridays (ION, MyNetwork for one hour [1 p.m.], and WE), it's been interesting to see the various stages of Goren and Eames and their changing looks since all three air different seasons.

(Although WE is now starting S9 now, so...)

ETA: I keep forgetting "Loyalty" was in S9. For some reason, I only think of the Nichols/Stevens/Callas stuff as that season, but yeah. G/E were technically in all 10 seasons.

But the weekend WE marathon tomorrow, as I said, is S6/7.

I've been on ION today due to it being Goldblum-free. :)

Ditto!  Although there was only one S9 episode on today (as S8 was finishing up before...) But once I saw it was "Broad Channel" for the last WE episode, it was back to S3 on ION with Goren and Bishop.

I hate "Broad Channel".... hate it, hate it, hate it!

I'm at a loss as to why that was something for "Major Case" to handle. But, to be fair, a lot of cases over the years had that issue. But in terms of context where "Broad Channel" is concerned, why would anyone care about the perp as a nemesis of Nichols since we'd never heard of that before?

I understand wanting to establish Nichols more fully as the solo act (versus alternating with Goren), but I don't think that was the best way to do it.

Forgot to ask, though: Do you hate the episode just because of the cast changes or are there other reasons, too?

• Love 1

/small voice.  I kind of like the Nichols episodes.  I didn't during their first run, but now I'm really enjoying them.  

The old guy on Broad Channel, played a bad cop on the Mothership and he killed himself when they came to arrest him.  

Forgot to ask, though: Do you hate the episode just because of the cast changes or are there other reasons, too?

I didn't like the storyline in "Broad Channel" and the cast changes helped contribute to that. I felt like Goldblum was ousting D'Onofrio and the same with the other characters. It was like a slap in the face to me personally and I felt like these people were being shoved down my throat, for some reason.

There's a different feel, vibe, coloration to the scenes. It's weird, I can't explain it.

I didn't like the storyline in "Broad Channel" and the cast changes helped contribute to that. I felt like Goldblum was ousting D'Onofrio and the same with the other characters. It was like a slap in the face to me personally and I felt like these people were being shoved down my throat, for some reason.

There's a different feel, vibe, coloration to the scenes. It's weird, I can't explain it.

No, I got it. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed like filming changed somehow. And the lights got turned out. As I said before, the perp was seemingly Nichols' white whale, but who really cared? No one was familiar with it.

MyNetwork just finished "Yesterday". The actor who played the guy that offed Alyssa Cooney did cold and sinister quite well.

/small voice.  I kind of like the Nichols episodes.  I didn't during their first run, but now I'm really enjoying them.

I thought the Nichols-Wheeler and Nichols-Eames episodes in S8 were fine.  Nichols himself wasn't my favorite, but he was acceptable for me as a character and the episodes still felt like CI.  S9 sucked though.  Nichols became a lot more grating when he was the absolute center of the series, his new partner just seemed to be scenery, and the cases themselves just weren't all that good.

In defense of Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, she literally had zip to do. Flapping your gums at Nichols/Stevens (which, oddly, Deakins also did with Goren/Eames, but he seemed to have more life to him or something) does not a challenging role make!

I always joke about it, but in regard to Saffron Burrows, I really think she was so focused on her American accent that she had nothing left over to give to nuance or whatever. But the Stevens/Nichols partnership had no chemistry at all, as far as I'm concerned. It's so odd how quickly Julianne Nicholson just faded away in S8 before SB stepped in. Could have been the simple fact that she had her baby and the end of her contract coincided with Wheeler's exit, but I don't recall much of an explanation for her exit. Makes me wonder if there was more to it or not.

But SB - not MEM, to me - seemed tired. The whole switch just seemed topsy turvy, from their arrival to their strange exits and the lack of contract talk, which led to said exits, etc.

I did like Jay O. Sanders as an actor and thought he did well with Captain Hannah (while also having very little to do), but the thought of Callas there in S10...I would have been interested in that dynamic.

On another topic, speaking of captains, that screener of "The Consoler" I got from eBay I talk about, I usually skip over the credits. But I landed on them, and the funny thing is, in the screener version, the "walk with captain" shot at the end still had Eric Bogosian with text above saying, "Re-shoot with Jay O. Sanders". I wonder what happened with that, since the final version in S10 was only Goren and Eames.

