Type keyword(s) to search

The Next Bachelor May Be...

• Start Topic

I didn't think he was a dullard. Sure, I prefer men that are funny, always, in all things, and he didn't seem particularly witty...but honestly, no one from Kaitlyn's group was funny - this whole season made me laugh less than any other season in the franchise, which is ironic since she was supposed to be soooo hilarious, and yet, has not even been mildly amusing. At least he's good looking, mature, seems intelligent and kind, didn't make an ass of himself, has a really nice smile, and none of the guys hated him. Considering how ready the guys were to hate each other this year he must be a pretty decent guy to not warrant any jealous snark. I'll take him. Especially over all the other possible options.

• Love 4

I actually just started watching The Bachelor/ette during Chris's season (last season) when applying to grad school as a coping mechanism. I'd never watched a full season of The Bachelorette before Kaitlyn's season but have found myself disappointed, because I actually liked watching Chris's season! I'm not sure if it was the guys or Kaitlyn herself or what, but..... blah. However, out of all the guys, I liked Ben H the best, so I'm excited that he's the next bachelor (possibly). I don't really feel like I got to know any of the guys this season, including Ben, so I'm excited to see what he's actually like. Who knows though!

• Love 1

Seems like a nice and decent person - but who knows?!

Didn't see a lot of chemistry between him and Kaitlyn.

Could be too boring to carry a season - let's hope he has a few skeletons in his closet!

• Love 1

I would be about as excited about the Brady boy as I was about Chris the farmer, which is to say not too. I liked the way the men got along in Emily's season and would not have minded seeing Arie again! Just sayin'.

• Love 2

They couldn't do worse than sleazy Juan Pablo or boring Chris Soules. But I really wish they would quit recycling and get somebody new.

They don't want to risk increase criticism of not getting a minority lead so recycling it is

• Love 2
I will be surprise if he doesn't end up showing his a** as lead of the Bachelor. It always happen.

I was just about to say the exact same thing!  I remember when Juan Pablo was announced as the next Bachelor--I was so excited because I thought he was cute and seemed like a nice guy on the show, well we saw what a catastrophe he turned out to be.  So no I don't get excited for anyone anymore even though I did like Ben on this season.

Well, this will be an easy season to skip. It seems like many like him...he should leave now, while he's on still on top.

Totally agree. I like him now and I'm kind of nervous I won't if he stays on the show.

(edited)

The guy has a job, all his teeth, looks clean. That's about all I expect at this point. They really need to cast a few super kooks to balance it all out. Need more drunks.

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 2

I wouldn't mind JJ being the Bachelor because then I wouldn't be disappointed when he turns out to be a jerk.  I already know he is a jerk.  Plus he has the best crazy faces.

• Love 1

Is this a done deal with Ben H?

Nice kid but might be a dull season - after the outcome of The Bachelorette, I'd like to see Nick get it. He's interesting enough for me to go from thinking he's a con man to a decent guy several times during the two seasons we've seen him.

• Love 2

As a wrong reasons watcher, I don't have a problem with Nick getting the gig as I agree, the potential for DRAMA is there.

Plus him getting it would make Andi, Josh, Kaitlyn and Shawn's heads explode and well that's a good thing for me.

• Love 11
(edited)

The thing is, we were cheated this season of getting to know the Bens and a lot of the other guys because of all the Nick vs Shawn BS. If we HAD, maybe we would have seen more of their personalities. I think a majority of the people are tired of seeing retreads and would look forward to someone not as well known. How pathetic would it be for Nick to fall in love with "the person he wants to spend the rest of his life with" three years in a row.

Edited by Palomar
  • Love 5

I hope its not Nick.  There is something smarmy about him.  Plus all the poseur affect -- the weird speaking style (like, like, like), chucks, skinny jeans, mussed hair and wrist bracelets.   I'm also not sure how much interesting drama he would bring.  His whole act the last two seasons was to be a foil and potential spoiler for the "true-love" winner.  That, at least, allowed us to feel some sympathy for him and somewhat overshadow his poseur vibe.  Front and center Nick?  Especially now that he doubtlessly thinks of himself as a TV Star?  I think he would he come across as overbearingly smug.  I don't want another season of rooting for mass walk-outs. 

• Love 3

I'll still hold out hope (in vain, I know) for Josh Murray 2.0 on my screen.  I just like to watch him.  But I have definitely made my peace with a Ben season, of whichever the producers prefer.  Because it really is all about the writhing mass of hysterical, emotional and ridiculous girls that provide the real entertainment.  The guy is just candy, though I'd still prefer mine Josh Murray flavored!  *LOL*

• Love 1

lol, I thought I was the only one who never got the fascination with Arie. 

I didn't get him, either, though I sort of understood why others might. 

I want the next Bachelor to be Nick, probably because I have a sick sense of humor.

