Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Reunion (Part I)

• Start Topic

1) how has Carole behaved publicly that is offensive?  

Good question.  I haven't found any of Carole's public behavior to be offensive.

I can't say that about LuAnn though.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 7

It is Carole and then Satan Andy insisting Carole and Luann were friends and Luann saying they are not and were not friends.  Carole even went so far as to say she was so concerned for her friend Luann in London (all the while insulting her by saying someone kidnapped Luann and left the Countess) that it proves she was a good friend.  I am thinking Luann doesn't like being insulted in confessionals by Carole or Heather or anyone .

Ramona may have caused been the cause of the man being left unattended but Carole and Heather barged into Luann's room all on there own.  Granted I think it was more for drama-as C&H waited for the cameras to get there but I do think they probably would have gotten a bonus if Luann had had another life form in bed with her.

My son can date whoever he wants and please do not say my son is not a man because he still values his parents' opinions.  We would like to think we are a family and strive to interact in a positive  and loving manner.  If one of us brings in a negative, vitriolic person that person would be subject to any one of the  opinions in the household.

I copied the following from the website ChefAk.com - as in Adam Kenworthy:

His interest in endurance sports began shortly after receiving his bachelor’s degree from Colorado State University. To help raise money for the Big City Mountaineers organization, Adam set out with his bicycle and a small bike trailer on a journey that would take him nearly 4,000 miles - from the state of Washington to the coast of Maine.  Since then, he has traveled the world competing in some of the most prestigious and challenging races known to man.

This includes:

“Cascade Crest 100” 100-mile trail run through the Central Cascades of Washington State

“Silver Rush 50 Run” 50-mile trail run in Leadville, CO

Twice at the “24 Hours of Moab” mountain bike team relay

Three 26-mile marathons

IRONMAN triathlon in Australia. 

Adam also loves mountain sports, especially mountaineering and backcountry snowboarding.  He has experience mountaineering the Himalayas of India & Nepal and spent much of his college years exploring Colorado backcountry searching for tranquility in the form of fresh powder. 

Working as a private chef & healthy living coach in New York City, Adam divides his time between his clients and Nicaragua where he has founded a non-profit organic fruit farm (Finca Santa Marta.) He now spends his spare time trail running in Central park and finding serenity in the waves of Long Island.

Somehow I don't think Mom and Dad would have much to say about who he dates.....sounds pretty frigging mature for 29 to me....

• Love 10
If either of my sons had started dating a 50 year old woman when they were in their 20's (even at 29) I would have to have a serious talk with them.

I doubt if either of my sons or I could have had a "serious talk" on that topic.  They'd know it was unusual and would probably be protective and defensive.  All things run their course.  I might, however, do a bit of talking on the topic of dating someone who's on a "reality" TV show that will be featuring my son...no matter how minimally.

• Love 5

3) Scratching my head at the "twins" thing but ok -

Lemme take a crack at this because I think I understand and believe in what she said.  Sounds like ZM has a set of twins (a boy and a girl).  She's never cared how the fights started but how they ended.  I get this. It's more important how the battles end than how they begin.

Okay, I know some of you think it's stupid when I say it's sometimes better to take the high road.  So I won't.  But I will say, just because someone has been a dick to you doesn't mean you have to be a dick back.

I'm certain that we've taught our son to not let some dick's behavior dicktate (haha) how he's gonna act in return.  Because then, the dick wins.

• Love 3

I copied the following from the website ChefAk.com - as in Adam Kenworthy:

His interest in endurance sports began shortly after receiving his bachelor’s degree from Colorado State University. To help raise money for the Big City Mountaineers organization, Adam set out with his bicycle and a small bike trailer on a journey that would take him nearly 4,000 miles - from the state of Washington to the coast of Maine. Since then, he has traveled the world competing in some of the most prestigious and challenging races known to man.

This includes:

“Cascade Crest 100” 100-mile trail run through the Central Cascades of Washington State

“Silver Rush 50 Run” 50-mile trail run in Leadville, CO

Twice at the “24 Hours of Moab” mountain bike team relay

Three 26-mile marathons

IRONMAN triathlon in Australia.

