Type keyword(s) to search

Castle Game Thread: Eliminations And More!

So it looks like our regulars have cast their votes, and Cops and Robbers is our S4 champion!

Hooray! I adore it. 

But these can definitely go:

The Squab and the Quail *urgh*

The Human Factor

Watershed

After the Storm
Cloudy with a Chance of Murder
Secret's Safe with Me
Murder, He Wrote
Probable Cause
The Final Frontier
Swan Song
After Hours
Secret Santa
Significant Others
Death Gone Crazy
Recoil
Reality Star Struck
Target
Hunt
Scared to Death
The Wild Rover
The Lives of Others
The Fast and the Furriest
Still
The Human Factor

Under the Influence, The Squab and the Quail and Watershed are history, and the next round is open! We're still voting against three...

My votes:

Target

Recoil

The Human Factor 

After this round it's going to get really hard for me! 

After the Storm
Secret's Safe with Me
Murder, He Wrote
Probable Cause
The Final Frontier
Swan Song
After Hours
Secret Santa
Significant Others
Reality Star Struck
Target
Hunt
Scared to Death
The Wild Rover
The Lives of Others
Still

Human Factor, Recoil and Death Gone Crazy are history, and the next round is open! Just vote for the three you most want eliminated :) 

Anyone up for coming up with your favorite five of the whole series?! These aren't necessarily the 'best', just the episodes you happen to love watching over and over :) My admittedly random choices:

Flowers for Your Grave 

A Chill Goes Through her Veins

Poof! You're Dead 

One Life to Lose 

The Lives of Others 

Still 

(Yeah, I know...that's six, not five, but considering I could have named 30 or so more, I'll consider this list a success!) 

These are 3 of my favorites. So sad we can't be on same page.

Awww. It just means I like others more. But that's what makes for interesting discussion, right? 

• Love 1

So, I'd be really interested to hear the reasons why y'all choose to vote a particular episode off of the island: A particular scene or plot twist? Too much Badass Beckett or Dumbass Castle? Too many red herrings or not enough twisty twists? Does one great scene save an otherwise meh episode, or can one really bad scene sink a pretty decent one?  Inquiring minds want to know!

There's only a handful of episodes I actually really dislike, so once those are gone, I just think of the enjoyment I got out of each episode or that have the most scenes I'd want to watch. The ones with the least enjoyment get booted first. If I can't remember anything about the episode I vote for it to be eliminated because I figure it couldn't have been that good.

• Love 1

For me, I like to boot anything referencing the Johanna Beckett Murder Case (said in big bad booming voice) first, esp now, then the stupid ones like 'Squib', and then I do like KaveDweller, and vote for least re-watchable - to me.

Edited by roamyn

After the Storm
Secret's Safe with Me
Murder, He Wrote
Probable Cause
The Final Frontier

Secret Santa
Significant Others
Reality Star Struck
Target
Hunt
The Wild Rover
The Lives of Others
Still

Swan Song, After Hours and Scared to Death are history, and the next round is open! We're down to voting against just TWO :)  

The Lives of Others

PLEASE Orange Hunting Suit for RC, Beating a stick on a log, Whoopee Noises, and Kate leaving him,  Not so funny as writers may have thought to me

Not a Fan of Hitchcock so really did not enjoy LOO

Since Hunt is probably going to be eliminated, I would like to ask those that don't like it, why don't you like it.

NF is superb, as is all the cast. The storyline isn't improbable. What makes this 2-parter so undesirable?

Edited by roamyn

I like the two-parter, but I just like the lighter episodes more.  And Hunt had pretty limited Caskett interaction, which is one thing I use to rank episodes.

Once the first couple S5 episodes were eliminated, this became very hard for me. There were lots of good episodes this season.

• Love 1

Yes...what KaveDweller said :) I just happen to prefer the lighter, wittier, more charming episodes than when the show gets dark and serious. And I love S5, so by this point I like every remaining episode to one degree or another---it's just a matter of which ones I happen to love most. 

After the Storm
Secret's Safe with Me
Murder, He Wrote
Probable Cause
The Final Frontier
Significant Others
Reality Star Struck
Target
The Wild Rover
The Lives of Others
Still

Hunt and Secret Santa are history, and the next round is open! We're still voting against two :) 

My votes:

Target 

Wild Rover 

I agree with amensisterfriend that eventually these eliminations come down to which ones I like just a little more than others. But as KaveDweller pointed out, most of my clunkers were gone fairly quickly. 

Target
The Wild Rover 

After the Storm
Secret's Safe with Me
Murder, He Wrote
Probable Cause
The Final Frontier
Significant Others
Reality Star Struck

The Lives of Others
Still

Target and Wild Rover are history, and the next round is open! We're still voting against two :)