Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

True. It could be she didn't realize the GL/HJ connection. 

There has just been so many tweets flying around that I don't feel were honest representations. It's making me annoyed. 

Based on the thread that Velocity23 posted, if she did let something slip, it doesn't seem like she did it intentionally. I hope someone took video.

I find it suspicious that no one else tweeted about the Hal Jordan reveal except for that guy, but then again, the other person refuting the claims says that KC didn't say anything about Green Lantern, not Hal Jordan. Maybe KC just misunderstood the question?

I'm also skeptical because KC has never really shown that she knows what's going on with the storylines for other characters, so unless LL is interacting with Hal Jordan, how would she know he shows up?

Apparently the person refuting the claim got the panel on video and she will post it to her blog to clarify things.

The person who tweeted it was live-tweeting with a group, one of the other members said she kind of did but she wasn't paying attention and another didn't mention it at all and based off of her twitter that is something she would jump on. 

Wait and See.

I haven't found video of the Monday (9/7) Arrow panel at Dragon Con 2015 yet.

However, here's better quality video of Sunday's (9/6) Arrow panel in 3 parts (this is the same panel that I partially transcribed on the previous page of this thread, but you can see the actors' faces more clearly in these videos)...

Arrow panel part1 [sunday]

arrow panel part 2 [sunday]

Arrow panel part 3 [sunday]

Edited by tv echo

I accidentally deleted the tweet thread that she replied to. It's back up a few posts upthread. Here: https://twitter.com/rjean_louis/status/640940653636096000

That fan tweeted other interesting tidbits from the Monday panel (titled "DC United-Live on DC TV" with KC, DP and MN) at Dragon Con on her twitter page - this is the fan that recorded the panel and said she would post a blog on it later (her blog page):

- KC said that Laurel was supposed to start out being BC, but then Sara Lance was created.

- KC said that she likes that Laurel doesn't have to be a love interest on Arrow.

- DP said that she would love to see more scenes between Caitlin and Felicity.

- DP said that they have shot up to ep. 6 and that Flash takes more leadership role in S2.

- KC said that stunt men tell her to go for it and that she smashed a guy into the wall once.

- KC said that she swung so hard, bellyflopped on sidewalk, got up and laughed.

- KC said that S4, things won't be as they seemed.

- MN said that creating Ra's, neutral accent, spoke quietly mainly.

- KC said that  since taking over the BC role, she does her own stunts up to a point, to a degree.

- KC said, in talks to do crossover with LoT.

- Someone asked if they would be interested in a Marvel role, MN open.

COT6EITWUAAkrym.jpg

FYI: The Dragon Con Pocket Program contains the full comic con schedule for each and every day.  The TV panels are listed on pages 14-15.  The program descriptions of the three Arrow panels are interesting (looks like both DR and CP had to cancel)...

Saturday (9/5):

Arrow: Loss Makes Us Stronger

Everyone on Arrow has faced terrible losses.

It can change you—sometimes for good,

sometimes not. J. Barrowman, S. Amell, K.

Cassidy, D. Ramsey, M. Nable; Sat 2:30 pm;

Atrium Ballroom [M]

Sunday (9/6):

Arrow: Two Sides to Every Coin

Light & dark, loss & love, choices made for

good & bad in Arrow. S. Amell, K. Cassidy,

D. Ramsey, M. Nable; Sun 11:30 am;

Atrium Ballroom [M]

Monday (9/7):

DC United—LIVE ON DC TV

DC Universe faces a challenge: the team-up

issue of Flash and Arrow in Atlanta. K.

Cassidy, D. Ramsey, C. Patton, D. Panabaker,

M. Nable; Mon 11:30 am; Cent. II–III [H]

Edited by tv echo

KC constantly contradicts herself in every interview she gives. That's why I've stopped paying attention to them, she doesn't seem to have any clue what she's talking about. 

Edited by Sakura12

A new promo pic (I think) - maybe just for the DVDs?

https://www.facebook.com/CWArrow/photos/a.132531336884907.23870.104137579724283/606135166191186/?type=1&theater

I'm not a Laurel fan, but I find the label of "Siren" for her to be kind of insulting? Like she simply lures in people through her song/sexual attractiveness? I don't get it. She's supposed to be a powerful fighter and yet they've associated her with a Greek myth where the women are seductresses?

(I'm not familiar with the full myth, so maybe I'm missing something.)

Note that the Arrow facebook post that accompanies this pic includes the provocative statement: "They will come together for the good of the city. The ‪#‎ArrowS3DVD‬ is available Sep 22, just in time for the season premiere Oct 7."

However, using this same promo pic, DC Comics tweeted "The Arrow can not stop her from taking her place as The Black Canary. #ArrowS3DVD", which implies a more adversarial relationship.

