Type keyword(s) to search

Criminal Intent All Episodes Talk...

Isn't that what the character threads are for? *snerk*

So, I watched "The Unblinking Eye" last night--the one about the would be actor who arranged to have his fiancé killed so that he'd become more famous. And I checked the credits--how neato that Matt Damon actually agreed to play himself, even if it was offscreen for Pablo Schrieber's character's audition that got fucked up.

Wait, I never looked. The voice on that tape WAS Matt Damon? That's...pretty awesome! And that episode was really warped. Even sabotaging the friend, leading to that humiliation of an audition. The scavenger hunt clues thing was different, though.

Of course, CI delighted in disturbing content. "No Exit" being one, "Blind Spot", another.

But with CI gone (at least first run), seems like SVU has upped the sensationalist stuff even past CI's realm...or so it seems by what I've read. Maybe I'd feel differently if I still watched! Hee.

Wait, I never looked. The voice on that tape WAS Matt Damon? That's...pretty awesome! And that episode was really warped. Even sabotaging the friend, leading to that humiliation of an audition. The scavenger hunt clues thing was different, though.

Yep, it was! I was going to come here and ask if anyone knew if it was really him, but I checked the credits and there it was: in black and white: Matt Damon...As himself.

This episode now on Ion's marathon reminds me of that movie (well, movies, as it was remade with Dennis Quaid), DOA, where a man tries to find who killed him before he dies.

Logan's friend with radiation poisoning seems to be the same theme.

Just so I'm following the rules, I'm going to go and create a "seasons" thread, so we can talk about the episodes by season? Since we're getting marathons via ION, it might make it less confusing? So taking my thoughts about the episodes I saw over the weekend there now...

Hello there all!  Or maybe I should say Hello @WendyCR72 & @GHScorpiosRule as you are the only two in the thread right now.  ::giggle::

Meet your friendly neighborhood mod for this forum - and that makes me happy as Criminal Intent is my fave L&O break off. 

Do you think the season threads are working for you, or would you like to see me combine them all into a "All Episodes Talk" area, and so we don't have to remember which season which episode was in.

In my mature brain (another way of saying OLD), it helps me better to be able to comment, because even if I have watched each episode like a billion times, I still don't know what the NAME of the episode is or what season it came from, and that would help me better be able to add to the discussion.

What do you think?

I think we wanted to create an all episode general thread, but the BOSS, a.k.a David, I think, said to break it into seasons, hence the "creative names" I've tried to come up for each season; I tend to list the episode name when I'm ranting or gushing (as you can see), but if you think it's better to combine them all into a general show discussion thread, go ahead. Just my .02 cents.

We tend to go off comparing, but I think I read where someone said it was easier to keep track if separated by season, in case they hadn't watched it and wouldn't be lost or something?

Hola, BizBuzz.  :-)  Let's just say I'm open to however everyone wants to set things up, as long as we can chat about CI! (And, as you can likely tell, CI is my favorite spinoff from the Mothership, too! So you have great taste!)

• Love 1

I think that view has changed slightly @GHScorpiosRule, it's now about how the mod wants to set things up as long as we follow the guidelines we have been asked to use.

So, let's compromise, what if I were to pin a post with all the episodes of the season in the particular season thread so that they might be more easily recognizable?  Would that work for you and @WendyCR72?

• Love 1
So, let's compromise, what if I were to pin a post with all the episodes of the season in the particular season thread so that they might be more easily recognizable?  Would that work for you and WendyCR72?

I can't speak for GHScorpiosRule, BizBuzz, but it works for me!  :-)  Thanks for trying to organize stuff here!

• Love 2

I think that view has changed slightly @GHScorpiosRule, it's now about how the mod wants to set things up as long as we follow the guidelines we have been asked to use.

So, let's compromise, what if I were to pin a post with all the episodes of the season in the particular season thread so that they might be more easily recognizable?  Would that work for you and @WendyCR72?

Oh, I didn't know that! And like Wendy, whatever works--I don't have any problems adjusting! Can you, like, do it right away? Cuz, like I'm watching season 8 right now, and I'm burning to talk about the season in general--or would general talk, like what the season is like compared to others, be more appropriate for this thread, and we can talk about discuss, gush, rant, bitch, about specific episodes in the episode threads?

Ok, let's do this, let's keep this our General Discussion thread, we can talk about ALL episodes and ALL seasons in this thread.   To adhere to the guidelines I have been given, I will change the title here to "All Episodes Talk: Come Up with a Snappy Title Because I am Absolutely Horrible at That" - then, we can have SEASON threads, and why don't you @GHScorpiosRule come up with a Season 8 Thread and a snappy title.  I will start listing the episodes for each season and pin them to the top with a reminder of what the rules are.  Between you and @WendyCR72, come up with Seasons 1-4 too.

