Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Polls held by legitimate sources (like TV Guide/TVInsider or Eonline) are usually posted in the Golden Arrow thread, because that's where any poll wins would be posted.

ETA: Sometimes I think that twitter is one of the worst inventions of the 21st century.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Yeah, plus, as always, supporting whatever the current storyline is. They are broken up...he ain't gonna give away that they're not staying that way. This is the guy who actually tried to make ppl think OLIVER was dead and staying dead. 

For sure. I'm just not sure where the sarcasm was in that answer. If just the last part, or the whole. Like, if was he saying "They are never ever getting back together, wink wink,*sigh* but I totally see your point and ITA".

Seriously. Do these people watch the show? Oliver and Felicity have been "together" more or less for two years now, while Laurel was still breathing. She was probably going to be in the wedding that Felicity just canceled. The wedding that they were going to have...while Laurel was still alive, lmao.

Oliver looked terrified when Laurel told him she loved him and he has never told her he loved her on screen. But that totally meant they were getting back together and the writers had to kill Laurel to stop their sizzling chemistry from exploding on screen, LOL. CLEARLY.

• Love 21

Because people are lashing out in unhealthy ways.

Which is actually just straight up horrible. It is horrible when people do it to KC, it is horrible when people to it to SA and it is horrible when people do it to EBR. 

After all they are only actors who do their jobs and in EBR probably doesn't have the pull behind the scenes that maybe SA or JB have. So why do you want to hurt her on purpose for something that isn't her fault. It is not her fault that people liked her and responded to her character. What is she supposed to do?

All this bitterness is really reaching new levels. Maybe it is a good thing they are on hiatus. 

As for the facebook post, I thought that he tried to respond in a manner that shuts up and yet doesn't get people angry or excited. The guy is basically saying Laurel was killed for Felicity. SA basically saying that they are broken up, so nobody killed Laurel for Felicity. At least that is what I am getting from it. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 17

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I thought that FB Q&A supposed to be about the new short that Emily is doing with Aisha.  Why then would anyone then use it as a sounding board for bitching about Arrow--especially since Emily has no control over that show?

Because fandom.

Those clips just made me sad I didn't get more of Alex Kingston on Arrow. I imagine if Laurel's character had taken off that we would have seen more of Dinah. 

She was terrific on ER, but aside from the fact that Dinah is not my favorite character on the show (understatement), I was also disappointed by Alex Kingston's portrayal. When I saw it was her, I was pumped. At the end of her first episode, I was going, eh, that's the best you could have brought? I can't say her subsequent appearances swayed me. Could it be that she's hindered by the American accent? I mean if it's that, there's no reason why she couldn't be British. Say Dinah came to Starling for her graduate studies, she met and fell hard and fast for Quentin, and eventually she started teaching at the SC college or wherever she was working before the Gambit went down.

• Love 2

I need the questions to be screened.

Aisha Tyler doesn't seem like the type to suffer fools lightly, and the Q&A is happening on her page. I hope she drags/ignores any attempts to derail the conversation.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 9

What I don't like about it is that with barely-there makeup, she looks like she's about 12 and dressing up in mommy's coat, and I don't think that's the look they were going for.

Eh...that might be exactly what they were going for...edgy and stuff

I caught some of that FB video.

EBR did an episode of Whose Line is it Anyway.

Aisha Tyler was supposed to play Joe's Ex Wife on The Flash

EBR will play the lead character's girlfriend on Axis.

Aisha/EBR met at PaleyFest.

• Love 9

EBR saying "I thought Arrow was a romantic comedy" and then busting out laughing was probably my favorite moment in that Q&A (and it was a really fun Q&A)

Also, re: acting-- "Well, Arrow is my biggest [project] to date, and I sort of just broke in and got in there. I was like, 'You need me!' and they were like 'We need you!' and here I am, sitting with Aisha drinking champagne. And I'm not gonna give it up. Try me!"

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 19

What did she say?

Someone asked Aisha who she'd want to play on Arrow and she said Black Canary...oh no she's gone now...maybe Black Mamba

Not the exact wording but close enough.

EBR was asked about her best kiss and thanked SA said he was hers too. EBR/Aisha started talking about kissing and EBR said there hasn't been a lot of smooching lately, Aisha replied there's been a lot of DRAMA and EBR joked that she thought Arrow was a RomCom.

• Love 4

At Paleyfest, she made a joke about playing BC. Im not sure they were trying to shade anyone.

Per Colin Mochrie, EBRs appearance on Whose Line includes being used as a surfboard.

