Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I'd laugh if all we get in the 100 episode is just that picture. No big return, just a quick camera glance at the discarded picture in a box somewhere.

On another note, looking at that schedule are Katie & Colin going to do a panel together in Paris? That's going to tres awkward in light of recent discoveries.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, kismet said:

On another note, looking at that schedule are Katie & Colin going to do a panel together in Paris? That's going to tres awkward in light of recent discoveries.

Fingers crossed someone records it, because I'd actually watch that. Until the secondhand embarrassment went into overdrive. 

• Love 14
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Dont count on it.

Yes I can't wait to see if they will never have her on the show again because they despise her. Next year is gonna be fun.

7 minutes ago, kismet said:

I'd laugh if all we get in the 100 episode is just that picture. No big return, just a quick camera glance at the discarded picture in a box somewhere.

What discoveries? Oh nvm, the whole true love thing?

Edited by Primal Slayer

I don't know about the 100th episode, but I have to think at some point they're going to pick that super secret promise up, and we're going to flashback to that moment in the hospital we didn't see in 418.

• Love 1

Yes I can't wait to see if they will never have her on the show again because they despise her. Next year is gonna be fun.

Who said they despise her?

But they wont waste the 100th episode on someone who is dead and buried. I could see Kc make an appearance on LOT.

• Love 4
Just now, Velocity23 said:

Who said they despise her?

But they wont waste the 100th episode on someone who is dead and buried. I could see Kc make an appearance on LOT.

I don't keep my receipts filed but it's been said plenty around here. 

4 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I'd rather not think about it until it happens. Please. We spent 2+ months talking about her hair color, for crying out loud.

She's a popular topic, the speculation will most likely arise plenty during Season 5. 

• Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I'd rather not think about it until it happens. Please. We spent 2+ months talking about her hair color, for crying out loud.

Same. Just putting it out there. :)

Re: the 100th episode, we discussed this a week ago, but I don't think her eventual appearance would be a big deal, as in having the whole episode revolve around her. She could be back for a scene or two, like most shows do - latest example I can think of, Once had Neal be back for a couple scenes. It was some sort of vision, he did his thing, and that was it. I don't think something like that it's out the realm of possibility.

Edited by looptab
18 minutes ago, looptab said:

I don't know about the 100th episode, but I have to think at some point they're going to pick that super secret promise up, and we're going to flashback to that moment in the hospital we didn't see in 418.

Not really. All they need is for Oliver to say "I made a promise to Laurel right before she died" or "Right before she died Laurel asked that I promise..."

You don't need a Flashback for that, especially since the "promise" not Laurel is the important part of the equation.

As for the 100th...SMH she wasn't even a key player in the Flarrow Crossovers when she was a living/series regular....so yeah ?

• Love 15
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I mean according to KCs headcanon which was then put in the show, I would expect it to be awkward to do a joint panel with a co-star who had little regard for your character. Tommy died for Laurel and she never really gave a damn about him. She led him on even though Oliver was the love of her life. She didn't really mourn Tommy, she mourned Oliver leaving her again. So Tommy essentially died for nothing. Tommy deserved better than Laurel.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 13
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Not really. All they need is for Oliver to say "I made a promise to Laurel right before she died" or "Right before she died Laurel asked that I promise..."

You don't need a Flashback for that, especially since the "promise" not Laurel is the important part of the equation.

As for the 100th...SMH she wasn't even a key player in the Flarrow Crossovers when she was a living/series regular....so yeah ?

Well, that would be my preference :D

11 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Do you have your hat ready??? :)

10 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I am gonna need video proof of  hats being eaten.

Rockerduck_si_mangia_la_bombetta.png

For future reference :D

Edited by looptab
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I really don't think we will see KC in the crossover. There are already 84753709 characters that are alive and from the right earth to fit in, LOL.

Can you imagine LL having more screen time in the Flash portion of the crossover than Iris? Yikes! Think of the bloodbath

• Love 2

I wish Katie Cassidy all the best in finding another regular gig, preferably one that takes her far and away from the Arrowverse orbit and gives her less time to participate in cons so I can avoid hearing about her particular head canon.

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I wish Katie Cassidy all the best in finding another regular gig, preferably one that takes her far and away from the Arrowverse orbit and gives her less time to participate in cons so I can avoid hearing about her particular head canon.

^^This.  I cannot wait for the day when I can finally open up PTV and not find a whole page of conversation about her since, you know, she's not even on the show anymore.

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Can you imagine LL having more screen time in the Flash portion of the crossover than Iris? Yikes! Think of the bloodbath

Oh I can! But history would suggest neither of them is likely to be in the crossover. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

If she did it would be about Sara, so that would be fine. Although I'm not sure LoT would bother since the only scene they ever gave her was in the pilot.

