Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

13 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

The Great Mouse Detective AND Black Mirror? EBR has excellent taste. 

How did SA NOT know the Great Mouse Detective? Cute snippet. I didn't realize that so many of Arrowverse people were involved in Sidekick.

I never thought I'd see SA and EBR in a facebook live video together. LOL. But that was fun. They have such easy chemistry. I laughed when EBR was given the SOTY award and she was like "You can kill someone with this!" and SA cackled. Haha. 

1 minute ago, GirlvsTV said:

That was very enjoyable. It's easy to see why O/F gel so well on screen. Give the timing though, it does make me think 

Hide contents

the next ep is likely a tolal Olicity dumpster fire, lol.

Well no... Stephen was supporting Emily's new short movie. 

I mean it could be a dumpster fire. But I highly doubt this is why they did it...

• Love 6

Sorry, I can't help but get comfy over here in my conspiracy corner. *shrug*

ETA: Except for rare circumstances these two have become nearly allergic to being photographed together. Also, they won SOTY the previous year and all we got was a grainy phone video, like 10 months later. So yeah, given the current state of the ratings, lack of buzz and the sense of dissatisfaction in the fandom I find the timing of the video interesting.

Edited by GirlvsTV
  • Love 19
11 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Well no... Stephen was supporting Emily's new short movie.

Sure (and it is nice of him) but the SOTY award doesn't have anything to do with the movie. 

It could be a coincidence but I get why people would be suspicious. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

Sure (and it is nice of him) but the SOTY award doesn't have anything to do with the movie. 

It could be a coincidence but I get why people would be suspicious. 

They also talked about Survivor for 5 minutes. I highly doubt they were promoting Survivor? 

SOTY was there because Emily has never seen it and it was clear from her reaction. Maybe he wanted to share it with her because... well... she's half of the ship. Just like last year Stephen video taped Emily opening up the Blue Jays jersey with Smoak on the back. So it's not like he hasn't done this sort of thing before. 

• Love 7

I honestly don't know if that was an agenda-driven video, but I do know two things:

The first is that

Spoiler

I couldn't care less if Oliver sleeps with the reporter next ep 

The second? I enjoyed the hell out of that FB live regardless. Yay.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 19
12 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I honestly don't know if that was an agenda-driven video, but I do know two things:

The first is that

Reveal hidden contents

You're giving me 309 feels ok. This shouldn't be allowed

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

The first is that

Reveal hidden contents

SAAAAME. I expect agenda WAS at play. They know the fandom is hurting. Whether someone else suggested they do something or they thought it a good idea themselves, I appreciate that they wanted to cheer us up. I know I feel cheered. 

And I totally agree about your hidden content there... couldn't care less. 

I loved the vid so much, nothing will take away from that. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GirlvsTV said:

Sorry, I can't help but get comfy over here in my conspiracy corner. *shrug*

ETA: Except for rare circumstances these two have become nearly allergic to being photographed together. Also, they won SOTY the previous year and all we got was a grainy phone video, like 10 months later. So yeah, given the current state of the ratings, lack of buzz and the sense of dissatisfaction in the fandom I find the timing of the video interesting.

He posted the video of him giving EBR a jersey for her birthday while they were filming 403, and EBR posted a selfie of her and SA when filming 409. Sometimes a video is just a video.

In this case, it seems like they had time to do one to promote her movie and give SA a chance to play with his new camera setup. (SOTY got mentioned because SA said they had just shipped him the trophy 2 days ago and it happened to be there) It was cute like all the other videos they shot together and it's nice to see the camaraderie off set. I would think that after 5 years working with the same people you'll either be good friends or hate each other's guts, and I'm glad that it looks like the former for them.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 10

They also did the jeopardy video. 

I don't care if it's agenda based. I would even take it as a compliment if it was. 

The video was a lot of fun. I loved them joking about the trophy. I've never watched an Ep of Survivor but I enjoyed them talking about it.

Anyone else laugh at "kids can derail everything" and "don't call it rebirth"? 

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, fangirlforever320 said:

And I totally agree about your hidden content there... couldn't care less. 

I only care in the sense that 

Spoiler

If he does, god what a moron. But he's repeatedly proven he is a moron and I love him anyway, so...whatever I guess.

13 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I would think that after 5 years working with the same people you'll either be good friends or hate each other's guts, and I'm glad that it looks like the latter for them.

Wait did you mean the former?

That was adorable.   I love that the casts are friends in real life because that is awesome.   and I enjoy it when cast mates get along .   Em and Stephen have great chemistry they can't even try to dim that.   it's impossible. 

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I only care in the sense that 

Hide contents

If he does, god what a moron. But he's repeatedly proven he is a moron and I love him anyway, so...whatever I guess.

I mean... TRUE STORY... personally, I'm kinda hoping to see him go "you know what? NO." But I'm not gonna hold my breath either. 

• Love 1

They are so cute and easy with each other. Wait, are we fighting? -... Not yet. That shirt is also one of the pieces of EBR's clothing I actually enjoy.