Adam also loves mountain sports, especially mountaineering and backcountry snowboarding. He has experience mountaineering the Himalayas of India & Nepal and spent much of his college years exploring Colorado backcountry searching for tranquility in the form of fresh powder.

Working as a private chef & healthy living coach in New York City, Adam divides his time between his clients and Nicaragua where he has founded a non-profit organic fruit farm (Finca Santa Marta.) He now spends his spare time trail running in Central park and finding serenity in the waves of Long Island.

Somehow I don't think Mom and Dad would have much to say about who he dates.....sounds pretty frigging mature for 29 to me....

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Caroke would hightail it out of there quick if Adam's mom was getting involved. Grown ass momma's boy is not sexy.

OTOH, Adam's bio? Sexy.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 9

He sounds pretty awesome to me, too, on paper.  And I'll bet his parents helped to make him that way.  I'll also bet his parents had greater aspirations for him than to be hooked up with a reality show drama queen.  Er, princess.

But, as a parent, I'm sure they're happy for him if he's happy, especially if he's now getting a book deal.  But I also think it's possible they wish he'd taken a different 'path'.

• Love 4

Lemme take a crack at this because I think I understand and believe in what she said.  Sounds like ZM has a set of twins (a boy and a girl).  She's never cared how the fights started but how they ended.  I get this. It's more important how the battles end than how they begin.

Okay, I know some of you think it's stupid when I say it's sometimes better to take the high road.  So I won't.  But I will say, just because someone has been a dick to you doesn't mean you have to be a dick back.

I'm certain that we've taught our son to not let some dick's behavior dicktate (haha) how he's gonna act in return.  Because then, the dick wins.

Well as a TWIN GIRL with an 18 month older SISTER to boot, I can tell you growing up there was NO HIGH ROAD! No was there any parental refereeing now that I think of it. LOL.  We survived, and know how to fight (and pick) our battles.  If someone's being a dick, they're going to be told they're being a dick.  Walk away? Fuck that - I'm Polish, you're going to hear from me what I think about you.

• Love 5

He sounds pretty awesome to me, too, on paper.  And I'll bet his parents helped to make him that way.  I'll also bet his parents had greater aspirations for him than to be hooked up with a reality show drama queen.  Er, princess.

But, as a parent, I'm sure they're happy for him if he's happy, especially if he's now getting a book deal.  But I also think it's possible they wish he'd taken a different 'path'.

Wow - tough crowd....not everyone is born to wear a suit and work in a cubicle.

• Love 3

Wow - tough crowd....not everyone is born to wear a suit and work in a cubicle.

True dat.  And not all Polish people always going to go on the offensive if they get their feelings hurt.  My husband is Polish and his family are the most peaceful people I know.  I've never seen any of them get all shouty because they generally don't bother with people who are.

My point was, Adam comes from a very traditional family.  Since we've got him and his CV under a microscope, may as well look a little closer.  Very traditional.

• Love 2

A thousand thumbs up for your post Lucelu

1) how has Carole behaved publicly that is offensive?  

2) What would be indictive?  Do you mean indicative? and what? Is Carole somehow showing you how she would react if she and Adam broke up?  Who would she be vindictive to?

3) Scratching my head at the "twins" thing but ok - what even though Lu brought this shit up, Carole's the skunk because she won't back down?

4) as the mother of a 25 year old...hmmm good question.  I will say that at 25 he's much more mature than he was at 23 and at 29 I bet he'll be even more mature.

Obviously, YMMV but I find a grown women lobbing, " you fuck guys in bathrooms, you fuck YOUNG BOYS, you fuck married men, regardless if whether they are true or not it is offensive.  I don't think people with any degree of integrity say things like that in a public forum.  I don't care that Luann disapproved of her dating Adam.  It is vicious and mean and undesirable.

