Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Just now, Tazmania said:

Oh people on twitter refer to him quite openly as fratboy dudebro. If I recall correctly, one of his die hard fans picked a fight with someone calling him dudebro ... It was quite entertaining. More entertaining than the show tbh. 

Fan talk alert!

30 minutes ago, kismet said:

Thanks @way2interested, I couldn't remember when the souffle leaked, but I loved it.

On another note I just saw this winner of GIF from Mindy hit my twitter feed which basically sums up how I feel about SA a lot of the times...

tumblr_inline_n1yw4h7gKc1ruekxg.gif

Sad thing? that is how I feel about some of the guys i've shortly dated.. that is why we shortly dated.

(edited)

After reading an article about where kids' pics taken from Facebook ended up I'm baffled SA shares everything about his kid, even a video where she is naked. Especially because he can reach millions of people and the more people the greater the risk. Setting some boundaries wouldn't be a bad thing.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 3

JB at Montreal Comic Con this past weekend (his panel was cancelled, he explains threatening e-mail)...

John Barrowman Montreal Je t'aime | ARROW

John Barrowman Thanks Montreal | ARROW

• Love 2

MB and SG at Montreal Comic Con this past weekend (in first video, SG 'saves' MB; in second video, MB talks Slade Wilson & SA)...

Manu Bennett and Summer Glau - The end of Montreal Comiccon 2016
Published on Jul 10, 2016, by cathy chan

Manu Bennett at Montreal Comiccon 2016
Published on Jul 9, 2016, by Mtlcomiccon

(edited)

SDCC 2016 - here are the days/times (PST) for all panels that include (or might include) Flarrow cast or crew, or Flarrow-related news...

THURSDAY, JULY 21: 

11:00am - The 4th Annual Musical Anatomy of a Superhero
(behind-the-scenes look at the music of today's biggest superhero film and TV projects with unreleased film clips and never before heard music, panelists include Blake Neely (Arrow, Flash, Supergirl))

11:30am - DC All Access: No Boundaries
(what's new and upcoming from across the Digital spectrum to the world of DC Rebirth)

1:00pm - The Nerdist Panel with Chris Hardwick
(surprise guests)

FRIDAY, JULY 22:

10:30am - Intro to TV Writing
(panelists include Beth Schwartz (Arrow) according to this tweet)

4:15pm - TV Guide Magazine's Fan Favorites
(tv show panelists not identified, moderated by Damian Holbrook)

8:30pm - Romance in Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
(award-winning bestselling authors and actors discuss romance in science fiction, fantasy and horror, panelists include Katrina Law (Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow))

SATURDAY, JULY 23:

11:00am - Dressing the Characters: The Designers Behind the Costumes
(panelists include Kiersten Ronning (Supergirl))

3:30pm - Supergirl Special Video Presentation and Q&A
(panelists not identified)

3:30pm - Doctor Who and Torchwood Comics 
(panelists include John Barrowman and Carole E. Barrowman)

4:15pm - DC's Legends of Tomorrow Special Video Presentation and Q&A

4:30pm - Entertainment Weekly: Women Who Kick Ass
(Morena Baccarin (Gotham), Melissa Benoist (Supergirl), Lucy Lawless (Ash vs Evil Dead), Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black) and Connie Nielsen (Wonder Woman))

5:00pm - The Flash Special Video Presentation and Q&A

5:30pm - DC Rebirth: Behind the Scenes
(inside scoop and all the secrets from some of the industry's most creative and influential people)

5:45pm - Arrow Special Video Presentation and Q&A

7:00pm - Kevin Smith

SUNDAY, JULY 24:

12:30pm - FOX's Action Showcase: Prison Break and 24: Legacy
(panelists include Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell and Robert Knepper)

2:00pm - Anything Goes with John Barrowman

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Nerd HQ (with Zachary Levi) is scheduled to run concurrently with SDCC 2016 - something else to look for, in the event SA and/or other Arrow actors appear (I believe SA tweeted that he was doing Nerd HQ?)...

Nerd HQ is a FREE, four day event held the same weekend as the annual pop culture convention and offers exclusive gaming and tech activations, nightly events, and intimate celebrity panels benefiting Operation Smile. The event is scheduled to be held July 21-24, 2016 at The New Children’s Museum in downtown San Diego, California. 

Their "Conversations for a Cause" guest schedule has not yet been posted, but should be out any day now (go to Conversation Schedule link at top of page)...
http://registration.thenerdmachine.com/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

The memory of the supposedly amazing dailies between Oliver and baby mama is still too fresh, hahaha.

Amen. I still remember them tweeting about "the feels."

