Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: No Stone Unturned

Maybe Caleb was testing Sara with the Kimye reference? To see if she was really in the dollhouse/bunker the whole time? Who am I kidding? I'm sure I am giving him too much credit. I was getting an Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt vibe from last night's episode for some weird reason, maybe because the actress is so terrible I forget I'm not watching a comedy.

• Love 2

If Charles was still in Radley on labor day 2009 then this would rule out anyone we've seen at any given moment before that. Which honestly rules out everyone but Wren! We know Wilden was in Cape May that summer and we know Ezra was seeing Ali that summer.

I think Wren is the best possible fit, BUT since Mona got in an out of Radley like it ain't no thang, and since someone (Mona? Charles before her?) put that map on that old board game to show Spencer how to get out of Radley undetected, any Charles sightings prior to Labor Day could be easily hand waived away as Charles, having grown up in Radley, having total run of the place and escaping whenever he saw fit.

• Love 1
So, was the sushi restaurant with valet service in Philly ?  Why would they "borrow" Lesli's security card and take it all the way back to Rosewood to clone it if there was no way they could easily return it back to Lesli's car in Philly unnoticed ?

At first I thought Hanna was just going to drive it around the corner, look through the car for any clues, and then bring it back to the valet and say she decided she wanted to go back inside and have dessert or something. That's still risky because of course Lesli would later come out and ask for the same car (although maybe Hanna was hoping that the valet was so busy he wouldn't notice it was the same car?). But if she didn't bring the car back, did she just leave the car in the alley with the keys on the hood? Can you imagine the fit Lesli would have when she tried to get her car and the valet didn't have it? Then she would throw a fit and get him fired and then the valet would join the A team to exact revenge on Hanna for ruining his life too.

• Love 2
(edited)

Heather Hogan's suspicion of Sara is still cracking me up:

I spat out some of coffee while reading that!

To me, this is everything:

Pretty soon all the rats are free, and the birds. There’s lemurs climbing all over the place and pigs rootin’ around, and a leopard, and some sheeps are baaa-ing in the corner, and a gross naked mole rat leaps from a light fixture onto Aria’s shoulder. It’s fully pandemonium when the lights go out — and then, like a springtime shower after a scorching hot day, a lamp comes on and Mona Vanderwaal is standing in front of them. She claps her hands, one single time, and the animals to go back to their cages.

Hanna: Booo, you are not one of us! You work with Lesli Stone who was in Radley with Charles and Bethany, boooo!

Mona: You can hear from my voice that I have a cold, and I spent ten times as long in that dollhouse as y’all did, and you’re still three miles behind me.

Spencer: Lesli and Bethany were best friends and Lesli hates us because Bethany ended up buried in Ali’s grave!

Mona: For starters, Bethany and Lesli hated each other, so if you know of anyone who is trying to get at Lesli, like by framing her for a hit-and-run or something, you might consider that that person is Bethany Young. Especially if she looks like Bethany Young.

Spencer: We don’t know anyone like that.

Mona: Fine. Second thing, Bethany and Charles snuck out of Radley on the same night. They were great friends, knew everything about each other. So, again, if you know an orphan who has appeared from nowhere looking like Bethany Young and worming her way into your inner circle and gaining access to your vital organs and Caleb’s top secret hacker stuff, that’s probably Bethany Young.

Aria: Spencer told you, we don’t know anyone like that!

Mona: Okay. Well. Goodnight.

I love Heather's recaps, but lately it feels like she's in total hate men mode? Or is it just me?

I get that the show is hinting towards patriarchy and I get that most men in Rosewood are predators and stalkers etc, etc, etc... but she's been picking on everyone even Caleb, and Dean in the last 2 episodes.

I get that the show is all about the liars and their point of view, but people can still screw up without being bad people:

Caleb putting the tracker on Hanna's car came from how worried he was and because he felt Hanna was keeping things from him again. He's been feeling helpless, and though I agree a tracker is a bit extreme, he could at least know where she was even if he didn't know what she was doing.