When someone who was once a trusted friend or colleague behaves in the manner as Carole, and BTW she is not the only RH to behave in such a fashion, Tamra Barney comes to mind regarding Vicki, and of course Brandi and everyone else,  I question what happens when things don't go their way.  I don't really care if Carole barbecues Adam on a Weber when they split-I just see her as a person who is very, very vengeful. 

When you havet wins they are equal age wise there isn't the older vs. younger dynamic, much like the RH are equals, so when one says -"she started it, or he started it" I find it immature and it just wasn't something I would normally tolerate if the reaction was disproportionate to the action.  I think Carole overreacted to Luann's comments and in doing so brought herself down to a undesirable level.  It wasn't her first time she  and Heather were pretty awful and over the top towards Aviva.  Not that Aviva wasn't a pain, it is on the person responding to maintain some dignity.

In response to Adam's maturity-he can date who he wants, as can my son.  My point is when I see someone overreact or react harshly I would be concerned if that person were in my son or daughter's life. 

So in Carole's world of famous former relatives anybody think Carole will be getting a call from the Ambassador to Japan congratulating her on putting down the pesky countess with exposing her alleged sexual escapades?

• Love 4

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Caroke would hightail it out of there quick if Adam's mom was getting involved. Grown ass momma's boy is not sexy.

OTOH, Adam's bio? Sexy.

Well I do think Carole has attached herself to her late husband's mother so I would say most people do want a relationship with their significant other's family. 

• Love 1

Well I do think Carole has attached herself to her late husband's mother so I would say most people do want a relationship with their significant other's family.

I'm sure Carole might want a relationship.

Meddling Mommy? Maybe not.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 3

I saw his bio a little light in the work department but that seems to be changing he is opening up a test kitchen.  It doesn't matter because he has Carole  for support.

• Love 1

I found Carole grabbing Aviva's face like she was some gangster from The Sopranos pretty damn offensive.  

Talking about blowjobs at the dinner table.  Talking about blowjobs at the conference table. Offensive.

Also at a table....

Leaning into George, gazing into his eyes and asking him, dreamily, when he had sex last. And was it with someone or with himself.  Gag.  Offensive and priceless.  Asking her blind/double date with Lu and Jacques if he masturbated and if he orgasms.  Offensive and asinine. 

If that were any man asking her those questions....also offensive.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season/episode-509/videos?clip=18909318

ETA:  George = Aviva's father.  Not Clooney

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 5

Finca Santa Marta - Nicole Nadeau, Adam's ex-girlfriend

adam_big.jpg

nicole-big.jpg

5-big.jpg

adamkenworthy

ADAM KENWORTHY

@ADAMKENWORTHY

Life Chef. Culinary Consultant. Cookbook coming soon. For booking please email Adam@chefak.com

Adam and his nephew

11236372_462794323898302_1504686167_n.jp

adamkenworthy

@adamkenworthy

Back to my roots #dutchies #tulipfestival #iowa #family #love #prouduncle ❤️ MVL

14 274

10956667_944919142214285_795211857_n.jpg

brunch smiles with Brooks | blueberry and banana, brown rice flour / almond meal pancakes. | #chefintraining #madewithlove #prouduncle #vegetarian #organic #brunch

Iowa

0 66

11055765_1578974389008565_425453499_n.jp

Excitement levels are running high for taco night in Iowa. Happy B day big sis, love you! #chefintraining #prouduncle #iowa #vegan #organic #raw #tacos #madewithlove #cutestnephew ❤️

Iowa

Message for Carole:

11032775_1713238892236408_1660108304_n.j

adamkenworthy

@adamkenworthy

Lead with your heart, be kind to all living beings and let the bs pass right by.

• Love 2

I read one of Carole's recent tweets. Carole needs to know when to use the word then and than. They change the meaning into gibberish if used incorrectly. If you are going to be known for words you can't make these kind of simple mistakes.

Did you read the one saying Nicole was in a relationship with someone else when Carole met Adam?

Interesting.

• Love 4

I'm beginning to think that LuLu, Nicole and Adam are pulling a long con on Carole. Nicole and Adam get publicity (and money from Carole) while Luann gets a storyline with Carole looking like boo boo the fool in the end. Messy messiness.

