Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

25 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Meh... Chico probably told him to pimp them out. I've never seen Stephen say something like this about a journo. It was a strange mention and honestly I don't even know if he reads those reviews or if he takes the time to actually know how much of a jackass this guy is considering much of what he does is in the background. 

Meh...I still don't like it. Even if he was asked, and it's pretty likely that he was, he should be more aware of what/who he's promoting.

She thinks it was politics that she was chosen to be in the grave.

Laurels death most likely was due to politics. The error writers love Emily. The Flash writers love Katie.

Politics? What is she implying?  Did she really say/imply that the Arrow writers killed her off because of Emily or was that that person's interpretation?

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Anyway ....

Sure, blame "politics" and not the fact that her refusal to evolve with the show got her character written into a corner and rendered expendable in the show's narrative.  The delusion is real, y'all. 

• Love 17

I think what she mentioned about filming the courtroom scenes could lead to misinterpretation. She said 'right before' and everyone thought she was on set or something, then she said that she was at HVFF. so I guess maybe she keeps referring to those scenes simply because they were the first she shot after she found out? IdK

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, looptab said:

I think what she mentioned about filming the courtroom scenes could lead to misinterpretation. She said 'right before' and everyone thought she was on set or something, then she said that she was at HVFF. so I guess maybe she keeps referring to those scenes simply because they were the first she shot after she found out? IdK

If that's what she meant, then that was some real crafty wordplay on her part. A+ Katie!

Just now, Velocity23 said:

Didnt she miss the Saturday at the con and was still in New York and couldnt get to New Jersey till Sunday?

Yes. Stephen mentioned how she found out the night before and then how awesome she was for coming to the con the next day.

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

If that's what she meant, then that was some real crafty wordplay on her part. A+ Katie!

Doesn't happen everyday :) Honestly though, I just feel super proud of myself everytime I get 10% of what she'saying.

Haha, I'm gonna fanwank KC having two stories as being both true -- she got told over the phone during the weekend while she was at HVFF, AND THEN she had the meeting face to face with Guggie and Wendy, who were in Vancouver the Tuesday right after HVFF:

• Love 7

KC needs to get her stories straight because she's only looking dumb for saying one thing once and then changing it for another. And saying it was 'politics' and even remotely implying it was because of EBR, her supposed 'friend,' does not endear me to her. AT ALL.

8 minutes ago, looptab said:

Doesn't happen everyday :) Honestly though, I just feel super proud of myself everytime I get 10% of what she'saying.

She should've stuck with that story. Seems like it's technically true, while also painting her as a consummate professional who went and filmed her scenes right away after getting some upsetting news. 

• Love 2

I can take "politics" if it means "economics". Her contract was with CW-CBS, so technically from WB/Berlanti's pov, she was a free actor. That contract ended. Renewal meant WB would now have to pick up the bill. Keeping her as an Arrow regular meant a high base salary + 5 years of raises and bonuses. LOTS OF MONIES. They didn't go for that, so WB OKed Laurel being in the grave.

New DCTV regular contract doesn't take previous contract into account, because she's not being paid the regular for 23-episodes w/ 5 years of bonuses kind of money anymore, and is much much MUCH cheaper for the studio.

• Love 21

KC needs to get her stories straight because she's only looking dumb for saying one thing once and then changing it for another. And saying it was 'politics' and even remotely implying it was because of EBR, her supposed 'friend,' does not endear me to her. AT ALL.

I don't really care about the stories - @looptab's and @dtissagirl's explanations/fanwanks make sense. *shrug* So whatever.  But I'm not having a good day and the "politics" thing is really annoying me. :(  I have generally tried not to let my dislike for the character flow over to the actress herself, whatever I may think of her acting and some of her more LOL-worthy comments.  But for some reason this is really irritating me.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I can take "politics" if it means "economics". Her contract was with CW-CBS, so technically from WB/Berlanti's pov, she was a free actor. That contract ended. Renewal meant WB would now have to pick up the bill. Keeping her as an Arrow regular meant a high base salary + 5 years of raises and bonuses. LOTS OF MONIES. They didn't go for that, so WB OKed Laurel being in the grave.

New DCTV regular contract doesn't take previous contract into account, because she's not being paid the regular for 23-episodes w/ 5 years of bonuses kind of money anymore, and is much much MUCH cheaper for the studio.

This is really interesting information, and very likely could be true, but the fact that she brought The Flash writers into it makes her comments come off that it was personal and a matter of how much individuals did or did not like her. Also, a lot of people claim that the Flash writers are better because they stick to comics, so she may be playing up how she's aligned with that viewpoint. 

• Love 3

I remember this version: The EP's wanted to talk to her and she didn't want to wait until after the weekend and asked them to tell her on the phone.

re politics:  Wasn't it just a couple of weeks ago something like "It's hard but I understand. It moves the other characters forward..."  That's quite a change in tone. But if this is the start of something... I am ready for the show, cast and crew to air all the dirty laundry BTS-stuff they've been sitting on for the last 4 years. Feel free to tell us everything!

