Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I don't put any of the blame for Darhk on Neal. He's truly getting the most out of what he's been given. The problem is that the writing is stalling Darhk. He's there, but he keeps doing the same thing. Even with his attacks getting personal, I don't feel the threat has been upped after the last episode. After 4x09, yes. But not after 4x10. Slade really had much better writing and progression and so far the biggest impact because we were shown all the facets of his and Oliver's relationship over the course of two seasons. That's hard to beat.

• Love 9

Thanks to Smoak & Arrow for posting these fan tweets...

k ♕‏@MyFutureQueen
3 vendors at #HVFF all said that #FelicitySmoak #Funko pop was the first one to sell out, then John Diggle #OTA #OG3 #Arrow
12:38 PM - 24 Jan 2016

https://twitter.com/MyFutureQueen/status/691359451501166592

k ♕‏@MyFutureQueen
Tried to buy a #FelicitySmoak pop from a vendor at #HVFF. Sold out quickly. Said he underestimated her popularity. But will not do so again! http://tmi.me/1fbXIB
11:11 AM - 24 Jan 2016

https://twitter.com/MyFutureQueen/status/691337607054237698

B with wifi ‏@Olicityx
Most common phrase at #HVFF: "there's another Felicity" or "there are so many Felicitys here" @ARROWwriters
1:53 PM - 24 Jan 2016

https://twitter.com/Olicityx/status/691378421671301120

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

It was, but he also said that "we" left the tip so others were involved in it as well. It goes to everyone's credit that they rewarded the staff for opening the place for them in such bad weather.

• Love 1

It was, but he also said that "we" left the tip so others were involved in it as well. It goes to everyone's credit that they rewarded the staff for opening the place for them in such bad weather.

I didn't read that... I just saw this post. 

But if everyone did, kudos to all of them! That bill must've ended up being really expensive!

• Love 1

This was Stephen's face when someone asked about the BMD stuff and why Oliver lied... He clearly either hated the question or hates the storyline. Based on his answer, I'd say the latter... I'm right there with you Stephen... Huh... That's the first time in a LONG time I said that

tumblr_o1hb3zgEPW1tvmjsko1_500.gif

Hey, I recognize that face! That's the one he made whenever Raylicity was brought up.

• Love 4

Positive report on how SA and JB handled the cancelled Saturday session of HVFF...

'Arrow' Stephen Amell shows fans once again he's a real life superhero

Chrystal Mahan   January 24, 2016 7:16 PM MSThttp://www.examiner.com/article/arrow-stephen-amell-shows-fans-once-again-he-s-a-real-life-superhero

Wow, what a kissass. Don't get me wrong, I think they played the hand that they were dealt the best way possible, but real life superhero is a lame way to praise this.
  • Love 2

David R. Liked a tweet calling Olicity fans roaches. Then he Unliked it. He is now on my list of people to unfollow.

If this was something he does consistently, then unfollow him.  I've accidentally liked something before and then went back and unliked it.  I wouldn't put too much thought into this unless he does it again.

• Love 2

Is it really though? That's maybe 50-100 people buying the merch? 

Kay. 

ETA: for the record, I think it's ridiculous to indicate anything as "proof" that any kind of move would kill the show, but...come on. 

4lBpv6v.png

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 8

Ok? And what does that have to do with their funkos selling out at a comic-con? Not to mention that there are plenty of shows out there that don't have that much merch that do fine in ratings. Merch sales would probably take a hit, but that's not what I am talking about.

Edited by Primal Slayer

Ok? And what does that have to do with their funkos selling out at a comic-con? Not to mention that there are plenty of shows out there that don't have that much merch that do fine in ratings. Merch sales would probably take a hit, but that's not what I am talking about.

What are you talking about? You're joking about there being a small market for Felicity and Diggle merch, when 3 of Felicity's items are bestsellers on the WB Store. I wrote right below that that I thought it was ridiculous to imply that any one move would "kill" the show. Just addressing your comment, nothing more. 

• Love 4

What are you talking about? You're joking about there being a small market for Felicity and Diggle merch, when 3 of Felicity's items are bestsellers on the WB Store. I wrote right below that that I thought it was ridiculous to imply that any one move would "kill" the show. Just addressing your comment, nothing more. 

How's the Laurel Lance stuff selling? Like the Laurel Lance Funko Pop, etc.?

Edited by AyChihuahua

DP

How's the Laurel Lance stuff selling? Like the Laurel Lance Funko Pop, etc.?

Considering she doesn't have a funko yet and her action figure isn't out, nothing is selling with her which is fine.

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 1

Considering she doesn't have a funko yet and her action figure isn't out, nothing is selling with her which is fine.

Really?!? So there's probably a huge groundswell movement for her to get a Pop and an action figure, like there was for Felicity, right?!?