43 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Basically what @wonderwall said. KC has made it pretty clear both on and off the show that Tommy was just a placeholder and an afterthought. I can't imagine a co-panel going well. It's a shame because CD/TM made KC/LL so much more likeable in s1 and she has basically just shat on that relationship from the beginning.

9 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Apologies for bringing it up :p

22 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I really don't think we will see KC in the crossover. There are already 84753709 characters that are alive and from the right earth to fit in, LOL.

replying in Mind Your Surroundings 

8 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Yeah I can agree with that. I'm still annoyed that the writers just have Laurel looking at Oliver but being all delusional and seeing Tommy and talking about her love for him.

I agree that MG should've known when to put his foot down in terms of characterization. I also wish KC wanted better for Laurel. In the end KC pushing for her own headcanon and MG swaying to appease her made Laurel look weak and undid all the character development she had in all 4 seasons.

So it's not just the writers fault. I think it was both the writers and actress' fault.

Just now, wonderwall said:

I agree that MG should've known when to put his foot down in terms of characterization. I also wish KC wanted better for Laurel. In the end KC pushing for her own headcanon and MG swaying to appease her made Laurel look weak and undid all the character development she had in all 4 seasons.

So it's not just the writers fault. I think it was both the writers and actress' fault.

Even though it is KCs headcanon, the writers are still the writers who make the ultimate decision. KC headcanon is probably that Laurel shouldn't have died yet they didn't appease that so...From a show standpoint, I put all the blame on them since they weren't forced to write what they wrote. She didn't really agree with Laurels actions when it came to bringing back Sara I believe but that didn't change anything. 

Just now, Primal Slayer said:

Even though it is KCs headcanon, the writers are still the writers who make the ultimate decision. KC headcanon is probably that Laurel shouldn't have died yet they didn't appease that so...From a show standpoint, I put all the blame on them since they weren't forced to write what they wrote. She didn't really agree with Laurels actions when it came to bringing back Sara I believe but that didn't change anything. 

Meh. I don't really want to argue about it. In the end IMO  the blame goes both ways. MG for not putting his foot down like he should've. And KC for pushing for that headcanon (because even she herself implied that MG didn't even think of OQ being the love of LLs life... So I wonder how episode 18 would've ended and how episode 19 would've been if KC didn't push for her headcanon to be a thing). 

So in short. It's KCs fault for giving the writers that idea. And it's the writers' fault for running with it (I'm guessing to give KC a parting gift or something)

But we can agree to disagree. 

• Love 1

Since MG wasn't even wondering about Laurel's feelings for Oliver at that point I think that disaster is the unhappy result of both their efforts so kudos (not really) to both. KC couldn't have made it happen without MG and MG couldn't have made it happen without KC.

• Love 5

Yeah I can agree with that. I'm still annoyed that the writers just have Laurel looking at Oliver but being all delusional and seeing Tommy and talking about her love for him.

Wait, what?!? When did that happen? Both when she was in the hospital and when she was making a move on Oliver when Tommy's corpse was barely cold, she was well aware she was speaking to Oliver, not Tommy.

Otherwise it's mighty odd that she said she hopes he gets back together with Felicity.

6 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Meh. I don't really want to argue about it. In the end IMO  the blame goes both ways. MG for not putting his foot down like he should've. And KC for pushing for that headcanon (because even she herself implied that MG didn't even think of OQ being the love of LLs life... So I wonder how episode 18 would've ended and how episode 19 would've been if KC didn't push for her headcanon to be a thing). 

So in short. It's KCs fault for giving the writers that idea. And it's the writers' fault for running with it (I'm guessing to give KC a parting gift or something)

But we can agree to disagree. 

I put a decent amount of the blame for the dumbass Baby Mama storyline on SA, so I similarly put a good amount of the blame for the dumbass love of my life crap on KC. Gotta be fair, after all.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, NumberCruncher said:

^^This.  I cannot wait for the day when I can finally open up PTV and not find a whole page of conversation about her since, you know, she's not even on the show anymore.

I am so glad the Laurel thread isn't busy anymore. It irritated me seeing a single thread lit with conversation when I gave zero thought to that character. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

Wait, what?!? When did that happen? Both when she was in the hospital and when she was making a move on Oliver when Tommy's corpse was barely cold, she was well aware she was speaking to Oliver, not Tommy.

Otherwise it's mighty odd that she said she hopes he gets back together with Felicity.

I forgot a put a 'didn't' in front of that just.  

