Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Lmfao omg I can't wait for season 4!

Oh and KC's first comment about how she's "the only girl up here" is so conceited. Yeah she added the beautiful men comment but she didn't have to add the first part. I can see how some people who were there are saying how she's arrogant. She must've wanted to get that in there because cons are usually filled with Felicity/EBR questions. Even when she's not there she dominates.

Edited by EmilyBettFan

Lmfao omg I can't wait for season 4!

Oh and KC's first comment about how she's "the only girl up here" is so conceited. Yeah she added the beautiful men comment but she didn't have to add the first part. I can see how some people who were there are saying how she's arrogant. She must've wanted to get that in there because cons are usually filled with Felicity/EBR questions. Even when she's not there she dominates.

I don't think her comment about being the only girl was a pointed comment, just awkward banter. I suspect KC is a very literal person and teasing like that does not come natural but it's the norm at panels like that so she tries to make jokes but she doesn't ever quite do it right so it always comes off odd or weird or like code for something. I think she was trying to make a joke about being sad she had to move and thus not be surrounded by all the guys but it came out wrong.

This is the SUNDAY Arrow panel from Dragon Con (recorded by the same Lauriver fan who recorded the Saturday panel that's posted on page 195 of this thread) - I only transcribed portions of the panel below...

Arrow Panel from Dragon Con 9/6/15

-- Male Olicity fan asked SA what does Oliver love about Felicity and what does SA love about Felicity.  SA: "Well, I love her ability to deliver a line. (JB writes note and shows it to SA) John just wrote something down that I can't say. (everyone laughs) ... Oliver does not enjoy her cooking. Is that okay? She's a horrible cook. She's good at everything else. (everyone laughs).  JB: "I wrote down 'tits'." (everyone laughs)

-- Female fan asked about Olicity stunts in S4.  SA mentioned EBR firing a machine gun.  SA: "But as for stunts between the two of us, I don't think we've done any thus far."  JB then mimed two people kissing.  SA put his face in his hands, while audience laughed.  JB: "That's a stunt for me."  SA: "Other than those. Plenty of that."

-- While KC was answering a question about Laurel's tough "emotional" journey to BC last season, SA mentioned the "good" hallway scene between Oliver and Laurel in S2 and then said "we have the opposite scene this year... which is actually really cool."  KC: "Yep, it's awesome." (audience has no audible reaction and is quiet)

-- There was an incident with SA's chair breaking during the panel. When a new chair was brought out and the broken chair taken away, JB quipped "make sure that goes to the Flash cast."

-- Female fan asked KC what she thinks Laurel will bring to Team Arrow.  KC: "Well, I actually felt like this season I was part of the team. I guess you didn't. (laughs) I feel like she definitely - Laurel has grown as a character, gotten stronger, and has been forced to step up to the plate. And I feel as though she proves herself in season 3, and I think that season 4, you're going to see her continue to do so. And, you know, season 3 when Laurel went out as the Black Canary and was fighting on the street, she was fighting with, you know, her heart, she didn't have the skill level. So I think definitely this season - (JB interjects, "she didn't") - but this season I definitely think you will see her - she's been trained, she knows what she's doing. She's going out, she's doing it, she has the support of the rest of the team behind her."  Then SA said: "There's no leader of the team this year. It's an actual team, which is cool."

-- KC was asked whether we'll see her training and doing the salmon ladder. KC: "Hell, yeah... I actually [asked/allowed?] Stephen to teach me, and hopefully we'll film it."  SA: "That's what we're missing right now. We're missing a really good Oliver Laurel sparring training sequence."

-- KC: "When I originally met with Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg - and Marc Guggenheim - and they pitched me the show, I was definitely excited about the fact that Laurel Lance becomes the Black Canary. And it was definitely part of the reason why I took the job. Also, David Nutter was our director, he's a fantastic director. Greg Berlanti obviously has produced many, many shows. It was just great people that I wanted to work with, and be in business with. And the script was fantastic. And then Stephen signed on.  And I had never met Stephen before, but - and I always said this, I read the script, I hadn't seen him before, but I read the script not knowing what he looked like. But having a vision of what - who this character, who this actor needs to be, and they could really screw this up if they cast the wrong person. Or it can turn out to be this incredible show. When they cast Stephen, I was just like, 'sign me up', this is exactly who I envisioned in my head, and I think they obviously knew what they were doing."  SA: "Do you know how I found out you got the part of Laurel?"  KC: "No."  SA: "You followed me on twitter." ...  KC: "But having said that, it's television, and season 2, you know, they hired my sister to come back, Caity Lotz, and she did a wonderful job, as the Canary. And, you know, I have to say, though, I appreciate them because they made it that much more legitimate. And Laurel, she really had to earn it in the most honest way possible. She wasn't - you know, overnight, she didn't become this superhero and, you know, well-skilled, well-trained, she actually went through hard times, hit rock bottom, came out the other end. And I felt like that was the right way to go about it, and it made it that much more fulfilling and paid off, at least - especially for me as an actor and hopefully for you guys, for the fans. And, um, I've had the time of my life. I don't really know how else to describe everything that we've gone through, and going to set every single day, and then having a character and being on a show - it's truly a journey, and constantly growing and changing, and you're not going to work every day being the same character year after year. You're actually getting different challenges and different, um - your journey is just so large and that's what's so wonderful about our producers and our writers - and I hope I answered your question."

