Type keyword(s) to search

Lea Michele/Rachel Berry

Higgs

I get that some don't like her style of appreciation, which is gushing I freely admit.  

However, I just want to point out that it  is not ONLY for Ryan Murphy, it's for ever project/venture she does.  

Exaclty.

So some folks now getting mad/upset frustrated or whatever at things she has done forever.

She and Paris Barclay just had a gush fest,  and you know what no one  was worse for wear about it.

Edited by tom87

The book is of no interst to me (right now)  so I won't buy it, that simple. No reason to knock it either imo.

Why not? To me it's the laziest way possible she gets her name as an author. Trust me, if my favorite was publishing this kind of crap under his name, I'd be very disappointed.

• Love 1
So some some folks now getting mad/upset frustrated

You don't have to be mad or upset or frustrated to think that a book called How to Journal Your Way to Your Best Life is totally inane and worthy of ridicule.  It's a stupid idea for a book and so transparently craven that a little side-eying has nothing to do with preferring other characters or actors or anything like that. 

Why not? To me it's the laziest way possible she gets her name as an author. Trust me, if my favorite was publishing this kind of crap under his name, I'd be very disappointed.

Because it doesn't matter to me in the long run so no I am not disppointed. I am indifferent.   For what I have read she has fans who like her advice so be it. It is thier money.

This isn't even about  the book imo so whatever...

Edited by tom87

Sorry, but my comment was entirely about the books that Lea has published under her name (and I have severe doubts about how much writing she actually does). They're the worst kind of fluff - put out primarily to promote the "authors" rather than actually saying anything of consequence. I'm not looking for Lea to put in the writing hours that someone like Chris did for his books, but this kind of superficial nonsense just makes Lea look (to me) shallow and interested only in self-promotion.  

And yes... if Chris ever put out a book about physical fitness and improving one's life based on his "expertise", I'd be side-eying him too.

The book is of no interst to me (right now)  so I won't buy it, that simple

The title alone would stop me.  LOL.

I do wish Lea would write a book on Broadway about her adventures as a young girl in the great White Way , she was young Cosette in "Les Miz" and was in "Ragtime", "Fiddler on the Roof" and "Spring Awakenings", literally growing up on stage.  Now that I would buy.

• Love 3

I do wish Lea would write a book on Broadway about her adventures as a young girl in the great White Way , she was young Cosette in "Les Miz" and was in "Ragtime", "Fiddler on the Roof" and "Spring Awakenings", literally growing up on stage.  Now that I would buy.

Exactly! That would be the kind of book I'd be interested it. Lea's experiences growing up on Broadway would be a fascinating read, and one a lot more inspirational than what she eats for lunch and the kind of yoga she likes to practice. It's the kind of stuff that would get you past the superficial nonsense.

• Love 1

If I'm not mistaken, Lea worked several years on "Spring Awakening" from it's initial birth in workshops   to its Broadway debut, even turning down the juicy role of Eponine in a Les Miz revival to continue with SA.

Jonathan Groff, Skylar Astin, etc, the stories she could tell about the literally the birth and eventual success of a Broadway musical from start to finish as a teenager herself...

Edited by caracas1914
(edited)

Lea appears to me to embody the paradox of a fundamentally shy/secretive person who loves to perform. I have seen a video where she was overwhelmed by an adoring crowd, and in all her live YouTube performances, including the Glee tour, she backs away from the applause as quickly as possible, almost as though she were embarrased by it. She hides her true self behind public performance art, whether on twitter, red carpets, magazine interviews, or talk shows. I take nothing she says or does in these venues at face value. The only glimpses I've had of her that I trust have been in rare, intimate events with fellow pros such as the Emmy roundtable, Seth Rudetsky's Sirius interview (on YT) re some Glee and with live singing, and here: http://www.broadwayworld.com/videoplay.php?colid=19232#.VNkLu4Y76rV.