Edited by tv echo

A siren is also a warning. Which for me means "Stop, Do Not Watch!"

But I think they were trying to refer to her canary cry and couldn't put her as anything else because she has no other useful skill since she's not a master martial artist like the BC in the comics. 

• Love 1

Note that the Arrow facebook post that accompanies this pic includes the provocative statement: "They will come together for the good of the city. The ‪#‎ArrowS3DVD‬ is available Sep 22, just in time for the season premiere Oct 7."

However, using this same promo pic, DC Comics tweeted "The Arrow can not stop her from taking her place as The Black Canary. #ArrowS3DVD", which implies a more adversarial relationship.

Even the FB statement sounds like it's promoting a reluctant partnership, not a relationship that Oliver and Laurel want to be in. "For the good of the city" sounds like they've only "come together" because the city needs them. Kind of like how unhappily married couples stay together "for the sake of the children". 

• Love 1

Not to be Nostradamus, but SA & EBR are so talented that I could see them easily wanting to move onto new projects in 2-3 years. And I'm not sure how that bodes for the show. I have no idea what their contracts state. But I could see the characters permanently peacing out of SC to live in happiness beyond the city borders, leaving ARROW  to fight the good fight with LL/BC, TQ, CH/MT and whatever masked heros TPTB decide to bring in to pick up the cause. They could even try a reboot with the next generation & OQ's son. But I can see TPTB in a season or so preparing for the inevitability of losing two of the major characters & draws to the show. I know without SA, I'm not sure I would stick around for ARROW. I would give it a shot, but it just won't be the same. It's like when The Office lost Michael Scott. Some holes are just too big to fill.

I think the producers have said that "Arrow" will be around for as long as SA wants to be around. The show is not so wildly successful that it will outlast its title character leaving.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 6

I think the producers have said that "Arrow" will be around for as long as SA wants to be around. The show is not so wildly successful that it will outlast its title character leaving.

I agree completely.  

I'm honestly surprised by guys from Supernatural continue after this many years and haven't ventured out to other projects (or if they have, I haven't noticed).  Then again, I remember seeing Jensen on Days of Our Lives back in college.

• Love 1

A regular tv gig = steady reliable income, which is very much NOT the norm in Hollywood.

Honestly, it's the main reason I don't fully believe Colton left Arrow ~to pursue other things~ on his own. I don't really see anyone currently on Arrow leaving UNLESS they're offered something better.

• Love 3

I give it the original six years of SA's contract. He seems pretty ambitious, so I don't think he's going to stick around forever on a CW show. TMNT 2 (which I have no interest in seeing, I tried to watch the first one on Netflix and it was just boring), could be a good break for him to get into movies.

Re the SPN boys, they've done several (awful) horror movies and some straight-to-video movies that haven't gone anywhere. I think JP was in the remake of Friday the 13th or Halloween or whatever that was, and it made money, but it made money bc it was a remake of a classic, nothing to do with JP. (I think JA in particular is a very good actor, and I don't totally get why he's not offered more movie roles, but whatevs.)

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 4

A regular tv gig = steady reliable income, which is very much NOT the norm in Hollywood.

Honestly, it's the main reason I don't fully believe Colton left Arrow ~to pursue other things~ on his own. I don't really see anyone currently on Arrow leaving UNLESS they're offered something better.

I see them (esp SA) as having the potential of being offered something better & succeeding at it. A regular TV gig is steady income, not many would pass that up. But I could see them trying to renegotiate to allow for opportunities with perhaps keeping ARROW as a safety net. And then once secure in new things, leaving the show.

Agree with you on CH, there seems to be more BTS stuff that muddied the waters. I can't see him having as many opportunities thrown his way that warranted him leaving the show.

I see them (esp SA) as having the potential of being offered something better & succeeding at it. A regular TV gig is steady income, not many would pass that up. But I could see them trying to renegotiate to allow for opportunities with perhaps keeping ARROW as a safety net. And then once secure in new things, leaving the show.

Agree with you on CH, there seems to be more BTS stuff that muddied the waters. I can't see him having as many opportunities thrown his way that warranted him leaving the show.

Haven't we all said that in the past?  Haven't all the actors on CW shows thought that in the past?

Rory from Gilmore Girls

Jared/Jensen from SPN

Michael Rosebaum/Kristen Kurek/Tom Welling from Smallville

Sarah Michelle Gellar from Buffy

David Boreanz from Buffy/Angel

All of the actors from Roswell (only one that actually made it was Katherine Heigel).

Jessica Beal and the Older Brother from 7th Heaven (Jessica Beal, sort of made it)

All of the people from Dawson's Creek.  Michele Williams is the only one that actually made it. 