Him grabbing her this episode to sleep with her was just his way of reaching out. He's a person too and he's been feeling out-margined by the person he loves the most.

Dean's manpain... I didn't see it like that at all. When he was first introduced way back in season 4, he was the first person to ever notice that Spencer did not feel safe in her own house. At that time everyone else was treating her like a crazy person including Toby and her parents. I think when Veronica fired him he felt a little guilty because he was somewhat starting to develop inappropriate feelings for a 17 year old girl in a vulnerable state. Since he's been back, I think he's been having the same struggle. Spencer is 18 now but she's still young, and even more vulnerable than ever considering all the shit she went through since. He did the only he could do: walk away.

Also he is a sobriety coach, yes in his world when people don't show up to meetings there's a big chance they might be dead or falling off the wagon. Why is it a selfish self absorbed thing to say?

Edited by raytch
  • Love 2

Sometimes it boggles my mind how Pam Fields even agreed to let a stranger stay in her house and sleeps in the same bed with her gay daughter? Did we not learn anything from the whole fake-cousin-Nate thingy?

• Love 5

The whole styling for Ezra this season has been shockingly horrendous. I can't quite figure out what's wrong but it's the same style of  shirt each week. The sleeves are too short maybe? The neckline too high or low? And it definitely gives him moobs. So distracting.

I'm waiting for Ian Harding's confession that he has a hormone imbalance.  Or just simply gained weight overindulging in football-watching snacks.  Because you know, the wardrobe department on the show freaks out and goes crazy when the actors no longer have the perfect figures they did when first hired.

• Love 1

I hope this isn't the last we see of him, they have more chemistry than Spoby by miles.

I'm not a shipper by any means, but the Dean and Spencer stuff were the highlight for me, which again, says how bad of an episode this was.

I'm guessing the reason Spencer and Dean aren't an official thing yet is because "Spean" or "Dencer" are worse hashtags than Spoby.

"Summer of Answers" has turned into "Summer of Once Again Spinning Wheels." I really wish instead of red herrings and overdramatic romance, we could find out what's up with Melissa, Jenna, Wren, Holbrook, Cece, etc. and maybe solve a few murders while we're at it. There's no way they're going to be able to answer all our questions in the finale, and these episodes have gotten so painfully dull.

• Love 3

I'm waiting for Ian Harding's confession that he has a hormone imbalance.  Or just simply gained weight overindulging in football-watching snacks.  Because you know, the wardrobe department on the show freaks out and goes crazy when the actors no longer have the perfect figures they did when first hired.

OMG that was genius!!!

• Love 1

Doesn't Heather write for Afterellen? What happened? And yes raytch, Heather imo tends to see most every interaction between a man and a woman in terms of power dynamics and patriarchy and sexism. It is what it is but her recaps can still be funny.

• Love 1

Doesn't Heather write for Afterellen? What happened?

She left for Autostraddle.

As for Spencer being a cheater, it's a deeper and older character trait than the Toby stuff: she didn't care about cheating when she hit on Melissa's boyfriends either. For all that the show has been pandering to the Spoby crowd, Spencer has been established from the very start as someone who can go after a guy regardless of relationships, theirs or her own.

• Love 2

Doesn't Heather write for Afterellen? What happened? And yes raytch, Heather imo tends to see most every interaction between a man and a woman in terms of power dynamics and patriarchy and sexism. It is what it is but her recaps can still be funny.

I still think they're hilarious!

But it seems like she's more forward about it seeing men in a black and white lens since the premiere.

She left for Autostraddle.

As for Spencer being a cheater, it's a deeper and older character trait than the Toby stuff: she didn't care about cheating when she hit on Melissa's boyfriends either. For all that the show has been pandering to the Spoby crowd, Spencer has been established from the very start as someone who can go after a guy regardless of relationships, theirs or her own.