• Love 2

I'm beginning to think that LuLu, Nicole and Adam are pulling a long con on Carole. Nicole and Adam get publicity (and money from Carole) while Luann gets a storyline with Carole looking like boo boo the fool in the end. Messy messiness.

Hmmmmm, interesting. Well, Carole does get to bang Adam, so there's that. I think he's sexy. It's probably fun.

Plus, she gets to eat something besides pizza and M&M's.....so, win/win?

• Love 5

Ha! Don't even remind me of that foolishness. They were so nice about that debacle. I would have been seriously pissed about that lack of etiquette.

Hey! Those M&M's were personalized! That's thoughtful, right??

• Love 3

Fourteen pages.....  What are we going to do when RHNY is over?

Anyhow, I can't sleep (so what else is new) and re watched the episode.   Things that stuck out to me this go round:

Sonja says to Carole that 'John, John was 'my' friend'.  Anybody buying that?  She also said that the women could have waited in the limo.  Ya know.  The limo that wasn't there.

Lu says Eric is in his thirties which some disagreed with and she did admit she slept with him  but she was actually just going to the Ladies Room.  Beth throws in something about that being Lu's MO.  And the skinny dipping with the 21 year old 'house boy', the first response was that there was nothing more but then she throws in the 'what happens in T and C stays in T and C'  Hm.  Why was it necessary for you to say that?

Lu contradicted herself a number of times regarding her niece and Adam's relationship.  Now Lu is saying they're were still seeing each other when Carole and Adam started dating.  Well, then she says they were 'hooking up'.  Note to Lu:  Hooking up is not dating.   I think Lu hooks up a lot - like with Eric - who she claimed she wasn't dating.  But then when even Andy was questioning her logic, she needed a fan and didn't want to talk about it anymore.  I think the truth was that she was confusing herself so much she got a hot flash or her blood pressure went up.

Beth really did get a pass.  And I don't care about your convoluted explanations about being homeless.  It was offensive.  Just as your response to Heather regarding Kris not being invited to your birthday party was just plain rude.  Bitch. 

• Love 9

Or.......none of this really happened. It was all scripted and Bravo pulled a long con on us.

• Love 4

I have to chime in on the whole Bethenny/Bryn phone call thing.  Before deciding whether the calls were not being answered out of spite or not, I'd like to know what was happening on the other end at the times those calls were taking place.  There's another side to the story you know.  For all we know Bethenny could have been calling during bath time, while they were watching a movie, having dinner, etc.  I know in our household growing up, there were absolutely no phone calls during dinner, period, end of discussion.  And now that I'm a mother, the same applies and we've extended that to family movie watching as well.  

I'm just very hesitant to join the Bethenny bandwagon that seems to want to paint Jason as this manipulative, back-stabbing monster who only wants to spite Bethenny, even if it is at the detriment of his own daughter.  Everything I've seen and read has painted a very different picture.  But then YMMV.

Court-mandated phone calls are scheduled for specific times on specific days, and it's up to the parent who is with the child to make the child available to speak to the parent who is calling.   Bath-time, movie-watching, all of that is not supposed to interfere.  If the calls are in fact mandated (and there's no reason to think they're not), then Bethenny has every right to expect  a phone conversation with her daughter when she calls during those times.   Whatever else is happening in the child's life, court-mandated phone calls with a parent are meant to happen exactly when the court has determined that they should happen.  And all parties are well aware of that.  (When I was growing up, we had no phone calls during dinner too, but no one was calling my house at court-mandated times to speak to their child.  And I raised my kids not to feel they have to jump & answer the phone every time it rings either, but again that's completely different than Bethenny's situation.)

Of course we don't really know if Bethenny and/or Jason are violating court orders and playing games, or if they're both doing exactly what they're supposed to do.   Either way, I thought it was kind of obnoxious that Carole said what she did about the phone calls.  I like Carole a lot, but I didn't like that at all.  If nothing should be said, then nothing should be said.  By anyone.  It wasn't all that different IMO than if Bethenny herself had said it.

