Type keyword(s) to search

S31: Abi-Maria Gomes

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Good for her in the reunion show, saying "I am my own worst enemy."   She is!  Good that she saw that.   I think her boyfriend helped in pointing out examples for her to learn this.  

• Love 1

I don't know why Abi doesn't shoot for actual acting roles.  I think she has everyone snowed with her evil act and her perplexed act.  I think she's been in the US long enough to know what "she's a hoot" means.  

I don't know why Abi doesn't shoot for actual acting roles.  I think she has everyone snowed with her evil act and her perplexed act.  I think she's been in the US long enough to know what "she's a hoot" means.  

I expect her business doesn't leave enough free time for other pursuits.  I'm frankly surprised she took the time off for this season.

I expect her business doesn't leave enough free time for other pursuits.  I'm frankly surprised she took the time off for this season.

What is her business?  I am too lazy to look it up.  I was going to say busy but I am watching a movie as I post so that lie would gnaw at me.  

• Love 3

I wondered occasionally if language wasn't a bit of the communication problem.

It is sometimes, certain phrases that we automatically understand are confusing for her.

Allthatglitters, no, not a joke. She co-founded the company. I helped her and her partner get their product available to liquor stores in N.C., as our stores are run by the state, not privately owned. It takes a bit of lobbying to get a new product introduced here. And it's worth every penny, a very good rum cocktail. She's a very intelligent businesswoman, sells high-end real estate in addition to the XI business.

Don't confuse the Survivor personality with the real day-to-day person she is. All of the people who play Survivor put on a different gameface from the one they wear to work. Do you think Savage or Kass carry on in a courtroom like they do on this show?

Abi is the VP of Sales & Public Relations.

I have no doubt Abi is smart but that title to me says "brand spokesmodel", especially since there is a separate "VP of Marketing".

ab4ac4ce1f5d3380683c602630ae4edb.jpg

I call BS on the whole idea that Abi is such a nice person IRL and was just playing a character on the show. I think we've all experienced this type of delusional, paranoid narcissism from a coworker or family member.

Abi reminds me of a coworker I have who can be nice and chummy and funny -- really a lot of fun to be around, the kind of person you can see socializing with outside of work.  You fool yourself that this person is your friend -- or at least a friendly colleague.  But the minute she is stressed or her back is against the wall, she becomes mean, spiteful, and vindictive and treats everyone else like they are beneath her at best, and her mortal enemies at worst.  You just have to be friendly and respestful with her and tip-toe around her all the time.

People like that exhaust me.

• Love 3