Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

IMO- I think it's creepy that the fandom is not only finding these photos, but also sharing them on Twitter. EBR is a minor in them, and it's just a weird to take them from someone else's SM account and then share them. Especially since EBR didn't post them herself and we have no idea the connection she has to the person who did post them. 

• Love 3

IMO- I think it's creepy that the fandom is not only finding these photos, but also sharing them on Twitter. EBR is a minor in them, and it's just a weird to take them from someone else's SM account and then share them. Especially since EBR didn't post them herself and we have no idea the connection she has to the person who did post them. 

I ddin't know she didn't post it I thought it would've been posted by someone like her friend like Fanta... Whoops. I don't go on instagram or whatever so I never really know... 

Yeah you're right it is creepy. I'm going to take it down. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

I ddin't know she didn't post it I thought it would've been posted by someone like her friend like Fanta... Whoops. I don't go on instagram or whatever so I never really know... 

Yeah you're right it is creepy. I'm going to take it down. 

Please don't take my post as an attack against you! I was talking about the original person who found them, and then continued to find them and post them. (And then people making them into fanart for Oliver/Felicity...) 

Please don't take my post as an attack against you! I was talking about the original person who found them, and then continued to find them and post them. (And then people making them into fanart for Oliver/Felicity...) 

Don't worry! I agree with you. I was under the assumption that it was one of EBRs friends (like Fanta)  posting it and not a friend from a while ago (which begs the question why she's posting it now :p) .

But yeah, unfortunately when it comes to being famous there really isn't a thing as boundaries. If it's on the internet the fandom can most definitely find it and whatnot. It makes me feel kind of bad for them... No wonder EBR doesn't like going to cons :p Boundary can be an issue with some people. 

• Love 1

I honestly don't get what the problem is. I checked out the IG account that posted it and it was one of the girls in the photo. She posted it as tbt pic. Should she have not been allowed to post it because one of the group became famous?

When celebrities post old photos of themselves with friends who stops and thinks maybe the not famous people didnt want their face on Twitter.

It's the nature of social media.

I guess what makes me feel a little iffy is the intention of why that was posted. I don't feel like it was posted for a reason that's 100% kosher if that makes sense? And then to have that sort of distributed online would be uncomfortable maybe for EBR? IDK It just kind of feels wrong for me. Or maybe it's 6am where I'm at and I'm just being overly sensitive :p I guess we'll see

Do I want to know what the #FelicityEXPOSED hashtag on Twitter is about?

It's about the CW Arrow account being shady as hell towards Felicity. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

I honestly don't get what the problem is. I checked out the IG account that posted it and it was one of the girls in the photo. She posted it as tbt pic. Should she have not been allowed to post it because one of the group became famous?

When celebrities post old photos of themselves with friends who stops and thinks maybe the not famous people didnt want their face on Twitter.

It's the nature of social media.

When the person suddenly comes out of nowhere and posts a photo it's weird. And considering this person has never been mentioned by EBR before it just seems iffy and not for the right reasons. I think one of my issues is that EBR is a minor in these photos, and the majority of them were not even on the first few rows of the girl's Instagram account (only the first one was). So it shows that the fandom is digging even deeper for photos of a celebrity when they were a minor from an unknown source and then tweeting them. 

tumblr_o1pa1g4ZHT1qf67ndo1_540.png

Plus, EBR wondering where they came from (and not just addressing the original person directly) leads me to think that she has no idea where they are coming from.. Which is creepy. If photos from when I was 17 were suddenly showing up all over Twitter and such? I would be freaked out. 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 3

Oh I would hate it personally and it would make me super uncomfortable. I understand where you are coming from.

But I'm also uncomfortable with the idea that because EBR is famous, she has ownership over old friend photos. Regardless of the users reason for posting those when she did, it's her social media account and it's her photos.

If EBR found those and posted them, would this even be a conversation? Would anyone question the ages of the girls? She doesn't seem to be friends with them anymore, would anyone wonder how they would feel?

I'm betting no.