If people can't remember the season in which an episode appeared, and want to talk about it in relationship to the season, they can come in here and ask where it is supposed to go.  I will count on you two to help me direct them to the right thread.

Sound doable?

Okay! How about Season 8-The ever changing grizzly beard of Goren? Because I SWEAR, the length and thickness of his beard kept changing from scene to scene in the first 4 episodes! ( four because the other four were the Wheeler and NOTLogan! episodes).  Or Season 8-The return of the Goren Lean! Because it appears and now my memory is coming back, that Leight's hack of an ass was "fired" as show runner and Walon Green took over, because Leight's name is not listed on any scripts or as producer.

I"m easy. Of if you or Wendy can come up with one, I'll create it or y'all can!

• Love 1

Either/or ... have at it, both work for me!  I will most likely do my edits in the morning, so discuss between you two and if I see them done in the morning, I will start my magic powers.

OMG, I crack myself up.

• Love 1
Okay! How about Season 8-The ever changing grizzly beard of Goren? Because I SWEAR, the length and thickness of his beard kept changing from scene to scene in the first 4 episodes!

That's...sort of perfect! And I noticed the same damn thing during yesterday's Ion marathon which did S8/starting my least fave season, S9, with Nichols only. ("Loyalty", both parts, was skipped, though! But I noticed Ion is running those during the 1st 2 marathon episodes next week. I'm supposing Ion didn't want to show those in the dead of night; maybe "Loyalty" gets good ratings? Shrug.)

• Love 1

I think I'll go with the Lean...

As for season 9, after the way Goren and  Eames were SHIT on, I stopped watching until Season 10, when they came back, so I won't be creatin' a thread for that. And because I'm not greedy or selfish, I'll let Wendy create those topic titles! (see me: EVUHL GRIN)

I'll try to come up with one for the first season, but 2-4, I'm coming up with a blank...

That's...sort of perfect! And I noticed the same damn thing during yesterday's Ion marathon which did S8/starting my least fave season, S9, with Nichols only. ("Loyalty", both parts, was skipped, though! But I noticed Ion is running those during the 1st 2 marathon episodes next week. I'm supposing Ion didn't want to show those in the dead of night; maybe "Loyalty" gets good ratings? Shrug.)

I have a great compromise! Tell me what you think!

• Love 1

WAIT! I can't take such PRESSURE! Ha. Okay, I'll have to think over some thread titles. But I frankly don't give a rat's ass about Season 9, full disclosure, beyond "Loyalty", so anyone else is allowed to handle that one!

• Love 2

I did it! for Season 8, that is. I think it's a nice compromise, m'self.

WAIT! I can't take such PRESSURE! Ha. Okay, I'll have to think over some thread titles. But I frankly don't give a rat's ass about Season 9, full disclosure, beyond "Loyalty", so anyone else is allowed to handle that one!

Pressure, schmessure.

• Love 1

If the muse doesn't hit you both, just post something and we can be creative later.  We can even ask others and they figure out how hopping this forum is.  ::giggle::

I say a bit later on this summer, we set up a re-watch.  I am doing two right now, a third is coming up soon, and then we can do this?

• Love 1

I'm posting this here, since Bizz will be doing her magic later this morning and listing episode topics within the seasons.

I thought for sure that I'd seen the last of Bobby's grizzly beard after episode 13, but then in 13-"All In" (revisiting Josh, the poker kid from previous season), not only is his grizzly beard back, but he's sporting some weird Mark Twain hairstyle, with his hair all standing on end in all its curliness in Episode 14 "Alpha Dog." What the FUCK?

The shooting schedule is beyond whacked. It seems that the episodes that were filmed were aired out of order. It's the only thing that makes sense for his disappearing and reappearing bearded look. Which, I am SO not a fan of.

• Love 1

Ok, I think I have updated all the seasons up to 8, I have to head out for a bit, let me know if anything looks incorrect ok?  I will be back later.

• Love 1

Ok, I think I have updated all the seasons up to 8, I have to head out for a bit, let me know if anything looks incorrect ok?  I will be back later.

Bizz I love how you have it set up. For some reason, I thought you were going to create a separate topic for each episode, but I really like how it's a pinned note, like you said it was. I was just confuseded last night!

• Love 1

On my iPad, so hate typing, but thanks, glad you like it.

