Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I know nothing about this con, but looking at that guest list it's interesting how all of these guests are former cast members and most of them are former LIs as well. (4 out of 5 dentists prefer....)

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, looptab said:

Is that official? Why is there a Spoilertv watermark on it?

It is official. MG tweeted it last night. I think SpoilerTV were the first though.

Seriously, the Arrow tag was lit last night and it was not all good things for Laurel. Most people were mad about how Laurel did not care for Tommy and were questioning why she became druggy in season 2. Others were just mocking the whole flashbacks. 

• Love 3

I haven't seen any SM farewells. A few weeks ago SA did make a point of saying he'd talk about the season once it was over. I guess we'll have to wait until then? It is weird though.

Edited by Guest

Well, SA is on a social media break, EBR hasn't been tweeting much, Greg Berlanti apparently forgot a new episode of Arrow was on last night (he's been tweeting/RT-ing Flash and LoT posts), and MG is going on with business as usual. 

The lack of reaction does seem strange. When CH left there were BTS Team Arrow photos and tweets from SA about how goodbyes are tough. And Roy didn't even really get killed; it was always implied they would try to bring him back for guest spots if they could. I didn't read all the articles written post-418, but were there comments from any producers besides MG and WM?

• Love 3

If John Barrowman is charging so much less than Stephen I think someone needs to curb their ego.   Unless it's the convention that determines prices. 

I wouldn't get one unless it was in person anyway,  but damn that's pricey. 

• Love 1

To be fair, JB is 1) not the star of any show anymore, 2) this isn't 2005-2010 at the height of Cap Jack Dr.who/Torchwood days, he's star is shining but not as brightly. It's also possible that JB has other sources of income and he doesn't feel the need to ask for a higher price, I'm sure 7 years ago his prices were probably much higher.

I don't think I have it in me to berate SA for taking advantage of the whole supply/demand thing... If people are willing to pay higher prices, why shouldn't he raise the price of his autographs? 

I wouldn't begrudge any of the actors doing that tbh... 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I don't think I have it in me to berate SA for taking advantage of the whole supply/demand thing... If people are willing to pay higher prices, why shouldn't he raise the price of his autographs? 

I wouldn't begrudge any of the actors doing that tbh... 

Yup.  He can charge whatever he wants just like people can choose not to pay his asking price.  If that's what he thinks he can get then more power to him.

• Love 3

SA's pretty savvy about cashing in on fandom, and I'm sure he's asking for what he's confident he can get. Still think it's a ridiculously high price for mail order considering an in person autograph where you actually get to meet him isn't much more. 

• Love 1

I would totally plunk down 100 for a OTA picture signed by all three.  The in-person autograph experience typically doesn't give you that much time with the actor; the only real bonus would be having it personalized.

32 minutes ago, NumberCruncher said:

Yup.  He can charge whatever he wants just like people can choose not to pay his asking price.  If that's what he thinks he can get then more power to him.

Yep. If this was done out of goodwill then I'd definitely side-eye him. But he goes to cons to get paid. So yeah... I can't blame him for getting as much out of each con as possible.

5 hours ago, wonderwall said:

LOL In which Barrowman talks about Olicity sex in the lair O_O

I don't know why, but I'm not seeing anything on either my iPad or my mobile and when I click on the link, I get an error message. So here are some links if people are having similar issues.

JB on action in the lair.

SA and EBR on KC's departure.

WM on chosing the fallen team member.

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 3:08 PM, Velocity23 said:

ChEwnv-UUAEmydO.jpg

Really need someone to photo shop a better head on Felicity.  I want to love the poster but it just looks so weird.  Oddly enough she reminds me of Moira. 

12 hours ago, tv echo said:

The mask makes it look like she has Groucho Marx eyebrows. 

Groucho.png

• Love 1

Is baby BC's mask meant to be a bad fit because it's Laurel's mask or is it just to show she's like a kid playing dress up?

53 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Is baby BC's mask meant to be a bad fit because it's Laurel's mask or is it just to show she's like a kid playing dress up?

I don't think that's supposed to be Laurel's mask. Baby Canary only stole the collar, not the rest of her gear.

1 hour ago, dtissagirl said:

Can we institute MMc for Madison McLaughlin instead of MM who's Malcolm Merlyn? It gets confusing when one is doped up on allergy meds. :)

It's even worse if you frequent the Supergirl forms and they're talking about Martian Manhunter... I have to do mental gymnastics every time.

• Love 3