Type keyword(s) to search

Beyond the Cape: Cast in Other Roles

Trini
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Scene breakdown of Melissa's scene in Jay and Silent Bob Reboot:

LOL! No one makes fun of how much of a crap filmmaker Kevin Smith is than ... Kevin Smith.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

This would be considered a spin-off, right:

'Superman & Lois Series in Development at The CW'

TVLine has learned that Superman & Lois, from Warner Bros. TV, is currently in development and it will follow “the world’s most famous Super Hero and comic books’ most famous journalist” as they “deal with all the stress, pressures and complexities that come with being working parents in today’s society.”

Tyler Hoechlin, who originated the role of the Arrowverse’s Superman/Clark Kent on Supergirl, and Elizabeth Tulloch, who made her debut as Lois in last year’s “Elseworlds” crossover event, will reprise their roles for the prospective new series. ...

Former Flash showrunner Todd Helbing will pen Superman & Lois and serve as an executive producer alongside Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and Geoff Johns.

Yeah I have no desire to watch that despite liking Hoechlin's Superman. I wonder what it means for Supergirl's future? Is it ending this year or next year? I thought they would give for notice if it was ending this season but who knows. 

Supergirl is still one of CW's better performing shows, so I think it's safe for a couple more seasons. Both shows can run concurrently; I don't think a Superman show necessarily means Supergirl is cancelled.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if SG ends next year, having both Supergirl and Superman on air at the same time will be costly, the ratings are down, the original contracts will also end with s6 and renewing them would mean more money. Lot of signs

I wouldn't be surprised at all if SG ends next year, having both Supergirl and Superman on air at the same time will be costly, the ratings are down, the original contracts will also end with s6 and renewing them would mean more money. Lot of signs

Supergirl still performs pretty well especially with all the time slot changes but I do think it is winding down and the Superman spin-off may speed that up. I hope it doesn't end this year because I would like the writers to know its the final season going in and be able to properly plan it out. It was pointed out in the Legends forum that the CW typically announces final seasons a head of time for veteran series so I think a 6th season is more likely than not but I can't see it sticking around much longer. 

Edited by Oreo2234
2 hours ago, Iceman91 said:

Melissa B didn't sign for seven seasons?

Supergirls ratings are on par with the rest of the networks and no better than most shows.

• Love 1

This even predates Supergirl, but from Broadway Loves Celine Dion, here's what happens when you toss together Jeremy Jordan, Celine, and Jim Steinman... (Worth watching for his cheeky performance, not just listening)

• Love 1

Sam Witwer is the Game Master (I'm not sure what it's actually called) in DC Universe All-Star Games, a Critical Role-like show featuring Freddie Prinze Jr. and others playing the old DC Heroes RPG that's coming to DC Universe. Primetimer.com thread is here if anyone's interested.

(edited)

I haven't listened to it yet, so I'm not sure what was discussed (I'm sure Melissa came up, though!), but Chris Wood was a guest on Kevin Smith's Fatman Podcast:

Interview starts at 24:35.

Edited by Trini

'David Harewood To Front BBC Documentary On The History Of Blackface'

Homeland and Supergirl actor David Harewood is to front a BBC Two documentary on the history of blackface minstrelsy after recent controversy about the issue in several high-profile comedy shows.

Blackface With David Harewood will explore the origins of blackface in early 19th-century America and how the form of entertainment, which acted as a delivery system for racist tropes, made its way to Britain. According to the logline, he will seek to understand how it shaped ideas of blackness in popular culture and why it endured so long.

The hour-long film is made by historian David Olusoga’s Uplands Television. Harewood is writing and presenting, while the producer and directors are Eric Haynes and Nia Campbell. Executive producers are Olusoga, Mike Smith, and Harewood.

Harewood is becoming a familiar fixture on BBC documentaries, having also presented Why Is Covid Killing People of Colour? and David Harewood: Psychosis and Me in recent months.

• Love 2

Apparently Chyler Leigh is appearing in the next Greys Anatomy episode. I'm not sure how they managed that with the two week quarantine requirement in Canada. Maybe they filmed her part in Canada and green screened her in? Entertainment Weekly has an article on it that contains the promo for the episode.