If she wanted a huge book payout, nothing, by no other player, would come close to her talking her Glee story and everything Cory into a recorder for write-up. Ain't gonna happen. She'll give us her characters and a fake persona, but never her self.

Edited by Higgs
If she wanted a huge book payout, nothing, by no other player, would come close to her talking her Glee story and everything Cory into a recorder for write-up. Ain't gonna happen.

Never say never.

She's still in her 20's.   A memoir down the line is a distinct possibility, way too much stretching to say it's never gonna happen. 

Or you know...it's stuff her fans actually like.  I mean self-help books aren't my thing, but I'm guessing she gets a lot of these questions from fans, or she has interest in the area, and perhaps her team's gauged that there's interest there, particularly based off the response from her first book.  I can't even tell from the title exactly what the book is about either.  Maybe it's part memoir part self-help book again.  I don't even know.  Also, branding is something a lot of celebrities branch into and a lifestyle brand is a big thing right now.  Health & well-being is an enormous market.

People are hyper critical over insane stuff and extrapolating such BS.  Like she's not getting offers, that's why she signed on to do Scream Queens.  That only Ryan Murphy will hire her...Girl is getting 1 week off between filming shows.  She got cast in another major network television show before her current one was finished.  This a really good deal for a working actor, especially since it's a pretty big name cast.  I don't know what people are expecting.  I think people have some whacked out expectations and understandings of Hollywood.

• Love 2

I'm not a Lea fan, but I think that when there's a major producer or showrunner who wants to work with you, you savor that for as long as possible. I mean, are we also going to judge Matt for being involved in multiple Harvey Weinstein projects? I understand and share the concern for Lea possibly being typecast, but even though he's an egomaniac, Ryan Murphy is well-known in the television industry. Being connected to him could actually be good for Lea.

• Love 1

Was her first book like this? I know it was partly like that but I was under the impression that it had a bit of that but was more or less, stories about how she became a star, things like that?

I read it, and it was kind of a hodgepodge. Part self help (here's what I eat, how I do my hair, my make-up, my favorite clothes, etc.) and part memoir/how I became a star. It wasn't any better or worse then any other celebrity self help book. I did like the storied she told about being a kid on Broadway. I especially like how she talked about how Audra McDonald kind of took her under her wing when they were in Ragtime together. She said she learned a lot from her.

I also read Jenna's book "Choosing Glee", and it was kind of along the same them, accept she told much more about her personal life. I actually enjoyed it a bit more, mainly because I found Jenna's background a little more interesting. 

I understand and share the concern for Lea possibly being typecast, but even though he's an egomaniac, Ryan Murphy is well-known in the television industry. Being connected to him could actually be good for Lea.

Do you mean that Lea is possibly typecast by getting on Scream Queens?   

Possibly. It depends what her character is like.

From the description, it didn't seem to me it will be a singing show. It's a horror comedy, this isn't a genre I personally associate with Lea so I don't get how it is typecasting her. 

Edited by fakeempress

so we dont know literally anything about Lea's character yet already shes in danger of tyepcasting?

ETA: If her publishing company has a release date for her second book im guessing her first book was successful enough sales wise .

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 2

I know for a FACT that Lea IS being typecast. "Scream Queens" is about girls competing for roles in horror movies based on their ability to evoke existential terror. Lea's character realizes she is the reincarnation of a young, sexually repressed, late-19th century German school girl, and kills her audition by recalling the scream she produced upon the the occasion of her first penetration by a classmate. In the show-within-the-show, the resulting impregnation by a vampire leads, after much anguished guilt, to a self-induced abortion, sepsis, and a season finale death scene in the arms of her fanged lover, as she sings "A Little Fall of Rain", followed by a commercial break in which Ryan Murphy appears in person to plead for a woman's right to choose.

On AHS, they've had random singing. There's a good chance they'll randomly fit in at least a song for Lea. 

I could see Lea getting typecast as the diva, since it's something thematically Ryan seems to really like (that was a plot several times on AHS). 

