Type keyword(s) to search

Criminal Intent All Episodes Talk...

Just a heads up for those who may, on any occasion, watch the Saturday WE marathons. It looks like House is occupying it at least this coming Saturday. Too soon to know if it's another permanent move, but CI remains on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10:00a.m. until 6:00 p.m. - and now, per the site - it is also back on Monday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. as of November 16th. Again, it's too soon to know if this is another permanent move or not. I guess we'll see soon.

The schedule is like a Mexican jumping bean.

That at least makes a modicum of sense, so it's CI Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and House on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Why these scheduling geniuses never figured out that three days in a row makes much more sense is beyond me.

That at least makes a modicum of sense, so it's CI Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and House on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Why these scheduling geniuses never figured out that three days in a row makes much more sense is beyond me.

Yeah, the current setup is more logical and easy to remember. Let's hope this one holds for a while!

And whoops, it is 'til 4, not 3, as another episode is on now.

Another example of the franchise redoing stories: I am watching a Curtis/Briscoe era episode, with Abbie Carmichael, where a man is accused of injecting his own kid with a deadly virus to flee his unsatisfying life.

While the mechanics are different, it brought "Zoonotic" to mind for me.

I never understood why any woman would want either one of them.

It's probably the old adage of a woman wanting to change or "fix" a guy. And we know how that usually works out - or doesn't. But, yeah, both were sleazy, to put it very mildly.

Yeah, all the quirk is gone.

Yeah, all the quirk is gone.

It may be unpopular, but while I liked the quirk early on, I don't think some manic behavior was sustainable in the long term, so I can see why VDO toned Bobby down! Considering how Bobby's life went to hell, I sort of get why his constant "up-ness" took a powder.

At least he kept his smarts.

It occurred to me that the S1 episodes of "The Good Doctor", "Poison", and "Semi-Professional" are the most Courtney B. Vance's Ron Carver ever had to do with all other seasons combined. Honorable mentions to "No Exit" and "In The Wee Small Hours".

Looking at it like that, it's a sad average.

• Love 1

I missed that, too.  Light-hearted Bobby was nice and we lost a lot of that.

It's one of the reasons I appreciated "Vanishing Act" in S7. The magic episode was a bit of fun in a bleak season. Christopher Lloyd helped there, too.

I was browsing TV shows and movies on M-GO, which is basically the Roku TV/Movie store. I was looking for a Mothership episode but saw it also has SVU and CI (only seasons 8 to 10 for CI, but it's something). The funny/weird thing is, it has the seemingly more rare "The Glory That Was" from S8 offered for sale. I know Netflix and Amazon streaming never had it available, and it also isn't in the US Region 1 DVD (it is on Region 2).

Some channels, I guess, show it. Others don't. But if you have a Roku device and still have not seen it and are curious (it is Nichols/Wheeler), now you can.

Aww, I missed Law & Order week? I miss all the fun. Still, I think CI did its own "draft your team" in season 5 with "In the Wee Small Hours." We got the best of all worlds with that case!

Aww, I missed Law & Order week? I miss all the fun. Still, I think CI did its own "draft your team" in season 5 with "In the Wee Small Hours." We got the best of all worlds with that case!

Yeah, we did! For the record, of those listed, Alan Sepinwall's team including Lennie Briscoe and Bobby Goren won.  :-)

Happy New Year!

• Love 1

Seems WE is playing with the schedule again without notice. Today, the Mothership has been on all day (which is fine with me as it is in the early seasons 1 and 2, etc., and I loved those, too!) and, looking at the website, the Mothership is indeed listed. Seems CI is now Monday, Tuesday, and - at least as of now for this week, tomorrow, Thursday, at the usual time, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (As of now, this seems like a one off as the site still has CI on M-W next week, but not sure if the site just has not updated or what. Time will tell!)

Random thought while having the ION marathon on in the background: Rodgers really was too cool for Ross. What did she see in him? Especially since, in "Betrayed", he was all about his friend, Kathy, right in front of her.

At least she got to go to the opera with Lennie, as she told Logan.

WE is playing ping pong again because of House. House has taken the Mothership's Saturday slot in the evenings, so the Mothership will air on 2/10, a Wednesday, all day. That means L&O: CI moves to Thursday that week.

Temporary? Permanent? No idea!

ETA: Looks permanent, since the week before, the Mothership will be on Wednesday, 2/3, all day with L&O: CI moved to Thursday. So I guess I will now be M, T, Th...until the next ping pong change.

Watching "Icarus" on USA (thanks to insomnia) and not only did the franchise reuse actors, I realized it also recycled names. The name of Cynthia Nixon's alcoholic Broadway producer was Amanda Rollins.

That would carry over to SVU with Kelli Giddish as Det. Amanda Rollins.

My schedule synopsis on Dish was all screwed up yesterday on WE. The episode descriptions weren't matching up with what was airing. Anyone else have that problem?

Same here, cooks! But WE has had a chaotic schedule lately, anyway. (Mainly because House took over Saturdays, all day and night, so CI and the Mothership have been hopscotching.) I think, for now anyway, it is now settled so CI airs on M, T, Th (and late nights T into W and W into Th mornings) with the Mothership airing all day and night on Wednesdays and the usual 6 to midnight slot on M and T.

