Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Power Hour

greekmom

Alec takes a definitive step toward shaping a positive future by joining Carlos and the VPD. Kiera and Garza form an alliance in order to recon the new future soldiers compound and uncover their plan. Kiera's trust of Brad maybe putting everyone in danger.

I gotta say I loved this episode. Kiera and Garza working together was steller.  Julian moving in with Kagame's mother. Kiera going to Travis and getting advice. Brad's betrayal. Lucas' death. Kiera telling Kellog off. I love how both Alec and Julian see themselves as pawns and second guessing every move to avoid that future. Man this show deserves more. I am hoping the end is a better future (neither Kellog's or Alec's) with Kiera still getting her son.   And finding out who is Alec's baby momma!!!

• Love 6

The irony is that with each episode, you can see threads that would have easily filled half a season at least. I'm so sad that we aren't getting a full 5. 

Loved Kiera and Travis.  Loved Julian and Alec.  Loved Keira and Garza.  So bummed about Lucas.  And wondering where Carlos fits in the final equation, because of all of them, he seems like the real wild card. 

• Love 3

I gotta say I loved this episode. Kiera and Garza working together was steller. Julian moving in with Kagame's mother. Kiera going to Travis and getting advice. Brad's betrayal....

I didn't see Brad killing Lucas as a betrayal. Brad seemed deeply troubled by it. I think he only did it to protect his cover.

ETA: Or he could be troubled because he did betray her.

Edited by shapeshifter

Oh no...not my Lucas! I loved that character. RIP, Lucas Ingram - you went out a hero.

But why are they teasing me with Keira/Kellogg scenes? Y'all play too much, Continuum.

Keirza rides again! That was fun - except for the ending.

ETA:

Kiera going to Travis and getting advice. Brad's betrayal.

Really - one of my favorite scenes in this ep. That scene was so rich with the history of these characters. Loved it!

Loved Kiera and Travis.  Loved Julian and Alec.  Loved Keira and Garza.

To me, this is a testament to what a great job these writers have done of building complex relationships between the characters. You are right, tessaray - this show deserved so much more.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 5

OMG they killed Lucas! You bastards!

Gotta say Kiera and Garza working together was a smart move for the show.

I'm really struggling to remember what the whole storyline with Kagame was. But I remember what he looked like, and, no way that kid looks like a child version of him.

• Love 1

OMG they killed Lucas! You bastards!

Gotta say Kiera and Garza working together was a smart move for the show.

I'm really struggling to remember what the whole storyline with Kagame was. But I remember what he looked like, and, no way that kid looks like a child version of him.

That got me by surprise. RIP

I think in the end of S1 Lib8 wound up protecting Kagme's mom because they had the birth of bay Kagme the same day old Kagme dies . I think they killed him off under the time travel premise there can't be two of you in the same universe since it was early in the show/lure or poetry of sorts.

I'm still working on the Kiera-Garza relationsip. Garza had eased up on her psyco ways a little now she was back in full. I think in reality if Garza really blamed Kiera for Lucas's death they would've fought it right then and there or just shot in her the head. I'm glad they're finally showing how selfish Kiera is at this point.

I like Travis's immunization analogy and just by traveling back their presence altered the future and hopefully not steered it toward a predetermined fate. I don't know wether it's just a set but that building used for execution in future?

Carlos still using those detective skills even though a supervisor now checking up on Kiera. I think he realizes they are out gunned tech wise and that was purpose of the Kellog office visit scene(what's you gonna do). In a longer season they could've made that more clear.

• Love 1

I was surprised that they would kill off Lucas. At first I thought that Brad won't shoot him because he was with Kiera, but he did and now I am thinking that he is more concern about the "mission" than anything else. 

As with Kiera, I am disappointed that she still thinks that she can travel back to her time and also didn't tell Garza that they were working with dark matter. I think that they totally didn't need to have a fight between Garza and Kiera if Kiera just told her that if they blow the machine away then that would cause Vancouver to be a simmering hole in the ground (sure that wasn't really Kiera motivation to not blow the machine up, but it would have stop the two of them fighting each other). But instead they went with the lazy approach of Kiera not telling Garza at all of what they are doing and then have them fight each other, while on a recon mission.

