Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: No Stone Unturned

I have no doubt in my mind that's the reason behind Sasha P. being so scarce this season. They couldn't manage to hide her body enough and decided to hide her all together.

But being bitchy doesn't require a perfect figure... And she's already clarified the whole thing on Instagram (if that's even true), so I don't know...

(edited)

actnormalbitch, I appreciate the interpretation of the show you've brought and even agree with it. But to make myself perfectly clear, the reason it bothers me they don't tell their parents it's not even because I believe they'd be able to "fix it".  It bothers me because I was brought up believing parents are entitled, on a fundamental level, to know what the hell is going on in their kids life. I don't mean everything, God knows I did my fair share of lying and hiding stuff as a teenager and still do on some level, as a young adult, of things my parents wouldn't approve of BUT no way in hell I'd have hidden anything anywhere as serious as someone threatening me.

I also can't even imagine if I had a child and later found out they hid all that stuff from me. That's a huge frigging wall you're putting up capable of seriously damage any relationship. So my disbilief in regards to the girls not going to their parents more is about less than their supposed ability to fix it and more about they being their freaking parents and having a right to know and support their children when they're going through a hard time. The same way the girls have each other's backs, so should the parents be aloud to have them as well. I mean most of them are pretty decent, save for Alison's parents.

But I understand no way the show would have stretched this long if the parents were made aware of even half of what's going. No doubt most of them would have contacted the FBI or/and moved. And I get the girls are so close that they would never risk it. I do wish it was adressed properly on the show.

But being bitchy doesn't require a perfect figure... And she's already clarified the whole thing on Instagram (if that's even true), so I don't know...

On the US, everything requires a perfect figure. And the fact that she has a medical condition probably makes it even worse for the producers because they can't just tell her to shut her mouth and exercise.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 3
(edited)

Meh, it's Hollywood. They're shallow. I'm not saying that's the case here but I wouldn't be surprised. They don't care if Sasha has a medical reason for the weight gain or if it won't impact her character. Many shows would have let her go already because that's the sad world we live in.

Edited by Spencer Hastings

Jesus, she hasn't even gained that much weight. If they dressed her up in that "Free People/Urban Outfitter" popular style, it's so baggy no one would know. But I personally don't think that's what it is. You can't bring Ali out yet, not ready for the answers she can provide. 

• Love 2

I guess I'm still going with my old standby of AriA, partially because she has a tendency to claim personal responsibility for these A actions. Whenever she can't think of anything, she pretends to have done whatever by default.

(The other reason is because my phone keeps autocorrecting Aria to AriA. See, Aria? Even the phone knows it's true.)

The doll thing is another snowglobe-level idiot plot, as it relies on Aria's curiosity (or subconscious recognition) to work. All Aria had to do was not flip the doll over, and curses, foiled again.

On a podcast I have started listening to, the guys brought up a great point that Ezra was a top-class dirtbag about what he seemed to accept was an art project by Aria. If it had been, it would probably be intended to be provocative, and to symbolize how her youthful innocence was ripped away from her. (And he's responsible for a lot of that too.)

For him to practically write a sonnet about how creepy he considered it, that shows a tone-deafness that I feel wasn't given enough weight by the narrative. Of course, his plunging neckline also shows a sort of tone-deafness, and one of those is a greater infraction. What on earth

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm actually holding out hope that Aria will be Uber A.

They could pull the whole :

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

That would be terrific!

She has been quite sketchy this season and seems to be losing time/memories. So maybe that's the beginning of her descent into madness?

It would be fun if she was Uber A because basically we'd be seeing her origin story!

Edited by raytch
(edited)

But why would Aria be A? What could possibly be her motive? She's going to torment her estranged friends she hasn't seen in 2-3 years who weren't bothering her?

Edited by lion10
  • Love 1

Because once you touch the darkness it becomes a part of you!

I don't know but there are so many clues out there pointing that something is off with her. It would be a pity if the writers don't go there, especially that Mona's motive made no sense whatsoever so basically at this point, anything gots really.

