Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Mitzi

Mitzi is one of the bubbliest and happiest women you’ll ever meet…but you’d have to catch her outside of her home to see that because no one has been inside her house in nine years.

Ugh, Heidi.  About 262 pound weigh-in:  "This is just death waiting to happen."  Thank you, very inspirational. 

Good for Heidi that she is so skinny, but does she have to wear a spray-on fluorescent dress when the focus is on the person who lost half of her body weight, who has to stand next to Heidi?

Edited by jjj
  • Love 7

Heidi: I promise I won't judge your house

Mitzi: Heidi came into my house and didn't judge.

Heidi (alone to camera): OMG! I couldn't believe how terrible her house was!

I did love Mitzi and really enjoyed this episode.

• Love 4
Good for Heidi that she is so skinny, but does she have to wear a spray-on fluorescent dress when the focus is on the person who lost half of her body weight, who has to stand next to Heidi?

Kudos to the dress comment.  Way to frickin rub it in, Heidi, as the contestant stands there usually still with bowling pins legs and flabby arms.  Speaking of which, I see that the skin removal surgery they paid for didn't include arms, which is what she needed as much as the stomach.  Damn the arms are so hard (I say with knowledge, don't ask me to point which direction you should go).

And Heidi is the worst actress in the world!  When they were driving in the car, Heidi is pretending that she doesn't exactly know what is inside that house. Awful stilited conversation. 

Fucking Heidi.  Such a condescending room check.

I'd be, "Bitch, please, get out of my drawer"

• Love 1

My new imaginary twitter account is @ihateheidi

Heidi, stick your boobs back into your dress, take off the fuckme shoes, and wear an outfit that wouldn't let someone bounce a quarter off your skinny rear end. Try some nice black pants and a simple understated top with ballet flats. When it's Chris's show we aren't forced to compare him with the victims, I mean success stories, except the recent one where Panda and John wanted to do a threeway flex with him. And that wasn't Chris's idea.

Mr MML and I were screaming laughing by the end of the humiliation Heidi forced on poor Mitzi. Publicly weigh yourself with all your fat hanging out, check. Everyone has to do that, but let's add publicly reveal your hoarding house, check. Not enough for our Heidi, so why not go track down the guy who broke your heart for the feel-bad cherry on the Embarrass Mitzi sundae. Check. We were imagining Heidi bringing in the woman who fired Mitzi from her first job (not that she was), or the landlord who evicted her parents (not that they were), or the mean girls who bullied her in seventh grade (not that they did).

Mitzi, you are my favorite makeover! I would hang out with you anytime.

Heidi: I promise I won't judge your house

Mitzi: Heidi came into my house and didn't judge.

Heidi (alone to camera): OMG! I couldn't believe how terrible her house was!

I did love Mitzi and really enjoyed this episode.

Hilarious--totally sums up Heidi.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 7

Heidi: "So this is all part of the renovation is that what you're saying?" NO.....

Yeah Heidi you dumbass. You cant "just go in and clear your house" for a hoarder. Sweet Baby Jesus, make Heidi go away off my TV. I actively loathe her. YAY MITZI! I had a little something in my eye.

• Love 2

That Ernestine 78 yr old chick is just totally  awesome . WOW.

The hoarding Dr has amazing compassion. Excellent. And the cleanup director guy seemed great too.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 1

I love both Dr. Tobin and Matt Paxton, so that helped me tolerate the massive amounts of Heidi.  I loved Mitzi - what a sweet heart.  Loved that her personal hero was there to help train her during the 2nd phase.  I've seen Ernestine before, and she IS amazing.  Glad that Mitzi got her house cleaned up.  She wasn't a serious hoarder - just a severely depressed individual who had lost motivation, poor thing.  I'm even okay with them bringing back the boyfriend, because Mitzi got her chance to have her say.  But they really should have let her know beforehand, poor thing.

