Type keyword(s) to search

The Next Bachelor May Be...

• Start Topic

Ben H. definitely didn't come across as the most exciting personality during Kaitlyn's season but let's face it, they'll just stack the season with a bunch of desperate nutjobs who will happily bring all the drama. And if nothing else, he has to be a better conversationalist than Chris S. and Kaitlyn were - right? At least he seemed like he could carry on a decent conversation in the little bit of interactions between him and Kaitlyn that was shown during the season.

The thing I find interesting about Ben H. is this whole Tenley deal. In the US Weekly article that all but confirmed him as the lead (which solidified it for me because I know the show itself is US Weekly's source), it flatly stated that he and Tenley were spending time together and sort of gave the suggestion of  their dating somewhat. And then it said he put it on hold to agree to be The Bachelor.

I just found that phrasing so odd. Like isn't the whole point of this farce to "find your wife/husband" (yeah, yeah we all know that's bullshit but let's play along) and yet you "put on hold" a relationship that was developing with someone that he must have some interest in if they were spending time together, to go date 25 women and "find his wife?" Well okay then. And I didn't get the "on hold" thing because shouldn't IT have just ended period, since again he's supposedly going there to "find his wife?" Will be interesting to see if Tenley pulls a Nick and shows up. And she was a runner up like Nick too. So maybe she'll be the female version and end up being a two time runner up like him.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3

Like isn't the whole point of this farce to "find your wife/husband" (yeah, yeah we all know that's bullshit but let's play along) and yet you "put on hold" a relationship that was developing with someone that he must have some interest in if they were spending time together, to go date 25 women and "find his wife?" Well okay then. And I didn't get the "on hold" thing because shouldn't have just ended period since again he's supposedly going there to "find his wife?" Will be interesting to see if Tenley pulls a Nick and shows up and she was a runner up like Nick too. So maybe she'll be the female version and end up being a two time runner up like him.

Exactly. The leads are getting increasingly boring as time goes on, but Ben H could be minutely better than Chris S, whom I refused to watch.

But putting a relationship on hold goes against the whole spirit of what this show is allegedly about.

Maybe Tenley will pull a Nick. Or maybe we can fix up Tenley and Nick. Or maybe Tenley can finally, finally, finally date someone who's not affiliated with Bach Nation. (Yeah, like that will ever happen.)

• Love 1

Maybe the whole Tenley thing was just a fakeout to confuse the world about who the new Bachelor would be.

Sooooo glad it isn't Nick--he turned my stomach with his constant foreplay with Kaitlyn so watching him pull that with a whole crop of women every week, and then seeing his little sister have to go through the meet the family a third time with two more women at the end? Just no.

I would have been more than okay with Ben Z but I think Ben H has more to offer. And he talked to a horse, too. I can't wait to see the results of the personal trainer--is that shallow of me?

• Love 3

The thing I find interesting about Ben H. is this whole Tenley deal. In the US Weekly article that all but confirmed him as the lead (which solidified it for me because I know the show itself is US Weekly's source), it flatly stated that he and Tenley were spending time together and sort of gave the suggestion of  their dating somewhat. And then it said he put it on hold to agree to be The Bachelor.

I just found that phrasing so odd. Like isn't the whole point of this farce to "find your wife/husband" (yeah, yeah we all know that's bullshit but let's play along) and yet you "put on hold" a relationship that was developing with someone that he must have some interest in if they were spending time together, to go date 25 women and "find his wife?" Well okay then. And I didn't get the "on hold" thing because shouldn't IT have just ended period, since again he's supposedly going there to "find his wife?" Will be interesting to see if Tenley pulls a Nick and shows up. And she was a runner up like Nick too. So maybe she'll be the female version and end up being a two time runner up like him.

It was probably the case of Ben not being enough into Tenley to give up the six-figure paycheck, travel, and the possibility that he'll like one of the 25 women more. I also wouldn't put it past Tenley to make their "spending time together" sound more serious than it was and Ben was never going to start a relationship with her, Bachelor gig or no Bachelor gig.

Reality Steve confirmed that they had indeed been spending time together and even took a week long trip to Colorado. Also, Tenley wrote about this morning being rough for her so I think it might be in reference to this. Hm...

Tenley is an idiot if she thought Ben was going to give up the Bachelor gig for her after they've only been hanging out for a few weeks. She really needs to date outside of the Bachelor Mafia if she wants a committed relationship.

• Love 5

No huge surprise, as we saw Tenley constantly enable Juelia on BIP, about her relationship with Joe. Tenley was right there, helping Juelia inflate her 3-day "relationship" with Joe into something supposedly profound & meaningful.  I'll bet she's exhausting to be around. 

I hope she doesn't show up for Ben.  I'm sure they'll cast enough crazies for him to fight off!

• Love 2

Yeah, it's like "Bachelor Nation" is a religious cult, and members are not allowed to date anyone not of the same faith.

Well, 19 Kids and Counting has been cancelled, so there's an opening for a restrictive religious cult show....

I guess Ben H will be okay. I find Nick perversely entertaining, though. Watch out if he ever learns to cook and gets on the Food Network's infinite loop of contestant-recycling.

Can Ben H dance? Because we all know where else this could lead.

• Love 1

Yeah, it's like "Bachelor Nation" is a religious cult, and members are not allowed to date anyone not of the same faith.

It's like Scientology but with fewer weepy confessionals about their sex lives.

• Love 3

I wonder if they'll pull a Byron-Mary with 10ley and bring her on about halfway through the season?

I admit I didn't watch that much of the Kaitlyn season because she irked me so much, but I did think Benzie was cute. And it appears Jonathan did the best for himself of any of them now that he's dating Cassandra.

Earlier reference to Mered-ian brought back memories of good times in the virtual hot tub.