Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I don't think it was a hissy fit at all, but once he came back with the Colton reply, I was sure we were in for one. I was waiting for some numbered tweets. I'm not sure what he was going for with the response - he could've seen "cheating" in there and not read far enough to realize the guy was clearly referring to Oliver & Felicity & Roy.

What gets me is some of the other people commenting who either didn't read far enough either or just want to jump on the Stephen band wagon (i.e Colton, Carina (Emily's roommate) or others in general) and try to put this guy on blast for making a joke, SMH!

Not completely reading or thoroughly understanding something leads to things like that, which lead to 1/2 ass attempts at humor to deflect from the ant hill that was turned into a mountain all because he didn't read it beyond possibly seeing the words "cheating" and having Emily in the picture IMO.

Bahaha seriously?

Seriously. The cw_arrow twitter is like, 70% Flash and LoT retweets. 

No the script pages and teased dialogue is fine I like those, its when he talks about the show or randomly drops something for Arrow after binging on promoting other things he's doing. I don't specifically know how to tie it to one thing but something about Marc just pisses me off.

I'm just thankful he's not answering questions on Tumblr anymore.

• Love 2

It wasn't a hissy fit but it did seem like we were heading for one. Sometimes you never know which way he's gonna go. LOL.

I say this with respect but he needs to lighten up a bit. This business is a harsh one. Getting defensive over dumb things is pointless tbh. It's all meaningless in the end. 

• Love 1

Ooh, low-level intrigue! Will Colton and/or Emily respond? Will Stephen? Will they all just ignore it, because...awkward!

Open mouth, insert foot is what Stephen just unintentionally did. Going to go out on a limb and say he probably wasn't expecting that response from Tyler. It just keeps getting better and better in all the wrong ways lol!

• Love 3

Maybe Danforth helped out, who knows? I do know FS & PT have been funding the campaign. It was supposed to be a joke.

Btw this photo twitter with SA is hysterical. I never thought much of the photos in the first place. They're just not my cup of tea. But now I find this all so funny to watch.

Personally I don't think SA minds, but I think his wife minds which is why he is inconsistent with his chill and freaking out responses. So when the wife is pissed its reflected in his social media response. I still think its beyond hysterical that a grown man ended any post with So There....

Edited by kismet
  • Love 4

Personally I don't think SA minds, but I think his wife minds which is why he is inconsistent with his chill and freaking out responses. I still think itshhysterical that a grown man ended any post with So There....

I was just coming here to say that I wonder if it's really his wife he's kind of protecting more than himself.  IIRC, she's gotten a lot crap thrown her way and the insinuations that he's in a relationship with his co-star might get tiresome to constantly hear about.  Just as an EXTREME example, apparently many years Jensen Ackles had a stalker that claimed she was already married to him and was sending hate to his wife before they got married.  And just a few days ago someone on Twitter was sending truly disgusting threats of violence to and about his wife and his TWO YEAR old daughter. I'm sure that person was a troll but you never know.

I don't think SA is being that much of a douche in this particular situation. JMO

• Love 7

I have a lot of respect for how EBR has handled things. She has gotten sent hate and tagged on some truly inappropriate things from fans. She doesnt address that dark side. And it doesnt seem like it has censored her words either (i.e. House of Cards view parties and talking about no boundaries). She just seems to ignore the bad and stay in her bubble.

• Love 16

A lot of people, like a LOT, are pretty cray cray. There are people who actually think there is a secret United States Constitution that in many ways contradicts the actual U.S. Constitution. There are people who genuinely believe every moon landing was a fake. There are people who truly believe the Holocaust didn't happen. Arguing with cray people is a losing proposition. As many have said before, arguing with assholes on the internet is like trying to drown a vampire with your own blood.

I mean hey, if he finds it fulfilling, he should have at it. I really doubt that he does, though. And now he has a major movie coming out in which he's paired with a hot young actress who's in the middle of a divorce. Fighting with cray people, and again, there are a LOT of cray people, who think he's having an affair with this woman or that woman or that guy, will just ruin his day, and eventually make him look unnecessarily volatile and defensive.  