I'm not a hardcore Lea fan, but I am disappointed that she's not moving to work on something that's got a better chance of being significantly good. 

Given that this looks to be a supporting role for Lea versus lead (Emma Roberts and Abigail Breslin are reported to be the leads) that alone is a big indicator she is not being typecast.  Glee was very much focused on Rachel's story and Scream Queens won't be near that focused on Lea's character's story.

It's weird to me to speculate with any degree of certainty about something we have basically no information on.

I'll be cautiously optimistic about the new show.  Ryan Murphy's actually come up with some pretty compelling stuff over the years.  They almost all crash and burn eventually, but I really liked Popular, Nip/Tuck, and of course Glee in their early seasons.  So anthologies seem to be a good place for RIB.

Edited by dizzyizzy01
  • Love 1

Maybe Lea will be a different character every new season of Scream Queens, if we are speculating.

I think that is what  they would do  it if  there is more than one season or she did more thant one season.

Were you disappointed when your favorite wrote a sophomoric screenplay under his name that was panned by critics? I'd guess not, because fans tend to support their favorites no matter what and I'm sure Chris's fans were proud of him for his accomplishment even if the end product wasn't very good. And I did see the movie, the critics were right, but getting a movie made is still pretty impressive. And Lea getting a book deal is also pretty impressive, no matter how you personally feel about it. So is lining up a role on a second TV series the minute you wrap your first TV series. Point is--stans will stan and be proud for whatever their favorite achieves, and Lea's fans are no exception. So I can almost assure you that none of her fans are disappointed with her for publishing two books (the first a NY Times bestseller) and branding herself well, even those of us who aren't particularly interested in the content of her books. The books are marketed towards a specific group of people and enough of those people were interested in the first one to warrant a second one, so that's pretty awesome for her. But I'm sure Lea would be real broken up to hear about your potential disappointment. 

Sorry, but my comment was entirely about the books that Lea has published under her name (and I have severe doubts about how much writing she actually does). They're the worst kind of fluff - put out primarily to promote the "authors" rather than actually saying anything of consequence. I'm not looking for Lea to put in the writing hours that someone like Chris did for his books, but this kind of superficial nonsense just makes Lea look (to me) shallow and interested only in self-promotion.  

And yes... if Chris ever put out a book about physical fitness and improving one's life based on his "expertise", I'd be side-eying him too.

Ah yes, Chris Colfer... the greatest author of our time. I haven't read his children's books and when I offered to buy one for my niece at Barnes and Nobles she turned it down, so I have no idea if they're actually any good, but I do know his fans enjoy them. So good for him  for inking a multi-book deal and for all the success he's had with the series. And just like Chris's fans enjoy his books, many of Lea's fans enjoy hers. None of Lea's fans are delusional enough to think she's some great writer who's going to be turning out the great American novel, but there's still an audience for what she has published. The books are not meant to win over the people who irrationally hate her, they're just light reading for people who are interested in either Lea herself or health/wellness books. I don't see anything wrong with that or any reason to be disappointed as a fan. 

When Lea's first book was announced people assumed it would be at least part memoir and tons of people jumped on her for daring to write a memoir at her age. The book then turned out to be mostly self-help with the occasional personal anecdote sprinkled in, and so the same people then criticized her for not writing more of a memoir. If she wrote at length about herself in a personal way, even her early days on Broadway, she'd likely be criticized for thinking her life was worth talking about. 

I'm not a Lea fan, but I think that when there's a major producer or showrunner who wants to work with you, you savor that for as long as possible. I mean, are we also going to judge Matt for being involved in multiple Harvey Weinstein projects? I understand and share the concern for Lea possibly being typecast, but even though he's an egomaniac, Ryan Murphy is well-known in the television industry. Being connected to him could actually be good for Lea.

