Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 All Episodes Talk

thewhiteowl

They still have a month free trial.  Can't wait for tomorrow night when Longmire returns!

Because I have been "bing" watching, mr. iluv has been watching it too.  He asked me why we never watched it before, I told him I did but he was always asleep.  He is hooked on Longmire.  Said it is the best show.

• Love 1

The way Netflix release Longmire, you can watch all season 4 before your trial subscription is up.  I am not sure I am a fan of all being released at the same time.  If I binge watch the season, then what will I have to look forward to next week?  Decisions, decisions.  :-)

• Love 2

Good episode, lovely to see the characters again. I didn't realize how much I was going to miss Bailey Chase. It looks like you can continue on to ep 2? I don't usually watch tv shows in this manner so I'm a little confused.

• Love 2

I thought Branch was going to make it, thought i saw him in the trailer. I did not think I would miss him but I do. I've watched the first two now I am afraid to watch them all at once I want to savor them in case they are the last.

• Love 4

Good episode, lovely to see the characters again. I didn't realize how much I was going to miss Bailey Chase. It looks like you can continue on to ep 2? I don't usually watch tv shows in this manner so I'm a little confused.

Yes, you can watch all 10 episodes now.  That's the beauty of Netflix - no commercials, no waiting a week for a cliffhanger resolution!

Like Walt, I am in denial about Branch's death.  I am hanging on to the thought that his face was damaged, but I'm sure if Walt was so obsessive about the number of shots in the pellet guns, he would be obsessive about identifying Branch's body.  With the exception of Walt's relationship with Henry, the growing respect and trust that Walt and Branch were showing toward one another is the reason why I valued that relationship almost as much as Walt/Henry.  No wonder Walt feels as if he failed him.  I know it's next to impossible, but I'm still hoping that we see Branch again.  I miss him already.

Lillybee, I agree with you that Henry will take on the responsibilities of Hector's jar. 

Edited by HyacinthBucket
  • Love 2

I, too, kept thinking at first that the body was going to turn out not to be Branch; but as the show went on I realized that couldn't happen. Poor Ferg.

The only thing I didn't like about this ep was the throng of Indians gathering around Walt's house. I really don't want this show to become "us vs them" because that's not how it started out. In the past, other than the Indian police chief (can't remember his name), Walt's dealings with the Indians were pretty respectful both ways.

Edited to add: I thought I posted this in the Season 4 episode 1 thread - at least this morning that's what it was!What happened?

Edited by MaryPatShelby
  • Love 1

How great is it having Walt and company back?  It's hard to believe I never heard of "Longmire" while it was on A&E.  I gobbled up all the episodes on Netflix like candy and was so disappointed to have no more.  Now it's back.

After having watched two episodes last night, I'm sadly convinced it was Branch whose body Walt found.  I held out hope it was someone else but in the autopsy when his body was shown with the scars from Walt's repair, I knew he was dead dead.  I will so miss Bailey Chase.  I loved his secret affair with Cady, his attempts to please his father to become sheriff and his sad awareness that his father is a very bad man.  It makes me doubly sad to see Gerald McRaney play such a cold-hearted killer.  He killed his own son and never flinched.  Oh my. Barlow you are a dog.

I love Henry so much. LDP is such a good actor.  The bond between Walt and Henry is so strong that it warms my heart.  Poor Henry just cannot be left alone.  Malachi is such a nasty customer.  Graham Greene does a great job playing against type to make Malachi so hateful.

While I understand the enmity between Native Americans and the white man, it seems to me that Walt has proven to be fair to all of the citizens in his county.  I do hope the us vs them is not an overriding theme this season.

Is anyone else sort of feeling queasy about Vic having a crush on Walt?  Boundaries in a law enforcement job are important.  I'm not feeling good about this turn of events.

Lastly I love A Martinez.  He makes Jacob Nighthorse come alive. He makes things interesting around Absaroka County.

• Love 5

I really thought since last season that Branch did shoot his dad.  Barlow is one cold Son of a Bitch.

I am going to miss Branch.  I really liked him and he always respected Longmire.  (Don't believe it, go back to Season 1 and the conversation he had with his dad to confirm it).