Basically, a slut!

Basically, a slut!

No need for that kind of language.

I thought that Spencer poaching her sister's boyfriends was an outgrowth of her trying to compete with and be better than Melissa at everything; their parents' approval, academics, and boys.

• Love 1

No need for that kind of language.

I thought that Spencer poaching her sister's boyfriends was an outgrowth of her trying to compete with and be better than Melissa at everything; their parents' approval, academics, and boys.

Semantics! I was just calling a spade a spade... and let's not forget we're talking about a FICTIONAL character here, shall we? :-)

I always thought Troian's point about people demonizing Spencer verses demonizing the adult men was spot on. But to go even further, she never came on to Melissa's boyfriends. I think she accepted it though because of the competition between her and her sister. 

But she's also always been cool with cheating. 

• Love 4

When she was on the Bros Watch PLL too podcast she says that Spencer has a very strong sex drive that if this show was on HBO she'd be a nymphomaniac.

You'd think it be Emily.  That's an interesting thought:  If this show were on HBO with the same premise, what do you guys think would change in terms of characterization or how dark the story would be?

• Love 1
(edited)
You'd think it be Emily.  That's an interesting thought:  If this show were on HBO with the same premise, what do you guys think would change in terms of characterization or how dark the story would be?

I think we should make a whole thread out of that question.

Right at the top of my head, Hanna's bulimia would have been a lot more overt, stretched for a lot more episodes as A's attack on her would probably have centered on it. Wilden and her would have had hate-sex at some point. Hanna and Ashley wouldn't been the great mother-daughter due they are and would have a relationship more similar to the one in the books. Hanna would be bisexual.

Aria would have had sex with Ezra for the first time in the pilot, when they hooked up in the bathroom.

Alison would have slept with Ian, Ezra and Byron. Same goes for Spencer and Ian and that past "relationship" would probably have explored more.

Toby would really have died after being revealed as A and Spencer would have spent the first half of season 4 as part of the A-team trying to take it down from the inside. She would have to terrorized the other girls to prove she's for real and reach a the point she'd start think she made a terrible mistake, that her plan to protect her friends has backfired and she is as bad as the real A now.

Spencer and Jason would hook up at some point because obligatory incest.

Alison/Emily/Jenna would be the show's love triangle.

After breaking down over finding out Ezra has been writting a book about her and her friends, Aria would join him in exploiting her friends because plot twist and it would be the closet she'd ever get to creating something..

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 1
(edited)

Can someone tell me why, when Spencer asks Hanna to hand her the second pair of fake glasses in Leslie's car, she ends up putting them on upside down? Was that supposed to mean anything? Because if so, it went completely over my head...

Edited by Giuliano Lanzilli

I see the health care industry in Rosewood is just as incompetent as the police and schools.  After 3 weeks in captivity, did NONE of them get x-rays?  a CT scan?  "Oh look, all of them have this dark spot on their x-rays in exactly the  same location.  Must be a smudge on the camera."

I absolutely hate what they're doing with Emily.  She's obsessing about this chick she met 2 weeks ago, to the point of being really creepy.    Also, what the hell was Emily wearing at the beginning?  It looked like a leather apron or leather overalls.  It was seriously distracting, which i guess was a good thing since it kept me from watching the Emily / Sara scenes.

Aria:  So I took a doll of myself and jammed a needle through it's eye for... art.

Ezra:  Totally makes sense.

• Love 1

Can someone tell me why, when Spencer asks Hanna to hand her the second pair of fake glasses in Leslie's car, she ends up putting them on upside down? Was that supposed to mean anything? Because if so, it went completely over my head...

Spencer was just checking to see if all of the glasses had clear non-prescription lenses and they don't need to be right side up for her to determine that, so I think it was just to show that the lenses were pointless. And it's possible Troian did it accidentally and they just kept the take because it didn't really matter which way Spencer was wearing the glasses, they were still going to be fake. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I absolutely hate what they're doing with Emily.  She's obsessing about this chick she met 2 weeks ago, to the point of being really creepy.    