• Love 4

Ocean Chick, the theme of this episode seemed to be "ambush Mitzi." Ambush her at the movie theater, ambush her into showing Heidi her house, ambush her with the box of stuff, ambush her with the ex-boyfriend, ambush her with having her work friends help her clean up the house. It was really quite ridiculous and I don't believe she knew in advance because she seemed genuinely emotionally distressed each time. Other than that, I was surprised by how unirritated I was by this episode. When I saw the preview, I didn't even want to watch because I despise when these shows use people's major psychological issues or life traumas as the main storyline of the episode (next week's preview made me scream because did I see something about shaken baby?!). I was so relieved when Dr. Tobin showed up and they didn't just try to fix her hoarding issues with a bunch of exercise (or by making cleaning up her workout of the day). I teared up when she saw Ernestine. Mitzi was a true dream and within the first five minutes I turned to the BF and said, "I want to hang out with her" (and I'm two decades younger!). She was a real delight and had very cute fashion sense throughout. Totally agree about Heidi's attention-seeking dress... made me roll my eyes so hard. Let Mitzi have her time to shine! To me it was the equivalent as bringing the "fired" guy out during Panda's reveal last week. Also, saying "death waiting to happen" around Mitzi's 260lb weight was sooo dramatic. Did we ever even hear if she had health problems? Obviously that weight is problematic, but Heidi seems to not realize it's more common than her weight and we don't see these ladies dropping down like flies all over the place.

• Love 5

Ocean Chick, the theme of this episode seemed to be "ambush Mitzi." Ambush her at the movie theater, ambush her into showing Heidi her house, ambush her with the box of stuff, ambush her with the ex-boyfriend, ambush her with having her work friends help her clean up the house. It was really quite ridiculous and I don't believe she knew in advance because she seemed genuinely emotionally distressed each time.

That was pure, unadulterated exploitation of the client o make "good" reality TV. Heinous and disgusting.

• Love 1

I'm not sure I understood the therapeutic advantage of humiliating her with all her friends to see her house like that. Ambush indeed. How about a bunch of strangers hired to do it? At least then she could save some face. Helping folks is great I just don't get all the humiliation and why it is "necessary."

Heidi makes me sick. She is a terrible actress. And I do not need to see her bony butt in skin tight fabric.....ever.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 2

I'm not sure I understood the therapeutic advantage of humiliating her with all her friends to see her house like that.

I agree.  I think what they were going for was, "See, your friends care about you no matter what your house looks like."  And to a certain extent I think they accomplished that.  But, as has been said before, they just kept ambushing the poor woman.  

• Love 1

Heidi aside, this episode had me tearing up at every turn. Mitzi is one of those people who radiates a genuine warmth and good heart. I was rooting for her!

I felt awful for her during her multiple ambushes; however, she managed to not only push through each hurdle, but to handle it all with grace.

I'm happy for her and hope she enjoys all her well-deserved and hard-earned success.

Edited by Scorpiosunshine
  • Love 3

The show was preempted in Chicago because of a Cubs game, but there was a massive rain delay, so they went to regular programming for a while.  I wasn't paying much attention until I went, Hey, that looks like Dr. Tolin!  It's always nice to see him on any show. He manages to be grounded, common-sense, effective, and compassionate all at the same time.

I rolled my eyes into pinwheels when they showed Heidi sitting in a hot tub in a bikini. Need ego strokes much?

The whole ep will be shown on Sunday night here, I think, if the Comcast schedule is to be believed.

Ernestine was awesome!  Normally, I'd be asking, "do you really need to show off your abs?", but Ernestine totally earned that look! 

And yes, Mitzi was much more determined than I had expected from the initial scene or two -- I thought the hoarding might be part of a deeper issue that would affect her progress, but she was rocking it all, once she got past the initial hazing. 

I rolled my eyes into pinwheels when they showed Heidi sitting in a hot tub in a bikini. Need ego strokes much?

I could not believe she found a reason to get into a bikini on a show helping a woman lose over 100 pounds.

Another least favorite moment with Heidi -- in the first treadmill session, where she and Chris were on the side amping up the MPH on the treadmill.  "She can do more!", said Heidi, as her head rested on Chris's manly upper arm, with her mouth a little agape and her eyes wide and unfocused staring at the numbers on the treadmill.  She looked like she had OD'd on Hostess cupcakes and had gone into a trance.  Meanwhile, they propelled Mitzi onto the floor.  But good camera angle for Heidi!  Yea team!   

• Love 4

Agreed I hated that scene with Heidi and Chris with Mitzi on the treadmill with Heidi all, "She can do more!" and as mentioned above - her stupid facial expression was priceless and not in the good way. 

Btw, I heard in my head, "She can do more! ....let's see if we can fling her across the room, cause an injury or an infarction! Then cry about it in a bikini."