• Love 6

Maybe that tweet's about EBR being protective of her friends' privacy. EBR might be weirded out on behalf of her friend that people are creeping through her old friend's social media accounts and stealing pics. I don't know if that friend had ulterior motives or whatever, but that girl might not understand that EBR is famous now and people are going to rifle through her account and take pictures that EBR happens to be in. Her current friends obviously understand that, but this girl might not.

Edited by AnyoneButYou

I guess what makes me feel a little iffy is the intention of why that was posted. I don't feel like it was posted for a reason that's 100% kosher if that makes sense? And then to have that sort of distributed online would be uncomfortable maybe for EBR? IDK It just kind of feels wrong for me. Or maybe it's 6am where I'm at and I'm just being overly sensitive :p I guess we'll see

It's about the CW Arrow account being shady as hell towards Felicity. 

I really don't understand their reasoning. I mean, I dont like Laurel but I don't expect for the show's official media to undermine her. 

Maybe that tweet's about EBR being protective of her friends' privacy. EBR might be weirded out on behalf of her friend that people are creeping through her old friend's social media accounts and stealing pics. I don't know if that friend had ulterior motives or whatever, but that girl might not understand that EBR is famous now and people are going to rifle through her account and take pictures that EBR happens to be in. Her current friends obviously understand that, but this girl might not.

Maybe. And yeah I do think it's pretty gross that people do that and spread it around.

My main thing is the implication seemed to be that the user was wrong for posting her old photos because EBR was in them. I didn't think that was right.

Fans going through IG accounts and finding those photos, yeah thats not cool.

• Love 2

There's another one with PB and SA in the suit. Same length.

https://twitter.com/amellywood/status/693027101381783552

Regarding the tweets from Brian Ford Sullivan, did he mention how come he was on set? I got the impression that the writers usually weren't, especially since they're in LA and the production is in Vancouver.

Alwo, if someone could clear up the difference between being credited as a writer and for the teleplay, I'd be grateful. He has different credits for different episodes on IMDb.

Edited by bijoux

Arrow often has a writer on set, and sometimes gives them co-producer credit when this happens. Usually this is because the show anticipates that production problems may require last minute script rewrites; in some cases it's because the episode moved into production before the networks and DC sent back all of the comments. (Guy Norman Bee said that Arrow can get CW and WB feedback as late as the 7th day of filming, plus the later feedback on the network/affiliate screeners.)  In the case of "A.W.O.L." my guess would be that Arrow assumed they would have issues with some of the "Afghanistan" stuff, and possibly the Felicity/Goth Felicity stuff. I'd be shocked if the "Afghanistan" scenes didn't have a couple of last minute rewrites.

I don't think that IMDB is particularly good at getting writing credits correct, even assuming that the studio correctly credited everyone in the first place, which in my experience doesn't always happen. To oversimplify, however, story credit is for contributing to the idea of a character or the plot; writer credit is generally for story and blocking; teleplay is the physical script.  It seems that for some episodes of Arrow, two people break/block the story, and then two other people write the teleplay. 

• Love 6

Maybe. And yeah I do think it's pretty gross that people do that and spread it around.

My main thing is the implication seemed to be that the user was wrong for posting her old photos because EBR was in them. I didn't think that was right.

Fans going through IG accounts and finding those photos, yeah thats not cool.

My issue was more with the fandom and less with the original user. I have no issues with someone posting "TBT" photos of celebrities, but I always tend to be questionable of the reasons behind them when the person appears to no longer be friends with the user. 

But don't get me wrong, it was the fandom I had issue with. Those photos are online yeah, and I guess the argument could be made that if it's online it's fair use. But the entitlement the fandom has towards every photo of a celebrity ever is gross. Taking the one that was recently posted is okay I guess? But when you go snooping and finding Facebook accounts and going back 7 years for photos is too much. 

• Love 2

Poppy forever.

Also, what a terrible picture of her. Per IMDB she was born in November, 1984, making her not even 32. I don't believe that.

I don't know. She's got dirt make up on. How flattering is that unless you're a supermodel?

I assumed it was make up but I honestly don't know.