I actually thought Emily’s behavior with Sara was a little inappropriate too. I know she didn’t initiate the kiss but she sure returned it eagerly. Sara is obviously severely traumatized and mentally fragile, and considering she’s been locked away in an underground dungeon since she was 14 or 15 years old, she’s also emotionally stunted because she hasn’t had the chance to progress normally through her teen years.

Emily, while also traumatized by her experience, is mentally and emotionally much more mature than Sara and is in somewhat of an authority role over her because she's been acting as Sara's guide back into reality and Sara sees her as a caretaker and mentor. I don’t want to say Emily is taking advantage of Sara because that clearly wasn’t her intention, she genuinely wants to help the girl while she simultaneously avoids dealing with her own problems, but if she doesn’t put a stop to anything and everything romantic next weak, I’d seriously side-eye her a bit.

If one of the guys had done this to one of the liars, we’d be calling him out for exploiting her during a vulnerable time and being a creep. It's kind of like what Lorenzo is doing with Ali and he has gotten shit for it (deservedly so), but Ali’s at least somewhat removed from her trauma and not nearly as fragile as Sara, but still she's clearly not in the best of places emotionally and Lorenzo is being pushy and annoying. Andrew did the same with Aria last season and pushed himself on her when she was scared and vulnerable (like that time he kissed her when she was crying on the floor in terror in her brother's room), and I remember he got a lot of criticism for doing so.

It’s definitely a weird place to take Emily’s character and I don’t like it. But I'm going to hold out hope that Emily realizes all this next episode and stops making out with Sara and instead gets the girl some real help, because Emily is a good person and only the adult males in Rosewood are supposed to be exploitive creeps.

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 7

What's the Buddy System Hanna mentioned while talking to her mom in the kitchen? And why did Spencer have incompletes in every subject??? Wasn't she, like, a model student or something?

Because she's never at school!

Remember that time Ezra gave her an extended deadline to finish an essay in season 4? SHE STILL HASN'T TURNED IN THAT ESSAY!

• Love 1
(edited)

And how did Hanna know Leslie's car reeks of cinnamon toast? I get that she was trying to seduce the valet, but why point out that detail? After all she only knew the car from the outside... besides, did the valet really not remember never seing Hanna before? Did he not remember Leslie being a redhead?? God that scene made NO sense! PLL has a way of making me feel stupid more often than not, and I gotta keep reminding myself that IT is the stupid one.. -.-

• Love 1

Excuse me... nymphomaniac? The fuck? Having a high sex drive has little to nothing with being nymphomaniac, that is hell of unhealthy thing to be, it has little to nothing with liking having lots of sex and is actually an actual mental issue. I am so glad I didn't see the obligatory "female has high sexual sex-drive, she actually is suffering from a mental illness of sorts, 'cause of course there is no other reason a woman would have a higher than the accepted as the norm in the western society sex-drive".

Sorry for the rant, that just thing just popped up.

• Love 2

Even though this show isn't in HBO, to me anyway it goes further than I would have expected from an ABC family shoe. Granted myonky other ABC family show was Greek and I thought that was a bit much in terms of implications that the shoe did. And then this show happened. I sometimes forget what network its on.

Anyway. Sara is just boring. Lately the summer season are getting pretty lame. Anyone remember the summer of not Maya s cousin Nate.

I think though, had this been on HBO, nymphomaniac could apply to Spencer if the show wanted to take it there. 

Spencer has an addictive personality, to the point where there are problems..she's also not just sleeping with a lot of people, or having a lot of sex with one person..she's doing so where there will clearly be negative consequences (hurting her sister or her partner for example..)

To me, Emily is the character with the high sex drive. She doesn't have an addiction, she just gets what she wants. 