• Love 1

She was terrific on ER, but aside from the fact that Dinah is not my favorite character on the show (understatement), I was also disappointed by Alex Kingston's portrayal. When I saw it was her, I was pumped. At the end of her first episode, I was going, eh, that's the best you could have brought? I can't say her subsequent appearances swayed me. Could it be that she's hindered by the American accent? I mean if it's that, there's no reason why she couldn't be British. Say Dinah came to Starling for her graduate studies, she met and fell hard and fast for Quentin, and eventually she started teaching at the SC college or wherever she was working before the Gambit went down.

I do find it ironic that both Lance parents have British accents in real life. I really wish they could keep their native accents, the girls could have still had American accents if the Lances were originally from UK moved to SC & then had the girls. I just would have loved to hear British Accents. My Father moved from Italy and always had an accent, but my siblings & I speak without an accent at all... well besides a geographical one from time to time because of where we grew up. 

• Love 3

I do find it ironic that both Lance parents have British accents in real life. I really wish they could keep their native accents, the girls could have still had American accents if the Lances were originally from UK moved to SC & then had the girls. I just would have loved to hear British Accents...

Now I'm just missing Walter more.  *sniff*

• Love 4

I'm not sure what answering posts like that is supposed to accomplish, though. It seems to just encourage them.

Very true... The guy used to avoid answering those types of comments, maybe he's just tired of it. IDK. Anyways, he should really stop engaging them regardless of whether it's the top liked comment.

• Love 2

Very true... The guy used to avoid answering those types of comments, maybe he's just tired of it. IDK. Anyways, he should really stop engaging them regardless of whether it's the top liked comment.

I liked his old standard answer: "I'm sorry you feel that way." It acknowledged their opinion without validating them. I mean, it's his page, so he can do what he wants, I guess. But it's starting to look like the Arrow FB page and that's not something I want to see.

I find hilarious that he gives the kind of answers that can be interpreted as one wishes. Like, I doubted his tone myself in a post upthread. But after this last one I'm even more sure he's like, 'I'll write a generic answer that'll make you feel as if I'm humoring you'.

• Love 1

Eh, I was uncertain for a moment - exactly for the reason I stated, one could read his comments as him agreeing with them - as I'm sure some do. Until I realized that's exactly what he is doing. Some realize he is mocking, some won't. At least, that's how I see it, haha.

Oh i totally read it as sarcasm :p

Seriously though... IDK what this achieves. 

CfvH4_gUIAArkTs.jpg

Wasn't that comment an answer to people who didn't like the character? At least that's how I remember it. It wasn't a sacred oath.

ETA: Just read the"Fire Greg Berlanti". Hahahahahha.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 5

People really should do these Q&As in pairs or groups. It makes them much more dinamic and these two are really charming together.

Also, EBR's hair looks great. I hate her a little bit.

The arrow actors are getting feisty this weekend. Barrowman's smack down, Stephen politely kneecapping critics, and Emily's "I thought Arrow was a romantic comedy" plus her "I'm not going to give it up! Try me!" all feel like the actors saying "we've had enough of the vitriol". It's fun to watch.

• Love 17

The arrow actors are getting feisty this weekend. Barrowman's smack down, Stephen politely kneecapping critics, and Emily's "I thought Arrow was a romantic comedy" plus her "I'm not going to give it up! Try me!" all feel like the actors saying "we've had enough of the vitriol". It's fun to watch.

Ohhh wait... What kneecapping critics? I feel like I missed this. 

Also, yes, the Arrow Cast have been savage (and I hate using the term but it fits) this week. I love it :)

I think SA's being too polite, but I just realized he probably has to be on his best behavior right now because his TMNT 2 promotion is starting up. 

He did sneak in a "I hate awards shows" in one of the replies. Yes, Stephen. We can tell. :P

• Love 1

Ohhh wait... What kneecapping critics? I feel like I missed this.

Also, yes, the Arrow Cast have been savage (and I hate using the term but it fits) this week. I love it :)

I may have been a little hyperbolic, and I was talking about regular viewers and not professional critics. My impression is that he is telling people complaining about Arrow and how it's ruined to f*ck off in the most Canadian way possible. He seems to have little patience. Edited by thegirlsleuth
  • Love 1

Just a general question: Are the complaints increasing or is everyone just more sensitive on the topic at the moment. Because I feel as though the soap complaint has been around for ages. And quite frankly people who write that truly never read a comic book and are truly only upset because the soap opera doesn't go there way. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 2

It's increased with Arrow killing off a "canon" comic book character even though that character has nothing in common with the "canon" comic character. 

For me if I was a huge comic book fan I would be more pissed off about that. A name is just a name. I would need the spirit of that comic book character brought to life. Arrow's Laurel Lance did not do that for Black Canary. 

• Love 5

Dude! Speak UP!  

Sorry, I had trouble hearing his comments, she was quite loud though, kept having to adjust the speaker volume based on who was talking.

I did love his answer...people are passionate and nothing else.  LOL

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2