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Useful 1

Melissa wrote a book!

https://www.abramsbooks.com/product/havens-secret_9781419752612/

Two sisters come to terms with their extraordinary powers in a new middle grade fantasy from Supergirl’s Melissa Benoist; her sister, the writer Jessica Benoist; and New York Times bestselling author, Mariko Tamaki

Ellie McFadden has intuitive gifts. She can sense what other living things are feeling. She can even talk to animals! Too bad she can’t connect with her twin sister, Parker. Parker McFadden has kinetic gifts. She can cause shocks to the earth and produce heat energy that explodes from her body like fire, especially when she is angry. The sisters aren’t aware of the legacy they inherited from their mother until, on their thirteenth birthday, two mysterious relatives on the Power side whisk them off to an isolated farm called Haven. Ellie immediately adapts to their new routine; but Parker has one impulse: to get back to her normal life of friends and sports, fast.

Unbeknownst to Ellie and Parker, the secrets the Power women have kept for generations offer clues to their own simmering magic. Unlocking Haven’s secrets is just the beginning of what Ellie and Parker can do if they choose to work together to harness their gifts. But the sinister force that destroyed their mother has other plans; and if the sisters’ fragile relationship succumbs to The Danger, the world beyond Haven will face terrible risk.

• Love 1

Art preview of Nicole Maines' Dreamer story in DC Pride #1 :

“Date Night” by Nicole Maines, Rachael Stott, Enrica Eren Angiolini and Steve Wands (Dreamer):

DCPRIDE_DREAMER_6094614603aa16.47578157.

Also:

DC Pride #1 will also include full-page profiles of DCTV’s LGBTQIA+ characters paired with Q&A’s from the actors who play them. Javicia Leslie (Batwoman aka Ryan Wilder), Matt Ryan (John Constantine), Nicole Maines (Dreamer aka Nia Nal), Matt Bomer (Negative Man aka Larry Trainor), and Nafessa Williams (Thunder aka Anissa Pierce) all reflect on the characters they portray and talk about the impact their roles have made on themselves personally, and on fans who might have never seen LGBTQIA+ characters in live-action superhero roles before.

• Love 1

David Harewood did an episode of Michael Rosenbaum's Inside of You podcast:

https://www.insideofyoupodcast.com/podcast-episodes/david-harewood

Supergirl’s David Harewood: Fear to Fail & Mental Breakdowns

The very brave and charismatic David Harewood (Supergirl, Homeland) joins us this week and opens up about his battle with mental illness and how it shaped his life. David shares how acting and friendship both literally saved his life from his own psychosis; a big reason he’s made it a point to bring more awareness to the field of mental health. Later we get into Supergirl, his role as the Martian Manhunter, and his true feelings about the show’s finale.

On 7/25/2021 at 10:41 PM, Trini said:

Wow, so I had no idea that Staz Nair (William Dey) had a previous Superman family connection! I'm binging Krypton, and he has a small but significant guest role in Season 2, episode 7, "Zods and Monsters" as a Kryptonian named Dax.

DC really does love recycling actors!

OMG... HE was the guy who

Spoiler

became Doomsday

????? (Krypton spoiler!) I didn't realize that!

2 hours ago, MarkHB said:

OMG... HE was the guy who

Reveal spoiler

became Doomsday

????? (Krypton spoiler!) I didn't realize that!

I know, right? Supergirl is the only thing I've seen him in, so it was interesting to see him pop up in another show involving the House of El.

• Love 1

'Melissa Benoist Renews Overall Deal With Warner Bros. TV As She Officially Boards ‘The Girls On The Bus’'

It’s confirmed that she will star as Sadie McCarthy, a journalist who romanticizes Tim Crouse’s Boys on the Bus book and who scrapped her whole life for her own shot at covering a presidential campaign for the paper of record.

Sadie hits the trail and eventually bonds with three female competitors. Despite their differences, the women become a found family with a front-row seat to the greatest soap opera in town: the battle for the White House.

'Nicole Maines to Bring ‘Supergirl’s Dreamer to ‘The Flash’ Final Season'

---

Also Azia Tesfai has a show in development: 'Azie Tesfai Crime Drama ‘The Chase’ In Works At NBC':

Written and executive produced by Tesfai, in The Chase, when undercover CIA agent Robert falls for his target, Katherine, everything changes. Their Bonnie & Clyde escape goes sideways when they’re captured by the American government and forced to use their opposing assets and skill set to find some of the most wanted criminals in the world, all while learning the other isn’t who they thought.

And I'm waaayyy late on this; also Mehcad Brooks is starring in NBC's Law & Order revival.

• Like 1
  • Love 1