Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Who's thinking that redesign is a good idea now at the beginning of winter? 

tumblr_o0o7ux9YTx1qamyw8o1_540.jpg

amelladventures // Hanging with the best stunt man in the business @simonburnettstunts – Simon likes to stay warm and cozy when we’re shooting nights and it’s… zero. #NoSleeves #NotCold#WouldNotLieToBarryAllen #Skin –

(This was posted on SA's Facebook page, and I tried for many minutes to embed, link, or somehow get this pic and caption officially into this comment box. Needless to say, I failed. If anyone can PM me how to do so, I'd appreciate it. Anyhoo, this came from Facebook.)

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 4

I will never not hate the Green Arrow costume. He looks like a cartoon. I'm pretty sure I hate it more than Diggles Helmet and Laurels Buckles.

Speedy, you win best costume. Wear those threads with pride.

• Love 13

I will never not hate the Green Arrow costume. He looks like a cartoon.

I agree wholeheartedly. I still am not used to the look. The old one looked so much better. It still don't understand why the look had to change for the worse. And if it was Stephen's idea to not have any sleeves than I really don't have that much sympathy.

• Love 6

I agree wholeheartedly. I still am not used to the look. The old one looked so much better. It still don't understand why the look had to change for the worse. And if it was Stephen's idea to not have any sleeves than I really don't have that much sympathy.

Let's hope it's a lesson to him on how adhering to comics doesn't work well in reality.

Oh, I think he regretted blurting that out pretty fast, but now he's stuck with it.

The new suit doesn't always look awful. Faint praise, I know. I think I mind more what it represents than the suit itself. The first one was more functional and grounded in reality as much as it can be for a vigilante dressing up in green leather. This one is more comicy and reflects the shift in the tone of the show.

• Love 9

James Bamford's favorite stunts of season 4 so far...

Arrow | Stunts: Best of Season 4 | The CW
Published on Jan 8, 2016, by The CW Television Network

Marc Guggenheim ‏@mguggenheim
Four years, not a single Emmy nomination for Arrow Stunts. #whyimnolongeramemberoftvacademy http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/09/james-bamfords-favorite-arrow-stunts-so-far/
11:59 AM - 9 Jan 2016

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/685913772003733504

Edited by tv echo

I will never not hate the Green Arrow costume. He looks like a cartoon. I'm pretty sure I hate it more than Diggles Helmet and Laurels Buckles.

Speedy, you win best costume. Wear those threads with pride.

^this

They should've gotten a nom in S1&2. 3&4 though? Not so much.

Yup, this year's stunts (and last year's) leave a great deal to be desired.

Edited by chaos is welcome
  • Love 4

No stunt nominations is what you get when the stunts have become more about how they look aesthetically rather than displaying impressive stunt work. They'd rather focus on the 4 masks being on screen together and hair flips than show something really gritty and unique. It doesn't help that the stunt doubles are really obvious and easy to spot. This season it's mostly KC's stunt double but I could even see SA's in the latest trailer when he's beating up some Ghost. It's just badly done. I don't remember this problem when the focus was just on Oliver. They've lost direction with the focus split on too many masks. I don't care if it makes the comic fans happy. Trying to turn this show into a mini Justice League is doing more harm than good. 

All that being said, Emmy noms are hard to come by, especially if you're on the CW network. They've got no chance.

Edited by Guest

I don't think the dress is too bad, not my fave but not terrible either. I think it's better than the shapeless one she wore last year, I think? The one with weird ombré effect that I thought looked kind of cheap.

Not sure if the top really was that sheer or if the flash bulbs made it more revealing. She can definitely pull off the deep 'v' though. That neckline looks good on her.

Edited by GirlvsTV

I think the outfit is mediocre (and the purse doesn't quite fit with it), but I'm mainly sad that her shirt/top of dress didn't pass the camera flash test. Also I wish her hair was a little more polished, and less like she'd come from the gym. 

• Love 1

I think the outfit is mediocre (and the purse doesn't quite fit with it), but I'm mainly sad that her shirt/top of dress didn't pass the camera flash test. Also I wish her hair was a little more polished, and less like she'd come from the gym. 

I think her nipples are visible, and she doesn't seem like a girl who would intentionally show her nipples, so yeah, flash test your dress, girl.

I believe she is wearing metallic nipple covers.