I don't know how to explain Arie. It is odd because after all these seasons there has never been anyone I have been remotely attracted to except him and he is not the best looking guy to have been on the show. He just seems like somebody I would like to have a fun night out with and then a good bang. Okay, I guess that explains it... LOL

• Love 3

I can respect that. But I guess what baffled me most about that shallow reasoning and especially when I remember all the swooning that happened over some of his and Emily's makeouts, is that I always thought Arie was sort of sloppy with his kissing. But as they say, to each his own. Not to mention I don't think I've ever truly been attracted to any Bachelor lead or the male contestants. I tend to go for the more quirky and unconventional types which is why I did like Jef more than season and totally loved Nick during Andi's season but I actually wasn't attracted to either. I just liked them. 

• Love 1

I was also totally in Jef's corner during Emily's season. It's not that I dislike Arie, but I certainly don't find him appealing in any way. Now Nick I actually find somewhat attractive, when he's not acting like a teenaged girl that is. He's definitely more attractive to me than baby face Ben H.

• Love 2

My favorites that I would like to see as Bachelor are Arie, Marquel, and Ames. I realize that the three of them have nothing in common, so I don't know what kind of "type" I have. Yet, they all really stood out to me. Arie isn't really the hottest looking--he's kind of skinny, though he does have a handsome face. But the way he pushed Emily against that wall and kissed her, daaaaaaaamn! He also just had a fun personality. Marquel is just perfect. He is HOT (fanning myself), he's as sweet as the cookies that are his one true love, and I just loved his unique sense of style. Ames would be too smart for the assorted dog lovers and free spirits that this show attracts, but I would still love to see the girls trying to figure out what the hell he's talking about.

• Love 6

Mainstream media seems to be picking up on Nick's interview saying he would consider being the bachelor, coupled with Andy's 180 on him. She now says something like "he's really there to find love." Blah blah blah Right Reasonscakes.

I don't even remember Ben H., and I'm a (very ashamed) huge fan of Nick, so I'd watch the shit out of Nick as bachelor. He's got that train wreck/can't look away factor.

Ben H is on the cover of this wk's US Weekly as the new TB. I cant take any satisfaction out of it since all the strident drivel that Nick 's famewhoring are "clues" that Nick is the new TB drove me insane.

I'm not sure I understand the above comment - Nick's famewhoring took away your joy at Ben H. being the Bachelor? Okay - good for Ben H. but I have a feeling the producers will be casting a couple of nutters to up the drama factor since I just don't see the drama coming from him.

I sure hope US isn't jumping the gun.  Definitely hope that Ben H IS the new Bachelor and all the Nick drama is behind us.  I don't think I could stomach a season about poor sensitive Nick and the two skanks that did him wrong while trying to find love yet again. Maybe he can actually try to find someone the usual way and stop taking leave of absences from work.

• Love 1

Ben's the perfect choice for ABC's latest investment.  He's the "charitable" bachelor with a generous heart and giving nature.  He sponsors poor children!  He goes on mission trips!  He loves his mother!  He's as non-confrontational, unflappable and vanilla as they could possibly want. 

Because he is simply the backdrop for the upcoming parade of young, single hopefuls.  Tortured hair, thick lipstick, tooth-sucking and bandage dresses masquerading as ladies "looking for love".  

It's not about him, it's all about them,  Because one of them will start filming her season next spring, and the cycle continues.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 4

I know nothing about Ben H. because I stopped watching his season as soon as the guys voted for Kaitlyn over Britt, but he's got to be better than smarmy, affected Nick, whom I do not find attractive at all.

My favorites that I would like to see as Bachelor are Arie, Marquel, and Ames. I realize that the three of them have nothing in common, so I don't know what kind of "type" I have. Yet, they all really stood out to me. Arie isn't really the hottest looking--he's kind of skinny, though he does have a handsome face. But the way he pushed Emily against that wall and kissed her, daaaaaaaamn! He also just had a fun personality. Marquel is just perfect. He is HOT (fanning myself), he's as sweet as the cookies that are his one true love, and I just loved his unique sense of style. Ames would be too smart for the assorted dog lovers and free spirits that this show attracts, but I would still love to see the girls trying to figure out what the hell he's talking about.

I still wish they'd cast Arie as The Bachelor instead of Winery Ben. Winery Ben was fugly and he was even worse at kissing than Lobster Sean so I never made it past his first ep. Arie, on the other hand? I agree that he's not really hot but he knows how to kiss and doesn't seem to take himself too seriously. I love the way he acknowledged that he didn't have massive biceps like every other guy in the house but he couldn't have cared less.

Ames would be interesting and fun. I imagine we'd see a lot of "Olive Garden is my favorite Italian restaurant" caliber interactions.

But the hottest bachelor for me so far? Ian McKee from Meredith's season.

• Love 2

A surprise to no one really (or well me). I said the same thing when there was all the talk about Nick as I did last summer when there was talk about Arie. I knew Chris S. was sewn up as soon as Andi's season wrapped and I knew Ben H. was a given. I'll admit he doesn't seem a particularly exciting personality much like Chris but who knows, maybe he's more interesting than it seemed and his personality just got lost among all the Shawn vs. Nick drama of Kaitlyn's season.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

Eh guess I won't be watching next season. Ben H does nothing for me. I was hoping it'd be Ben Z.

Oh who am I kidding. I'll see you guys next season for all the drama - but I still think Ben H is still a snooze ball.

• Love 5