• Love 6

I'm not really sure what else you can discuss regarding B's divorce, but I'm asking, nay, begging you to take it over to her divorce topic.

I just saw this, after I posted about court-mandated phone calls.  If I knew how to "take it over to her divorce topic", I would do that!  Sorry!!!!

Finca Santa Marta - Nicole Nadeau, Adam's ex-girlfriend

adam_big.jpg

nicole-big.jpg

5-big.jpg

adamkenworthy

ADAM KENWORTHY

@ADAMKENWORTHY

Life Chef. Culinary Consultant. Cookbook coming soon. For booking please email Adam@chefak.com

Adam and his nephew

11236372_462794323898302_1504686167_n.jp

adamkenworthy

@adamkenworthy

Back to my roots #dutchies #tulipfestival #iowa #family #love #prouduncle ❤ MVL

14 274

10956667_944919142214285_795211857_n.jpg

brunch smiles with Brooks | blueberry and banana, brown rice flour / almond meal pancakes. | #chefintraining #madewithlove #prouduncle #vegetarian #organic #brunch

Iowa

0 66

11055765_1578974389008565_425453499_n.jp

Excitement levels are running high for taco night in Iowa. Happy B day big sis, love you! #chefintraining #prouduncle #iowa #vegan #organic #raw #tacos #madewithlove #cutestnephew ❤

Iowa

Message for Carole:

11032775_1713238892236408_1660108304_n.j

adamkenworthy

@adamkenworthy

Lead with your heart, be kind to all living beings and let the bs pass right by. & @caroleradziwill #nyc #notesandquotes #kindness #compassion #film #portraits #bw

NYC

I don't know who uses more #hashtags Adam or Monty Brinson?

I see Adam is giving sage advice to Carole-be kind to all human beings.

When does Adam work?  It seems he lost his chef job at the de lesseps?  I see Adam setting up a test kitchen with lessons and private dinners to follow but when does he really work?  #gigololifeisagoodlife

• Love 6

Fourteen pages.....  What are we going to do when RHNY is over?

Anyhow, I can't sleep (so what else is new) and re watched the episode.   Things that stuck out to me this go round:

Sonja says to Carole that 'John, John was 'my' friend'.  Anybody buying that?  She also said that the women could have waited in the limo.  Ya know.  The limo that wasn't there.

Lu says Eric is in his thirties which some disagreed with and she did admit she slept with him  but she was actually just going to the Ladies Room.  Beth throws in something about that being Lu's MO.  And the skinny dipping with the 21 year old 'house boy', the first response was that there was nothing more but then she throws in the 'what happens in T and C stays in T and C'  Hm.  Why was it necessary for you to say that?

Lu contradicted herself a number of times regarding her niece and Adam's relationship.  Now Lu is saying they're were still seeing each other when Carole and Adam started dating.  Well, then she says they were 'hooking up'.  Note to Lu:  Hooking up is not dating.   I think Lu hooks up a lot - like with Eric - who she claimed she wasn't dating.  But then when even Andy was questioning her logic, she needed a fan and didn't want to talk about it anymore.  I think the truth was that she was confusing herself so much she got a hot flash or her blood pressure went up.

Beth really did get a pass.  And I don't care about your convoluted explanations about being homeless.  It was offensive.  Just as your response to Heather regarding Kris not being invited to your birthday party was just plain rude.  Bitch. 

My impression is Sonja was truly trying to make the trip by finding a babysitter and it would have been the producer and camera folks job to figure out where the limo was and what to do with the women. All they had to do was leave their luggage in Sonja's foyer and go to Starbucks about 30 yards away-it was raining not a blizzard.   I don't think Sonja could have handled the gang coming in.  Maybe her friends should have been more concerned about her situation. Sonja did make me laugh when she said something to the effect to Heather we are five years old when we learn not to barge in other people's houses.  Apparently a lesson Heather has not learned.