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

This is really interesting information, and very likely could be true, but the fact that she brought The Flash writers into it makes her comments come off that it was personal and a matter of how much individuals did or did not like her. Also, a lot of people claim that the Flash writers are better because they stick to comics, so she may be playing up how she's aligned with that viewpoint. 

I'm not sure even KC would outright say 'The error writers like Emily and The Flash writers like Katie' so I'm guessing that comment was the from the person tweeting the info. Either way the whole politics answer is badly done. Get some interview training, KC. JFC.

3 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

but the fact that she brought The Flash writers into it makes her comments come off that it was personal and a matter of how much individuals did or did not like her. 

Did she do that, or was that "Michael"'s interpretation/inference?  Because if she actually said that? Wow.  

31 minutes ago, looptab said:

I don't know where this belief that the Flash writers love Laurel comes from, haha.

Because she's a meta there, has the proper Canary Cry, is supposedly the BC they all deserve. IDK. She's also a villain too. But okay. Haha. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Guest

...also, didn't Caitlin say something like: "We didn't just know her. We loved her..." about Laurel.  I don't even remember seeing Caitlin talk to Laurel before, but I guess the Flash team loves Laurel...

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Velocity23 said:

Anyway ....

The tie between the network/show will never be cut as long as Suzanne is involved. She is besties with Craig. Everybody involved with the show uses their links to begin with. And i dont doubt he was prompted to promote the site.

Does anyone know whose recap that is? It doesn't seem like this Michael guy was actually there, he was just putting his own spin on the report. I doubt KC brought up Emily, but even calling it 'politics' seems in poor taste. The implication is there is some back door dealing going on. I have no doubt BTS influenced the decision but pointing it out doesn't look great. Maybe the longer she goes with out a phone call, the more bitter she is getting. I would love for her to go off. Oh the entertainment!

• Love 3

As long as she is under WB contract i dont think she would dare. Because i could imagine there are some BTS things that would not benifit her if word got out. Its never a good idea to piss the big boss.

Its not like she came out with the story when she was let go and spilled what happened. Instead she got another WB deal in limited capacity. If she will start trouble i bet there will be some leaks from WB side.

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 1

Yeah, as long as she's getting paid she's not gonna say something overt. Just little digs here and there that she can get away with, just like before. But man, what I would sacrifice to the TV gods for KC to forget herself and slip up! Even more entertaining would be to see how Chico spins it ;)

• Love 5

I don't think SA's commentary on the reviews matters all that much. The admin of that site is friends with Suzanne Gomez, so it's not like he's going to say something negative about the site, and most of the gross/questionable things happen outside of episode reviews which...who knows if he sees that stuff. But again, I'm not sure it matters, because PR person for the show continues to give them exclusives, and what can he do? 

• Love 5

Holy crap, that pic of Emily and Colton is all manner of hot and sexy.

The idea that Arrow writers killed off Laurel for Felicity/Emily makes ZERO sense. There is no logic in that notion.  Felicity was never going to be the Black Canary. Felicity got the love interest role. Sure in the comics Laurel was BC and love interest but that was clearly not going to happen on Arrow. So really there was a place for both Emily and Katie. 

• Love 3

Clearly Katie was never able to let go of the fact that Laurel was supposed to be Oliver's main love interest, as evidenced by her own statements about her discussions with MG on the subject.  (And I have to wonder if there was some subtle shade in his statements during the post-death interviews that Katie understood her character better than anyone else.)  Even though she did get to be Black Canary eventually (at Sara's expense), it feels like it still rankles her that she got pushed out of the love interest spot.  And I think that as long as she was still on the show she was never going to let go of the Oliver/Laurel soulmates narrative, or let go of the idea, delusional as it might have been, that they would eventually put them back together.  So...I don't know.  Maybe to her it does feel like she got fired because of Olicity.   It's not the way see it, obviously, but she seems to get tunnel vision on some things, and maybe that's what it looks like to her. *shrugs* (I'm feeling slightly more charitable at the moment than I was this morning, but only slightly - lol.)

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Clearly Katie was never able to let go of the fact that Laurel was supposed to be Oliver's main love interest, as evidenced by her own statements about her discussions with MG on the subject.  (And I have to wonder if there was some subtle shade in his statements during the post-death interviews that Katie understood her character better than anyone else.)  Even though she did get to be Black Canary eventually (at Sara's expense), it feels like it still rankles her that she got pushed out of the love interest spot.  And I think that as long as she was still on the show she was never going to let go of the Oliver/Laurel soulmates narrative, or let go of the idea, delusional as it might have been, that they would eventually put them back together.  So...I don't know.  Maybe to her it does feel like she got fired because of Olicity.   It's not the way see it, obviously, but she seems to get tunnel vision on some things, and maybe that's what it looks like to her. *shrugs* (I'm feeling slightly more charitable at the moment than I was this morning, but only slightly - lol.)

I can see that. And that tells me that she must have valued being a love interest more than being the BC which given the choice you'd think BC would come first.