Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Is it horrible of me to say that I don't like this picture? The coat looks too much like a fur coat to me and I don't know why but to me it feels as though her face is photoshopped onto her neck. I know that this is not the case but I guess I cannot explain better why something bothers me about this picture.

• Love 1

Quick ET interview with SA  (he presented Best Kiss at the 2016 MTV Movie Awards) - I believe that my transcription is more accurate than what's reported in the ET news article...

-- Asked about his best onscreen kiss, SA: "Oh boy. It would probably be Emily Bett Rickards."
-- Asked why it was so good, SA: "Because she's a good kisser, right? .... There should always be like a nervous energy when you kiss somebody, and we had known each other and are such good friends before, like, in such a platonic, nonromantic way ... It sort of - it like instills and installs some of the - ah, some of the nerves that are needed for a kiss, that make a good kiss, right? So - there you go."

EXCLUSIVE: 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Reveals His Best On-Screen Kiss Ever
Published on Apr 9, 2016, by Entertainment Tonight

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Alex Kingston in Madison, Wisconsin (yesterday) - mostly interesting b-t-s stuff about Doctor Who and ER, but she did talk about Arrow starting at around the 38:20 mark (after mod said that she now had a "dotted line" to Arthur Darvill on LoT through her role on Arrow)...

-- AK: "Everyone on that show is really lovely.  Stephen Amell is amazing. (Audience cheers) He's a fantastic ... lead, not only in his capacity as an actual actor, but in terms of just keeping the group together. He's really, really good professional."
-- AK: "John - it's crazy. I keep seeing him but we don't actually have any scenes together yet, which drives me crazy."
-- AK: "Paul Blackthorne, who is Quentin, my ex-husband - he was one of my boyfriends on ER... (Audience laughs) So we go way back actually."
-- AK: "And yes, it would be great if Dinah Lance turned up on the spaceship, or whatever it is that Sara is now [unintelligible word] - (Audience member shouts, "Waverider") ... Waverider. C'mon, I got to turn up on Waverider. It would be great, yeah."

Alex Kingston Q&A - Madison Wizard Con 4/9/16
Published on Apr 9, 2016, by Anlorew

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

More on the WE LOVE ARROW and WE LOVE EMILY BETT RICKARDS trends from last week...

Arrow Feed ‏@Arrow_Feed
This has been a pretty fantastic #Arrow appreciation week. A big thank you to every one of you who participated! ❤
CfmlipNXEAAQNPX.jpg
6:08 AM - 9 Apr 2016

https://twitter.com/Arrow_Feed/status/718787788901126145

Arrow Feed ‏@Arrow_Feed
Another successful trend yesterday. We trended WW + in 5 other countries! Thank you to everyone who participated! ❤
CfmPN-mWIAE0udp.jpg
4:30 AM - 9 Apr 2016

https://twitter.com/Arrow_Feed/status/718763111424135168

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

Let's see if I can embed the clip:

Edit: Apparently not, but here's the YouTube clip of Paul Blackthrone and Alex Kingston in ER.

Thank you!! I grew up on ER, so everyone feels a little like a distant/familiar relative. I knew PB felt vaguely familiar when I saw him on Arrow but the American Accent makes him seem different. Once he talks in his native accent he always feels very familiar, but its probably just he accent.

ETA - Thanks to @TVEcho too!

Edited by kismet

Who created that poll and what's the purpose exactly?

Those quesrions strike me as just typical fandom bullshit

Why yes those questions do seem loaded but we wouldn't want the poll takers to get misleadng results ; )

• Love 3

"Should Arrow be cancelled after season 4" hahahahalol.

I guess they missed the memo? LOL

This makes me nervous. Apararently it's being advertised on Reddit.

Apparently the Reddit fanboys are planning to derail the Q&A. Hopefully the moderator will be able to work around the stupidity Edited by Morrigan2575

Well, I blame Guggenheim but probably not for the reasons the bitter fans do. He's an awful storyteller. The pacing on the show sucks. He goes for plot over character development. But I'm guessing that's not the point the poll creator wants to make.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 8

Well, I blame Guggenheim but probably not for the reasons the bitter fans do. He's an awful storyteller. The pacing on the show sucks. He goes for plot over character development. But I'm guessing that's not the point the poll creator wants to make.

Yeah, I'm not a fan either but the way that question is disguised makes me laugh.

• Love 1

Why yes those questions do seem loaded but we wouldn't want the poll takers to get misleadng results ; )

That whole poll reminds me of the one done on Reddit after they rejected the GATV poll because it didn't tell them that Olicity and Felicity were the worst. Then when he didn't get the results he wanted in his super secret Reddit poll he refused to report/disclose the information.