4 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

I put a decent amount of the blame for the dumbass Baby Mama storyline on SA, so I similarly put a good amount of the blame for the dumbass love of my life crap on KC. Gotta be fair, after all.

I blame him for pushing that idiocy upon us but to be fair to him he didn't go to the writers and say "I have this headcanon where Oliver is a complete idiot and suddenly doesn't act like he trusts Felicity anymore. What do you say?" That was all the writers. If it was for SA we would have seen Oliver playing a dad (I have no interest in that whatsoever but there wouldn't have been that stupid mess).

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I blame him for pushing that idiocy upon us but to be fair to him he didn't go to the writers and say "I have this headcanon where Oliver is a complete idiot and suddenly doesn't act like he trusts Felicity anymore. What do you say?" That was all the writers. If it was for SA we would have seen Oliver playing a dad (I have no interest in that whatsoever but there wouldn't have been that stupid mess).

They all need to just say their lines and look pretty.

I'm kidding. Mostly.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Not until I see a Chihuahua eat theirs.

Well it's all meant to be for fun so.......

And hopefully that's a typo and you not calling AyChihuahua a chihuahua. no need for that kind of negativity here. 

It's funny how everyone is so certain on things. Let's face it, no one knows anything about the actors and if they'll be back or not. Just leave it at that.

Sigh. When will the PTV boards return from (the KC) war? You guys do realize she's not on the show anymore, right?

4 hours ago, kismet said:

The panel and the photo ops will both be fun. And CD has a photo op with Willa as well. Now I sort of hope someone brings a lifesize SA cutout to both those photo ops for different purposes. And someone asks CD and WH to make kissy gag faces at each other.

34 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

13445259_1093928700664826_44530661347872

From KCs fb

Is that in Paris? Meaning EBR brought both her mom and Fanta along.

11 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

It's funny how everyone is so certain on things. Let's face it, no one knows anything about the actors and if they'll be back or not. Just leave it at that.

Sigh. When will the PTV boards return from (the KC) war? You guys do realize she's not on the show anymore, right?

This is the problem we face IMO. Laurel Lance was a character in the show for 4 of it's first 5 seasons.KC  was ostensibly the 2nd lead and female lead. She had 2nd billing. She appeared in 89 of the 92 episodes aired. She is tied to the main character. Like it or not, she will always be a part of the show's legacy. She posts pictures with former co-stars. She attends cons and discusses the show and her character and she probably will for the foreseeable future. It seems to me, she's fair game for discussion just like any former cast member.  YMMV

• Love 7
(edited)
11 minutes ago, EmilyBettFan said:

Except she wasn't known as a comic book heroine for 4 seasons. Her character failed more than succeeded and she was more known for being a damsel in distress.

Well... To be fair, the whole 'damsel in distress' label Laurel had in the first 2 seasons vanished as soon as she became Black Canary. Unfortunately in this fandom, wearing a mask is like a get out of jail free card.

But you're partially right. Laurel wasn't known to be the comic book heroine until she put on that mask. Some fought against it claiming that Sara was the real BC, some embraced it for those 32 episodes she wore that mask.

In the end it's all perspective. Some think she was awesome. I personally thought she didn't do anything remarkable nor did she add anything to the show and was a waste of a character especially after she put that mask on. But to each their own.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1
(edited)
26 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

This is the problem we face IMO. Laurel Lance was a character in the show for 4 of it's first 5 seasons.KC  was ostensibly the 2nd lead and female lead. She had 2nd billing. She appeared in 89 of the 92 episodes aired. She is tied to the main character. Like it or not, she will always be a part of the show's legacy. She posts pictures with former co-stars. She attends cons and discusses the show and her character and she probably will for the foreseeable future. It seems to me, she's fair game for discussion just like any former cast member.  YMMV

Fair enough. I just find the discussion repetitive and boring and problematic, often inviting negativity and passive aggressive posting and people trying to one-up each other and it's exhausting. But as you said, YMMV. Back to lurkdom I go because I couldn't possibly be less interested in discussing someone who not only isn't on the show anymore but seems to have little respect for the people who are. 

Edited by Guest
(edited)
58 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Talk about LL and KC will probably die down when S5 starts and there's more to discuss. Her death was the most significant thing that happened at the end of S4 so it's natural she'd be focused on. (I just wish I'd discovered this board during the height of LL's URGH rather than being annoyed with her by myself, so I've got years of irritation to get out ;))

Plus as long as KC goes to cons and keeps talking about her own headcanons, she'll get attention. Her pov is too bizarre not to comment on. 

Edited by TimetravellingBW
  • Love 8