Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

25 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Not exactly the BTS I wanted but Stephen and his daughter look cute :p

The TelePrompTer setup in the lair is bizarre. As is the display of Laurel's suit. Wonder if the stab hole is still there? Fingers crossed they got it dry cleaned!

• Love 1
Just now, apinknightmare said:

The TelePrompTer setup in the lair is bizarre. As is the display of Laurel's suit. Wonder if the stab hole is still there? Fingers crossed they got it dry cleaned!

You think that's part of the scene? I was wondering if he was recording the monologue or something. Not really sure how that works.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

You think that's part of the scene? I was wondering if he was recording the monologue or something. Not really sure how that works.

I don't know if it's part of a scene, but I'm not sure why he'd need a TelePrompTer to record a monologue. Seems like they'd do that in an actual studio?

ETA- I'm thinking of a voiceover not a monologue. Still not sure why he'd need a TelePrompTer in the lair though. 

Edited by apinknightmare
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Also I'm sure the team can easily cover the stab hole with a buckle... Although I'm not quite sure where they'd get one considering the entire world's supply of buckles were already on her outfit :)

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I don't know if it's part of a scene, but I'm not sure why he'd need a TelePrompTer to record a monologue. Seems like they'd do that in an actual studio?

ETA- I'm thinking of a voiceover not a monologue. Still not sure why he'd need a TelePrompTer in the lair though. 

yeah sorry i meant VO, like the opening "my name is Oliver Queen, blah, blah blah"

2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I did not even notice that was her suit there given that it is a very cute and very well shot photo.

(edited)

SA is an idiot. 

Is it too much to ask for some Arrow BTS or some teases? Instead we get this? Smh.

On the bright side, looks like DR may be second billed. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 10
(edited)

It would be nice if he gave the same attention to fans who repeatedly tell him they're being bullied/threatened with rape and/or violence on his and Arrow's Facebook page as he does to "anonymous accounts" with less than 10 followers who post crazy shit about his marriage. Anonymous accounts are the reasons some people even feel safe posting on some of this show's social media, and if he has to deal with a few bad apples because of it, then...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 12

Got shot down pretty quickly by that cybersecurity reporter from Politico and fans, though. What's frustrating is how quickly he comes down on Twitter when his favorite platform is as bad. Does he really think everybody commenting on his page are using their real accounts? I haven't gone anywhere near the official Arrow page or his with my personal FB after seeing a friend get harassed (and called horrible things via messages) for commenting on a video about loving Olicity. 

• Love 12

Maybe instead of complaining about horrible Twitter for the Nth time, SA could moderate his own damn FB page. Or does having a name attached to accounts that constantly spew hatred on his page make everything OK? It's as toxic as the Arrow FB page has ever been, and he just allows it.

• Love 5

I responded saying when he started to moderate his fb then I'd take him seriously. His fb page is nasty and he has no issues responding when something hurts his ego but he never says anything about the harassment, which is always directed to women. Hell, I saw someone call a girl 13/14 a c*nt. I really can't stand him and I'm so happy I can separate him from Oliver.

• Love 3
(edited)

He's getting on my last nerve tbh. As others have said, anon accounts are a way for some people to feel safe using social media. And if he didn't want people to comment on his marriage or family then he needs to STFU about them. I mean, that account he called out is a crazy person but this is what happens when you open your private life to the public. 

Edited by Guest
17 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Excuse me but I was told this show was Felicity & Friends. False advertising!

I wanna sue.

(edited)
46 minutes ago, Chaser said:

SA is an idiot. 

Is it too much to ask for some Arrow BTS or some teases? Instead we get this? Smh.

How did you deduct that?

Edited by foreverevolving
20 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

He's getting on my last nerve tbh. As others have said, anon accounts are a way for some people to feel safe using social media. And if he didn't want people to comment on his marriage or family then he needs to STFU about them. I mean, that account he called out is a crazy person but this is what happens when you open your private life to the public. 

Is this just about his latest tweets or did he delete something?  BTW, what's the very last one supposed to mean?

And agreed about the rest. I mean, his fb post where he said he flew back to LA for less than a day the 4th was bound to attract 'questions'.