• Love 1

Excuse me... nymphomaniac? The fuck? Having a high sex drive has little to nothing with being nymphomaniac, that is hell of unhealthy thing to be, it has little to nothing with liking having lots of sex and is actually an actual mental issue. I am so glad I didn't see the obligatory "female has high sexual sex-drive, she actually is suffering from a mental illness of sorts, 'cause of course there is no other reason a woman would have a higher than the accepted as the norm in the western society sex-drive".

Sorry for the rant, that just thing just popped up.

That was just a figure of speech, as in "she would want to get laid as often as a nymphomaniac", not "she would be a nymphomaniac with all the psychological implications that that carries with it".

(edited)

Spencer was just checking to see if all of the glasses had clear non-prescription lenses and they don't need to be right side up for her to determine that, so I think it was just to show that the lenses were pointless. And it's possible Troian did it accidentally and they just kept the take because it didn't really matter which way Spencer was wearing the glasses, they were still going to be fake. 

Normally, lenses have a point of focus that is right for you. If you turn them upside down, it gets screwed up. I can't see through my glasses at all if I do it; that's also because the angle at which my eyes meet the lenses is slightly different.

And how did Hanna know Leslie's car reeks of cinnamon toast? I get that she was trying to seduce the valet, but why point out that detail? After all she only knew the car from the outside... besides, did the valet really not remember never seing Hanna before? Did he not remember Leslie being a redhead?

I thought Hanna made up a random detail to prove it's her car, and it was actually quite a Hanna thing to do. The valet probably didn't remember every owner of every car to the point where he was certain he wouldn't make a mistake. Were he wrong, denying her the car would have caused quite a scene. I'm more interested in Hanna returning the car and Leslie asking for the keys to it too. Unsurprisingly, we saw none of that. Out of sight, out of mind, for the PLL writers.

Edited by Crim
  • Love 2

"I'm feeling a little more suspicious of both Clark and Sara this week, since Clark seems to pop in just to make sure Aria's in the right doll-adjacent location at the right time, while Sara finds a lot of pretty lame reasons not to go to Thailand. My mommy's mean! I don't like pho! "

Pho is Vietnamese.

• Love 1

What's the Buddy System Hanna mentioned while talking to her mom in the kitchen? And why did Spencer have incompletes in every subject??? Wasn't she, like, a model student or something?

They missed a lot of school (three weeks?) while they were in the dollhouse and then when they were all supposed to go back to school, Hanna was the only one who actually showed up. The way that many American high school classes are structured for grades, there is daily homework which you get points for (on top of quizzes, tests, and papers) so missing three weeks of school can take you from an A to an F if you have unexcused absences (meaning you aren't allowed to make up the work). When you have excused absences (like for an illness or, you know, being kidnapped by a crazy person), you are allowed to make up the missing assignments but until you turn them all in, your grade is called an incomplete. That means you don't have an actual letter grade in the class yet. The teachers are giving you the opportunity to turn in the missing work before calculating your grade. It can take so long to finish all of it though. If you have one page of homework from each class and you are taking six classes and you were gone for three weeks, that's 90 assignments to make up.

And how did Hanna know Leslie's car reeks of cinnamon toast? I get that she was trying to seduce the valet, but why point out that detail? After all she only knew the car from the outside... besides, did the valet really not remember never seing Hanna before? Did he not remember Leslie being a redhead?? God that scene made NO sense! PLL has a way of making me feel stupid more often than not, and I gotta keep reminding myself that IT is the stupid one.. -.-

I thought Hanna made up a random detail to prove it's her car, and it was actually quite a Hanna thing to do. The valet probably didn't remember every owner of every car to the point where he was certain he wouldn't make a mistake. Were he wrong, denying her the car would have caused quite a scene. I'm more interested in Hanna returning the car and Leslie asking for the keys to it too. Unsurprisingly, we saw none of that. Out of sight, out of mind, for the PLL writers.