No one involved with Arrow production or the networks or the media are going to look at this as anything other than butt hurt fans being butt hurt (assuming they even see it).

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 14

No one involved with Arrow production or the networks or the media are going to look at this as anything other than butt hurt fans being butt hurt (assuming they even see it).

Backlash only counts to networks/studios if it's covered by serious media -- i.e. it becomes what the majority of the conversation about the property is about within the professional coverage. See: The 100. Also see: Bats vs. Supes.

• Love 7

Arrow and its fandom has to be one of the most confusing from the outside.

If you go by comments you would think Felicity had more screentime than Oliver, that Felicity is incredibly unpopular, that Laurel has been Olivers key relationship throughout the series and that ratings were tanking.

And yet what can be proven is the opposite. She clearly doesn't have more screentime than Oliver, her merchandise is in demand and best selling, Laurel hasn't had a place in the show in since S1 and ratings are great.

• Love 15

Hopefully Aisha Tyler can keep the reddit fanboys in check.

Those clips just made me sad I didn't get more of Alex Kingston on Arrow. I imagine if Laurel's character had taken off that we would have seen more of Dinah.

IIRC, her season 1 apperance was brief because she was doing Hamlet on Broadway at the time but it would have been nice to see more of her later. Although not nice enough to keep Laurel as the leading lady and love interest though.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I thought that FB Q&A supposed to be about the new short that Emily is doing with Aisha.  Why then would anyone then use it as a sounding board for bitching about Arrow--especially since Emily has no control over that show?

• Love 3

Arrow and its fandom has to be one of the most confusing from the outside.

If you go by comments you would think Felicity had more screentime than Oliver, that Felicity is incredibly unpopular, that Laurel has been Olivers key relationship throughout the series and that ratings were tanking.

And yet what can be proven is the opposite. She clearly doesn't have more screentime than Oliver, her merchandise is in demand and best selling, Laurel hasn't had a place in the show in since S1 and ratings are great.

I think that's the view from the inside, if you're in fandom [not just Arrow fandom, but if you navigate in fandom spaces in general] and know where the comments live. If you're not in fandom, chances are you're not looking AT fandom to gather how a show is perceived. You're looking at much more general things.

From the outside, the show's ratings are steady as ever, especially for a fourth season; the show's renewed to a 5th season and hurling towards 100 episodes; the latest visible worldwide trend on Twitter is "we love Arrow"; the lead actor has a blockbuster coming in a friendly franchise.

• Love 20

That whole poll reminds me of the one done on Reddit after they rejected the GATV poll because it didn't tell them that Olicity and Felicity were the worst. Then when he didn't get the results he wanted in his super secret Reddit poll he refused to report/disclose the information.

Well shoot I hope I didn't ruin another super secret reddit poll. I was only trying to help so they wouldn't have bad data from a sampling bias.

• Love 3

Well shoot I hope I didn't ruin another super secret reddit poll. I was only trying to help so they wouldn't have bad data from a sampling bias.

Sorry, I was not trying to make you feel bad about posting this. I was just pointing out how we've been through this fandom creating a poll to get the results i want thing before. The network doesn't care, it's not going to change anything and if they don't get the results they want they'll just lie.

One of the questions was if you supported Olicity.  Makes me wonder if they plan on deleting an aswers they don't like.

http://iwasborntobe-bad.tumblr.com/post/142583460545 ... People are really taking it out on him in every way possible... As if his movie has anything to do with the rest...I get that you are mad but isn't there a point where it becomes more or less ridiculous? 

PS: I don't really know how to include the screenshot, so I am posting the url...I hope that is ok...

He's handling it all really surprisingly well. I figured he'd have blown his top by now.

• Love 1

I support Olicity in that I think it has made Oliver happy but I'm not an Olicity only shipper. There should be a maybe or a depends or for now in the options. Agenda polls disguised as neutral are annoying.  

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I thought that FB Q&A supposed to be about the new short that Emily is doing with Aisha.  Why then would anyone then use it as a sounding board for bitching about Arrow--especially since Emily has no control over that show?

For the same reason that disgusting comments were posted on things she wrote trying to promote the charity shirt. Because people are lashing out in unhealthy ways.

• Love 14

There's a point and we are past it already, LOL

Seriously. Do these people watch the show? Oliver and Felicity have been "together" more or less for two years now, while Laurel was still breathing. She was probably going to be in the wedding that Felicity just canceled. The wedding that they were going to have...while Laurel was still alive, lmao.

• Love 15

I'm not sure I get his answer, though. Do you think it's the same DGAF attitude?

Yeah, plus, as always, supporting whatever the current storyline is. They are broken up...he ain't gonna give away that they're not staying that way. This is the guy who actually tried to make ppl think OLIVER was dead and staying dead. 

• Love 3