• Love 1

No, I was responding to a link of tweets saying how their funkos sold out at HVFF and how that means that the series would go down without theose two characters.

I misunderstood your initial post - I though you were somehow implying that 50-100 people total were buying Felicity and Diggle merch. 

I thought she did have an action figure?

I wonder how they track the Black Canary Funko Pop. I think most fans consider it Sara.

ETA: It must be difficult to track Black Canary on social media because of the cross mediums.

Edited by Chaser

Really?!? So there's probably a huge groundswell movement for her to get a Pop and an action figure, like there was for Felicity, right?!?

Fans have asked about it, but either way, it don't matter to me since I never said anything about their funkos or their action figures selling in general. 

I wonder how they track the Black Canary Funko Pop. I think most fans consider it Sara.

She does have her own figure, it comes out in March. And the first Funko released is Sara, but I thought there was a 2nd wave Pop coming out that is Laurel. Not sure.

Edited by apinknightmare

Idk but Katie has signed plenty of the Black Canary funko pops so there are probably plenty of people who just consider it both of them. But her action figure is suppose to come out end of Jan? I think.

Edited by Primal Slayer

You mean the customized ones? Yeah not an official one. People made customized White Canary funko pops for CL also. That just mean the fan invested money to have it made.

Edited by Velocity23

She does have her own figure, it comes out in March. And the first Funko released is Sara, but I thought there was a 2nd wave Pop coming out that is Laurel. Not sure.

IIRC they said that Felicity was apart of the 2nd wave and someone asked about Laurel and Speedy but I'm not sure if they ever confirmed it. But if they are doing a 2nd wave of Arrow Pops, I would think so. I also hope they do another Diggle.

Didn't they try and just repackage the Black Canary Funko Pop and say its for Sara and Laurel? I remember something about a tweet and the fans going off.

Edited by Chaser

The only thing Funko has confirmed is that there's going to be a wave 2 of Arrow pops. Nothing on which characters will be made.

Personally, I'd love a Diggle-as-Diggle-not-Arrow pop. And I don't see the point in making a BC version just for Laurel because the only changes would be the weapons and the neckline. And buckles, I suppose.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2

They should make them for all of the characters, as long as there's a market there. They only made Felicity because so many people asked for them. There has to be interest otherwise what's the point.

I'd love a Diggle one, maybe with a removable helmet/mask (I still hate that damn thing LOL) so I can have a complete OTA.

Laurel Lance does have an action figure. It's available on both the DC Entertainment site and the WB television site. I haven't seen it for sale anywhere else, but then again I haven't been looking.  She's also featured on a first season mug and in some of the calendars.

I don't think that merchandise selling out at any one particular event means all that much - it's very possible that vendors looked at the storm and underestimated attendance, or that Arrow merchandise didn't sell as well at the last event they attended, so they packed with that in mind. I will also say that, in my opinion, Arrow and Flash are not, shall we say, maximizing merchandising opportunities, so I'm a bit cautious about reading too much into any of it.

Having said that, given the increasing importance of ancillary revenue, which includes merchandise sales, to Hollywood studios (there's a reason why you, too, can own your very own How To Get Away With Murder throw pillow!) I imagine that DC, WB and CW are paying very close attention to what sells, and what doesn't. They're in business to make money, after all. And with the show, if I had to choose between focusing on a character whose action figure sold out in a few weeks, and a character whose action figure never sold out at all, well, I have no idea who I would choose, but I know who television executives would choose.  

• Love 10

Natalie Abrams posted a poll on Twitter asking "Who's in the grave?" and listing (in order) Diggle, Quentin, Donna and Roy. And now her mentions are going off, LOL! She's not wrong not including Laurel, IMO. It's not going to be the parakeet "because comics." I just don't think her death is going to happen no matter how hard I wish it. These people love their masks, think anybody in mask is a hero (I still am shaking my head that Pedowitz mentioned female heroes and listed Killer Frost; that tells you how much understanding they have regarding mask wearers). I'd be ecstatic to be proved wrong but I just don't see it happening when they are collecting masks left and right.

Wow, what a kissass. Don't get me wrong, I think they played the hand that they were dealt the best way possible, but real life superhero is a lame way to praise this.

I don't think it's to sucking up. I mean Stephen aND John did this. Just the other week I was mentioning how much this cast does for the fans. The con was canceled and they weren't obligated to leave their hotel rooms. They go out of the way to make sore that we know how much they appreciate us.

• Love 6

Personally, I'd love a Diggle-as-Diggle-not-Arrow pop. And I don't see the point in making a BC version just for Laurel because the only changes would be the weapons and the neckline. And buckles, I suppose.

Is there a Diggle-ass-Arrow pop?

