Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: All About That Paper

OK, I guess I did build up the improv stuff too much. =P  This could be my own personal bias, but I feel like a lot of the improv I've seen in LA is better than a series of mediocre poop jokes.

Minor thing I loved a lot: Becca laughed at her own joke a little too loud as an obvious signal to tell Vernon to laugh too.

Big joke that I loved a lot: "If you must know, I'm able to finish with her... REGULAR!"

Anyways, how bout those final minutes? Holy shit holy shit holy shit.

• Love 2

A nice, pleasant episode until... damn!

Both Lindsay's self torturing watching of the old videos on her phone and well... Gretchen's ability to be self-destructive even in what seems to be the most calm and settled moments.

• Love 2

You are not allowed to break my heart, show. I did not sign up for that!

The only lyrics the show uses for the theme song are "I'm going to leave you anyway", so.....

• Love 1

Gah my dvr cut off and I keep hearing about the final minutes. Whappened??!?

Gretchen sneaked out of bed in the middle of the night, grabbed her phone for garbage people, and drove off. One minute, I was looking up recipes for breakfast lasagna thinking about how much fun this episode was. The next, I felt like I was stabbed in the heart.

Edited by NoNeinNyet
  • Love 1

Also, Lindsay drunkenly watched old phone videos of Paul with her until she decided to get a popsicle… which reminded her about the old condom she salvaged from the trash in s2, ep 1. So she grabbed it and microwaved it. Meanwhile, Edgar stopped by, briefly, which distracted her and led to the condom exploding in the microwave. So she shooed Edgar away, scraped the sperm into her wine mug, then tried to apply it , but it was too hot and she used the popsicle as a salve. So funny but also crazy sad. At least there should be no chance she gets pregnant from that, though.

• Love 2

That Peaky Blinders thing made me laugh hysterically when I saw it. I definitely rewound it a few times! Poor Shitstain, I feel your pain. My husband sometimes messes with me and deletes things off our queue and adds stuff I would never watch. Peaky Blinders being one of them lol!

• Love 2

New YTW watcher here! Binged and caught up with the show this past week during my free time.

This episode was such a nice Jimmy/Gretchen episode that Gretchen leaving in the middle of the night just makes the gut punch even harder. I'm so curious to see where exactly this will lead do and if it's an internal Gretchen-thing or some external force that draws her away.

Initially, I assumed it was an external force, but then I realized there wasn't necessarily an indication (yet) of her checking the time, receiving a message, or anything like that. Also, glad the show remembered Jimmy's sleep apnea,because I don't think we saw the mask since the Pilot (unless we did, and in my binge-induced haze, I forgot that detail).

I also really loved that song in the final scene of this episode.

Everyone should watch Peaky Blinders, its amazing. I also totally got Gretchens running away and maybe sabotaging her entire relationship, I have been there and I think where she has found herself is totally scary and unfamiliar and she is doesn't know what to do. I hope she decides to go back, but if she doesn't, well, that's kind of how life works sometimes. This is a TV show however,  so I expect it to all work out.

Gretchen sneaked out of bed in the middle of the night, grabbed her phone for garbage people, and drove off.

Could someone please explain what that phone is? I am simultaneously watching seasons 1 and 2 (it really isn't that awkward) but I don't know why her getting up, getting a (second?) phone out of a drawer and leaving is so terrible?

The phone is from season 2, ep 1.  It's the "burner"* phone Sam gave her because she wasn't answering her regular phone.

* I don't know if they used the term "burner" specifically, but it generally refers to a throwaway phone for illicit purposes, like arranging drug deals, murders, or affairs.

So anyways, sneaking out without Jimmy's knowledge, and specifically taking her burner, all points to her doing something behind Jimmy's back that he wouldn't be happy about.

A nice, pleasant episode until... damn!

Both Lindsay's self torturing watching of the old videos on her phone and well... Gretchen's ability to be self-destructive even in what seems to be the most calm and settled moments.

Jeez I just watched this episode on demand and didn't see any of that.