I think it's sun damage, based on her overall cleanliness in that picture, and her sun-worshipping pics on Instagram. I have far less sun damage than she does, and I'm ten years older. That's a big part of why she looks so much older than SA. He sometimes looks his age, but often looks kind of dewy and pink-cheeked. I mean, looking back, Moira overall looked younger than this lady (except for her hair...I loved her, but her helmet hair aged her).

• Love 1

I think it's sun damage, based on her overall cleanliness in that picture, and her sun-worshipping pics on Instagram. I have far less sun damage than she does, and I'm ten years older. That's a big part of why she looks so much older than SA. He sometimes looks his age, but often looks kind of dewy and pink-cheeked. I mean, looking back, Moira overall looked younger than this lady (except for her hair...I loved her, but her helmet hair aged her).

I still don't get why any of that is a problem.mplenty of people read older. For instance I thought KC was older than her age when I saw her on this show. Nothing to do with skin, from what I've seen she has really lovely skin, just something in her features. I was also surprised when Isabel announced she was still in her 20s. I think it was because of the undereye circles which made her look tired. And finally, we aren't told that Poppy is an 18-year-old. She can be older than Oliver. So what?

I'm just really uncomfortable with all this criticism of her appearance. When honestly, there valid reasons for criticism. Both the role and the way she portrays it, ranging from underwhelming to terribad. I get things like criticism of Eva Longoria portraying a former supermodel on Desperate Housewives because at five foot nothing that doesn't make sense. Is it that Oliver is supposed to demonstrate interest in her? Not that I've seen indication of it so far, but it's not like he's in Starling with hot chicks throwing themselves at him. Her coming off as abrasive, foolish and just uninteresting are far bigger obstacles in my books than the actress's looks. Which are really normal from where I'm sitting.

• Love 8

I still don't get why any of that is a problem.mplenty of people read older. For instance I thought KC was older than her age when I saw her on this show. Nothing to do with skin, from what I've seen she has really lovely skin, just something in her features. I was also surprised when Isabel announced she was still in her 20s. I think it was because of the undereye circles which made her look tired. And finally, we aren't told that Poppy is an 18-year-old. She can be older than Oliver. So what?

I'm just really uncomfortable with all this criticism of her appearance. When honestly, there valid reasons for criticism. Both the role and the way she portrays it, ranging from underwhelming to terribad. I get things like criticism of Eva Longoria portraying a former supermodel on Desperate Housewives because at five foot nothing that doesn't make sense. Is it that Oliver is supposed to demonstrate interest in her? Not that I've seen indication of it so far, but it's not like he's in Starling with hot chicks throwing themselves at him. Her coming off as abrasive, foolish and just uninteresting are far bigger obstacles in my books than the actress's looks. Which are really normal from where I'm sitting.

Is it really not okay to say that I think an actress is unattractive? Because, I mean, I do. I don't think she's attractive. That is separate and apart from saying that I think she's a poor actress, which I also think. But people are on this board all the time saying how hot SA is, or EBR, so if we're not supposed to discuss actors' attractiveness, that shuts down a lot of fairly shallow but perfectly allowed discussion.

• Love 1

I wasn't trying to police what you were saying, just expressing my reaction to it. And it's not just you, I've seen other posters express this opinion as well. Your post was simply the latest so I used it as a starting point.

Shhhh let me have this

It still works. They're all happy bc they didn't get canned. KC wasn't there bc she's so sad that she DID get canned. Had KC been there the rest would have toned it down, but she wasn't, so they didn't.

SA, WH, DR and EBR are still in costume for the show... and I don't think EBR is wearing the ring in that video.

Well, they're broken up in the episodes they're filming. (Is this a spoiler? I don't think so considering the ring was missing in the flash forward. But let me know if I should add a spoiler.)

RE Poppy.

She was on Supernatural last season playing a sex worker that dealt in souls for sex. And she looked pretty damn hot in a lowcut slinky dress. I think it's a lot of makeup and is intended for her to look haggard because stuck on an island etc.

Edited by catrox14

You think they know?