Personally if all my boobs except my metallic nipple-covered nipples were showing bc I hadn't flash-tested my dress, I'd be embarrassed. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned, though.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 5

Personally if all my boobs except my metallic nipple-covered nipples were showing bc I hadn't flash-tested my dress, I'd be embarrassed. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned, though.

She probably knows her dress shows her boobs, but that is Hollywood fashion for ya. 

It looks like a very bad reject skating dress from a cheap version of the Black Swan.

The top doesn't really bother me even if it fails the flash test. Her sternum is definitely on display. But the skirt is just horrible ~ too long and too feathery for her height.

• Love 2

More information on EBR's outfit at the Golden Globes...

Some of the more extraordinary post-party style that definitely did not go unnoticed was worn by Emily Bett Rickards from the CW hit show “Arrow”. She looked stunning in a black feathered gown by Australian designer OGLIA-LORO and sported a fabulous AEVHA London Dromeda Clutch.

Glamour wins at the Golden Globes
Sari Cohen LA Fashion Trends Examiner January 12, 2016 7:17 AM MST
http://www.examiner.com/article/glamour-wins-at-the-golden-globes

Edited by tv echo

Here's another mention of EBR in connection with Golden Globes fashion and close-up pics...

... At the various Golden Globe after parties held by InStyle, NetFlix, and the Weinsteins, the ladies stepped out in their finest couture, boobs and butts and glorious bits shining with the glimmer of a thousand body lotions. And while "Arrow" star Emily Bett Rickards went sheer, she decided to wear the pasties that Melissa George did not....

2016'S GOLDEN GLOBE AFTER PARTIES WERE FULL OF GORGEOUS HOTTIES
3 hours agoby: Cherry Liquor
http://www.joblo.com/hollywood-celebrities/gossip/2016s-golden-globe-after-parties-were-full-of-gorgeous-hotties-652

ggap-rickards1.jpg

ggap-rickards2.jpg

ggap-rickards3.jpg

Edited by tv echo

That's just fugly.

And apparently, I have no sense of style because EBR got a "win" for her GG Party dress and purse

http://www.examiner.com/article/glamour-wins-at-the-golden-globes

Some of the more extraordinary post-party style that definitely did not go unnoticed was worn by Emily Bett Rickards from the CW hit show “Arrow”. She looked stunning in a black feathered gown by Australian designer OGLIA-LORO and sported a fabulous AEVHA London Dromeda Clutch

Only posting here because we were talking about her dress here.  I'll also copy into the News and Media thread.

Edited by Morrigan2575

It's not my favorite but I don't hate the dress. I think it's good that she's willing to try different styles. She's young, it's the time to do it. My only problem is that it turned see-through under the flashlights but that's a designer mistake. The top needed to be thicker material. And the purse doesn't go with the outfit at all. She'd have been better with a small silver or black clutch or something.

Haha, I'm so glad I'm not famous so I don't have to deal with this!

That dress is a little too sheer for my liking but I thought EBR looked good in it, regardless (and her pics with Aisha Tyler were very cute).

Off topic, but OH MY GOD MELISSA GEORGE'S DRESS MY EYES MY EYES THEY BURN SOMEONE POUR ACID ON MY BRAIN.

I was thinking that it couldn't be that bad but then I went to the link and... oh, honey. It's, also, been really nippy in LA at night so that dress seems like the worst idea to wear. I just don't understand fashion.

• Love 2

I don't think EBR looks bad per se, but I don't think whoever dressed her did a very good job flattering her figure. I've noticed that a lot of time the costumers/fashionistas don't take into account how much Emily's short stature skews how clothes look on her. This dress is a prime example--it was definitely made for someone at least 5'8" or taller. The show had the same problem with the blue Victoria Beckham dress they put her in last season. She looked fabulous from the knees up, but when you saw the entire head-to-toe look you could see that the length needed to be shortened about 4 inches. I'm not sure why these people don't make the requisite adjustments to make the clothes they pick look more flattering on her. Perhaps they're afraid of modifying a designer's work but if that's the case at least pick styles that are more forgiving on shorter frames.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 7

If you look through the evening wear section of that designers website there are tons of shorter dresses that would have looked fantastic on Emily. I wonder if she chose the dress herself, she does have a somewhat quirky dress sense.