Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

He could have had two separate tweets if he really wanted to make a point, but this way it's almost like he's congratulating KC on not sending him death threats, which is pretty shitty. Surely she deserves a tweet that's actually about her? 

• Love 2

I suspect "which character's death will get the most response in social media" is now part of the decision making process in killing fictional characters across all shows, really. For all showrunners talk about "creative decisions", the new world order is you need to find ways to get Nielsen to put your show in their social media rankings.

• Love 7

Eh, I don't feel like blaming anyone. The reaction would have been bad no matter who was in that grave. Except maybe Thea and Quentin?

Agreed.  My comment wasn't meant to be an indictment towards any particular group of viewers, just pointing out that with any show whenever a liked character gets killed off the unmitigated rage goes off the charts on social media and it takes thick skin to withstand its intensity.  I've hated plenty of things producers/writers have done on shows that have made me very angry, but usually I avoid throwing it right in their faces on their computer screen because after all, they're still living, breathing people.  That's what I think Marc's trying to remind them of, even if it probably would have been smarter just to remain silent for a few days so people could calm down for a bit.

(edited)

So besides #Arrow, did anything else trend last night?

Did Laurel or Black Canary even trend?

ETA: just an FYI #Arrow is still trending on twitter!! it's at 90K tweets!

ETA2: never mind that's just in my city, lol.

Edited by foreverevolving

Agreed.  My comment wasn't meant to be an indictment towards any particular group of viewers, just pointing out that with any show whenever a liked character gets killed off the unmitigated rage goes off the charts on social media and it takes thick skin to withstand its intensity.  I've hated plenty of things producers/writers have done on shows that have made me very angry, but usually I avoid throwing it right in their faces on their computer screen because after all, they're still living, breathing people.  That's what I think Marc's trying to remind them of, even if it probably would have been smarter just to remain silent for a few days so people could calm down for a bit.

Oh, on this I agree completely. Sometimes it's easy to forget from behind a screen.

I would hope KC keeps it classy if she wants to continue to work. I'm interested in what she says at cons, she's not very good a joking around or keeping her feelings in check in person.

She could keep it as classy as the guy from The100. I think after a couple of months her truer feelings will come to the front but won't be anything bad, just dissapointment.

From the 4x18 episode thread:

I've been wanting to write a long post about how ironic it is that seasons 1-2, which are considered Arrow's strongest seasons, were the ones that deviated the most from GA's comic canon and comics in general. Meanwhile, the endlessly panned seasons 3-4 are the ones where the show lifted storylines straight from the comics.

Yes, THANK YOU. Please write your post because this has been bothering me too! There were far more canon storylines, characters, references, etc. in S3 alone than in the first two seasons combined so why the sudden grief about "not following the comics" now?

The other thing that bugs is that I see a lot of criticism that Arrow is Batman-lite but I'm pretty sure that was done for good reason. DC was never going to allow Berlanti & Co. to do small screen Batman so instead gave them the closest character they had to him. It's a given that from the very beginning they were going to steal a whole bunch of plots and characters from the Batman world so again, I'm not sure why that's now again suddenly become an area of criticism in freaking season 4.

• Love 12

^ I feel the only thing comic canon that bothers these people is the whole LOLiver. It always comes down to them not doing L/O together. I've seen plenty of this on Facebook. What's funny is they are all guys. That's why you see all these others coming out of the woodwork proclaiming they stopped watching the show because it didn't go their way. That's truly the only comic canon thing they wanted. Even though it kept hitting them over the face that they were done with that in season 1.

• Love 6

From the 4x18 episode thread:Yes, THANK YOU. Please write your post because this has been bothering me too! There were far more canon storylines, characters, references, etc. in S3 alone than in the first two seasons combined so why the sudden grief about "not following the comics" now?

Pretty sure the crux of the problem here is LAUREL never got comic canon stuff given to her. Not even after the rise o'Buckles.

Funnily enough, some of the closest to comic book canon they made a character before S3 was the truckload of Black Canary stuff they gave to Sara. But apparently that doesn't count because reasons?

