Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Remember those MBTI profiles for the characters floating around? 

These two must be energized by social interaction because, for me, the idea of just attending a con sounds exhausting, I can't even imagine what it'd be like to be the featured guest despite how much money they get, good on them for giving the fans what they want. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
(edited)
42 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:
The quotes are awesome and the arrows under the signatures are way too cute. Has EBR been doing them throughout the con?

This was how she signed mine, so yes :)

ScfHnlit.jpg

12 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I totally thought that dude was her bodyguard but it's her manager.

Her manager was with her at the booth most of the time, but she also had a body guard with her (burly looking guy in a suit) when she walked around. 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 6
(edited)

Stephen when he's enjoying himself vs when he's forcing himself to look like he's enjoying himself... the difference is hilarious lol Stephen really is very transparent about how he feels. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Everyones favorite question came up: Will there be a love triangle between Laurel/Oliver/Felicity next season. EBR/KC are for it and EBR would watch that show but they turn it around to EBR/KC working together.

LOL, I'm not surprised that KC would be up for it because she has never been able to let go of the Oliver/Laurel romance, but I can not for the life of me understand why EBR would think it's a good idea - unless she was just trying to be polite?

• Love 1
(edited)

Did they photoshop him in? Because it looks like it, LOL. I'm glad that KC provided such a wide range of looks from Head Tilt Left to Head Tilt Right. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 4
Just now, strikera0 said:

LOL, I'm not surprised that KC would be up for it because she has never been able to let go of the Oliver/Laurel romance, but I can not for the life of me understand why EBR would think it's a good idea - unless she was just trying to be polite?

I think she (and KC to an extent) know that it wouldn't happen so she doesnt mind entertaining the idea. And she wouldn't have anything to worry about.

2 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Did they photoshop him in? Because it looks like it, LOL. I'm glad that KC provided such a wide range of looks from Head Tilt Left to Head Tilt Right. 

It's his default mode.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

She has to say she's up for it so the Lauriver fans don't attack her and send her more death threats like they did previously.

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Stephen when he's enjoying himself vs when he's forcing himself to look like he's enjoying himself... the difference is hilarious lol Stephen really is very transparent about how he feels. 

I just get an "internally screaming" vibe from him. LOL

• Love 6

Look, EBR knows what's what so she can be gracious and say "sure, let's have a BC/Oliver/Felicity triangle" even if BC just helped Chase kidnap Oliver's kid. I mean, the first version of Laurel had sister-swapping, so I'm sure a little kidnapping and possible death of Oliver's friends and family is just a little hurdle.

• Love 15
59 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

This was how she signed mine, so yes :)

ScfHnlit.jpg

That is soooooo cool! Are you planning on writing about your con experience on the forum? Or did you do it already and I just missed it? I hope you had a great time.

• Love 2

One thing I will say about KC is that she really should go back to being brunette. 

I'm sorry I have so many opinions about everyone's hair. LMAO.

9 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

One thing I will say about KC is that she really should go back to being brunette. 

I'm sorry I have so many opinions about everyone's hair. LMAO.

I agree that she looks better as a brunette. She doesn't look bad as a blonde, but that's a really harsh blonde. I'd say it's straight yellow. It makes her coloring look weird. 

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Yikes that pic does KC no favors. Too much makeup for sure and not a flattering angle at all

Makeup aside,  yikes,  don't forget your sunscreen kids. 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

That is soooooo cool! Are you planning on writing about your con experience on the forum? Or did you do it already and I just missed it? I hope you had a great time.

It was fun! The venue was spacious and pretty and it was very well organized. I'll write it up soon-ish. 

• Love 3

Out of interest, can anyone at the con confirm that EBR was on time to everything this weekend? And Josh, too? 

(edited)

What's sad is that someone (you can guess who's fan) is spreading lies about how Josh/Emily were both late when instead it was just her fave. Spreading lies won't make your fave's unprofessionalism any better! Because I didn't hear a word about either of them being late unless they were finishing up autographs/photo ops. Which is an actual reason for being late than oversleeping.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 12
Just now, Angel12d said:

Out of interest, can anyone at the con confirm that EBR was on time to everything this weekend? And Josh, too? 

