Type keyword(s) to search

Criminal Intent All Episodes Talk...

So, TV Guide Online updated its schedule for the next two weeks and if you have missed the CI marathons on ION, it's back as of Friday, July 24th, starting at 6:00 p.m. ET. Oddly, it is beginning in S3 with "Sound Bodies" (where Goren gets slapped!) rather than from the beginning, but okay.

Early this morning, in the midst of my insomnia, a Logan/Barek episode was showing on USA, the one with slimy David Keith's bad cop who offers up his daughter to Logan, etc. (Bad with a lot of S5 titles.) USA is concurrently airing S5 alongside S10. Odd pattern.

I know this one had to do with bad cops and mobsters, but I never could follow the plot to this one what with all the corrupt cops and bad guys all over the screen. Shrug. Anyone else?

Although I did like Keith's character bringing up Lennie to Mike. Always liked hearing about Lennie.

No, I got my skells straight.  Did you have a question?

I...just never understood the plot of that one. I mean, was Keith's character (besides generally a bad cop) that hitman for the mob? And if he was, what was with that other guy being chained up and killed by the two flunkies in the beginning?

That was one of the few I didn't get, what with that doctor's secretary (the redheaded woman) also being murdered. There seemed to be too much happening in this one, so I was wondering what was going on! So maybe you can break it down for me. LOL!

I believe she was as I thought there was a mention of their honeymoon.

Huh. Thanks! And now I am suitably squicked out. (As it seemed like ol' doc was old enough to be her father. Or even grandfather!) Much like poor Renata was when she found out Daddy Dearest was trying to pawn her off on any males he could find. Hee.

Perhaps it was one of the reasons I blocked stuff out? I do kind of wish Logan had let his old hothead self reach across the interrogation table and grab David Keith's character by his scummy throat. (As an aside, his hair looked sort of bleached and blah, to me.)

Per TV Guide, not only is the ION marathon back as of Friday, but (and this is very early morning, but for any insomniacs who like the early/simpler years) USA is circling back to S1 on early Sunday morning. "One" was good as a pilot, but I really did like "Art" (Bobby speaking German! And his play by play with Sylvia Moon) and "Smothered".

If you (the universal you!) watch the Mothership on We (and I do!), per TV Guide, CI is joining the lineup as of 8/1 as a marathon (and has airings on 8/2 and 8/3, too). Apparently, CI will lead into the Mothership. So almost a L&O channel!  :-) (When not showing reality crap.)

No clue if this is a permanent thing or whatever, but for now, it's another channel besides ION and USA airing it.

If you don't mind I am going to swipe this for my site.

It's not my info, but TV Guide's but go for it!  :-)  The actual schedule is on We's site. Looks like it is oddly starting around S4, but maybe I missed episodes before those.

Just a reminder if anyone is lurking and/or has no plans. (Pouring here, so it's perfect!) ION is bringing back its Friday CI marathons starting today from 6:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. So, enjoy...or not!  :-P

Next week's marathon is quite the jump. It goes from S3 to S8. No idea why, but there you go. Then again, I THINK the show ended on S8 when ION pulled it, so maybe it just wants to circle back around.

No Logan?  Kill me. Now!

If you have a DVR, late night USA is showing him (alternating with G/E), and We is starting with S4 when it starts airing in August (why it is starting in S4 is anyone's guess), so he'll show up sooner rather than later!

But trust me, of all seasons to skip to, I'm not jazzed about seeing Zack again, either. LOL! But he isn't on next week. Oddly, the marathon is all S3 until 11:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m., when the S8 episodes "Folie A Deux" and "Family Values" are being shown. As I said, it's weird.

Got no dvr.  But the heat will go better with Logan anyway.

Well, since Logan did make his first appearance in "Stress Position" in S4, you won't have to wait long when We starts airing the show! (Even if his nurse girlfriend in that one was a bitch.)

And a stupid one!

Hee, I guess! But I still find the end of that one with Bobby and Mike trapped with the killer guards so delightfully cheesy. Still, I think it was really the only time we saw Goren/Logan working one on one together.

To let you all know, ION has come to its senses and restored the show to its weekly marathons!  There was a Friday marathon on yesterday!

Yes, I saw! But it never hurts to have another heads up, so thanks! As I said to Maherjunkie, next week's is odd in that it is still S3 up until 11:00 p.m., but from then until 1:00 a.m., it is S8, and in looking at the listings for the week after, it remains in S8. Shrug.