Maintaining a strong working relationship with Ryan Murphy is an extremely smart move for Lea. He's a very successful show runner (I don't mean he's actually good at running a show, but he gets a lot of shows made and those shows get attention), movie stars are agreeing to do his projects, and several actors who have appeared in his more recent work have gotten Emmy nominations/awards. Don't get me wrong, I personally can't stand the guy, but I don't blame any actor for being willing to work for him. It's worked out pretty well for Jessica Lange, Matt Bomer, Sarah Paulson, and a bunch of others. 

I'm not a hardcore Lea fan, but I am disappointed that she's not moving to work on something that's got a better chance of being significantly good. 

Who's to say Scream Queens won't be good? We know very little about it so far. Ryan may have run Glee into the ground but it started out great and earned several of its then mostly unknown actors award consideration early on and made stars out of much of the cast. American Horror Story and The Normal Heart were very well received and again, a handful of actors who have appeared in these projects have received nominations and awards for their work. It could very well be terrible but maybe we should wait to we at least see a few seconds of it before we say it doesn't have a chance of being good. 

There are oodles of things on this planet we don't get.  I don't get why people are all butt hurt when someone reacts with less than gushing admiration for their fave.  This is a board for posting about TV shows and the people in them.  Some of those comments are favorable and some aren't.  

Personally, I don't get why some people devote so much time to obsessively discussing someone they don't like. It seems like more than half the posts in this particular thread are from the same handful of posters who hate Rachel/Lea. And these posts are not just stray observations or cursory comments from a viewer who happened to see something they disagreed with in an episode or who are actually interested in discussing the character's motives in an objective way, they're epic thesis length essays ranting over every little thing the character does or doesn't do and jumping at any opportunity to tear down the actress. I know posters have the right to discuss whatever they want so I'm not saying they shouldn't do so, but man, doesn't it get exhausting obsessively analyzing every little thing a person does till you (not you in particular) can find something to complain about for several paragraphs? 

Lea had  gushed about every project she has done. Not sure why peole act surprised or get ruffled over that all these years later.     Funny when she gushes over thier fav they retweet that shit and make tumbrl post about it.

The ironic thing is, if she was anything less than overly complimentary in her talk of Glee, Ryan and co., people would be accusing her of being ungrateful and calling her a bitch. Some of the very same people who mock her for maintaining a good relationship with her boss, who just so happens to be one of the most prolific show runners on TV right now, would likely criticize her just the same if she didn’t do it. It's the same people who call her a diva and claim she’s difficult to work with who then tear her apart for maintaining strong long-lasting work relationships, which she has done consistently. Girl can't win no matter what she does for some. 

Personally, I’d rather Lea be overly enthusiastic than appear ungrateful or unappreciative for the opportunities she has as a result of her time on Glee. I may roll my eyes occasionally at her over the top gushing for Ryan and the show, but I’d rather she do that than make snide comments or neglect to tweet or talk about the show that made her famous. Hell, even Naya who is rumored to have had some degree of conflict with the show’s producers, is savvy and gracious enough to keep her Glee fans engaged on twitter and maintain appearances when discussing the show in public. Call it sucking up or gushing or even selling out, but it's a necessary evil and most smart actors, except for the Katherine Heigls of the world, understand that. 

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 3

Call it sucking up or gushing or even selling out, but it's a necessary evil

So if you know the actor may well have little sincerity behind their tweets and comments, and you know it's just something they have to do regardless of how they really feel, then why does doing it have any value?

So if you know the actor may well have little sincerity behind their tweets and comments, and you know it's just something they have to do regardless of how they really feel, then why does doing it have any value?

Because their fans appreciate it. Lea's fans love the bts pictures she shares, Naya's fans enjoy her tweets about Brittana, Chord's fan like when he responds to their questions about the show. Whether they think Glee currently sucks or not, it shows an appreciation for their fans and a respect for their bosses. 

Because their fans appreciate it. Lea's fans love the bts pictures she shares, Naya's fans enjoy her tweets about Brittana, Chord's fan like when he responds to their questions about the show. Whether they think Glee currently sucks or not, it shows an appreciation for their fans and a respect for their bosses. 