I just thought of another caveat to pin with that ... since this is a specific season thread, please tread carefully. If this is your first time watching be aware that the entire season is talked about in here, and you WILL BE spoiled.

• Love 2

On my iPad, so hate typing, but thanks, glad you like it.

I just thought of another caveat to pin with that ... since this is a specific season thread, please tread carefully. If this is your first time watching be aware that the entire season is talked about in here, and you WILL BE spoiled.

Oh, I like that caveat, though with as many channels that air this and the mothership in syndication, it's hard to believe no one who is a fan of the show or franchise hasn't seen an episode!

So whatever mystery power GHScorpiosRule has, does it require her to have wings, wear a diaper, and throw heart-shaped tipped arrows a la Cupid, to "spread the love"? Hee.

• Love 1
(edited)

So whatever mystery power GHScorpiosRule has, does it require her to have wings, wear a diaper, and throw heart-shaped tipped arrows a la Cupid, to "spread the love"? Hee.

@WendyCR72

HAH!

I'd rather use the grappling and "shoot" to spread this new found love!

Hmm...I can tell this is going to take some practice...

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2
(edited)

So I was browsing eBay the other night out of boredom when I discovered there was an actual L&O: CI video game that exists! Complete with VDO on the cover. Not personally my thing, but I must say I was kind of surprised there was such an item out there!

Edited by WendyR72

So I was browsing eBay the other night out of boredom when I discovered there was an actual L&O: CI video game that exists! Complete with VDO on the cover. Not personally my thing, but I must say I was kind of surprised there was such an item out there!

Well Facebook has the mothership game in their games section, except UGH, it's Lennie and fucking Rey on the "cover" so to speak.

Taking more substantive additional response to the L&O thread.

So, just some stream of consciousness stuff.

Some of my DVDs were old, as I had gotten them used. Believe it or not, importing them - in the cases of some seasons - was cheaper than getting them here. So I did, to replace a set or two. I have a region-free player. Anyway, these sets have the usual English track, but also the French track.

Out of curiosity, I sampled some, and it's funky how the French NEVER seems off in terms of the lips moving, seems to match up perfectly with the true track. But some voices, for me, do not fit the actors. Poor Carver has a very high-pitched voice.

And on the foreign sets, instead of the usual black backdrop during the closing credits, there are stills from episodes of the actors, etc. Pretty weird, but cool. Weird, though, in that the stills do not seem to be from a specific episode played but maybe from throughout the season.

Oh yeah, and that missing episode on Netflix, Amazon, and on the S8 US set, "The Glory That Was" (which is where the stills of Nichols and Wheeler in the S8 credits comes from), is on the Region 2 set.

Like I said, just some random observations on this rainy day!

• Love 1
(edited)

I was playing around on YT, as I'm bound to do when bored, and I came across this video of the L&O: CI theme that is/was used in the UK. Why it doesn't/didn't use either of the US themes, I don't know. But it's kind of funky, and the visuals, and mixing all the teams involved, seems cool.

What's odd is, the R2 DVDs do(es) use the US theme(s).

Here it is, if you're curious.

Edited by WendyR72

If anyone is actually home or needs something to watch before heading out, Ion has another mini CI marathon on now with the tail end of S10 and the start of S1 from now 'til 3 a.m. I guess the Saturday marathon is just not enough for Ion.  :-P

Huh, the two marathons thing must be permanent for CI as tonight, starting at 7, Ion continues S1 (where last week's ended with "Art") until 3:00 a.m. The Saturday marathon tomorrow continues with S6. Just a heads up.

If you're just lazing around on your day off, Cloo is showing CI. (Warning for Chattygal: It's "Seeds" right now with Falacci. LOL!)

ETA: It is apparently the last episode from a noon to 4 block. From 4 to 7, if you also like that, is another franchise show, SVU.

I guess it was bound to happen, and for all I know this could have been around a while and I just saw it, but now Universal (the distributor of CI, along with tons of other TV/movie properties) now has its own cable channel, so along with Cloo, Ion, and various other local stations (at least where I am), that station also shows L&O: CI, showing S1, episodes 1-4, from 9 to 1 p.m.eastern time, and cycling the same 4 again from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.on Wednesday, 10/1 with the next few on the following Wednesday, etc.

I have Time Warner. I don't know if other carriers have this channel.

Between WE, USA, TNT, Cloo, Ion, and this station, it seems like the franchise will never die.

You know, reading the SVU thread, while CI did have its fair share of clunkers, I'm so glad it ended before we had things like...monkeys in basketballs and lines like "turn on the sun". Clearly, someone is on some good stuff over in SVU land.