Edited by ari333
  • Love 2

Fucking Heidi.  SHUT UP.  I really don't like the Heidi episodes at all.  Chris is good.  Heidi is a fame whore.  

I wish Heidi wouldn't wear v neck t shirts. The line down the middle of her chest is just distracting. 

I liked the hoarding doctor guy. And Ernestine!

Go Mitzi!  Go for it! She is awesome.  What a great attitude. I hope she continues to believe in herself. 

• Love 4

I mentioned earlier that I turned that shit off once I saw that Heidi was the "point woman" for it. How much did Mitzi lose at the end? She seemed like a nice lady. In the 3 minutes I watched. Dammit, Heidi ruins EVERYTHING. If she were a good trainer, I could forgive it. I could forgive Bob Harper for a lot of bullshit. 

• Love 1

I mentioned earlier that I turned that shit off once I saw that Heidi was the "point woman" for it. How much did Mitzi lose at the end? She seemed like a nice lady. In the 3 minutes I watched. Dammit, Heidi ruins EVERYTHING. If she were a good trainer, I could forgive it.

There is more than enough good stuff to offset the Heidi factor:  Ernestine is awesome, Mitzi is a good sport after the opening scenes and very assiduous, and although I forget the exact number, it was certainly well over 100 pounds.  The hoarding counselors were very compassionate, as others have noted.  And if you watch and Heidi makes you crazy, just come here and add fuel to the discussion!  One thing I appreciated is that with the hoarding subplot, there was no obsessing about food and eating an extra avocado half (as happened a few weeks ago).  It was all about exercise, hitting weight goals, and dealing with letting go of the past and of junk. 

• Love 2

There is more than enough good stuff to offset the Heidi factor:  Ernestine is awesome, Mitzi is a good sport after the opening scenes and very assiduous, and although I forget the exact number, it was certainly well over 100 pounds.  The hoarding counselors were very compassionate, as others have noted.  And if you watch and Heidi makes you crazy, just come here and add fuel to the discussion!  One thing I appreciated is that with the hoarding subplot, there was no obsessing about food and eating an extra avocado half (as happened a few weeks ago).  It was all about exercise, hitting weight goals, and dealing with letting go of the past and of junk. 

Eh. If the show was only one hour like it should be, I might waste the time watching a woman I totally hate. Thanks for the update though!

• Love 1

[W]ithin the first five minutes I turned to the BF and said, "I want to hang out with her" (and I'm two decades younger!)

Me too! I just caught up and I am 100% Team Mitzi.  (Also: I was so happy to see Matt Paxton, even if only for a few seconds!)

• Love 2

I am still watching the show now and they just went through the issue of her friends and colleagues showing up to clean her house. That would horrify me but she handled it well. I love her energy and I just hope they didn't lay the grounds for serious setbacks by approaching her by surprise infiltration. I hope they know what they are doing because she is too great to mess with!

Just catching up on some shows my DVR missed. I am so glad I was able to watch Mitzi! What a delightful, lovely woman. So positive, and never had the victim mentality that so many other contestants on this show seemed to have.

That boyfriend missed out on someone pretty special, but she was really far too good for a dog like him anyway.

The one thing that always seems to bother me is that they never seem to take muscle gain into account during these weigh ins, especially if the contestant has been intensively weight training. Mitzi has obviously been doing a lot of lifting and has probably put on quite a bit of muscle. The scale won't show her progress as much as, say, taking body fat percentage into account instead. I wish they would not look merely at pounds lost when they judge someone's progress.

Rant over. You go Mitzi! You are my favorite contestant this show has ever had.

• Love 3

I joined this website just to vent. I am just catching up on this show. I could not believe the movie theater as the place to get Mitzi. What the hell was that?

Did you notice all the other fatter people sitting there? They did not look comfortable at all. Then to make her strip down in front of a bunch of strangers. That was weird. I think they need to stop doing that. I really hate that. We do not need that at all.

They can weigh in wearing their clothes, come on. Next I have never liked Heidi, never. She is so full of herself and she looks like one of the Housewives of Beverly Hills or one of those gals from any of those shows, which I cannot stand. Vapid, Botox, body conscious and attention seeking. I am FFing through this episode to skip all of Heidi and the rest of the mean surprises they pull on Mitzi. Heidi is not a natural  TV performer and they need to ditch her ASAP. Mitzi would be a great replacement!

Edited by Ford
  • Love 1