And finally speaking about the future soldiers, does anyone think that the mission is to bring a whole army of future soldiers so Kellog can take over the world? 

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 2

So far as the timeline goes, Julian choosing to become Theseus in hopes of steering things in a better decision is deeply satisfying for me. It's not necessarily the case he'll succeed. After all, we know that Theseus' worst so-called atrocity was taking out a gigantic mind control facility. The only explanation I can come up with for Liber8 not telling all and sundry is that 1)they don't want to give anybody like Alec or Kellogg ideas about how mind control is not only a cool idea but feasible on an industrial scale and 2)warning bad guys about Theseus' successful attack. They could leave the series open-ended in a sense, and not tell us whether his plan for a more humane Theseus and Kagame succeed. 

Now, we need to see what Carlos and Alec decide to do. (We've known for some time Dillon was bought into the corporate hellhole Kiera came from.) 

Brad shot Lucas because he shot Marcellus, which is understandable but still a crap reason. What Kiera should pay attention to is that it was Lucas who shot Marcellus, not Brad. She would have been dead without Lucas, and Brad would have just watched. That's the betrayal I think, even if it's conflicted paralysis rather than deliberated.

It occurs to me that the series could end with the corporate future that sent her back intact, but upon her return, Kiera, possibly Old Alec as he tries to reform, possibly her husband etc. could take up Liber8's struggle, now that her eyes have been opend?

• Love 2

I was surprised that they would kill off Lucas. At first I thought that Brad won't shoot him because he was with Kiera, but he did and now I am thinking that he is more concern about the "mission" than anything else. 

As with Kiera, I am disappointed that she still thinks that she can travel back to her time and also didn't tell Garza that they were working with dark matter. I think that they totally didn't need to have a fight between Garza and Kiera if Kiera just told her that if they blow the machine away then that would cause Vancouver to be a simmering hole in the ground (sure that wasn't really Kiera motivation to not blow the machine up, but it would have stop the two of them fighting each other). But instead they went with the lazy approach of Kiera not telling Garza at all of what they are doing and then have them fight each other, while on a recon mission.

And finally speaking about the future soldiers, does anyone think that the mission is to bring a whole army of future soldiers so Kellog can take over the world? 

Blowing up that facility and killing all those people could've been the impetus towards the police state future so Garza wanting to blow everything up was flawed on two levels-mass murder and future implications. But the fighting on a mission was kind of silly if not cliche. I could see Garza offing Kiera for Lucas and her manipulating events so she can go "home". I think in full season there would've been a few epi's of conflict between the two.

And I wanna go home Kiera-puuhhhleeaasseeee

I feel bad for Carlos. He's right (even more than he suspects). Kiera is willing to trust almost anyone over him right now. He does wear the authority of his new job well though. So much better than the mopey drinking Carlos we saw earlier.

Nice job of the show to telegraph Garza's death and then killing off Lucas. I was caught totally off guard.

Is Chen the mastermind? He's the only one that knows all of the players right now. (Or is it Dredlock Guy?)

I'm enjoying the season, but am disappointed with the return of season one selfish Kiera. Everything up to the finale of last season was about her accepting that she can't go back to her time or that time doesn't even exist. Considering how well the writers have incorporated all of the other scattered plots, that change really sticks out.

Blowing up that facility and killing all those people could've been the impetus towards the police state future so Garza wanting to blow everything up was flawed on two levels-mass murder and future implications. But the fighting on a mission was kind of silly if not cliche. I could see Garza offing Kiera for Lucas and her manipulating events so she can go "home". I think in full season there would've been a few epi's of conflict between the two.