Why would fans appreciate words they know are meaningless and are tweeted to them because it is a necessary evil rather than something the actors want to do?

Why would fans appreciate words they know are meaningless and are tweeted to them because it is a necessary evil rather than something the actors want to do?

Because the appreciation and respect are sincere. And I didn't mean that fan engagement is a necessary evil, I think those who tweet and such genuinely enjoy doing so, but towing the company line is a necessary evil. If the producers of the show are claiming the show is revolutionary or groundbreaking or that the characters are doing great exciting things, then the actors who are good team players are going to go along with that even if they don't necessarily agree.

I don't blame Lea for playing the PR self-promotion game (branding as some describe it). What I do hold against her is doing it so obviously. There is a very insincere feel in a lot of what Lea does primarily because it so obvious that she's doing it for PR purposes, whether it's tweeting about recording her latest "favorite" song or acting opposite her latest "favorite" person. Everything feels calculated. Other actors also do the PR tweets, but a lot of them do feel like they are being a bit more genuine than Lea by being more measured with how they phrase things, or not tweeting every single thing and focusing on the things that they are genuinely excited and happy over.

Lea might be "branding" herself, but she's doing it in a very superficial and shallow manner. I felt this way when she put out her album - it frustrated me that with her talent she should be trying to compete with singers like Adele, not Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry. It just feels like she's grabbing for the low-hanging fruit and not pushing herself in any of her endeavors. So long as she can ride the fame game, that seems good enough for Lea.

Edited by Hana Chan

I don't think there's anything wrong with Lea being a Team Player and moving on to another Ryan Murphy show. Selfishly, I wish she'd do something else, because I want to see her face and I swore to myself I'd never watch another Ryan Murphy show. So, she'll be moving onto a show I don't plan on watching. But, I'm certainly not going to begrudge her seeking more employment opportunities with the man who made her a star, and also a man who continuously produces awards bait material. And, if Lea wasn't such a Team Player, I don't think Ryan would want to continue to work with her. Why would any producer want to hire an actor who doesn't shill their product?

• Love 2

If the producers of the show are claiming the show is revolutionary or groundbreaking or that the characters are doing great exciting things, then the actors who are good team players are going to go along with that even if they don't necessarily agree.

But to the detriment of their integrity.  If you blissfully tell me something that is clearly garbage is the best thing since sliced bread then you are sacrificing your credibility and believability.  But if we're all supposed to understand that you have no choice but to tell me the garbage is fantastic, then your words are meaningless--why even bother to regurgitate them?  The key, I guess, is to strike the right balance between mindless shilling and... whatever is not mindless shilling.

To me there is little difference between today's tweeting and yesteryear's staged pictures of quintessential mom Joan Crawford and her beautiful, well-loved children.  It's all make believe designed to get buy in from the public so they'll spend their dollars on you or your advertisers.  There's nothing wrong with doing it, but I certainly don't believe it's proof of an actor's appreciation or respect for their fans.

Some people choose to try keep things positve. Some choose not to say anything at all and somce choose to hate on things.

Lea exxgerates It is what she does. I can't get pressed about her saying she is obesses or calls another song her favorite.    Seeing how so many glee fans use so much hyperbole and are so dramtic you would think Lea would be right up their ally.

And just becasue someone does not ike how a project  came out it doesn't mean she didn't or that others didn't like it .    Sounds a bit arrogant.

If Lea was trying for low hanging fruit she would have done the album in the first season like they wanted her too.

But to the detriment of their integrity.  If you blissfully tell me something that is clearly garbage is the best thing since sliced bread then you are sacrificing your credibility and believability.

Haha actors go on talk shows everyday promoting stuff they know is not good and it hasn't hurt thier intrigrty. 

Bad movies have to be promoted too.  Tom Hanks has had some clunkers do people not turst him now when he promotes another movie?

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1
Sadie T. If she wrote at length about herself in a personal way, even her early days on Broadway, she'd likely be criticized for thinking her life was worth talking about.