Of severe nausea, sure.

• Love 7

Do you think that Blake will incorporate some of his shooting experience into his musical scores? I would love if somehow he was able to capture some of it into the music. Shooting a bow and arrow does create some cool sounds.

• Love 4
(edited)

This video, featuring lots of scenes from past Arrow episodes, is visually stunning - yes, it even includes the Olicity sex scene and yin/yang kiss (Robson is Arrow's cinematographer) - it makes the show look like a theatrical movie...

Corey Robson Cinematography Showreel 2016
Posted 1 month ago by Corey Robson
https://vimeo.com/167999022?ref=tw-share 

Here's the youtube version (altho' the above linked vimeo video is better quality):

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5
(edited)

Take note, though. He didn't say or hashtag Olicity. He said "your OTP." Fans are assuming he means Olicity, but he's still being a jerk. I'll give you a tweet about Ship of the Year, but I'm not gonna hashtag it or mention the ship name. *rme*

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
say, not sat :P
  • Love 4

I think this time it wasn't a matter of selling what's happening or not happening on the show, just showing support to the fans that support everything he does. It's not like winning or losing has any impact on the show but it would make the fans happy. 

• Love 4
(edited)
11 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Take note, though. He didn't say or hashtag Olicity. He said "your OTP." Fans are assuming he means Olicity, but he's still being a jerk. I'll give you a tweet about Ship of the Year, but I'm not gonna hashtag it or mention the ship name. *rme*

His tweet includes the language on the actual post for the votes - he didn't write it. Seems to me based on his FB post that he clearly means for people to vote for Oliver and Felicity.

This is a pretty big reach to criticize him IMO.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 18
12 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I have a feeling Chico is a LL stan lol

Didn't we know this already? LOL.

I'm still scratching my head over why Blindspot got a cover. 

4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Didn't we know this already? LOL.

I'm still scratching my head over why Blindspot got a cover. 

It's like an SAT question...which one doesn't belong? What is the pattern? All Berlanti shows? Nope, SPN. All CW shows? Nope, Blindspot. All superhero shows, nope, SPN and Blindspot. What is the commonality?

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

It's like an SAT question...which one doesn't belong? What is the pattern? All Berlanti shows? Nope, SPN. All CW shows? Nope, Blindspot. All superhero shows, nope, SPN and Blindspot. What is the commonality?

Which names were drawn out from the hat?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, wonderwall said:

This is my most favorite Steve response  of ALL TIME. LMFAO

What was this in response to?

Seriously, I absolutely love that song. It felt like a transitional song from youth to adulthood. So I hope he used it for something special. Please tell me he is not associating himself with Dr. Dre. They are miles apart on talent & influence levels.

4 minutes ago, kismet said:

What was this in response to?

Seriously, I absolutely love that song. It felt like a transitional song from youth to adulthood. So I hope he used it for something special. Please tell me he is not associating himself with Dr. Dre. They are miles apart on talent & influence levels.

It's the link posted in that tweet. TV Guide posted pictures of their 4 comic con magazine covers, 2 of which were Flash and Supergirl, and none for Arrow. They forgot about Arrow. LOL.

Thanks @Angel12d & @Chaser. I guess I'm missing the connection besides just literally the forgetting part. Arrow is no Dr. Dre, but that's a whole other conversation not really worth having. Arrow is good show and a trendsetter. Dr. Dre is a groundbreaking pioneer. End of story. I'm missing SA's logic, then again that seems to happen a lot with SA and his social media prowess or lack thereof.

(edited)
14 minutes ago, kismet said:

Thanks @Angel12d & @Chaser. I guess I'm missing the connection besides just literally the forgetting part. Arrow is no Dr. Dre, but that's a whole other conversation not really worth having. Arrow is good show and a trendsetter. Dr. Dre is a groundbreaking pioneer. End of story. I'm missing SA's logic, then again that seems to happen a lot with SA and his social media prowess or lack thereof.

I think you're missing the point. Stephen wasn't seriously making a connection between Dr. Dre and Arrow whatsoever. That video was just a reaction. Just like how people use emojis are reactions or gifs are reactions. 

It was a tongue in cheek way of shading TVGuide for not including Arrow.

I think that response was hilarious and I'm glad that he's gaining a sense of humor on social media.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 13

@wonderwall I am missing the point, because although hilarious in some ways its also completely ridiculous due to its inaccuracy. I don't think TVGuide is gonna feel any shade with that response. Although, I'm sure they appreciated the throwback video, just like I did :)

(edited)
20 minutes ago, kismet said:

@wonderwall I am missing the point, because although hilarious in some ways its also completely ridiculous due to its inaccuracy. I don't think TVGuide is gonna feel any shade with that response. Although, I'm sure they appreciated the throwback video, just like I did :)

I guess for me I didn't take it so seriously? I mainly laughed because the meaning of the song is VERY much like what's happening to Arrow... 