In case you missed it, WeTV is also going to carry the show via marathon form (makes sense as it already has the Mothership) starting on August 1st. The dates and times are at the link.

CI on ION, the Mothership on Sundance. Where is SVU for the trifecta?

:P

USA lol

Is it me, or are the defense attorneys completely useless on this show? On The Mothership and SVU, the suspect can barely say 2 words before their attorney tells them to shut up. On Criminal Intent, they just sit there while Goren does his Jedi mind-trickery for a good 5 minutes and let their clients incriminate themselves

USA lol

Is it me, or are the defense attorneys completely useless on this show? On The Mothership and SVU, the suspect can barely say 2 words before their attorney tells them to shut up. On Criminal Intent, they just sit there while Goren does his Jedi mind-trickery for a good 5 minutes and let their clients incriminate themselves

True, but Goren fascinates me with some of those tricks, especially in the early seasons. So I just rolled with it. :-)

Well, in some episodes, it is worked around by having the accused waive their rights to a lawyer. Never mind some were crazy. I remember Deakins sort of laughing after Eames told him the crazy homeless guy that Goren was interviewing in "The Faithful" (S1) waived, and him saying, "That'll hold up!" (just as said guy broke into a rendition of "Beautiful Dreamer." Hee.). Then there was the sleazebag lawyer, Henry Talbot, from "Jones", whom I assume was representing himself. (Too much fun watching that particular interrogation; the lack of a lawyer worked there.)

For @Maherjunkie, if you're lurking at all, the weekend WE marathon (which shows S4 - I guess S1 is just during the week) has a bit of Logan for you tomorrow. "Stress Position" is in the lineup. So hopefully, you get the channel, assuming you aren't going anywhere in the afternoon. :-)

Yes, Wendy, I saw it, thank you.

You're welcome. At least, per Eames, her father thought Logan was a hero for punching out that councilman.

Having really paid attention this time, though, I do wonder why Gina also didn't get in legal trouble since she knew about the extra prisoners. But maybe she could have claimed to fear for her life in exchange for her testimony is all I can figure.

From what I read someplace before, "Faith", the episode with the fictitious Erica, was based on a true story. I have been gullible at times, but how the hell can people not start getting suspicious when they could never see a person face to face?

Oh, well. I guess criminals thrive on the stupidity of others.

From what I read someplace before, "Faith", the episode with the fictitious Erica, was based on a true story. I have been gullible at times, but how the hell can people not start getting suspicious when they could never see a person face to face?

Oh, well. I guess criminals thrive on the stupidity of others.

There's even a movie, The Night Listener, from a novel by Armistead Maupin, who was fooled by the "boy with AIDS." Maupin fictionalized the account and had his protagonist end up bitter, but he himself was philosophical about the outcome. Some accounts make the point that people like the woman involved invent fates that are more sympathetic to strangers than their own real pain.

There's even a movie, The Night Listener, from a novel by Armistead Maupin, who was fooled by the "boy with AIDS." Maupin fictionalized the account and had his protagonist end up bitter, but he himself was philosophical about the outcome. Some accounts make the point that people like the woman involved invent fates that are more sympathetic to strangers than their own real pain.

Yeah, @SFoster21, I guess I understand as far as the sympathy angle goes. And I think Bobby even brought that up. But it just seems disgusting to make up such heinous stories to take advantage. And makes those giving the sympathy just look dumb.

Still, I guess it comes down to soft hearts and trying to exploit the goodness that some still possess. In that way, the episode is still sadly relevant.

Yeah, @SFoster21, I guess I understand as far as the sympathy angle goes. And I think Bobby even brought that up. But it just seems disgusting to make up such heinous stories to take advantage. And makes those giving the sympathy just look dumb.

Still, I guess it comes down to soft hearts and trying to exploit the goodness that some still possess. In that way, the episode is still sadly relevant.

Every week on "Catfish" -- usually the stories are so sad. But you notice that the people who fell for it were also needy and they were getting something out of it as well. Edited by SFoster21

Is WE network pissing anyone else off besides me?

They run 5 episodes per day, then rerun the last two the next day. So you're only getting three, really. Do they think I don't notice?

It's definitely odd. All I can figure is the "repeats" from the prior day are for anyone who didn't see them the other day. Odder still, the weekend WE marathon (Saturday) has no repeats from the week and is on S4/S5 versus S2 during the week. Between all of that and USA also on S2 and the Friday ION marathon showing S8 (going on S9 this weekend, UGH!), there's both overlap and a wide spectrum.

