Type keyword(s) to search

Castle Game Thread: Eliminations And More!

Our triumphant S2 winner: 

Tick Tick Tick...

I'll be back in a minute with the S3 episode list! 

I actually love most of these to the point where voting them out will be painful :) 

A Deadly Affair

He's Dead, She's Dead 

Under the Gun 

Punked

Anatomy of a Murder

3Xk

Almost Famous

Murder Most Fowl

Close Encounters of the Murderous Kind 

Last Call

Nikki Heat 

Poof! You're Dead 

Knockdown

Lucky Stiff

The Final Nail

Setup

Countdown

One Life to Lose

Law & Murder 

Slice of Death 

The Dead Pool

To Love and Die in LA

Pretty Dead

Knockout 

A Deadly Affair
He's Dead, She's Dead
Under the Gun
Punked
Anatomy of a Murder
3Xk
Almost Famous
Last Call
Nikki Heat
Poof! You're Dead
Knockdown
Lucky Stiff
The Final Nail
Setup
Countdown
One Life to Lose
Slice of Death
The Dead Pool
To Love and Die in LA
Knockout

Pretty Dead, Murder Most Fowl and Law & Murder are history, and the next round is open! We're still voting against three :) 

Here's a fun question about past episodes to take a break from worrying about future ones: If you could keep just FIVE episodes of the whole series to rewatch over and over, which would you pick? Yes, I know narrowing it down to just five is nearly impossible...I'm cruel that way :) Also, which of the season premieres were your favorites and least favorites so far? Favorite and least favorite season finales? 

Only five episodes? Wow, that's just mean.  I guess I'd pick Flowers for Her Grave, Knockdown, The Lives of Others, Time of Our Lives, and Still.  Still because it has clips of the best parts of lots of episodes.

My favorite season premiere is After the Storm, and favorite finale is Always.

My least favorite premiere is season 2 (I can't remember the name).  My least favorite final is For Better or Worse.

• Love 1

Wow, only 5 in 7 seasons?!

I'm going with 'Flowers for her Grave', 'Hunt', 'Time of Their Lives', 'Under Fire', 'Vampire', and just for the hell of it 'That 70s Show', because I'm a massive Starsky & Hutch fan.

• Love 1

The first five favorites I think of are: A Chill Goes Through Her Veins, The Mistress Always Spanks Twice, To Love and Die in L.A., Cops & Robbers and The Final Frontier.

My favorite premiere is A Deadly Affair and my favorite finale is Always. 

• Love 1

Five episodes to keep watching - Cops and Robbers, Still, The Final Nail, A Chill Goes Through Her Veins, Sucker Punch.

Best season premieres - the pilot and S5 wasn't bad either. 

Least favourites - Watershed and FBFW both are equally terrible for different reasons. 

I know this is a bizarre choice, but I find The Final Frontier endlessly rewatchable for a bunch of reasons---to the point where, while it's not among the 5-10 I'd objectively consider the 'best', it may well be on the list of 5-10 episodes that I'd bring with me to my imaginary island :) And while we're throwing a little love S5's way, ITA with Still and The Lives of Others as series highlights and that After the Storm is second only to Flowers for Your Grave on my rankings of favorite seaosn premieres :) 

Favorite to least favorite two-parters??? 

And I know this is confusing now (I don't quite understand why favorite episodes have to be discussed in the same thread as where a game is being played, but I won't question the wisdom of the mods!), but we ARE still playing the episode elim game here, and I'll be back to end this current round and start the new one in the very near future! 

Edited by amensisterfriend

Favorite to least favorite 2-parters:

Target/Hunt

Tick..tick..tick../Boom

Valykrie/Dreamworld

Setup/Countdown

If there are any others, I haven't seen them (I think there's one more). But Setup/Countdown will ALWAYS be last on my list.

• Love 1

Hmmm...that's harder, but if you twisted my arm:

Tick, Tick, Tick.../Boom! (wish they had left the deleted Beckett/Alexis scene in Boom!)

Setup/Countdown

Pandora/Linchpin (also featuring a deleted scene between Castle/Beckett I really wish they would've left in)

Valkyrie/Dreamworld

Resurrection/Reckoning

Target/Hunt 

****Almost Famous and The Dead Pool are history, but we have a tie between Punked and Close Encounters of the Murderous Kind for that third elimination spot. Just vote for the ONE of those two you most want eliminated, and I'll end this after three votes! 

Punked

Edited by S55

A Deadly Affair
He's Dead, She's Dead
Under the Gun
Anatomy of a Murder
3Xk
Last Call
Nikki Heat
Poof! You're Dead
Knockdown
Lucky Stiff
The Final Nail
Setup
Countdown
One Life to Lose
Slice of Death
To Love and Die in LA
Knockout

Is it bad that I was happy to keep Close Encounters of a Murderous Kind for at least one more round in large part because the title of the episode amuses me?! 

The next round is open, and we're still voting against THREE :) 

Edited by amensisterfriend

Favorite to least favorite 2-parters:

Target/Hunt

Tick..tick..tick../Boom

Valykrie/Dreamworld

Setup/Countdown

If there are any others, I haven't seen them (I think there's one more). But Setup/Countdown will ALWAYS be last on my list.

Okay, I just saw Pandora / Lynchpin and was blown.away. Almost as much as all the revelations in Target / Hunt.

So I'm revising my list of 2 parters:

Target / Hunt

Pandora / Lynchpin

Tick...tick...tick / Boom

Valkrie / Dreamworld

Setup / Countdown

A Deadly Affair
He's Dead, She's Dead
Under the Gun
3Xk
Last Call
Nikki Heat
Poof! You're Dead
Knockdown
Lucky Stiff
The Final Nail
Countdown
One Life to Lose
To Love and Die in LA
Knockout

I'll vote against Setup, Slice of Death and Anatomy of a Murder as well, and those episodes are now history! The next round is open, and we can shift to voting against just TWO :) 

Meanwhile, weekend poll: In which season do you most love Kate Beckett overall? In which season do you most love Rick Castle overall? 

A Deadly Affair
He's Dead, She's Dead
Under the Gun
3Xk
Last Call
Nikki Heat
Poof! You're Dead
Knockdown
The Final Nail
One Life to Lose
To Love and Die in LA
Knockout

I'll vote against Countdown and Lucky Stiff---which, by the way, are also our newly eliminated episodes :) The next round is open, and we're still voting against two!