And I wanna go home Kiera-puuhhhleeaasseeee

YMMV, but I got the impression that Garza only wanted to blow up the building because of  the time traveling future soldiers that were sent back by Future Kellog. Which in her mind would make them the enemy, IMO since Garza thinks like a solider and  killing the enemy is a win in her mind and also not morally bad. Although, I was under the impression that she didn't know that the machine contained dark matter and that Kiera only found out because she was talking to Alec through her implants.  

But yeah, the whole "but I want to go back, for my son" is getting annoying. Especially since Kiera has realized how much of a shithole her future is compared to what it was 60-70 years in the past. Maybe she can have Chen and his Freelancers have her son travel back to 2015 by the end and this will be all resolved.

• Love 2

Is Chen the mastermind? He's the only one that knows all of the players right now. (Or is it Dredlock Guy?)

I'm enjoying the season, but am disappointed with the return of season one selfish Kiera. Everything up to the finale of last season was about her accepting that she can't go back to her time or that time doesn't even exist. Considering how well the writers have incorporated all of the other scattered plots, that change really sticks out.

Wasn't there a scene with them together some episodes back? They could be working together. Hope we find out who Dredlock Guy is by the end.

Good scene between Alex and Julian when Alex tells Julian how beautiful his work is. Seems that Julian's destiny is decided no matter how he tries to fight it but this time it could turn out better for him. Instead of fighting the evil corporate giants like Alex it will be Kellog instead.

• Love 1

Question for someone who watched/ rewatched seasons one and two more recently than me... when did all this time pass? I mean, I guess I should have asked this earlier after Keira imagined Sam being two years older, but after seeing massive toddler Kagame (who was a newborn at the end of season one)-- when did two years (or almost two years) pass? Season three picked up a week before the end of season two and didn't take that long to progress, and season four picked up from season three. So was there some kind of large gap between seasons one and two that I'm forgetting about, or a skip over months/ a year during season two?

Gah, Keira. There are so few episodes left and I don't want to spend them being exasperated with her. Stop lying to and manipulating the only people in the present timeline who care about you.

Since I think Kellogg has been the most consistently interesting/amusing person on the show throughout it's run, I'm still kind of pulling for him to take over the world. And sleep with Keira again!

• Love 2

But yeah, the whole "but I want to go back, for my son" is getting annoying. Especially since Kiera has realized how much of a shithole her future is compared to what it was 60-70 years in the past. Maybe she can have Chen and his Freelancers have her son travel back to 2015 by the end and this will be all resolved.

Anyone else getting flashbacks of "Waaalt!" from Lost? That never paid off, did it? Don't answer that! Purely rhetorical question!

Good scene between Alex and Julian when Alex tells Julian how beautiful his work is. Seems that Julian's destiny is decided no matter how he tries to fight it but this time it could turn out better for him. Instead of fighting the evil corporate giants like Alex it will be Kellog instead.

That was a lovely moment, and I like your prediction, Cobb.
  • Love 3

I didn't see Lucas's death coming at all. Damn. RIP.

Love seeing whatsherfacefromhelix on here.

Love Garza and Keira being badass together.

Have no idea what's really going on, but enjoying it anyway.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 2

Me too. It feels like it undoes all her character development from season one-- especially now that she works with the Liber8 members (and even has a rapport with Garza-- a Kiera/Garza pair-up is always fun) and tears up over Lucas's death, a man she was mercilessly hunting not long ago. I thought she understood that by working to change her corporate dystopian future, she was giving up her son and any hope of going home. And now, she's also gone back to conspiring with Alec and lying to Carlos. Uh, hello? The guy is more dependable than Alec, who has betrayed her once before. Has she learned nothing? At least Carlos has. I thought maybe he had planted a listening device in Alec's new office... but listening in on the jail convo between Keira and Travis works too.

I'm glad Kiera finally asked the question I've been wondering all along. How can Kellog, knowing himself so well, trust the future version of himself? Why isn't present Kellog trying harder to figure out future Kellog's master plan? Also, isn't it funny that the new future soldier bodyguard lady of his looks like she's cosplaying as Kiera? Someone is still crushing on a certain Protector.

• Love 1