And five episodes a day only applies to Tuesday/Wednesday. The other three weekdays only go 'til 4, with three total episodes. So there's one "non-repeat" then.

At least "Chinoiserie" is a good one, with the Chinese art. Although I do wonder why there are "repeats". I don't think the Mothership gets shown that way.

Not surprised ION was pulled in some areas. L&O: CI just came back after a 4-month hiatus, and it seemed like the channel, per TV Guide, only showed Flashpoint, Blue Bloods, Ghost Whisperer, and Criminal Minds out the wazoo.

Not important or earth-shattering, but for those who get WE, I have a question: In the hybrid Mothership/CI commercial, the one with "L&O served straight up and with a twist", does anyone recall the episode where Bobby is holding that little dog? I recognized the rest of the clips, from "Homo Homini Lupus", "Jones", and a quick bit from "The Last Street In Manhattan", but I can't place the part with the dog, where Bobby says "That's funny!" (after WE spliced it with Briscoe saying he hasn't gotten lucky since 1986 beforehand!).

Like I said, nothing major, but I don't recall that thing with the dog and was curious!

What is "Catfish"?

You really don't know? People who pretend to be someone else on line so they can make love to a picture they like. Mainly sad lonely people.

Edited by SFoster21
It was on the other day, "Tuxedo Hill"... the dog belongs to the girlfriend of the guy who "bought a collar".

Thanks! Odd, though, how I recall the episode well but missed that!

You really don't know? People who pretend to be someone else on line so they can make love to a picture they like. Mainly sad lonely people.

I, too, have never heard of this, SFoster21! And wish I still hadn't. It really does sound beyond sad!

On another note, I love the irony of every commercial for CI that ION is showing is for G/E...as Stevens/Nichols episodes air. (I actually skipped most tonight, but other stuff is over, and it's good for background noise. So there it is.)

Some of my favorite episodes on WE beginning at 10 eastern.... "Death Roe" starring Chris Penn, Sean's late brother; "Ex Stasis" about the organ donor who will only donate himself on his terms; "Shibboleth"; "The Good Child"; "Beast" with Bronson Pinchot; "No Exit"; "The Unblinking Eye" with the now-forever-creepy Pablo Schreiber.

"Death Roe", yeesh. Chris Penn was the worst dad ever.

Killed the food critic, killed his own son-in-law, and molested his daughter. Yep, he was gross. The only thing I never got with that episode was how the pin in the husband's leg that Beatrice was using as leverage against her pervy father wasn't mangled from the meat grinder. Seems to me like not only would it jam it as was said, it would get scratched at the very least (if not break entirely) and the serial number could be compromised. Ah, TV.

And the husband...are we to infer Beatrice's dad not only ground him up (eeewww!) but...used him in the restaurant? I think I grossed myself out here.

Did enjoy Bobby's hearty Woohoo! as he pulled the steam thingy in the kitchen.

Some of my favorite episodes on WE beginning at 10 eastern.... "Death Roe" starring Chris Penn, Sean's late brother; "Ex Stasis" about the organ donor who will only donate himself on his terms; "Shibboleth"; "The Good Child"; "Beast" with Bronson Pinchot; "No Exit"; "The Unblinking Eye" with the now-forever-creepy Pablo Schreiber.

I find it so funny that both leads on Perfect Strangers, Larry and Cousin Balki!, both played criminals on this show. Of course, Mark Linn Baker's poor Wally the probability guy became a messenger for Mark Ford Brady in prison, but hey. LOL. And Bronson Pinchot played a good cold sleazebag killer. (Hell, I still recall BP in Beverly Hills Cop as the gallery worker and he was a riot!) As for MLB,  I recall him also in a Mothership episode with one horrible mustache. All I recall is he played the owner of some nightclub.

But I also loved "No Exit" if just for seeing Carver get to use his law knowledge with the grand jury and for Eames' "little dance in hell" gem. Seeing Darrell Hammond as scummy Len Timmons, it sort of saddens me he has been reduced to impersonating a dead man in the new KFC commercials. "No Exit" was an odd one, though, in that the main focus wasn't the deaths of those in the car (although it was part of the investigation), but about the death of a woman we never saw. Kind of a different way to go there.

And let us remember Matt Damon's voice cameo with said now-creepy Pablo Schrieber in "The Unblinking Eye". That was kind of cool.