Just now, looptab said:

Is this just about his latest tweets or did he delete something?  BTW, what's the very last one supposed to mean?

And agreed about the rest. I mean, his fb post where he said he flew back to LA for less than a day the 4th was bound to attract 'questions'.

Yeah, it's his latest series of tweets where he called out a Twitter account calling his marriage fake, and then went on to complain about anon spam accounts. He's losing it tbh, and only drawing more attention to things. Just stop, fool!

And yeah, that FB post had a lot of questions/comments under it and it wouldn't have if he didn't feel the need to post it in the first place. No one asked him to do that. 

Is the tweet that set him off gone? I can't seem to find what made him so irate. Not that his Twitter is Evil rants are new. 

I both hate and love that the Politico guy got his attention. I love it because someone made him face reality, but I hate that it seemed he could ignore the many, many other people who were saying the exact same thing, but since this guy has a higher profile job, he was worthy of acknowledgment. I may be sensitive and overthinking this entire thing. My favorite post was some girl who laid out what's going to happen. SA pops off on Twitter, he'll get schooled, he'll make some mea culpa video or long ass post on Facebook. Lather, rinse, repeat.

• Love 4
(edited)

I just can't take him seriously, because his problem isn't anonymous use of social media, it's anonymous use of social media that targets him. If he was out retweeting people who were telling fans to kill themselves or that they hope they get raped or killed or whatever other nastiness actual people have encountered both on Twitter and Facebook, I'd probably applaud this stance, but since he's only proactive about it when it affects him ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. 

4 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Is the tweet that set him off gone? I can't seem to find what made him so irate.

Yes. After he posted a link to the Insta, his followers basically harassed that person into deleting their post (or their whole account - I don't know which). Which is funny to me for reasons. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Excuse me but I was told this show was Felicity & Friends. False advertising!

I wanna sue.

Funnily enough I don't even know if adding both her parents' screen times (if that is what is meant by the "& Friends" part) would even come close to overthrowing Oliver's 4 hour lead.  

16 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I just can't take him seriously, because his problem isn't anonymous use of social media, it's anonymous use of social media that targets him. If he was out retweeting people who were telling fans to kill themselves or that they hope they get raped or killed or whatever other nastiness actual people have encountered both on Twitter and Facebook, I'd probably applaud this stance, but since he's only proactive about it when it affects him ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. 

Yes. After he posted a link to the Insta, his followers basically harassed that person into deleting their post (or their whole account - I don't know which). Which is funny to me for reasons. 

Well said. Also, as @Angel12d there were similar posts on FB. (Though I didn't read this one). How come he didn't call out the people there? 

Do you sometimes find yourself wondering how much happier we would be if the 'ship that took off was Delicity instead of Olicity? LOL I mean DR wouldn't let us froth at the mouth for a BTS pic. Bless his heart, he even responded to people asking why there was no OTA pic yet.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, looptab said:

Well said. Also, as @Angel12d there were similar posts on FB. (Though I didn't read this one). How come he didn't call out the people there? 

Maybe because people there didn't outright call his marriage a sham (like the one today did) and instead questioned how odd his and his wife's living situation is that it seems like he often has to travel to see his daughter, which seems like kinder criticism? Or it could be that he doesn't want to ruffle feathers over on Facebook because the overwhelming majority of commenters there kiss his ass and he must get some validation from that. Most of the nastiness is either directed at the show and not him personally, or at other users - which he doesn't seem to care a whole lot about (although I won't say he doesn't care at all, because he's made some half-hearted attempts at addressing the situation). 

• Love 5

He (or whoever is monitoring his page) cleared out all the comments and likes from the latest chosen meme Monday post. The comments under the meme with Larry King were starting to get ugly before the wipe, so maybe that was why. 

The problem is that he doesn't seem to do any other moderator-type things like ban repeat/worst offenders, so the cycle continues on every post.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

SA is an idiot. 

As he should, he's got the experience and put in the time

(edited)
1 hour ago, looptab said:

Do you sometimes find yourself wondering how much happier we would be if the 'ship that took off was Delicity instead of Olicity? LOL I mean DR wouldn't let us froth at the mouth for a BTS pic. Bless his heart, he even responded to people asking why there was no OTA pic yet.

