Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E17: London Calling

• Start Topic

Late to the party as I only watched last night.

I didn't think Dorinda chiming in during the conversation about death was bad, I think they were just sharing.  Of course, NYers as a group (yea, I'm one) are pretty fast talkers and I believe more likely to "talk over" or interrupt.  It's just a style.

I still don't understand the Dorinda and London thing.  I could have sworn she has said she lived there with husband #1, then at some point said she lived there with Richard.  Who was based in NYC.  And now she's talking about going there every 2 months or so.  I'm confused.

I thought much of Carole's conversation with the priest was pretty organic, and I can understand it being awkward to go there at all.  But, she is likely Catholic even if lapsed - how in the heck did she not know what to call the priest?  Father, you always call a priest Father.  [oh, and Carole, in case you're reading, you call a Catholic nun "Sister", unless she's the Mother Superior.  In that event believe me she'll let you know it's "Mother Superior."]  And she certainly delayed in going to London if there was time for the church to be formally de-consecrated and the remains moved.  Jeez, pick up Anthony already!  Kristin wants to meet him [kidding, I'm kidding].

Were all the women required to wear red to Bethenny's party?  Rude to insist, if that's what happened.  Ramona was her usual idiot self.  Bethenny's "talk" was odd, but at the moment I'm blanking on the thing I thought was worst.

I see Ramona is changing her story again.  Didn't she imply she was up to something with the guy (the "I didn't want to explain, sorry Luann" said with a smirk TH)?  Now she's claiming to not have been involved at all???  No, not buying it.  I

Edited by Mrs peel
  • Love 4

Well, she did mention in her blog last week that she had "interned" her husband's ashes.  Now, did she really put him to work for Sonja (embellishment) or was that just a writer's mistake (due to being a little rusty at her craft)?

ETA:  Source.  Because I'm thorough like that.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/carole-radziwill-pens-open-letter-after-emotional-rhony-episode-read-2015287

I think it's just a typo for "interment."   [though yeah, for a "wordsmith" to mess that up is not good]

"Burial or interment is the ritual act of placing a dead person or animal, sometimes with objects, into the ground."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burial

Late to the party as I only watched last night.

I didn't think Dorinda chiming in during the conversation about death was bad, I think they were just sharing.  Of course, NYers as a group (yea, I'm one) are pretty fast talkers and I believe more likely to "talk over" or interrupt.  It's just a style.

I still don't understand the Dorinda and London thing.  I could have sworn she has said she lived there with husband #1, then at some point said she lived there with Richard.  Who was based in NYC.  And now she's talking about going there every 2 months or so.  I'm confused.

I thought much of Carole's conversation with the priest was pretty organic, and I can understand it being awkward to go there at all.  But, she is likely Catholic even if lapsed - how in the heck did she not know what to call the priest?  Father, you always call a priest Father.  [oh, and Carole, in case you're reading, you call a Catholic nun "Sister", unless she's the Mother Superior.  In that event believe me she'll let you know it's "Mother Superior."]  And she certainly delayed in going to London if there was time for the church to be formally de-consecrated and the remains moved.  Jeez, pick up Anthony already!  Kristin wants to meet him [kidding, I'm kidding].

Were all the women required to wear red to Bethenny's party?  Rude to insist, if that's what happened.  Ramona was her usual idiot self.  Bethenny's "talk" was odd, but at the moment I'm blanking on the thing I thought was worst.

I see Ramona is changing her story again.  Didn't she imply she was up to something with the guy (the "I didn't want to explain, sorry Luann" said with a smirk TH)?  Now she's claiming to not have been involved at all???  No, not buying it.  I

Dorinda's first husband was from London. They met in NY, but then moved to London after they were married, and her daughter was born there. She started a cashmere business there. When they divorced she moved back to NY and met her second husband, Richard. She said she introduced him to London and that he fell in love with it as well. I'm not sure if they went back so often just because they enjoyed it (her first husband lives there, so perhaps they took Hannah back for frequent visits?) or if it was for business. Apparently the company Richard worked for opened offices in London so perhaps they went for a bit of business and fun.

• Love 1

Why did Carole keep calling her new good friend Doris? I loved this episode. Finally women behaving well. I'm not talking about the Skinnygirl party boring interruptions. Bethenny should get some real therapy & leave the cameras at home. I've lost all interest in her 'situations'. I think Ramona does all this 'manhunt' business on camera because she thinks she's making Mario jealous. She's crazy but seriously attractive & doesn't look anywhere near 60.

I think it's just a typo for "interment."   [though yeah, for a "wordsmith" to mess that up is not good]

"Burial or interment is the ritual act of placing a dead person or animal, sometimes with objects, into the ground."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burial

I think she meant interred. 

Carole has said she isn't always the best with grammar. Maybe she needs an editor for her open letters.

Time for a new ghostwriter.  I kid.

• Love 1

Time for a new ghostwriter.  I kid.

My fingers have flattened from all the hand sitting I do around here. :-)

Regardless of if she knows the difference between 'interred' and 'interned', unless the urn was in the ground she was wrong. If the urn has never been buried, what she did 15 years ago was 'inurned' her husband. Writer girl should do some research, girl. Or fire her ghostwriter. [[hands flapping freely in the breeze]]

• Love 2

My fingers have flattened from all the hand sitting I do around here. :-)

Regardless of if she knows the difference between 'interred' and 'interned', unless the urn was in the ground she was wrong. If the urn has never been buried, what she did 15 years ago was 'inurned' her husband. Writer girl should do some research, girl. Or fire her ghostwriter. [[hands flapping freely in the breeze]]

Thanks.