Another famous Bethenny moment, when Luann is asked to uncross her legs because of confined space near the runway, Bethenny says, "Luann is a big bitch."   What an offensive thing to say about a friend.  Luann is 5'10 and she has a great body.  Bethenny doesn't like Kristen because she use to screw Josh an doesn't to deal with it.

Court-mandated phone calls are scheduled for specific times on specific days, and it's up to the parent who is with the child to make the child available to speak to the parent who is calling.   Bath-time, movie-watching, all of that is not supposed to interfere.  If the calls are in fact mandated (and there's no reason to think they're not), then Bethenny has every right to expect  a phone conversation with her daughter when she calls during those times.   Whatever else is happening in the child's life, court-mandated phone calls with a parent are meant to happen exactly when the court has determined that they should happen.  And all parties are well aware of that.  (When I was growing up, we had no phone calls during dinner too, but no one was calling my house at court-mandated times to speak to their child.  And I raised my kids not to feel they have to jump & answer the phone every time it rings either, but again that's completely different than Bethenny's situation.)

Of course we don't really know if Bethenny and/or Jason are violating court orders and playing games, or if they're both doing exactly what they're supposed to do.   Either way, I thought it was kind of obnoxious that Carole said what she did about the phone calls.  I like Carole a lot, but I didn't like that at all.  If nothing should be said, then nothing should be said.  By anyone.  It wasn't all that different IMO than if Bethenny herself had said it.

They are really not mandated to the exact minute-the idea is between certain hours the parent may call.  Usually it is a pretty small window 7:30 to 8:00 pm for example and something I learned today that Family Court does not normally entertain contempt citations for missed parental phone calls.  For obvious reasons-the phone was in the other room, the kid is on the pot, the kid is playing with friends. 

My impression is Sonja was truly trying to make the trip by finding a babysitter and it would have been the producer and camera folks job to figure out where the limo was and what to do with the women. All they had to do was leave their luggage in Sonja's foyer and go to Starbucks about 30 yards away-it was raining not a blizzard.   I don't think Sonja could have handled the gang coming in.  Maybe her friends should have been more concerned about her situation. Sonja did make me laugh when she said something to the effect to Heather we are five years old when we learn not to barge in other people's houses.  Apparently a lesson Heather has not learned.

Another famous Bethenny moment, when Luann is asked to uncross her legs because of confined space near the runway, Bethenny says, "Luann is a big bitch."   What an offensive thing to say about a friend.  Luann is 5'10 and she has a great body.  Bethenny doesn't like Kristen because she use to screw Josh an doesn't to deal with it.

They are really not mandated to the exact minute-the idea is between certain hours the parent may call.  Usually it is a pretty small window 7:30 to 8:00 pm for example and something I learned today that Family Court does not normally entertain contempt citations for missed parental phone calls.  For obvious reasons-the phone was in the other room, the kid is on the pot, the kid is playing with friends. 

Wait.  Where was anything said or proven that Beth screwed Josh?

And wasn't it brought up that Sonja's intern's would not allow the luggage to be left at the house?  And didn't they say that they didn't know that Sonja had a problem with making arrangements with Sonja finding someone to pick up her daughter?  That was the response I heard when Sonja made the claim on the reunion.  They didn't know Sonja's situation and why would that make a difference in a four story townhouse?  I also wouldn't call it a 'gang'.  There were four women and a camera person who seemed to have access anyway?

And again, Carole never said anything about 'mandated' calls.  She made the point that it was unfair that Beth couldn't say hello to her child because the phone wasn't answered.

• Love 2

Yes, I know.  I never said it was "to the exact minute."  It's not an exact time, but rather a window of time. I thought I had said that or implied that, but I wrote quickly and may not have.  No court is going to say, "You must call at 7:30 on the dot or forfeit your right to speak to your child."  It's common sense that there would be a little leeway.  If the parent calls at 7:30 and the child is not available, they are within their rights to keep trying.  And often there's an alternate secondary time as well.