Wendy and Marc went up to Vancouver in the past week. Whoever is in the grave got the memo or specific directions how it all will play out. They did the same with Susanna and Colin. Just that Andrew was the one giving the actors the heads up that their character is being killed off. The cast also must be aware that when EPs (both of them) come to Vancouver around the last leg of season its to tell them its the time (especially with the grave mystery around the corner).

CZvZuJzWEAAPgNa.png

CZvZuLhWkAEz1SY.png

• Love 4

Here's what I have so far for 2016 comic cons with Arrow guests (if anyone has anything else, please post - thx!)...

Dallas Comiccon Fan Days, February 13-14, 2016 (Dallas, TX)
Stephen Amell, John Barrowman and Katie Cassidy (also Robbie Amell and Danielle Panabaker)
http://dallascomiccon.com/

Wizard World's Portland Comic Con, February 19-21, 2016
John Barrowman (also Arthur Darvill and Alex Kingston)
http://www.wizardworld.com/home-portland.html

Heroes & Villains FanFest-Chicago, March 12-13, 2016 (Rosemont, IL)
Stephen Amell, David Ramsey, Katie Cassidy, Willa Holland, Paul Blackthorne, Katrina Law, Colin Donnell and Neal McDonough (also Ciara Renee, Teddy Sears, Danielle Panabaker and Carlos Valdes)
http://heroesfanfest.com/chicago/

Salt Lake Comic Con FanXperience, March 24-26, 2016
Paul Blackthorne, Charlotte Ross, Alex Kingston and Summer Glau
http://saltlakecomiccon.com/

Justice Squad Convention, May 7 & 8, 2016 (Paris, France)
Colton Haynes (also Wentworth Miller, Jesse L. Martin and Rick Cosnett)
http://www.guestsevents.fr/en/justice-squad-convention-2/

Rogue Events' The City of Heroes 2, May 13-15, 2016 (Birmingham, United Kingdom)
David Ramsey, Katie Cassidy, John Barrowman, Colton Haynes and Amy Gumenick (also Tom Cavanagh, Danielle Panabaker, Carlos Valdes, Falk Hentschel, Keiynan Lonsdale, and Peyton List)
https://rogueevent.co.uk/wordpress/city-heroes-2/

Cheyenne Comic Con (C3), May 13-15, 2016 (Cheyenne, WY)
Katrina Law
http://www.cheyennecomiccon.com/index.html

Super Heroes Con II, June 11-12, 2016 (Paris, France)
David Ramsey, Katie Cassidy, Willa Holland and Colin Donnell (also Danielle Panabaker and Carlos Valdes)
http://www.people-convention.com/pages/conventions-a-venir/super-heroes-con.html

Amazing Las Vegas Comic Convention, June 17-19, 2016
John Barrowman
http://www.amazinglasvegascomiccon.com/

Heroes & Villains FanFest-New York, July 2 & 3, 2016 (Secaucus, NJ)
Stephen Amell
http://heroesfanfest.com/newyork/

Florida Supercon, July 1-4, 2016
Alex Kingston
http://floridasupercon.com/

SAN DIEGO COMIC CON INTERNATIONAL, July 21-24, 2016
No guests posted yet, but assume Arrow cast/producers will attend.
http://www.comic-con.org/cci

Heroes & Villains FanFest-San Jose, August 27 & 28, 2016 (San Jose, CA)
Stephen Amell
http://heroesfanfest.com/sanjose/

Rebel Spartacus III, September 24-25, 2016 (Paris, France)
Manu Bennett
http://www.people-convention.com/pages/conventions-a-venir/rebels-spartacus-3.html

NEW YORK COMIC CON, October 6-9, 2016
No guests posted yet, but assume Arrow actors/producers will attend.
http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/

Fan Expo Vancouver, November 11-13, 2016
Stephen Amell and John Barrowman
http://fanexpovancouver.com/

Middle Earth Con, November 12-13, 2016 (Paris, France)
Manu Bennett
http://www.people-convention.com/pages/conventions-a-venir/middle-earth-con.html

Heroes & Villains FanFest-Atlanta, November 19 & 20, 2016 (Atlanta, GA)
Stephen Amell
http://heroesfanfest.com/atlanta/

Edited by tv echo