The message, imo is: even though you're the "OG" you'll end up being pushed aside and forgotten by others who you've helped make successful

Which is very familiar to Arrow's position (considering GB even said without Arrow, Flash/SG wouldn't have become a thing in a tweet). Just because Dre > Arrow, doesn't mean it's not a valid parallel nor is it offensive to Dre because it's the message of the song that Stephen was making the connection to. Not Dre himself.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 17
53 minutes ago, kismet said:

I think you're reading way too much into this. It was a shady tweet, nothing more. There's no bigger or deeper meaning behind using Dre. It's not a commentary on Dre's career. If you listen to some of the lyrics too, it was shade. They forgot about Arrow. Simple as that tbh. 

I'm not really trying to read anymore into it. I'm just critiquing SA's tweet. There is a whole lot more history and meaning behind that song than just what you mentioned @wonderwall. But I'm gonna let it drop. I see the parallel that SA was trying to make. I think it's a weak one. But it also fits his hubris that he would use that song. It is funny, I think I'm just laughing at it for completely different reasons than other people.

Arrow paved the way for Flash, but Flash has eclipsed it. Time will tell what their legacies will be. Sadly, I predict Arrow may just be the footnote/asterisk to Flash's remembered legend. Dr. Dre will never be an asterisk, even when he is not on the top of the charts.

But back to the covers, Flash is coming off a very popular season with Emmy nominations. Supernatural has proven to be a force of nature. What does Arrow have to offer the cover? Didn't it get booted to a smaller room at SDCC? All it did was maintain its ratings and get average reviews. It's neither mainstream or cultish enough to warrant a cover this season. No shade required, they didn't forget about you Arrow - you didn't register as important enough. I may not enjoy that reality, but that's the truth.

6 minutes ago, kismet said:

ut back to the covers, Flash is coming off a very popular season with Emmy nominations. Supernatural has proven to be a force of nature. What does Arrow have to offer the cover? Didn't it get booted to a smaller room at SDCC?

All of the DCTV shows are in the smaller room... which is actually the second largest room after Hall H.

• Love 5
(edited)
19 minutes ago, kismet said:

Arrow paved the way for Flash, but Flash has eclipsed it. Time will tell what their legacies will be. Sadly, I predict Arrow may just be the footnote/asterisk to Flash's remembered legend. Dr. Dre will never be an asterisk, even when he is not on the top of the charts.

But back to the covers, Flash is coming off a very popular season with Emmy nominations. Supernatural has proven to be a force of nature. What does Arrow have to offer the cover? Didn't it get booted to a smaller room at SDCC? All it did was maintain its ratings and get average reviews. It's neither mainstream or cultish enough to warrant a cover this season. No shade required, they didn't forget about you Arrow - you didn't register as important enough. I may not enjoy that reality, but that's the truth.

In what ways did Flash eclipse Arrow? With the ratings? Sure. Just like how Justin Bieber eclipses most of Usher's songs on youtube or how his net worth is higher than Usher's. Does that mean Justin Bieber is the better artist and that Usher has nothing to offer or isn't important? I don't believe so.

And looking at the emmy nomination it's only for the category of Outstanding Special Visual Effects, which really isn't about The Flash as a show but about the production crew who created Grodd -- let's be real none of the cast are going to be invited to this event for this award unless they're presenting. 

Arrow being the 2nd highest rated show on the CW isn't important enough? And not only that but it had extremely steady ratings with the Live +7... I don't understand why you're discounting the show's achievements... 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 16

The Flash to me will never eclipse Arrow. The Flash has downright copied the way Arrow established OTA trying to make Barry, Cisco and Snow into their own unit. They copied word for word dialogue when Barry's dad died and when Oliver's mom died. Barry cries in every episode and doesn't get hammered for it like characters do from Arrow. Completely ridiculous. All the Flash is, is Barry trying to take down some ridiculous villains. Loses, gets a pep talk and then succeeds. Rinse repeat.

• Love 4
(edited)

joke

noun \ˈjōk\

Simple Definition of joke

: something said or done to cause laughter

: a brief story with a surprising and funny ending

: someone or something that is not worth taking seriously

humor

noun  hu·mor \ˈhyü-mər, ˈyü-\

Simple Definition of humor

: a funny or amusing quality