• Love 10

I'm honestly surprised that the cast hasn't tweeted KC or anything about Laurel. All the Writers did, the EPs, some former guest stars but not a peep from the cast.

The closest one is PB liking tweets about his performance and the occasional LL/KC one.

JB was retweeting MM and Thea ones and responding to some between takes last night. A lot of them were from the ArrowWriters who tweeted a lot about KC/LL. He skipped right over those.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm honestly surprised that the cast hasn't tweeted KC or anything about Laurel. All the Writers did, the EPs, some former guest stars but not a peep from the cast.

The closest one is PB liking tweets about his performance and the occasional LL/KC one.

JB was retweeting MM and Thea ones and responding to some between takes last night. A lot of them were from the ArrowWriters who tweeted a lot about KC/LL. He skipped right over those.

Echo K tweeted something nice. But yeah, it's a little weird.

Maybe because  it's technically not KC's last episode?She'll be featured significantly in next week's flashbacks.

Edited by lemotomato

Both from respective Instagram accounts.

tumblr_o5a8xbeidE1v8vtnio1_500.png

emilybett ONE MORE DAY and NINE HOURS LEFT TO… BUY THIS SHIRT!

wear this tee and get crazy! Think of all the things you could do!

Raise money for autoimmune research and take baths too! #BathroomTherapy#AARDA 

CfeFB7ZWIAA-lep.jpg

I'm throwin it back to cabin fevers @coltonlhaynes @fantasesay @emilybett @jarettsays #tbt

They're doing the table read for the finale episode. EK's snap.

(edited)

She could keep it as classy as the guy from The100. I think after a couple of months her truer feelings will come to the front but won't be anything bad, just dissapointment.

The guy from the 100 already scored a new more exciting role. KC  doesnt have that (and i dont expect any big role coming her way) . Ricky Whittle also seemed to have support from Peter Roth and Mark Pedowitz to leave the 100 mess. KC expressed in interviews the wish to return if they will have her.

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 2
(edited)

I don't know. I really want to believe she didn't read it, because it's not like the review was an epic poem about her.The only time he praised her  was literally a sentence in the end wishing her good luck and better things in the future. The rest was how the show has jumped the shark and hate towards Olicity, so..

I'm thinking, given what the fans tweeted her -  "Thank you for supporting her"- she thought it was a review with lots of praise about her and she thanked him.

Or, she really demonstrated appreciation towards someone bashing the show.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1
(edited)

Forbes reviewer Erik Kain has actually posted negative things about Laurel in past reviews of Arrow episodes, but he saves his greatest hate for Olicity.  Last year he posted an article titled "For Arrow to Survive, Olicity Must Die" - so he probably thinks his latest headline is a clever bookend to that. My reading of his past reviews is that he would prefer that Oliver revert to being the S1 ruthless killer vigilante who's alone, although he would tolerate Oliver being with Sara because they're both alike, while he thinks Felicity belongs with Ray Palmer because they're both alike.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Erik Kain is the reviewer for Forbes. I want to believe she didn't actually read his review, and that was just her responding to a fan that @ him and her, thanking him for supporting her. I want to believe. I really do.

Given that I've just seen what else KC is liking on twitter, I think she knew exactly what she was doing with that tweet. Such professionalism. Much class. I've been giving her the benefit of the doubt on many things (the fridge picture after Sara died, for example) but no. I guess she's reached the past caring IDGAF stage. 

Well okay then.

Given that I've just seen what else KC is liking on twitter, I think she knew exactly what she was doing with that tweet. Such professionalism. Much class. I've been giving her the benefit of the doubt on many things (the fridge picture after Sara died, for example) but no. I guess she's reached the past caring IDGAF stage. 

Well okay then.

What is she liking? I just saw tweets of people saying they will miss her or that she was their fave - nothing compromising.

What is she liking? I just saw tweets of people saying they will miss her or that she was their fave - nothing compromising.

To be fair, most were innocent. But there was a few tweets wishing for the show to end. One in particular said it was too bad how stupid drama and tumblr dictates the show now. I mean...come on. There are some things you just stay away from. Anyway, that's all I'm gonna say. 