ITA that Hanna just made up the cinnamon toast detail to convince the valet that it was really her car. I read a study a few years ago that said liars tend to add more details to make their stories seem believable. As for why the valet didn't specifically remember Lesli vs. Hanna as the driver of that car, people who work in the service industry see hundreds of people every single day and unless there is something really REALLY special or unique about them (or they're total assholes), they all blend together.

• Love 2

They missed a lot of school (three weeks?) while they were in the dollhouse and then when they were all supposed to go back to school, Hanna was the only one who actually showed up. The way that many American high school classes are structured for grades, there is daily homework which you get points for (on top of quizzes, tests, and papers) so missing three weeks of school can take you from an A to an F if you have unexcused absences (meaning you aren't allowed to make up the work). When you have excused absences (like for an illness or, you know, being kidnapped by a crazy person), you are allowed to make up the missing assignments but until you turn them all in, your grade is called an incomplete. That means you don't have an actual letter grade in the class yet. The teachers are giving you the opportunity to turn in the missing work before calculating your grade. It can take so long to finish all of it though. If you have one page of homework from each class and you are taking six classes and you were gone for three weeks, that's 90 assignments to make up.

ITA that Hanna just made up the cinnamon toast detail to convince the valet that it was really her car. I read a study a few years ago that said liars tend to add more details to make their stories seem believable. As for why the valet didn't specifically remember Lesli vs. Hanna as the driver of that car, people who work in the service industry see hundreds of people every single day and unless there is something really REALLY special or unique about them (or they're total assholes), they all blend together.

Thanks a whole bunch!!!

You're welcome! Sadly, I have experience with missing a bunch of school due to illness and having incompletes until I made up the assignments. It is A LOT of work to do at once! And like the PLLs, I returned just before the end of the semester so the teachers, although understanding, wanted me to turn in everything before the semester ended so that they could turn in my final grade along with everyone else's. It doesn't seem too bad when you are doing these assignments on a daily basis but when you have to do them all in a few days, it is a mountain of work. Even if each assignment only takes ten minutes, if you have six classes that's an hour of homework each night after school. But if you have missed three weeks of school, that's fifteen hours of homework. And that's assuming that you have read the books for English/history or kept up on the math/science. It can be really overwhelming to do do that much work in a short amount of time so I feel for them. And I didn't have the additional stress of someone trying to kill me!

• Love 2
You're welcome! Sadly, I have experience with missing a bunch of school due to illness and having incompletes until I made up the assignments. It is A LOT of work to do at once! And like the PLLs, I returned just before the end of the semester so the teachers, although understanding, wanted me to turn in everything before the semester ended so that they could turn in my final grade along with everyone else's. It doesn't seem too bad when you are doing these assignments on a daily basis but when you have to do them all in a few days, it is a mountain of work. Even if each assignment only takes ten minutes, if you have six classes that's an hour of homework each night after school. But if you have missed three weeks of school, that's fifteen hours of homework. And that's assuming that you have read the books for English/history or kept up on the math/science. It can be really overwhelming to do do that much work in a short amount of time so I feel for them. And I didn't have the additional stress of someone trying to kill me!

That's the surprising part about Alison -- she missed two years of school while she was "abducted", and then missed months of school while she was jailed while awaiting trial plus the time she was on trial for the murder of Mona before she was released.  And having seen her jailhouse activities which consisted of ironing and getting assaulted by 'A', I can practically guarantee that she will graduate with the rest of the PLLs.

• Love 2

The whole styling for Ezra this season has been shockingly horrendous. I can't quite figure out what's wrong but it's the same style of  shirt each week. The sleeves are too short maybe? The neckline too high or low? And it definitely gives him moobs. So distracting.

It's actually a really popular shirt/style right now. I've seen that look everywhere.

It'll be interesting to see what Charles cooks up for his birthday.