• Love 2

There are more crazy people these days because of the anonymity of the internet.  And more dangerous because the new trend is to geo-lock your tweets so that people know where you are, or where you aren't (e.g. at home) which makes it easier to stalk.

• Love 1

A lot of people, like a LOT, are pretty cray cray. There are people who actually think there is a secret United States Constitution that in many ways contradicts the actual U.S. Constitution. There are people who genuinely believe every moon landing was a fake. There are people who truly believe the Holocaust didn't happen. Arguing with cray people is a losing proposition. As many have said before, arguing with assholes on the internet is like trying to drown a vampire with your own blood.

I mean hey, if he finds it fulfilling, he should have at it. I really doubt that he does, though. And now he has a major movie coming out in which he's paired with a hot young actress who's in the middle of a divorce. Fighting with cray people, and again, there are a LOT of cray people, who think he's having an affair with this woman or that woman or that guy, will just ruin his day, and eventually make him look unnecessarily volatile and defensive.  

Sure that's one thing, but IMO this is different. This is PERSONAL towards him, his wife and his costar.  This isn't really the same thing as your conspiracy theories or other random crazy things.  IMO SA is between a rock and a hard place on this.

We only see what is public, we don't know if he or his wife get actual hate snail mail or hate DMs or creepy shit that is way out of bounds. Again, just as an extreme example, Jensen told a story that his parents have been sent things in the mail...so I'm just saying maybe this is a situation that I think was probably blown out of proportion by him but maybe something else prompted him to respond. JMHO

• Love 6

I just think that constantly feeling the need to defend your personal life would be so exhausting. I'm sure it's difficult for anyone to read hateful things about themselves, but this doesn't stop it. Seems like a lot of expended energy for something that reaps absolutely no reward, and probably makes the truly assholish people want to goad him even more, so they can get a response, too. Social media has got to be a difficult thing to deal with for famous people and their loved ones, but this same thing will happen with Megan Fox, and whoever else he stars in something with down the line. 

Seems like he's doing what he loves, and has a pretty charmed life. He and his family have a beautiful house and go on vacations that most of us could never dream of. They know their business, and if everything's copacetic, then I just do not see the point in expending any kind of effort or energy to change the opinions of randos on the internet.

If it makes him and/or his loved ones feel better though, good for him. It would tire the hell out of me.  

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 10

I was just coming here to say that I wonder if it's really his wife he's kind of protecting more than himself. IIRC, she's gotten a lot crap thrown her way and the insinuations that he's in a relationship with his co-star might get tiresome to constantly hear about. Just as an EXTREME example, apparently many years Jensen Ackles had a stalker that claimed she was alr

My computer ate my post. :( Basically it said that I don not think SA is being a douche in the situation. I totally understand his desire to protect his family. I dont ever wish the crazies and the scary people on anyone. And it must be hard for his family. But I find his behavior on social media and Twitter especially, very funny at times. This is just another classic SA moment.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 4

For those of you who are amused by SAs hilarious hissy fit...

Check out @summer0001's Tweet: https://twitter.com/summer0001/status/687399972854198272?s=09

Can we have this as flashback Oliver's new wig?

I do though look forward when the crazies set their sights on rumor mongering he and Megan Fox as a secret couple (assuming they actually have chemistry on screen, lol) if nothing else to divert attention for a while.  I want the actors on Arrow to feel like they are allowed to be comfortable and relaxed around each other and right now, I don't feel like SA feels he can around EBR (and vice versa)  It would be a relief, I'd imagine, when all that scrutiny shifts elsewhere.  It must be exhausting constantly on guard against feeding the rumors. 

His social media proclamations aside, I don' really get the impression that they're not comfortable around each other. Certainly not on screen, and they pose on set together, plus SA teased the "you're coming with me" line in a Facebook video. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Love 6

It's especially funny to me since he was obviously trying to condescend to the guy about not being able to tell the difference between reality and fiction, when he's responding to a tweet about fictitious people as if they're real. I hope he's not done for the night.