Delicity is not my bag--too big brother/little sister--so instead I wished she'd run off with Barry.  I wish I liked Flash, because Grant's a friggin' delight on social media. Stephen needs to grow up and expand his world view, or at least take a nap.

Generally I assume most insulting behavior comes out of self-absorption or stupidity rather than malice, but the lack of Arrow promotion seems to be crossing over into something else.  Seeing Olicity left off the CWs "five best kisses" snapchat (can't link because I don't have snapchat), when added to other things they've done (including cutting Emily out of upfronts altogether)  is making me think that the silence regarding the couple is intentional, and for the first time I'm wondering if there has been a corporate mandate to end the couple.  

Edited by thegirlsleuth
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

Delicity is not my bag--too big brother/little sister--so instead I wished she'd run off with Barry.  I wish I liked Flash, because Grant's a friggin' delight on social media. Stephen needs to grow up and expand his world view, or at least take a nap.

Generally I assume most insulting behavior comes out of self-absorption or stupidity rather than malice, but the lack of Arrow promotion seems to be crossing over into something else.  Seeing Olicity left off the CWs "five best kisses" snapchat (can't link because I don't have snapchat), when added to other things they've done (including cutting Emily out of upfronts altogether)  is making me think that the silence regarding the couple is intentional, and for the first time I'm wondering if there has been a corporate mandate to end the couple.  

Let me guess:

1) Iris/Barry
2) Sara/Leonard
3) Elena/Damon
4) Jane/Rafael
5) idk who's left maybe someone from the Originals...

(edited)

I wouldn't read too much into Olicity getting left out of the video. Mostly because Arrow has always been ignored by the CW promo department and they acknowledge Olicity even less than Arrow. Also because 4 of the 5 kisses in the video are from low rated shows that really need the promo. Flash was included because it's the network golden child.

(Or we can blame Suzanne Gomez and her biases) 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 5
(edited)

IDK, I'm gonna assume that the snapchat 'five best kisses' thing was done by the PR woman who is not only terrible at her job but also a bitter Betty who never does Olicity promo. I don't see that as a sign of anything. Also, ending the couple for good when they legit lost the most viewers ever after they broke up would be pretty dumb, IMO. 

I generally just think the PR is terrible, the upfronts thing didn't include anyone besides SA because Arrow is in its fifth season now, and Olicity are obviously not a couple moving forward, for a while at least, so they're just selling that line for now.

But they changed the main romantic pairing once before so I guess anything is possible? 

I feel like @quarks would know more about this than me. Haha.

Edited by Guest
(edited)
12 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Let me guess:

1) Iris/Barry
2) Sara/Leonard
3) Elena/Damon
4) Jane/Rafael
5) idk who's left maybe someone from the Originals...

Iris/Barry, Stefan/Caroline, Jane/Michael, Liv/Major, and a couple from Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, who I can't identify because I don't watch. 

Edited by lemotomato
Just now, lemotomato said:

Iris/Barry, Stephan/Caroline, Jane/Michael, Liv/Major, and a couple from Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, who I can't identify because I don't watch. 

The only thing I'm angry about is the Stefan/Caroline one. The rest I can sort of understand... But TVD is dead. It's in the Friday slot and it's been on for freaking 7 seasons. IT'S DONE. 

Smh

Can you imagine the outrage tho if Olicity was in that? "This was an action shoooow, you made it into a teen soap". Look at that, the first is a couple from the bestest show ever, The Flash! 

• Love 2
(edited)
32 minutes ago, looptab said:

Can you imagine the outrage tho if Olicity was in that? "This was an action shoooow, you made it into a teen soap". Look at that, the first is a couple from the bestest show ever, The Flash! 

But they're comic canon, so that's OK! /sarcasm (Have you seen how cheesy the romance is in the latest GA comic reboot? But that's all good because comics! Iconic! etc.)

35 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

The only thing I'm angry about is the Stefan/Caroline one. The rest I can sort of understand... But TVD is dead. It's in the Friday slot and it's been on for freaking 7 seasons. IT'S DONE. 