(edited)

Not trying to go off on a tangent here, but what would the unexcused absences be?

(edited)

It'll be interesting to see what Charles cooks up for his birthday.

Butterscotch and salt water taffy Ali dolls for everyone to take home!

Huge Tippi the bird, and Pepe the dog gingerbread statues.

Masks of Ali's face for everyone to wear over their faces.

A memorabilia wall of all the A messages over the years, with pictures of Emily's shocked face to each one of them.

Edited by raytch
  • Love 3

Butterscotch and salted taffee Ali dolls for everyone to take home!

Huge Tippi the bird, and Pepe the dog gingerbread statues.

Masks of Ali's face for everyone to wear over their faces.

A memorabilia wall of all the A messages over the years, with pictures of Emily's shocked face to each one of them.

OMG XD

(edited)

Raccoons will be serving cheetos.

All the bed buddies will be serving drinks topless and wearing balaclavas. Except for Toby, who will be wearing a du-rag on top his balaclava.

Melissa will do a performance where she smashes masks of her own face for a full hour.

Ezra will read excerpts from his book about the countless times he statutory raped Aria while holding a can of chickpeas. Veronica Hastings will react to this by saying: that is HARROWING. TO WHAT END?

Cece Drake will also perform. She will kill 10 snakes with one mannequin leg.

Noel Kahn will be sitting on a chair covered in a giant white sheet with cut outs for the eyes and a little hole that can only fit a straw to sip drinks.

Jenna will be constantly running for her life in circles from someone trying to set her on fire and drowning her at the same time. 

Chickpeas will be the main ingredient on the menu. Chickpeas pop corn served in empty snow globes bowls. Hummus! Served in broken doll heads. Mini chickpeas burgers served by Lorenzo with a side of bacon.

I could go on with this forever. But for everyone's sake, I'm gonna stop. 

Edited by raytch
  • Love 4

Not trying to go off on a tangent here, but what would the unexcused absences be?

On PLL they would be excused absences and that is why they have incompletes instead of just failing them.  If they were unexcused they likely wouldn't be able to make up the work at all.

(edited)

Unexcused absences usually mean ditching school/cutting class. I am not sure what the Italian equivalent of that is but it really just means unauthorized absences. Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

So Aria feels safe when she's with Ezra? Really show? Are we just going to forget that he stalked her and her friends and even purposely met Aria in the bar that day to get information?!!!  And then wrote her a recommendation for the art internship and she was ok with that? 

Aren't you not supposed to get recommendations for potential jobs from a relative or um someone you had a romantic relationship with?!!! 

When she saw Ezra with Nicole, and retreated sadly, I really wanted her to go to Andrew's house and apologize and talk to him about it. Mainly because I just wanted to see Andrew and his pretty face again. 

Also, isn't have a chip in their necks concrete evidence? Hanna was right, they should give them their heads! Go to the police and hospital, have those chips removed and then have the police (or Caleb) track where they came from. They don't have to implicate Lesli! Just go to the offing police and be like, oh hey guess what, WE HAVE TRACKING CHIPS IMPLANTED IN OUR NECKS. What more evidence do they need. 

• Love 2
(edited)
Just go to the offing police and be like, oh hey guess what, WE HAVE TRACKING CHIPS IMPLANTED IN OUR NECKS. What more evidence do they need.

Evidence for what though? The girls aren't trying to prove anything to police, they're trying to find A! The police knows the girls were kidnapped and the psyco responsible for it is on the loose. Also, the pll have an  ingrained suspicion A is in the police force or at least controls it (after Darren and Garret, how can they not?), so that alone would make them think twice before bringing them any "evidence". If you add to that to the fact that the Rosewood police is extremelly incompent and have falselly arrested them not once but twice, I for one would forever fear they'd interpret whatever "evidence" i've found as a reason to falsely arrest me for the third time. I'd normally agree that if something fishy happens the thing to do is go to the police but NOT in their situation and I think the show has proven over and over and over again why that is.