• Love 1

At first, when the series started I thought that Aria suspected one of the others as the killer, specifically Spencer but perhaps the others too. A psychotic enough individual could consider themselves in such a sunk cost situation that it wouldn't matter which blonde got killed, Ali or Bethany. And dissociative identity disorder is genetic.

I know some people think this would be a cop out, but I think it would be in line with how well they treat realism in all other aspects of the show. Ali's trial made Aaron Echolls' trial in VMars look like it was written by a Supreme Court Justice. Mona was diagnosed to have adrenalized hyperreality disorder. Aria having a dark passenger that is self-aware is no more off the reservation than most of the things we've already accepted (or haven't accepted).

• Love 2

If there's something off about Aria, I bet they won't reveal it until the show is almost done. There are too many people who think she's the absolute end all be all and the network wouldn't risk it, especially with the way they retconned TobAy and EzrA. I could see them holding that card close until pissing the network off wouldn't matter.

Or they're planting AriA clues to mess with us.

• Love 1

They aren't planting anything on purpose, if you ask me. People just dislike Aria and stretch the definition of a clue a bit in order to point a finger at her. Mind you, the characters do this all the time in-show, so I can't really blame anyone for following their example.

• Love 1
(edited)

They aren't planting anything on purpose, if you ask me. People just dislike Aria and stretch the definition of a clue a bit in order to point a finger at her. Mind you, the characters do this all the time in-show, so I can't really blame anyone for following their example.

The problem is that this ignores what's on the show. We've seen Aria have vivid hallucinations on screen. That's not a theory. We've seen her eat meat when she self-identified as vegan. Not a theory. We've seen Aria receive an email about a fence project, we've seen her finding clues like a bloodhound, we've seen her dressed like the Black Swan poster, we've seen her missing time. None of these are theories, none of these are stretches of what has been put on screen. Heck, Mona called her Big A.

It's possible that they made a mistake here or there. But why so many coincidences?

There's a difference between "Malcolm called Aria the conductor, so she's A" and "Aria has four phones and texted Ezra from a blocked number once, she's A." I seem to remember one of the MonA clues being that she had an extra phone to give to Hanna...

Edited by DigitalCount
  • Love 3
(edited)
The doll thing is another snowglobe-level idiot plot, as it relies on Aria's curiosity (or subconscious recognition) to work. All Aria had to do was not flip the doll over, and curses, foiled again.

This makes me want to see tags where random people stumble upon A plants that the Liar's missed. Like some little girl buys the wrong Barbie at Target and pulls it out to find a noose around her neck. Or all the other people who bought those little boxes of alphabet cereal and got all A's. What must they be thinking? Or the time Mrs. Fields walked into Emily's room with laundry to find some cryptic message scribbled on Emily's mirror with lipstick.

But it feels like it's been a while since they had this kind of thing, the doll being an exception.

I want Aria to be A just because all this started when she came back. It just makes sense. Maybe Byron wasn't the reason they left town. Maybe Aria did something and the Montgomery's left to protect her (shades of Spencer). They thought she was better so she returned and it all started again. Maybe she split into two personalities after they blinded Jenna. She couldn't deal with the guilt so she split and now the guilt ridden part of her is taking it out on the Liars. (Hey, crazy as it is, it probably makes more sense than what the show will come up with).

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Love 3
(edited)

WHEN IS SHE EVER GOING TO ACTUALLY BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIS?! That they dropped a straight up murder investigash plot is still killing me.

I'm not sure why it matters that Emily has dated multiple people and has no obvious OTP - does...everyone have to have one?! Why? For the sake of shipping? If anything, Emily ships are more interesting because there's possibilities for rivalry, I would think. Then again, I don't really care very much about the romantic pairings of the show, so I guess I don't relate to the indignance - I'm here for the friend(ships).

Emily doesn't need a end game, for sure, but she's gonna have to stop annoying the shit out of me to care what happens to her at all. Edited by Watt