In my experience, all of this is taken pretty seriously by the court system.  There may be some tolerance for non-compliance, but not much.  Careful attention is paid to be sure it's not a continuing problem.  The phone is not supposed to be "in the other room" and the child is not supposed to be "playing with friends".  The court-appointed times are meant to be set aside as time for the child and parent to speak, and that's considered to be of high importance.   The times are not chosen randomly.  They are chosen with an eye toward what makes the most sense for both sides, given school schedules,  dance lesson days, soccer practice, etc.  Each parent in a divorce situation should be really careful about doing anything that looks as though they're interfering with the child's time with the other parent, and that includes time on the phone.

In any case, I was responding to the poster who said that Bethenny was probably calling at bath time or movie time, and so Jason wasn't at fault.  My response was  that she was likely calling at the time she was supposed to be calling.  Time that was court-mandated to be set aside as her time to speak to her daughter.  If in fact, her daughter has not been available at those times, then Jason absolutely would be at fault.  His obligation is to schedule baths, movies, etc, around the scheduled phone calls.  Again, I'm not saying he is or he isn't.  Just that I'm quite sure Bethenny is not just picking random times to phone her daughter.  In a volatile situation such as this, it's almost certain that she's calling at court-mandated times.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 4

Just to clarify, Carole said nothing about Beth's calls being mandated.  What she actually said was that Beth wanting to say hello to her daughter. 

I just re-watched and Carole's exact words were,  "She calls her daughter twice a day and it's very court-appointed and lots of times her ex-husband won't answer the phone."  She then went on to say that sometimes Bethenny has to call 6, 7, 8 times, and all she wants is to talk to her daughter.  So clearly they do have court-mandated calls.  I would think so even if Carole hadn't said it, but she did confirm that, and it's pretty standard in cases like this.

I don't think any of this should be discussed by any of them, though.  I've never known of any situation where attorneys gave clients free reign to disclose details on camera.  Talking about who's a slut and who drinks too much is one thing, but this is about a minor child and IMO should be off-limits.  That kind of "reality" is something I personally think should be kept private.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 5

I didn't get to see the original broadcast but DVR'd it on Friday afternoon.

What the heck did they think they were doing with the Smashdub nonsense that was going on during the arguing? What a dumb idea and a major distraction!!!

Is it just me, or did I miss something?

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 1

I don't know what Jason is doing and why he is being difficult-- is this about money? About broken hearts? Love lost? I'm not sure, but it is really really sad that they are having such a horrible time with the divorce. Is he trying to get rich? It sort of seems like he is purposely trying to hurt her. Very very sad. He should be thankful to her for everything she did for him. He seems horrible.

Reunion thoughts:

Bethenny's hair and outfit was super cute and glam without being a ball gown

Sonja looked very pretty

I love Luann. She seemed to keep her composure pretty well 

I did not understand Carole's point about Sonja not mentioning John John. Sonja has every right to name drop anyone she wants. Carole doesn't own rights to the name. Name dropping is annoying and pretentious. Let Sonja look like a fool, instead of butting in and saying something stupid to make you look like the bad guy.

People need to leave Sonja alone. Just let her say what she wants. Who really cares? 

Ramona is starting to seem old and frail. Or maybe just taking some strong MOAs.

Winners: LuAnn, Sonja, and maybe Bethenny

Losers: Kristen

Most annoying: Heather

• Love 1

What a shame that mature women were reduced to defending themselves on national TV. It's not a good look for any of them no matter who designed their outfit. I know it's only Part 1 of the Reunion and we have 2 parts left :-(

tumblr_nthvvlpzv21ql5yr7o1_500.gif

tumblr_nte3ceTs8D1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

tumblr_ntd5hty75d1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

By RealityTVGIFS

Edited by talula
  • Love 3

Regarding Sonja wanting sympathy from the girls about her babysitting situation when she wouldn't let them in her home, both Heather and Kristen said that she never told them any of that at the time. How/why would they have felt empathy for her when she didn't think enough of them to tell them what was going on? All they knew was that she wouldnt't let them in. Because it cannot be said enough, Sonja has been proven to stretch the truth. It's been proven not just on this show with all her talk about Nigerian Football Teams, but even in a court of law. For that reason, I think that Kristen and Heather are the much more believable ones in this situation. I think that after the fact Sonja dreamed up an excuse for why she wouldn't let them in because she realized that it was going to be hard to explain. All of her talk in her blogs after, about how she couldn't just have people unsupervised in her home, would have made me even more livid.