And yet the "got to the police!!" cries persist season after season. The thing that bothers me is that they don't go to their parents more. That's insane to me. 

So Aria feels safe when she's with Ezra? Really show? Are we just going to forget that he stalked her and her friends and even purposely met Aria in the bar that day to get information?!!!  And then wrote her a recommendation for the art internship and she was ok with that?

Uhg, this. They also tried to make Emily/Sara into a good thing in the same episode, so they were on a roll. That said, after how long Aria dated Ezra and how isolated she was from everybody else during their relationship, it's not unrealistic she'd feel like that. It's deeply unhealthy tho.

I'm waiting for Ian Harding's confession that he has a hormone imbalance.  Or just simply gained weight overindulging in football-watching snacks.  Because you know, the wardrobe department on the show freaks out and goes crazy when the actors no longer have the perfect figures they did when first hired.

*Slow clap*

I have no doubt in my mind that's the reason behind Sasha P. being so scarce this season. They couldn't manage to hide her body enough and decided to hide her all together.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 1
(edited)

They should notify the FBI at this point.

I love how they're so used to A's craziness by now that they're all just like OF COURSE HE CHIPPED US. It's frustrating to see them not do anything about it but really what can they do? He'll always find a way to track them down.

Edited by raytch
  • Love 2
(edited)

And yet the "got to the police!!" cries persist season after season. The thing that bothers me is that they don't go to their parents more. That's insane to me.

The parents have a pretty abysmal track record when it comes to A, to be fair. Of course, if they were allowed to stay in character there would be no show because at least two of the Liars families would have moved by now and Spencer's parents would have hired a small army of bodyguards and investigators. Anyway, since I don't recall the girls planning to murder A if they ever happen to catch him, they need to go to the police or the FBI, the media or the UN (maybe not that last one). In fact, there should have been a media circus in Rosewood following the Dollhouse events, so it should be pretty simple to go to the police and tell them "You don't like this evidence? Let's see what our friends in the media have to say about that". The Rosewood police would be absolutely lambasted in the media if they were to try to arrest the Liars once again.

Basically, the girls have plenty of cards they could play. They could lawyer up and try to force the police do its job. They could try having the media help investigate - "A child abandoned by a rich family comes back to exact revenge" is the kind of story certain journalists would absolutely love. They could try to lead A into a trap. Instead they are just jumping to conclusions and hiding things from possible allies as usual.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 1
(edited)

Benjamin Light and Marco Sparks of Bros Watch Pll, Too, Heather Hogan at Autostraddle, and Jacob Clifton, who did the TWOP recaps have all said something similar about this that really struck a chord with me, and it's something to the effect of - 

The A mystery is a metaphor for the claustrophobia, paranoia, and isolation of being a teenage girl in a patriarchal world, so the fact that they can't (or don't want to) turn to parental/police/authority figures is really about how the experience of teenage girlhood (and growing into adulthood) often includes navigating various sorts of trauma/menace that your parents and authority figures can't understand/save you from, as you realize their fallibility and fragility. It can even isolate you to the extent that you are divided from your friends, but ultimately there's strength in numbers and it is in friendship that you find strength to harness to speak back to that malevolence and violence. And that's why the girls' friendship is ultimately the way out.

So they all say, and I would heartily concur, getting caught up on the detail of "why don't they go to the police/parents" is missing the point.

(I know that's not what you were saying and you were in fact critiquing the police gripe, I just used your quote as a jumping off point for adding this to the discussion.)

Edited by actnormalbitch
  • Love 2

^ I understand this, but the plot now is such a mess that it's ridiculous that they still won't tell anyone and think they can get to the bottom of this on their own.

This said, A isn't exactly closing in on them as he hasn't pulled any stunts since episode 3, they're practically closing in on themselves.

• Love 2