Honestly, yes his whole attitude it's funny, but also kinda disappointing. I mean, he is the first to identify himself with his character and joke about it when someone encourages him to punch some people or shoot arrows or whatever, yet he gets so sensitive and judgey and "learn to separate fiction from reality! God, you people are so dumb/pathetic/silly!" with this? At this point he should take issue with people encouraging violence as well. "It's a tv show, I'm a pacifist." C'mon, Stephen.

ETA: To clarify, I'm not expecting nor wishing he'd actually do that, it's just that I find the condescending attitude towards fans irritating :)

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1

Maybe he was just having a bad day?

I wrote this above, but his meme Monday folder is full of IRL pics of him and EBR where the meme maker is pretending they're Oliver and/or Felicity. Based on that, I would've thought a tweet like that guy made was perfectly fine with him. If it's something that really bothers him or his wife, then he should stop posting those things to his page, haha.

• Love 4

Maybe he was just having a bad day?

I wrote this above, but his meme Monday folder is full of IRL pics of him and EBR where the meme maker is pretending they're Oliver and/or Felicity. Based on that, I would've thought a tweet like that guy made was perfectly fine with him. If it's something that really bothers him or his wife, then he should stop posting those things to his page, haha.

Maybe he was. Maybe he should, haha. It did seem really weird. I remember that video he did last year when he said he wouldn't apologize to Brandon Routh for not remembering his made-up word because 315 and Raylicity had happened, so..? Choose, Stephen.

However, did they held a press screening for episode 9? I don't remember. I think they might for 410, @insidethetube was asking for questions.

Edited because my English especially sucks today.

Edited by looptab

Actors should just ignore it, laugh it off or have fun with it.  David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson had to put up with a lot of real life shipping back in the day and again now that they're doing press for the X-Files revival.  They never dated and married other people, but lots of fans wanted them together in real life because of their incredible on-screen chemistry.

• Love 1

For those of you (like me) who are still trying to get a Felicity Smoak Funko POP for a reasonable price, GameStop now has her listed on their website for pre-order (at $10.99) with a release date of Jan. 30, 2016:
http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/pop-tv-arrow-felicity-smoak/125567

Also, Amazon.com has dropped their insanely overpriced listing (previously, $19.99 + some high shipping cost) down to $12.40 + free shipping on orders over $35, with the item listed as being 'In Stock on January 19, 2016':
http://www.amazon.com/Arrow-Felicity-Smoak-Vinyl-Figure/dp/B0189HCMZQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452867623&sr=8-1&keywords=felicity+smoak+funko+pop

ETA: Amazon has dropped price even more (see updated info above).

Edited by tv echo

Awesome! I never thought this was for Vanity Fair. Nice!

They weren't done for Vanity Fair, this set was just published first on the VF web site, but still good publicity for Em and Colton (and maybe even better for Tyler and his book).

ETA: A lot of tweets crediting VF now, so maybe they were done for VF?

Edited by Carrie Ann

I just find it hilarious that he is directing all this attention at EBR. Any Arrow content is like 75% EBR/Felicity/Olicity.

Guess it never occurs to him that his fav could use someone talking about her.

What does KC have to do with any of it?

What does KC have to do with any of it?

With his hatred of anything EBR and Felicity, I'm sure nothing. I'm just saying KC and Laurel aren't getting a lot of attention so I would think he would spend more time promoting her instead of trashing EBR everywhere.

There are people who truly believe the Holocaust didn't happen.  

Those people are not Cray Cray they're downright Antisemitic hate ideology filled ... there's isn't even a word for those kind of people, calling them any animal would be an insult to that animal.

• Love 2

I'm so happy for EBR and think it's great she's growing more comfortable with promoting herself. Yassss Queen!

They weren't done for Vanity Fair, this set was just published first on the VF web site, but still good publicity for Em and Colton (and maybe even better for Tyler and his book).

ETA: A lot of tweets crediting VF now, so maybe they were done for VF?

I wasn't sure if they were specifically done for VF or not but on his IG Colton thanked them for letting him and EBR gender swap for the day so it sounds like it. But yeah, it's great publicity!

Edited by Angel12d