Smh

I say we blame Suzanne. And the intern they probably pay with Flash merch.

Edited by lemotomato
triple quoting in one post? weird board is weird.
  • Love 4

I thought his BTS photo of him & his daughter was cute. I have no idea what all the other drama is about. I have some idea, but no desire to track down the details. Frankly, I'm a little over it at this point. It was no surprise to me that after the weekend of what did SA possibly do backstage with a fan, we got a had to fly back & hang out with my family on a holiday of no relevance to him and then a look at my cute kid at work. Even if his PR was not involved, his response it what I would expect. You think I might have cheated on my family - I'll prove just how much my family is important to me.

Honestly, the FB sites need to be better moderated regarding the violent & misogynistic posts and threats. But that is a completely separate issue. For me the ranting that SA does after someone attacks his ego or personal life is pretty routine now. I don't foresee it changing. I wish he would be trying to change the social media culture in general but that seems to be an overwhelming battle across many different platforms. So expecting SA to change it, is sorta like expecting beauty queens to actually be able to solve world peace. He is a pretty face, not a well trained leader of social change.

Also I don't understand people complaining about not getting a better BTS photo? Yes, I would like a more Arrow driven photo too, but I'm happy with any BTS photos. They are not required to share any BTS photos, so we should appreciate what is given especially since it is only a few days into production. The more people complain, the less likely I feel the actors will be willing to share. It just feels so toxic when people complain about not getting what they prefer.

• Love 4

SA sees thing from his and his POV only. He doesn't understand people, especially women, on social media platforms might need anonymity because of the constant threats and insults. It happened to him on Twitter so Twitter is the source of all evil. Never mind the comments on his FB page.

Also at the risk of looking like the bad person again his FB post was designed to make people feel sorry for him. He indirectly painted his wife in a bad light to look good and this is the result. I hate with passion trolls and people who tag the actors with comments on their personal life to be clear, but this time I disliked his post and predicted the mess from the first moment. I can't believe he didn't.

• Love 7

Funny thing is, I saw screenshots of FB posts railing against his wife who dares not to be at his beck and call 24/7. I honestly saw some nasty, misogynistic stuff there. So if he is actually speaking out against that, I don't have a problem with it. However, do you just read your FB comments less often, Steve? That's where it looks like it originated.

I also didn't see the video as him throwing his wife under the bus even though apparently that happened. To me it just looked like a holiday she celebrated, so she was in the US to actually celebrate it.

(edited)

How strange.  After I posted I kept getting system errors, and in the interim you said smart stuff. I understood most of the kisses from a PR standpoint, but the Vampire Diaries one made Olicity's exclusion stand out for me.  I, too, wrote it off Suzanne Gomez doing her thing--or not doing, as the case may be--but it seems like more, now.

I just went over and looked at his facebook page and read the offending post. I'm sure after the weekend of maybe/possibly/sorta debauchery, he was looking to make himself look like a martyr for his family.  The problem was it came across like the person crucifying him was Cassandra (and the TSA). I personally would like to see less about his family, but I feel like that for all celebrities, mostly because I feel like I'm prying into their kid's privacy.  Doesn't excuse his twitter rant in my mind.

Edited by thegirlsleuth
  • Love 7

So that was a solid 30 minutes I was in his corner. From the posts here I gather this is untrue about his Facebook profile. Although I guess the official Arrow one could be worse. Yay. :/

• Love 3

I think the official Arrow page is ten times worse than Stephen's, and have seen the cancer/death threats almost every time I've visited. I've stopped. It's the worst I've seen from a corporate entity, although perhaps I'm sheltered. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, bijoux said:

So that was a solid 30 minutes I was in his corner. From the posts here I gather this is untrue about his Facebook profile. Although I guess the official Arrow one could be worse. Yay. :/

To be fair, his facebook page is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the Arrow one. And he does encourage people to tell him when people are harassing them so there's that.

But he really didn't get the entire point of that post lol

• Love 7
Just now, wonderwall said:

To be fair, his facebook page is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the Arrow one. And he does encourage people to tell him when people are harassing them so there's that.

Yeah, but when he says overwhelmingly positive he means towards him. The dumbass.

• Love 9