Natalie Abrams posted a poll on Twitter asking "Who's in the grave?" and listing (in order) Diggle, Quentin, Donna and Roy. And now her mentions are going off, LOL! She's not wrong not including Laurel, IMO. It's not going to be the parakeet "because comics." I just don't think her death is going to happen no matter how hard I wish it. These people love their masks, think anybody in mask is a hero (I still am shaking my head that Pedowitz mentioned female heroes and listed Killer Frost; that tells you how much understanding they have regarding mask wearers). I'd be ecstatic to be proved wrong but I just don't see it happening when they are collecting masks left and right.

Roy and Dig also have masks.

I don't think it's to sucking up. I mean Stephen aND John did this. Just the other week I was mentioning how much this cast does for the fans. The con was canceled and they weren't obligated to leave their hotel rooms. They go out of the way to make sore that we know how much they appreciate us.

I honestly think they were great this weekend by all accounts. But that does not equate a real life superhero. Now, if SA dragged someone out of the snow, then we'd be talking. My only issue is the wording of the article which I find eyeroll worthy, not anything done by anyone at the con.

• Love 1

Interacting with fans is one of SA's favorite things to do.  He loves the attention whether it be at cons, on his FB, or walking in an airport.  It is probably what drives him to be a better actor and take more diverse roles moving forward.  And this isn't a bad thing either - that is one of the joys of being a successful actor, the fruits of their labor so to speak.

He put his name and reputation behind HVFF, and although he went out of his way to make sure fans had a good time, I think he truly wanted to make sure they knew how much he appreciates their support and their commitment to what he is doing.

• Love 5

Roy and Dig also have masks.

Yes, they do, but I just don't count Diggle as a mask. His costumed persona is not an established one in comics like BC, and I guess that's what I wasn't clear about in my initial post. Roy is off the show, and unless they bring him back for an arc to re-establish his relationship with the other characters, he's not the grave resident, me thinks.

Abrams added that you can only list 4 options in a Twitter poll. 

Still, adding a one-episode guest star over a regular? Sure. 

Not gonna really defend her choice, but even here we talked about bringing back Roy or Nyssa just to kill them. That being said, perhaps she should have had two polls one with regulars and one with guest/former regulars, because it is not a valid poll if the options are not equivalent.

Edited by kismet

I don't think the polls are important at all but I think the point being made is that certain journalists have a very obvious bias about some characters. It's actually pretty funny.

I don't think the polls are important at all but I think the point being made is that certain journalists have a very obvious bias about some characters. It's actually pretty funny.

To be so bitter about a character to leave Felicity's name out of an article that mentions almost every single female character in the LoFlarrow universe is kind of funny :p I mean, I'd hate it to be a reputable journo, but NA is pretty terrible what with how she writes and twists words to get those extra hits.

• Love 1

To be so bitter about a character to leave Felicity's name out of an article that mentions almost every single female character in the LoFlarrow universe is kind of funny :p I mean, I'd hate it to be a reputable journo, but NA is pretty terrible what with how she writes and twists words to get those extra hits.

I know. Exactly.  

And I use the word 'journalist' in its lowest and loosest form. LOL.

It's not just her though.  The review at Green Arrow TV wrote "Some great character moments with Oliver and Laurel standing up to each other, the support between Diggle and Lyla, and John and Andy reconnecting."  I guess he wasn't impressed by any scene with Felicity in it.

It's not just her though.  The review at Green Arrow TV wrote "Some great character moments with Oliver and Laurel standing up to each other, the support between Diggle and Lyla, and John and Andy reconnecting."  I guess he wasn't impressed by any scene with Felicity in it.

lolll that guy is literally the worst though. He blocked me on twitter even though I've never interacted with him or tagged him in anything. I was just blocked because I'm an Olicity shipper. 

There's also that comment he made in some post recently sarcastically saying that of course Diggle can't die because of precious OTA  (the post reeked of bitterness)... 

• Love 1

Again, that dude is totally transparent in his bias. 

I think the most unbiased reviewers are:

• Alasdair Wilkins
  • Chris Hayner
  • Matt Mitovich (yeah he clearly wants LL to happen but he doesn't let that bleed into what he writes)
  • Damian Holbrook
  • Jesse Schedeen (IGN)
  • Eric Goldman
  • Alan Sepinwall (He clearly doesn't like where the show has gone, but he's pretty unbiased imo)
  • Jessica Breaux
  • Laura Hurley (interesting b/c she obviously dislikes Laurel but she gives her props where it's due)

Most bias reviewers: 

• Natalie Abrams
  • Craig Byrne
  • Jenny Raftery (Vulture)
  • Anyone who writes for Pajiba
  • TVOvermind people
  • Whoever does those stupid round tables
  • Guy from Forbes
Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 4