Is this about that Katie fan who's claiming they were always late in defence of people saying Katie was. I saw the screen shots. I laugh. And after Emily and Josh said nice things about Katie at the panel too. 

• Love 6
Just now, wonderwall said:

What's sad is that someone (you can guess who's fan) is spreading lies about how Josh/Emily were both late when instead it was just her fave. Spreading lies won't make your fave's unprofessionalism any better!

That's why I was asking. I like receipts. ;)

25 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

That's why I was asking. I like receipts. ;)

@lemotomato who was there told me that on Saturday Emily was finishing up her VIP autographs by 10:30am when she got there, and it started at 9:30 so there's no way she was late on Saturday like this girl complained about. 

Don't listen to her - she's just a liar.

• Love 9
(edited)

I can confirm Josh was at his booth by 1045 on Saturday, which was when I got in. (VIP entry was 930, General admission at 1030) First tweet I saw of Emily at her booth was at 10:40 on Saturday, and I can confirm I saw her at her booth at 11 when I got up there. She had already cleared out her autograph line, so she had obviously been there a while.

And if we're going to play that game, KC was not at her booth when I passed by Josh's booth, who was right next to her.

I can't believe someone would go around lying about petty, stupid stuff like this. A con is supposed to be having fun, ffs.

And while I'm on the topic-- I saw the screenshot accusing Josh of being 3 hours late on Sunday? That's also a lie. He was at Stephen's panel-- the first panel of the day, so he was obviously there on time. And everyone knows that the autograph session times are looser than photo op times. It's pretty much whenever the guest are not doing something else, they'll be at the autograph booth if they want to be. Josh was there all day Saturday and was one of the only ones still there until closing (along with JB and SA). He was there when I left 30 minutes before closing today. Everyone who got to meet him thought he was wonderful, and my biggest regret at this con was that I couldn't because his line was always full. 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

She was also one of the people whining to the Con organizer about people 'lying' about KC.

As far as that goes, EBR fans were trying to say that KC had no one in her line, wouldn't get questions. Both sides just need to calm it down.

21 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I can't believe someone would go around lying about petty, stupid stuff like this. A con is supposed to be having fun, ffs.

Amen.

• Love 2
(edited)

She's mad about people lying about KC so she lies too? That makes sense. ::eyeroll::

And to be fair, when I did see KC at her booth, she had a good sized line. So I don't know what's the point of all of this.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

She's mad about people lying about KC so she lies too? That makes sense. ::eyeroll::

If she is doing an eye for an eye then she needs to take a step back and re-evaluate herself.

• Love 1

To be fair. Wasn't she mad about the fans who posted photographic evidence of the difference in line sizes for Josh and Katie and then persisted to whine to the director that the mean Felicity fans were lying? 

Its all petty and stupid and in poor spirits anyway. Like @lemotomato it should be fun instead of a pissing contest.

2 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

To be fair. Wasn't she mad about the fans who posted photographic evidence of the difference in line sizes for Josh and Katie and then persisted to whine to the director that the mean Felicity fans were lying? 

Its all petty and stupid and in poor spirits anyway. Like @lemotomato it should be fun instead of a pissing contest.

She might have been, but I saw photos that showed plenty of people in the line so I didn't worry. Thank god I am not in the profession to have to deal with either side cause just looking at it from the outside on twitter gets exhausting.

7 hours ago, tv echo said:

"A lot of the things that happen on the show that are ad libs are not recreating lines. But a lot of times the stuff is written, it's written like speeches and not like conversation. Which I think is a - is a commonality through all of television and film."

This is from earlier but it caught my eye because SA put this so oddly... good television and film generally makes you think the characters are real people speaking (looking at Friday Night Lights, for example). I think he inadvertently highlights the weakness of the actual writing in Arrow when he talks about speechifying in scripts vs. conversing in scripts. 

Even other shows where the actors adlib a bit - like Parks and Rec, or Community -- they always give credit to the great writing first of all, and then say that they aren't always successful in improving/adding jokes. I don't know of other dramas where the actors say that they actually ad lib so it won't sound like a speech. 