• Love 1

The interrupting didn't bother me either--in fact, I have to admit I didn't even notice it--but I'm one, too.  I actually read an article a few years ago about a study of NYers' speech patterns, and interrupting is definitely a major feature.  It's expected and accepted.  A conversation among NYers is like a jazz improv, with break-ins and volume fluctuations and rhythm changes (mostly speeding up!).  Now if somebody could convince my husband of this, because he really hates it when I interrupt him.  And I can't help myself.  So Dorinda gets a pass on that from me.  The thing she does with her mouth that really does bother me is talking with it full.  That's not a NY thing, as far as I know.  Just a slob thing.

• Love 6

I think Carole and I share a sense of humor that often makes us look awkward or is often misinterpreted by other people. And we both get uncomfortable with hugs and crying! I don't see Carole very often, but I loved her last night. I went from having no opinion of her to her being my favorite of the bunch. I loved her talking about how she could've been a mother- but life had other plans.  Its ridiculous to me that people are giving her crap on twitter or wherever. It's her story to tell!

Same with me, as far as my sense of humor, and aversion to hugs and crying. Like I said in a previous post, maybe Carole goes for "lightness" because of her heavy past. The other alternative is to stay stuck in that identity and use it as an excuse for all types of fuckery - I'm looking at you, Beth.

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 4

Yup. Positive for us, negative for the sponsors.  And the HWs that are helping to tank the ratings.

Bwahahaha! As if I cared what the sponsors experience!  Wait! Who ARE the sponsors?  I'm not sure I've watched an episode live....

If these shows disappeared tomorrow because of "low ratings"would anyone REALLY care?  Lose sleep over it?  Find yourself scouring the New York Post Page Six for news of one of them?  

• Love 1

If these shows disappeared tomorrow because of "low ratings"would anyone REALLY care?  Lose sleep over it?  Find yourself scouring the New York Post Page Six for news of one of them?  

Were you a member of TWOP when it announced it was shuttering?  That's how I would feel if all my shows disappeared tomorrow.  Bereft.  Not over the loss of the HWs, though.  But because there'd be no more snarking about them with all you lovely people.

Omgod.  I'd totally care.  I've dumped Atlanta and the OC and probably BH, all by myself.  But if they just all disappeared without being able to make that decision for myself?....verklempt.

I'd check Carole's Wikipedia every now and then, though.  I want to see how long it takes her to finish her next book.  Wiki still says the release date is Spring. 2014.

• Love 9

Were you a member of TWOP when it announced it was shuttering?  That's how I would feel if all my shows disappeared tomorrow.  Bereft.  Not over the loss of the HWs, though.  But because there'd be no more snarking about them with all you lovely people.

Omgod.  I'd totally care.  I've dumped Atlanta and the OC and probably BH, all by myself.  But if they just all disappeared without being able to make that decision for myself?....verklempt.

Tell me about it.  And TWoP shut down on my friggin' birthday!  Worst present ever!  I felt as if somebody had died, no exaggeration.  Hyperventilating for weeks. Because something (and someones) that had been in my life for a decade was suddenly gone. And you're so right about making the decision yourself versus having it made for you.  Like walking out of a relationship versus being dumped.

But I don't think I'd be scouring the papers or the Net for any of them.  They're kind of meaningless as individuals.  It's the gestalt of the thing.  (Gestalt!  God bless you!)

• Love 5

Ryebread, I don't often agree with you (LEAVE HEATHER ALONE!!), but you learned me somethin' today! :D

• Love 2

I'd check Carole's Wikipedia every now and then, though.  I want to see how long it takes her to finish her next book.  Wiki still says the release date is Spring. 2014.

Yes - I was a member of TWOP for many years and was disappointed that it closed down.  Happy to have this but know I'd have a lot more time off the computer if I never found it.  I enjoy sharing thoughts and what people notice more than the snark.

• Love 3

I enjoy sharing thoughts and what people notice more than the snark.

Me, too.  But I love it all. Living in polite society, it's not always possible to let my intuition about someone come flying out my mouth.

I would be very sad not to have you guys and this board.  That's why I'm always on my very best behavior. ;-)

• Love 8

Ok, Sonja's blog for last weeks show is up and she is back to rambling all over the place! LOL  This is at the end of her blog, "You will finally see what I have been working on and toward for three years. I'm finally seeing the tree through the woods and proud of it.". Did I miss something, has she said that she was working on a high end clothing line before this season? LOL

• Love 3

Me, too.  But I love it all. Living in polite society, it's not always possible to let my intuition about someone come flying out my mouth.

I would be very sad not to have you guys and this board.  That's why I'm always on my very best behavior. ;-)

LOL two thumbs up! Who am I kidding I love the snark too.

• Love 1

Ok, Sonja's blog for last weeks show is up and she is back to rambling all over the place! LOL  This is at the end of her blog, "You will finally see what I have been working on and toward for three years. I'm finally seeing the tree through the woods and proud of it.". Did I miss something, has she said that she was working on a high end clothing line before this season? LOL

The tree through the woods. Aw Sonja. 

• Love 4

From the shallowest end of the pond (or across the pond, actually), I have to admit to loving Carole's blue leather gloves.  Don't know why she had two pairs of them with her, though. 

I have to admit those blue leather gloves looked hideous!  At first I thought she was wearing something for cleaning the loo!

I loved Million Dollar Decorators. The Watch What Crappens guys love mentioning that show. I loved loved Gallery Girls. The folks over at Grantland loved that show. I feel like folks loved dropping jokes about the show in comments on Gawker at the time. The Rachel Zoe Project went 5 seasons, which is a sight longer than RHoDC and RHoMiami. I don't think we always need DRAMA.

I have to admit I was really impressed with Platinum Hit. I wish it made the cut but alas it only had that one season. The songs that come out of that season was pretty awesome though. Don't know why it wasn't brought back for another season. :-(