Ah, so that explains why the Mothership is on now. So...what's on Fridays now? House?

(House must have tanked to have them pull it after two months. I still hate the 10AM-3PM schedule -- you go through too much of one season. I much preferred the 1PM-4PM schedules.)

Ah, so that explains why the Mothership is on now. So...what's on Fridays now? House?

(House must have tanked to have them pull it after two months. I still hate the 10AM-3PM schedule -- you go through too much of one season. I much preferred the 1PM-4PM schedules.)

CI now airs on Mondays from 10 to 4 p.m. And Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 to 6, although yesterday had some movie start at 3 and repeat all night. It goes back to normal next week. House still airs on Fridays and now airs all day/night on Saturdays.

Since House took Saturdays, it took away the Mothership's evening slot, hence having its own all day/night Wednesday deal.

If one is an insomniac, CI also airs on late Tuesday/Wednesday mornings from 1 a.m. to 5 a.m. and after the Mothership on Wednesdays/Thursdays, also from 1 to 5 a.m.

• Love 1

Thanks, Wendy. Still can't stand the 10AM-4PM schedule and would love to meet the genius who decided it was a good idea, LOL.

The 1PM-4PM schedule allowed me to catch up on seasons I'd never seen, without feeling like I was giving up my entire day. I can't do that now. :pouts:

(I still think House tanked in ratings -- you don't stick a heavily promoted formerly popular drama on Fridays and Saturdays after promoting it heavily for months. And to add insult to injury, replace it with an even older drama series that's been airing in syndication forever like the Mothership.)

Thanks, Wendy. Still can't stand the 10AM-4PM schedule and would love to meet the genius who decided it was a good idea, LOL.

The 1PM-4PM schedule allowed me to catch up on seasons I'd never seen, without feeling like I was giving up my entire day. I can't do that now. :pouts:

(I still think House tanked in ratings -- you don't stick a heavily promoted formerly popular drama on Fridays and Saturdays after promoting it heavily for months. And to add insult to injury, replace it with an even older drama series that's been airing in syndication forever like the Mothership.)

Wacky schedules are why God invented DVRs!  :-)

As for whether House tanked on WE or not, hard to say. I mean, it is on all day and night through Saturday nights/Sunday mornings. If it tanked, would the channel show it all day? Makes me wonder!

I do miss the old ION marathons that used to be on in the evenings. (As of now, it is on another hiatus.) The Friday morning into mid-afternoon deal sort of stunk, IMO. But the channel has had the show for years now, so I get why it has moved and has gone on breaks. (The show is still on their site, though, so I don't think it's done for good just yet.)

It'll be interesting to see if WE sticks with this schedule, though, for a while as shows seem to jump slots like a Mexican jumping bean.  :-)

• Love 1

Speaking of overnight airings if anyone DVRs, CI's usual 1 - 4 a.m. deal on early Thursday morning has only one episode on the 25th at 3 a.m. because WE is airing Exiled (the Mothership movie with Mike Logan) from 1 a.m. to 3 a.m.

The usual 1 a.m. to 4 a.m. deal the following Thursday seems normal. As do Tuesdays into Wednesdays both this week and next.

So Rick Eid, who wrote "The Last Street In Manhattan" (and other franchise episodes, I'm pretty sure, among other projects) has just been named the new show runner of SVU.

At least he knows the franchise. Good luck to him.

On the off chance others (besides Maherjunkie *waves*) are lurking and still watch the WE marathons, it looks like - as of next week, WE is altering the schedule yet again.

The show will still air on Monday morning/afternoon from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and will also keep the 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Tuesday schedule. But - and I don't yet know if it is permanent or just for this week as the schedule doesn't go that far out - the Thursday marathon is no more (minus the late night Tuesday into Wednesday episodes from 1 to 4 a.m. and Thursday morning from 1 to 3 a.m. if you are a nightowl or have DVR; those episodes continue).

Instead, House is taking Thursday over and L&O: CI on WE is "pulling an ION" in that the show will air from 10:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. on Saturday, starting April 16th. (I say "pulling an ION" as it used to have the Saturday marathons going into prime time [and later there], too.)

I'm sorry-WE or Ion?

On WE. I just said "pulling an ION" because ION used to have the Saturday marathons.

By the way, it does look permanent (as of now). The Saturday after in listings also has the show from 10:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.

So I came across info online about Chris Noth's wife. I never knew she was on L&O: CI before he joined the cast. Kind of funny. No idea who she played, just said she was on. The actress' name is Tara Wilson.

They started dating about a year before Noth joined the show.

She was apparently in the Season 3 episode "Ill-Bred" (horse farm, vet murder, stud service, female stud perp) but I don't remember her part and she doesn't look familiar.

She was apparently in the Season 3 episode "Ill-Bred" (horse farm, vet murder, stud service, female stud perp) but I don't remember her part and she doesn't look familiar.

Thanks for that, Totale! Maybe she was an extra or something, because I don't remember her, either.  :-) As an aside, the actor playing the doltish husband of the killer reappeared on the show in "Depths" in S7, the one with the treasure diving.