Fuck.  Timeout maybe?

I don't give a shit how people who don't like Lea would react to a memoir of her Broadway days since childhood.  I was simply stating that I would enjoy it and buy a book penned from her about it.  Would kill to read stories how Audra McDonald ("Ragtime" ) took a young Lea under her wing and mentored her.   Ricky Martin was also on Les Miz the time she was young Cossette.   To me it seems Lea has had a lifetime on stage.  

Ah yes, Chris Colfer... the greatest author of our time.

BTW,. your rant on Chris proves your own  point, people are gonna hate what they are gonna hate.   Never understood when criticism of their fave prompts posters to disparage another actor's work.  SMH.

I believe this forum also has a FILTER option if one doesn't  like how someone posts.

Edited by caracas1914

I take with  a grain of salt what any celebrity says, especially when shilling a product (TV/Movies/Stage) not because I don't think they are sincere or truthful (how the fuck do I know) but because they are selling something.   Now I think it helps all salespeople to believe (at that moment)in  their product , so I have no problem with that.  (in college I peddled CUTCO knives, and yes I BELIEVED in the cutlery!)

The best Glee quote about such things was when Kevin was asked about Glee, IIRC he basically said, " they pay me so Glee is the best show on TV".   LOL.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 3

If Lea was trying for low hanging fruit she would have done the album in the first season like they wanted her too.

I think even Lea Michele's most beloved nonny and pop-pop would recognize a book called How to Journal Your Way to Your Best Life is some damn low hanging fruit.

I think even Lea Michele's most beloved nonny and pop-pop would recognize a book called How to Journal Your Way to Your Best Life is some damn low hanging fruit.

LOL.   In all honesty, self help books a lot of time have cheezy titles.   I mean, IMO  I think that might indicate  it might actually HELP  to sell the books.   People who aren't going to buy them anyways it doesn't matter, but those who buy them, a catchy title can't hurt. 

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 2
There is a very insincere feel in a lot of what Lea does primarily because it so obvious that she's doing it for PR purposes, whether it's tweeting about recording her latest "favorite" song or acting opposite her latest "favorite" person. Everything feels calculated.

I have friends who have a thousand favorite songs.   And who are rah/rah about everything and every job they've held, etc. .  I love them despite the fact that I am 180 diametrically  different from them in most of those aspects of my life.  However, I can vouch as far as I know they are sincere in that they are not fake or calculating in how they act. ( I wouldn't be friends with them otherwise) ;  So While I don't know Lea personally, I don't find it hard to believe (from personal experience) that she could be upfront and sincere about what she post/says.

The other things is that Lea  seems to be a close personal friend of Ryan's at this point,  (has dinners at his Malibu  house, etc) and I have no doubt they talk behind the scenes.  Even in Season 4 when Lea was sidelined ON the show, I think she wasn't worried because Ryan assured her she would always have a place on Glee, that he had other plans for her ( "Funny Girl": was purchased during this time IIRC)  and was probably talking to her about other future projects.

So I I think she has  legitimate reasons to be so gung ho and gushing about Ryan all the time.   Hell I'd to the same thing if someone treated me half as well as he's treated Lea.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 3

So people do not get confused by her tweets it should be more like this...

Lea Michele ‏@msleamichele

I recorded my 76th favorite song today.   I am mildy excited, I hope you enjoy it.  :) !!!!! 

Edited by tom87

Fuck. Timeout maybe?

I don't give a shit how people who don't like Lea would react to a memoir of her Broadway days since childhood. I was simply stating that I would enjoy it and buy a book penned from her about it. Would kill to read stories how Audra McDonald ("Ragtime" ) took a young Lea under her wing and mentored her. Ricky Martin was also on Les Miz the time she was young Cossette. To me it seems Lea has had a lifetime on stage.

BTW,. your rant on Chris proves your own point, people are gonna hate what they are gonna hate. Never understood when criticism of their fave prompts posters to disparage another actor's work. SMH.