Chad Michael Murray from One Tree Hill

I'm sure there are plenty of others but they all had Movie offers based off the success of their TV Show and most failed to transition to the big screen.  Many people even questioned Nina's desire to leave The Vampire Diaries.  Yes, many have ended up with other TV Shows, although it wasn't automatic and I'd say only 2 really ended up being huge(ish) movie stars...really just Heigel and that was mostly due to Grey's Anatomy 

Edited by Morrigan2575

Haven't we all said that in the past?  Haven't all the actors on CW shows thought that in the past?

Rory from Gilmore Girls

Jared/Jensen from SPN

Michael Rosebaum/Kristen Kurek/Tom Welling from Smallville

Sarah Michelle Gellar from Buffy

David Boreanz from Buffy/Angel

All of the actors from Roswell (only one that actually made it was Katherine Heigel).

Jessica Beal and the Older Brother from 7th Heaven (Jessica Beal, sort of made it)

All of the people from Dawson's Creek.  Michele Williams is the only one that actually made it. 

Chad Michael Murray from One Tree Hill

They don't have to become A-list to get something better than a CW show. I would disagree with several from your list, too. I think Katie Holmes inarguably got better offers than a CW show, along with really both guys, too. SMG has had a very successful career outside of Buffy. Jessica Beal definitely has. Katherine Heigl. Boreanaz become the lead on a Fox show. Rory (who I deeply, deeply hate) has done fairly well, and her tv mom's done well, too.

Kristin Kreuk 100% did the best of any of them, because she was in Eurotrip, the reason for German anarcha-punk Matt Damon's all-time classic song, "Scotty Doesn't Know." Seriously, Eurotrip is crazy insane funny if you have a juvenile sense of humor. I die laughing every time I watch it.

I don't necessarily think SA is going to have a huge movie career. I do think, though, that he's likely to get better offers than the lead on a CW show, eventually.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 3

I see them (esp SA) as having the potential of being offered something better & succeeding at it. A regular TV gig is steady income, not many would pass that up. But I could see them trying to renegotiate to allow for opportunities with perhaps keeping ARROW as a safety net. And then once secure in new things, leaving the show..

Sorry, I just don't see that happening.

Gina Rodriguez -- if she gets the Star Wars gig -- is gonna give Jane the Virgin an actual problem. But I don't see anyone else on the CW right now with the potential of breaking big. There's no one else in their talent roster with Hollywood capital big enough to negotiate with the network like that.

Not to be Nostradamus, but SA & EBR are so talented that I could see them easily wanting to move onto new projects in 2-3 years. And I'm not sure how that bodes for the show. I have no idea what their contracts state. But I could see the characters permanently peacing out of SC to live in happiness beyond the city borders, leaving ARROW  to fight the good fight with LL/BC, TQ, CH/MT and whatever masked heros TPTB decide to bring in to pick up the cause. They could even try a reboot with the next generation & OQ's son. But I can see TPTB in a season or so preparing for the inevitability of losing two of the major characters & draws to the show. I know without SA, I'm not sure I would stick around for ARROW. I would give it a shot, but it just won't be the same. It's like when The Office lost Michael Scott. Some holes are just too big to fill.

I know if SA EBR and DR ever leave on their own accord or writers get stupid and kill off Diggle or Felicity or Both I'm out.

• Love 1

Honestly for all the years I've watched CW/WB & its been since at least the mid 90s, SA has the potential to crossover to movies. He might even wind up on a better TV show. Movies isn't the destination for everyone. But sometimes I think SA wants more than what the ARROW is offering him, whether it be movies or TV. Not that ARROW is not good, but its gonna run its course at some point.

@Morrigan2575 - The list you gave to me is still demonstrative of successful transitions**. Most of those actors are still working and doing projects they want to do. Some I think have also made life/work balance choices and picked projects or the lifestyle that makes them happy. And sadly (not to sound sexist), but unlike the females on the list SA doesn't have to face the career choices/delays that result from pregnancy or ageism. I think SA is ambitious & talented and that is a deadly combo. He doesn't seem like the guy that will be happy just staying on a safe show. He may be the next David Caruso or the next Chris Pratt. Personally, to me he feels like a Rob Lowe who will find always find himself quality work that is rewarding to him, but not always critically acclaimed.

I never thought Chad Michael Murray had any talent beyond his face, so I'm not surprised he didn't make it. And Katherine Heigl shot herself in the foot with her professionalism & poor choices. Don't mess with Shonda or the Emmys.

Edited for Clarification purposes - I meant transitions** to something better or more rewarding than their CW/WB show. Not just transitions to film careers.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

All of the people on my list made movies while staring in their CW/WB TV Show (some shows way more successful than others).  Heigel and Williams are the only ones to have real success post TV Show.  SMG failed after BTVS ended, she thought she'd become an A-List actress and it didn't work out for her.  David Boreanz didn't even bother to transition to movies and instead went to Bones (which he's has a producer credit).  The rest all tried and failed during/post shows and many ended up back on TV.  