The old guy on Broad Channel, played a bad cop on the Mothership and he killed himself when they came to arrest him.  

No, it's cool! Hey, look. I know some of us weren't thrilled, but everyone has fans. No small voice needed here! :-) You liked Nichols, awesome! I can keep an open mind. Or do my best to try.  :-)

• Love 1

I did like Jay O. Sanders as an actor and thought he did well with Captain Hannah (while also having very little to do), but the thought of Callas there in S10...I would have been interested in that dynamic.

I think Goren would have breathed a whole new life into Callas. Remember the Frasier episodes with Mercedes Ruehl? That kind of dynamic. I don't see them winding up in bed together, but there would have been an underlying chemistry that would have made viewers wonder.

I think Goren would have breathed a whole new life into Callas. Remember the Frasier episodes with Mercedes Ruehl? That kind of dynamic. I don't see them winding up in bed together, but there would have been an underlying chemistry that would have made viewers wonder.

Making Callas a bad girl since she was married with a daughter. LOL! Me, I'm not sure that would have been the case. Obviously, Goren has no issues working with women as a rule, but he also resists change. He and Ross didn't start out on the best footing, either. Hannah, I think, was a bit different because he was a friend of Goren's (never thought that was canon but part of fanfic, but the back of the screener case mentions Hannah as a friend of Goren's from their academy days).

He did? You don't recall what episode or season approximately, do you, @TV Diva Queen?

Saw a commercial for "House" on WE. For whatever reason, CI won't be on Monday, Thursday and Friday (the latter per TV Guide) as it'll be on all day. But, I guess to make up for one of the preemptions, CI will be on from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Tuesday the 27th and Wednesday, the 28th.

ETA: TV Guide has the old schedule WE has been running for the following week, but Zap2it also has the same House deal the following week. Just also saw a commercial during the Mothership. The usual "Law & Order: Criminal Intent to shake up your week!" deal. And it now says Tuesdays and Wednesdays starting at 10:00 a.m.

The Saturday marathons, per both listings, however, remain intact.

And the world breathes a sigh of relief.

HA!  :-)

MyNetwork is showing the episode where the pharmacist diluted cancer drugs. Always felt sorry for the widower whose wife died and they ended her suffering with an overdose.

Me too.  Now bring me back some Logan episodes on your way to the store.

You'll have to be a bit more specific for the shopping list: S4, 5, 6, or 7? What's your preference?  :-P  (BTW, WE is still showing S7 on Saturdays as of now.)

WE has royally screwed up my afternoons now. There is NOTHING on Mondays!!!

I know. I mean, it's nice the show is on longer on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (and I just realized all days it is now on, T, W, and Sa, it also corresponds to the days the Mothership airs, too), but it limits what's airing the other days. (There's always the MyNetwork airing of 1 episode a day, I guess.)

Wait, I'm so confused:

So, 10AM-5PM:

Monday:House

Tuesday: Law & Order: CI

Wednesday: Law & Order: CI

Thursday: House

Friday: House

Saturday: Law & Order: CI

That's too bad -- I liked having a few eps per day, so I was able to get through a season in about a week, just hour by hour. It's how I caught up on a lot of the Logan eps. I can't watch them all day, so I imagine it'll be just sporadic viewing now. Bummer.

(I do like "House," though. At least it's not like...CSI Miami, for me)

WE was heavy hitting with the ads for L&O, both versions... now House? Huh? I don't get it.

Well, L&O: CI was the shiny toy in August. Now WE just got House. They'll push as they did L&O: CI until the NEXT shiny new acquisition.

(I do like "House," though. At least it's not like...CSI Miami, for me)

I tried watching an episode of CSI: Miami. I think I only lasted ten minutes. Funny, because everyone seemed to rave about David Caruso during his NYPD Blue heyday, but wow. That wasn't good.

I don't know if he ever made a cameo on CI, but Fred Dalton Thompson has passed away, his family announced just now. He was DA for a while on the mothership. One of my favorites that they had, in fact.

As a matter of fact, he did. Appearing in, I think, part 2 of "In The Wee Small Hours" in S5 in a scene with Carver. He seemed a bit larger than life! May he RIP.

• Love 1