I did not like Nighthorse and Malichi and group surrounding Walt's house.  To me, that took it too far out.  I have been struggling with the fact that Malichi charges were Federal and he was sitting in the local prison.  He should have been in a federal prison.  I can see why Mathias would not have been involved it that threatening gathering at Walt's house.  In the past, Mathias has proven that he does believe in justice and a grudging respect towards Walt's ability to solve murders.

I am not too sure about Hector.  No one really saw him die.  He was not dead when he told Walt, Vic and Branch to leave as it was between him and the spirits.  I think Henry will try to take Hector's job on but I just don't see Henry being able to fulfill the job.  Henry has the respect of most but not the same type of respect and fear that Hector had.

I am going to try to pace myself in watching.  I really wanted to watch episode 2 last night, but I refrained.  

I am really going to miss Branch and I can't wait for Walt and Company to start putting all the clues together.  Like the text messages to Kady and the so-called suicide note.  Surprised it never dawned on Walt & Kady that the laptop was still hot when they went or that the verbiage was wrong.

So glad that Longmire is back!  

• Love 1

The only thing I didn't like about this ep was the throng of Indians gathering around Walt's house. I really don't want this show to become "us vs them" because that's not how it started out. In the past, other than the Indian police chief (can't remember his name), Walt's dealings with the Indians were pretty respectful both ways.

I didn't much like it either - but I try to keep in mind that those particular characters are criminals - and this is more of a gang showing it's teeth. Nighthorse posed it as an us vs them, and that may be part of his motivations, but bottom line - he is a crime boss.

But I'm glad that the gang (mostly) is back in action. My only problem is that Netflix shows are ten or more minutes longer than the allotted time I have to exercise (which is where I do most of my watching). And I was hoping Longmire would fill the gap between the end of summer shows and the beginning of my regular exercise programming. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to watch it while I relax. Such a sacrifice. LOL

Edited by clanstarling
  • Love 1

Is anyone else sort of feeling queasy about Vic having a crush on Walt?  Boundaries in a law enforcement job are important.  I'm not feeling good about this turn of events.

Totally, and the tonal shift from the end of the last episode (I watched it before watching the premiere) was jarring to me. They handled it okay, once Henry opened the door, though.

I will miss Bailey Chase too. I had hoped he'd gotten out of it, or that he'd beat his father to the draw, but the body had the same scars he had, healed up, which is hard to replicate. I looked at IMDB, and Chase has a boatload of movies on his post-Longmire credits.

I hope Mathias shows up again. Like Chase, he has a number of post-Longmire credits on his IMDB list.

Did we meet Bailey's mother before? The extravagant mourning hat made me take a double-take, and it's an effective disguise to whip out a surprise guest star.

• Love 2

Wow! I just powered through all 10 new episodes. Stunning! I don't want to comment on particulars right now because of spoilers but I can't wait until others can talk and we can talk it out. Is there going to be a thread setup for each season four episode? I would try to do it but I'm on a tablet and I'm not sure how to go about it.

Edited by Skycatcher

Wow! I just powered through all 10 new episodes. Stunning! I don't want to comment on particulars right now because of spoilers but I can't wait until others can talk and we can talk it out. Is there going to be a thread setup for each season four episode? I would try to do it but I'm on a tablet and I'm not sure how to go about it.

I just made episode threads for Season 4.  

I hope I did it correctly.  :-o

Yes, I deleted those. All the episodes are released so there are no spoilers.  You may use spoiler tags if you like but once a show is available for viewing it's not a spoiler. This show has not generated enough talk for individual threads. If that changes we can switch it.

I respectfully request you reconsider having episode topics. I understand having a few posts on ten topics may be annoying, but from my perspective, what is more annoying is to go to the topics and find discussions of plot points on episodes I haven't yet had a chance to view.

The previous post had a mild spoiler for me, and though that was something I could see coming, given the arc of the season, I'm sure there are major surprises I don't want to know about ahead of time. Episode topics provide a sort of safety net for viewers like me.

I would like to enjoy both the show and the forum, but I can't do both if I want to watch each episode with fresh eyes.

• Love 3