CW/WB Actors continue to renew their contracts because it's a very steady paycheck.  Most actors on the CW/WB have a very difficult time transitioning to movies and having a sucssful (i.e. steady acting career).  And I'm sorry but that list is the very definition of a failed movie transition.  

All I'm saying is fans of every actor on those shows and the actors themselves all thought at one time or another...this guy/gal is so talented they're going to be HUGE in Hollywood.  And most end up failing in the movies and back on TV.  

Edited by Morrigan2575

Jared did House of Wax but that was so critically panned and I don't think it did well at the box office. I enjoyed it though lol

He was also the lead Male in the Friday the 13th remake and Jensen was the lead in a My Bloody Valentine remake

Also, it's still very much true that Hollywood in general thinks of the CW as "the pretty people television", and so they'll treat the talent AS pretty people -- meaning the kind of roles that you give to pretty people, regardless of talent. And I think there are super talented people on the CW roster, but it's not how it's perceived by the industry at large.

It's a super sad reality, but it is how it works.

Edited by dtissagirl

All I'm saying is fans of every actor on those shows and the actors themselves all thought at one time or another...this guy/gal is so talented they're going to be HUGE in Hollywood.  And most end up failing in the movies and back on TV.

I think we're talking about two different things. I am saying that after the six years of his contract I think he'll move on to better things than an, at that time long-in-the-tooth CW show. Not that he'll necessarily become a huge movie star. A lot of the people you named had successful non-CW careers. I can see SA wanting something on HBO or Netflix or some such, and let's be honest, any other network and most cable channels are more prestigious and better-paying than the CW.

• Love 3

Most CW/WB actors/actresses have struggled to transition to major movies, then end up struggling to find a tv show again. The ones that found moderated success is because they stuck to doing another TV show.

They all have/had a chance and few actually made it. While SA is good on Arrow I don't know how he'll be outside of it, not when he's competing against other actors that have been doing major movies their entire careers.  Now if we're talking about him getting a better tv show, then yes I can see that happening. But I don't see him having a major movie career. 

Edited by Sakura12

All of the people on my list made movies while staring in their CW/WB TV Show (some shows way more successful than others).  Heigel and Williams are the only ones to have real success post TV Show.  SMG failed after BTVS ended, she thought she'd become an A-List actress and it didn't work out for her.  David Boreanz didn't even bother to transition to movies and instead went to Bones (which he's has a producer credit).  The rest all tried and failed during/post shows and many ended up back on TV.  

CW/WB Actors continue to renew their contracts because it's a very steady paycheck.  Most actors on the CW/WB have a very difficult time transitioning to movies and having a sucssful (i.e. steady acting career).  And I'm sorry but that list is the very definition of a failed movie transition.  

You're right that most of your list are failed to movie transitions. Only Michelle Williams from that list has made a successful movie transition with serious award nomination credits. But I was talking about transitions beyond just movies. There is life after the CW/WB. We are currently in a golden age of TV, with often better projects on the small screen than on the silver screen. So there is no shame in winding back on TV.

SA needs to leave ARROW before it becomes all he is known for & just a genre/action/comic actor. However, depending upon his choices & offers he may walk himself right into a trap of being just another action based genre hero. A lot of the people on your list failed because of they even stayed too close to their brand or strayed too far away.

• Love 2
SA needs to leave ARROW before it becomes all he is known for & just a genre/action/comic actor. However, depending upon his choices & offers he may walk himself right into a trap of being just another action based genre hero.

Stephen gave up the indie movie with Susan Sarandon for TMNT, so he was the one who put himself in the typecast position. I see that as him actively pursuing the action star thing. He wants to be Tom Cruise, which, *ewwww*, but bless him.

But big action hero is what pays the big bucks these days AND gets you the largest visibility, and the means to big names [specially white male big names] to do smaller/vanity projects. So I get it.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 4

I love Kristen Bell but I wouldn't consider her career that amazing. She's most known for Veronica Mars and Forgetting Sarah Marshall which came out in 2008. Other than that she's not that well known. 

For me making it is like Will Smith made it or Chris Pratt made it to becoming major movie stars from being tv stars. Going from one popular tv show to another popular tv show is good, but I don't know if I can consider that making it in the Hollywood sense. 

I love Kristen Bell but I wouldn't consider her career that amazing. She's most known for Veronica Mars and Forgetting Sarah Marshall which came out in 2008. Other than that she's not that well known.

Well, apart from that mildly successful movie 'Frozen'.  I agree that her career is not what I'd call amazing though.

• Love 2