I believe this forum also has a FILTER option if one doesn't like how someone posts.

That wasn't a rant against Chris in the slightest and I obviously don't hate him since I chose to watch his movie out of my own interest in his work. The movie was pretty bad, I'm not the only one who thought so, and simply pointing that out is not hate. I was making a comparison that Lea's fans aren't going to be disappointed even if her book does suck because it's still an impressive feat, just like Chris fans weren't disappointed with his movie.

I've thought certain projects Lea has done were less than stellar too, I certainly don't hate her. I thought Naya's horror movie looked ridiculous, don't hate her either. I actually laughed at some of the tracks on Mark's album, but, once again, don't hate him. Not fawning over every little thing Chris does in life does not equal hate.

Where was I ranting against him? Where I said he has successfully published a series of books his fans enjoy? How hateful of me!

The sentence you quoted was a joke...just like all the jokes about Lea journaling. And it was more a joke about certain people's perception of Chris's writing prowess than his actual ability. I have never read any of his books so I can't judge them. I offered to buy it for my niece because while I had no interest in a kids book, I had heard positive things from his fans and thought she might like it. She chose one of those diary of a wimpy kid books instead. I wouldn't be willing to spend my own money on someone I hate, now would I?

And I never said you personally would critize her for writing a memoir type book, I said people who have critized her every move in the past would.

• Love 3

Look Lea isn't doing anything that any other celebrity doesn't do. They are all trying to sell something. Their latest project, a book, their new music, a clothing line, THEMSELVES. I can't say I'm a huge Lea fan, but I enjoy her. Mainly because i get what she's doing. I agree that she can be a bit clunky at it, at times, which seems to be the problem. It isn't that she is doing it, it's that we can tell she is doing it. Some people are a bit more natural in their approach. Maybe she'll get there someday. 

The best Glee quote about such things was when Kevin was asked about Glee, IIRC he basically said, " they pay me so Glee is the best show on TV".   LOL.

Exactly. 

And it seems like people who might be ragging on her book, maybe didn't read it. I actually did. (I also read Jenna's. I'll probably read anything most of the Glee kids put out just because I really like this cast.) Anyway, no Lea's book wasn't groundbreaking. It was light, easy reading. She definitely put a lot of personal/memoir like stuff in there (like the Audra McDonald stuff from Ragtime). And yes there was a lot of "lifestyle" stuff as well. This is what I eat, this is how I exercise, this is how I get this hairstyle and that hairstyle, this is how I do my makeup, this is how I decorate my house, etc., etc., etc. And none of that stuff really applied to me, because I do not have her income, nor her body type, hair type or skin tone. But I enjoyed it none the less. I liked Jenna's book as well, even though I don't think it did as well. She just has a really interesting background and came across as a really hard worker and great person.

Anyway, I guess I'm not seeing how what ea is doing is so out of the ordinary. But then again, I neither love nor hate her.

• Love 2

Not fawning over every little thing Chris does in life does not equal hate.

It's just curious that the minute one doesn't fawn over Lea, someone is quick to not fawn over Chris.  I suppose if every instance of not fawning over Lea is canceled out by not fawning over Chris, the end result will be only ever fawning over Lea.

People on this board really like to compare Lea and Chris for some reason.  A conversation about LEA's book randomly brought up a comparison to Chris' writing as if it's a much more significant feat (e.g., the hours he spent vs. Lea's "long-hanging" fruit).  Nobody was even talking about Chris before that comment.  It's very bizarre to me.  Neither is better than the other.  Each have their fans and are catering to their fans.

This BS about someone lacking integrity for doing their job is very strange.  How they heck does someone know when Lea is being insincere just cause you don't like something (be it her album, book, song, Glee, etc.).  There ARE things to be proud and grateful for being part of Glee.  It was a groundbreaking show.  It was a phenomenon.  It really has accomplished a lot of things.  I hate where the show went in the latter seasons, but there is still something special there.

• Love 4