• Love 10
(edited)
58 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

The moderator apologised for the KC/EBR/JS panel and said it was due to being told to cut the panel short given it started late:

https://mobile.twitter.com/cjsonic/status/868881282138243073

Doesnt explain why he spent more time asking Katie questions but fair enough.

He responded to somebody saying he asked all three guests 2 questions each. The tweets I've been seeing said most of the questions were comic book-y and for KC. I don't know if those overlap. Can anyone clarify?

Capture.PNG

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
6 minutes ago, popgoesculture said:

This is from earlier but it caught my eye because SA put this so oddly... good television and film generally makes you think the characters are real people speaking (looking at Friday Night Lights, for example). I think he inadvertently highlights the weakness of the actual writing in Arrow when he talks about speechifying in scripts vs. conversing in scripts. 

Even other shows where the actors adlib a bit - like Parks and Rec, or Community -- they always give credit to the great writing first of all, and then say that they aren't always successful in improving/adding jokes. I don't know of other dramas where the actors say that they actually ad lib so it won't sound like a speech. 

He should work for Matthew Weiner (Mad Men creator) who I heard is detailed basically down to the general movement and the actors say line for line when it comes to the script.

7 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

He should work for Matthew Weiner (Mad Men creator) who I heard is detailed basically down to the general movement and the actors say line for line when it comes to the script.

Yup. This just wouldn't work on other shows or films, where the writers are particularly adept. So many shows have a distinct voice even if they don't speak like someone you know -- like Justified, for example, which uses Elmore Leonard's style of writing (more taciturn, pithy, etc.) while a Shonda Rhimes show has those long monologues that always have a distinct cadence and rhythm. It takes you into that world, even if it's not "realistic." Arrow's biggest issue is the writing, and SA just continually calls attention to that in interviews/cons/etc. when he discusses adlibbing, and it always amuses me. 

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, popgoesculture said:

I agree with your post overall that there is definitely some really stilted dialogue but I'm not sure it's fair to compare shows like P&R with most people from improv backgrounds and actors who also write with a show like Arrow. I couldn't imagine anyone on Arrow accomplishing Patton Oswalt's infamous 7 minute adlibbed Star Wars monologue. 

There is a post in the episode thread that transcribes the incredibly awkward use of "my son" from the finale. It really grabs me out of the episode, like sometimes they speak so formally it's like they are visiting from PBS so I could understand if the actors are trying to make it more casual because who apologizes for their presumption while breaking up with someone? 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

There is a post in the episode thread that transcribes the incredibly awkward use of "my son" from the finale. It really grabs me out of the episode, like sometimes they speak so formally it's like they are visiting from PBS so I could understand if the actors are trying to make it more casual because who apologisez for their presumption while breaking up with someone? 

I'm definitely a fan of when the actors adlib on Arrow. I think it's usually more effective (although not always). Looking at EBR and SA's scenes versus the sides, for example, I can see where the actors definitely finessed and made the scene stronger, whether with their words or their bodies or both. 

I didn't mean to compare the Arrow actors to Parks and Rec actors in terms of their ability to adlib -- because yes, the comedy genius in that show is great -- but I just wanted to point out that SA himself calls attention to the weakness of the scripts (and the myson usage in the finale is a great example). I don't think, however, that all shows and films write speeches and not conversations, as SA says. That's a weakness of Arrow writing where it takes me out of my enjoyment of the show. And for me, I can even see other comic book-based shows that aren't the Berlanti-verse that utilize dialogue far more effectively, like Jessica Jones. The dialogue on that show doesn't break me out of the world it creates, and I've never heard the actors talk to the same degree about adlibbing as a way of improving the actual dialogue (versus say, offering just an alternative joke or movement or whatever). 

• Love 5
(edited)

@popgoesculture, I misunderstood your initial post, I am in complete agreement with you that's it odd to have the lead talk about adlibbing so much. It definitely improves a lot of Arrow scenes but it also can work against them because I don't see Oliver Queen using "so there" which seemed like an actor adlib to me. 

My P&R comment was more that there was more overlap between the actors/writers and that show has space for adlibbing so the actors wouldn't comment about it as it's just natural to the show.

I also just remembered Felicity's crack about Diggle needing an "illegitimate" child to be like Oliver and recall thinking what twenty something would use illegitimate in that context in casual conversation. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2