I have a REALLY hard time giving her the benefit of the doubt on the fridge picture. Getting in a fridge and having someone take a picture is not a...typical...thing to do. It absolutely had to have been in response to complaints that Sara was fridged for her, and it's a pretty nasty response.

• Love 6

This is the same person that got into that twitter fight with Chrissy Teigen over Erin Andrews. She's shown that she can be petty and shady on social media. I think KC knows exactly what she's doing thanking Erik Kain for that article and favoriting tweets with the #noLaurelnoArrow.

She's still scheduled to attend a bunch of cons after this. Part of me hopes someone is ballsy enough to ask her what she thinks of the hashtag when she's on stage.

• Love 5

This really doesn't seem like the smartest long-term approach for her to take. Justified or not she has a not-great rep in the industry, she just got more or less canned from the show (blah blah LL's story came to its organic conclusion, blah...it all boils down to they wanted her gone), she's nearing 30, which is practically ancient for women on the CW, and Berlanti has a whole empire built up on multiple networks. Pissing him, in particular, off seems very stupid.

• Love 6

Not trying to defend her liking some of the nasty tweets people have made, but at least as far as the show is concerned, I can't really blame her for throwing shade and being passive aggressive. Nobody likes to get fired and I think most actors--especially if they view themselves as a lead character--do it to a certain extent. Is it the best approach? Probably not, but I don't think KC is unusual in that regard. Actors in general aren't really known for humility so the ego takes over and it gets them in trouble.

• Love 2
(edited)

We know she was all excited when they let CL go, so she can take over the role she was promised. Not only was she posting a pic of her in a fridge when Sara died, she also posted a pic of her mask fitting an ep after Sara died. That was just not necessary. She doesn't seem to have a filter when it comes to acting professionally. She didn't say anything during the Chicago HVFF but she showed up hours late (which I know is not unusual behavior from her) and from reports she acted subdued during most of it. While CL acted exactly the same way she acts at any Con, which is why none of us expected her death in the episode they were filming during SDCC. 

I understand being upset and angry. No one likes being fired. But one should stay off of Social Media if that is the case especially if you are in the entertainment industry.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 13

I interview potential employees at my job and if they bad mouth their previous employers they are removed from consideration. It's a huge red flag.

Considering the rumors she has following her around (true or not), I would avoid even the 'shady' label.

• Love 5

The rumors aint gonna hurt her, if she was as bad as some want to believe, it wouldve been made public. She already has her former bosses praising her, she'll be fine.

KC can be shady all she wants, but then she should really stop posting old photos of her with EBR.

Her relationship with EBR most likely has nothing to do with whatever her views are on the show.

• Love 2
(edited)

The rumors aint gonna hurt her, if she was as bad as some want to believe, it wouldve been made public. She already has her former bosses praising her, she'll be fine.

Her relationship with EBR most likely has nothing to do with whatever her views are on the show.

She's supporting a hashtag that implies the show should not exist without her.  Which would mean EBR would be unemployed. Not a very nice thing to wish on a friend.

Then again, she was positively gleeful when CL got written off the show, and now that she's got LoT they're suddenly buddy-buddy and all "Sisters! Muah!" so whatever. Actors are weird.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 6
(edited)

The hashtag is calling for the cancelation of the show. So she basically supporting her besties and people who supported her like Bamford and Paul to lose their jobs.

Its not rumors that will make it hard for her to find a new job. Its facts. And people in the industry are aware of them.

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 7
(edited)

She's supporting a hashtag that implies the show should not exist without her.  Which would mean EBR would be unemployed. Not a very nice thing to wish on a friend.

Then again, she was positively gleeful when CL got written off the show, and now that she's got LoT they're suddenly buddy-buddy and all "Sisters! Muah!" so whatever. Actors are weird.

She also liked, commented approvingly on, and followed the author of, an article that said her "friend" ruined the show. Soooooooo.....

Re the idea that she'll be just fine career-wise...if she's so awesome and popular and not at all unprofessional...

why is she doing car shows?

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 12