• Love 8

I just re-watched and Carole's exact words were,  "She calls her daughter twice a day and it's very court-appointed and lots of times her ex-husband won't answer the phone."  She then went on to say that sometimes Bethenny has to call 6, 7, 8 times, and all she wants is to talk to her daughter.  So clearly they do have court-mandated calls.  I would think so even if Carole hadn't said it, but she did confirm that, and it's pretty standard in cases like this.

I don't think any of this should be discussed by any of them, though.  I've never known of any situation where attorneys gave clients free reign to disclose details on camera.  Talking about who's a slut and who drinks too much is one thing, but this is about a minor child and IMO should be off-limits.  That kind of "reality" is something I personally think should be kept private.

First, we don't know the phone calls are "court ordered" or not, Carole saying it doesn't make true, Bethenny did not confirm/acknowledge Carole's statement at all. But IMO, if it is court mandated/ordered and Jason was not answering these calls, Bethenny would haul his butt back to court in a heart beat and that has NOT happened.

• Love 3

First, we don't know the phone calls are "court ordered" or not, Carole saying it doesn't make true, Bethenny did not confirm/acknowledge Carole's statement at all. But IMO, if it is court mandated/ordered and Jason was not answering these calls, Bethenny would haul his butt back to court in a heart beat and that has NOT happened.

I don't see Bethenny taking Jason back to court over the phone calls (which, I would think her attorneys might have something to say as well), at least not right now in the middle of the apartment/settlement fight. Sometimes you gotta pick your battles.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 2

Then I guess the same sentiment is true with regard to the things Carol has said about Luann.

Unless Carole has read specific court orders, she's dependent on Bethenny's assertions about what's been mandated by the court. Whereas Carole may have seen Luann taking a waiter into the lavo with her own eyes. In the former situation, Carole's honesty isn't enough.

• Love 3

Unless Carole has read specific court orders, she's dependent on Bethenny's assertions about what's been mandated by the court. Whereas Carole may have seen Luann taking a waiter into the lavo with her own eyes. In the former situation, Carole's honesty isn't enough.

Unless Carole went into the bathroom with them, my point still stands.

• Love 1

Then I guess the same sentiment is true with regard to the things Carol has said about Luann.

I doubt that Carole read the custody order herself and instead was filled in by Bethenny, so she only has Bethenny's word that the phone calls are in fact court ordered, they may well not be.

Unless Carole went into the bathroom with them, my point still stands.

OR, LuAnn said she had sex with the guy in the bathroom to Carole/HWs and is now trying to change her story.

• Love 2

OR Carole was running her mouth on something she didn't know about.

I tend to think LuAnn was bragging, as she loves to do even ON camera. It was LuAnn that said she was taking Erick into the bathroom ON camera and I doubt that she did so to show him what a Ladies bathroom looked like. LOL LuAnn's own actions have caused this discussion as she is the one that talks about 1 night stands, hookups with random strangers and bedding 20 something guys but never introducing them to your grown children ON camera.

• Love 5

I tend to think LuAnn was bragging, as she loves to do even ON camera. It was LuAnn that said she was taking Erick into the bathroom ON camera and I doubt that she did so to show him what a Ladies bathroom looked like. LOL LuAnn's own actions have caused this discussion as she is the one that talks about 1 night stands, hookups with random strangers and bedding 20 something guys but never introducing them to your grown children ON camera.

She could have taken him there to make out, smoke a joint, snort a line or myriad things besides sex. You can't act like Carole's word is gospel with one housewife and then claim "we don't know" with her statements on others.

• Love 4