And I agree with both SA and EBR about the trophy. Yeah, let's put it on set and then have a character clock someone with it. :)

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 6

They're so cute. You can tell they're friends with history and private jokes. I sometimes forget how young Emily really is, and then I see something like this video. @Chaser I nearly fell off the couch laughing when SA mentioned how "sometimes kids derail everything" after praising the kid in Sidekick. I seriously thought of "William." Also, "not rebirth!" That one sounded like an ongoing joke from the way they were laughing.

tumblr_ofshxrzs2A1rge6ixo1_500.gif

tumblr_ofshxrzs2A1rge6ixo2_500.gif 

tumblr_ofshxrzs2A1rge6ixo4_500.gif

tumblr_ofshxrzs2A1rge6ixo6_500.gif

tumblr_ofshxrzs2A1rge6ixo7_500.gif

More GIFS from this tumblr blog by songbin

• Love 15

Youtube version of SA & EBR in SA facebook video chat on Oct. 28 (about 15 minutes)...

-- Beth Schwartz had an uncredited cameo in Sidekick.
-- Sidekick used same hospital set used on Arrow. Only one hospital in Star City.
-- EBR and Fanta are writing something.
-- SA and EBR can't go on Survivor because they're Canadian.  SA would like to do Amazing Race and Survivor.
-- They never received last year's MTV Ship of the Year Award statue.
-- EBR will keep the 2016 MTV Ship of the Year Award statue, although SA suggested hiding it in one of the sets.
-- SA asked if she was enjoying S5 so far, and EBR replied that she thought it was "one of our best."  SA: "Me too. I feel a renaissance, a rejuvenation..." EBR interjected, "A rebirth." SA: "No, not a rebirth. But a hop in everyone's step, that's for sure."
-- SA: "Want to spoil anything?" (Long pause) SA: "The answer is 'no.'" EBR: "Oh! I don't know. Sometimes you trip me and put me in a corner." (Laughs) SA: "No one puts EmBett in a corner." EBR: "No, they put me in comfy chairs." SA: "That's true. You're welcome for that. Both of my legs have fallen asleep." EBR: "You are too big for that chair." (Then they high-fived.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, tv echo said:

Does RG not know that EBR is in this short film? ...

And yet another reason for me to side eye RG.  Either he didn't bother to learn anything about the project (let alone watch it) but still wanted to make it seem like he cared or it's deliberate choice to not publicly offer congrats to EBR.   Either way earns him zero points from me.  

Edited.  Looked at his twitter and earlier he did retweet a request that included @ messages to TC and EBR suggesting people check out the trailer but nothing once the short actually came out.  So he knows.  

Just reinforces my impression that the actor is only really interested in promoting himself.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

Well:

1. Does he think or does he know?  
  2. Does he assume the people who watch the show also look for his thoughts in interviews because they aren't                seeing what he is selling? 
  3. What was the question and why does he feel the need to answer?  
  4. I am reacting with quite some bitterness these days when I read stuff like this. 
Edited by Belinea
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Belinea said:

Well:

1. Does he think or does he know?  
  2. Does he assume the people who watch the show also look for his thoughts in interviews because they aren't                seeing what he is selling? 
  3. What was the question and why does he feel the need to answer?  
  4. I am reacting with quite some bitterness these days when I read stuff like this. 

Question was "will Olicity get back together" then Stephen responded and said "I don't know, I just read the scripts" and with a grin looks over at Greg and then Greg responded as such. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Question was "will Olicity get back together" then Stephen responded and said "I don't know, I just read the scripts" and with a grin looks over at Greg and then Greg responded as such. 

Context is key. ;)  And of course Stephen knows. Remember when he said he didn't know if Olicity would get together in season 3 and then after the finale told us he'd known about the drive into the sunset for a whole year? Lying liar who lies. ;) He just wants to keep us guessing. Greg's answer actually made me feel a lot better about a lot of things. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, fangirlforever320 said:

Context is key. ;)  And of course Stephen knows. Remember when he said he didn't know if Olicity would get together in season 3 and then after the finale told us he'd known about the drive into the sunset for a whole year? Lying liar who lies. ;) He just wants to keep us guessing. Greg's answer actually made me feel a lot better about a lot of things. 

Oh yes definitely. Remember how in Paley Fest they were like Felicity and Ray 5ever when a day before they filmed the 3x20 scene.

• Love 1
Just now, Cleanqueen said:

Oh yes definitely. Remember how in Paley Fest they were like Felicity and Ray 5ever when a day before they filmed the 3x20 scene.

I do remember that! You can't really trust them when they say they don't know. I never believed them when they said they didn't know who was dying last season. If I was able to figure out it was LL so early on, safe bet they knew too. 

• Love 3

I posted videos and articles from yesterday's EW PopFest in the Mind Your Surroundings thread (pages 215-216) because that panel included GB, SA, GG, MB and CL, so a lot of the discussion was across the Arrowverse.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1