-- SA: "On Wednesday we start our 75th episode."

-- Male fan said that the dynamics between characters on the show has changed so much since season 1 and asked if there was any particular new dynamic or scene that they're looking forward to this year.  SA: "There's really good Diggle-Lance stuff this year, which has never happened. I don't know if they've even ever met."

-- SA: "Lance hitting Diggle in the trailer might be a little misleading."

-- JB and SA each kissed KC on the cheek. They were demonstrating stuff they used to do to try to throw KC off, like kissing her randomly on the cheek after giving a line.  KC said that she'd try to stay in character and try to incorporate it into the scene.  SA: "Laurel, you'll never understand, you've made a horrible mistake, and I'm never going to forgive you." (he then gets up, goes over to KC and kisses her on the cheek)

-- JB said that he wants a love interest for Malcolm. MN interjected that in his back story as Ra's al Ghul, "we were lovers."

-- Once when JB was having lunch with his husband Scott and AK, they were discussing Malcolm's future and AK said that they were thinking about making Malcolm Oliver's father. JB rejected the idea as too Darth Vader. Then JB's husband, Scott, who was eating his caesar salad at the time, said, "no, it's not a good idea. What about Thea, your daughter?"  JB said, "honey, you don't even watch the show with me," and Scott said, "I do".  And AK made note, "Thea, Malcolm's daughter" and he was like "brilliant!"  To thank Scott, they wrote in a character called Dr. Sheridan Gill, because Sheridan is Scott's real name.

-- SA said that he usually reads a version of the script before the production draft (MG sends him the script). He then usually has 10 or 15 notes or ideas, "not necessarily pertaining to Oliver's character", and they "usually get implemented in some way, shape or form. It's a really collaborative process."

-- SA said that, in the S2 hallway scene between Oliver and Laurel, Oliver's line, "I've loved you for half my life, but I'm done running after you", was borne out of discussions he had with KC and was not in the original script.

-- JB said that SA has a photographic memory. SA can remember everyone's lines and can also recall which scene comes from which episode. A fan tested him by asking him questions about certain Olicity scenes, and SA answered with the episode number and name.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

-- JB said that SA has a photographic memory. SA can remember everyone's lines and can also recall which scene comes from which episode. A fan tested him by asking him questions about certain Olicity scenes, and SA answered with the episode number and name.

I wonder if Stephen's photographic memory explains why Oliver has a tendency to look slightly above the person's head when he's talking to him or her. I always assumed it was an acting choice informed by Oliver's guardedness, but it could be an unconscious habit that Stephen has because he can "see" lines and notes. I'm not saying that he isn't a good actor or that he has to rely on visual recall during a scene, but it can sometimes be distracting because I'll think he's looking into Felicity's eyes when he's talking to her, but then his eyes will shift down toward the end of his lines so that he is really looking straight at her.

Thanks for the recap TV Echo!

I wish she had answered the question about what Laurel brings to Team Arrow. It was kind of side stepped.

Am I the only one that always felt Team Arrow was a Team? Oliver was certainly the main component being The Arrow, but it was a Team. It feels like they are trying to say The New and Improved Team Arrow. I don't like it.

JB is a gift. I would love to meet him and his husband.

Curious about what happened between the previous panel and this one. A couple people mentioned there was a lot less awkwardness and KC was more put together.

With this Con I've come to the conclusion that it's best just to wait for the panels to come out and watch the videos. The Twitter feeds were all over the place with interpretation.

Poor MN. He seems like a good guy but no one cared. Some one said that he hang out with DP because no one was coming to see him at his table.

• Love 4

A new promo pic (I think) - maybe just for the DVDs?

https://www.facebook.com/CWArrow/photos/a.132531336884907.23870.104137579724283/606135166191186/?type=1&theater

I'm not a Laurel fan, but I find the label of "Siren" for her to be kind of insulting? Like she simply lures in people through her song/sexual attractiveness? I don't get it. She's supposed to be a powerful fighter and yet they've associated her with a Greek myth where the women are seductresses?

(I'm not familiar with the full myth, so maybe I'm missing something.)

Edited by bethy

Apparently KC is in talks for LOT crossover.

Today she's in talks yesterday she was hoping for it. Hmm?

Today she's glad.Laurel isn't a Love Interest in June she was begging con attendees to write the producers about getting O/L back together. Hmm?

Girl should run for office with all the flip flopping.

• Love 14

A new promo pic (I think) - maybe just for the DVDs?

https://www.facebook.com/CWArrow/photos/a.132531336884907.23870.104137579724283/606135166191186/?type=1&theater

I'm not a Laurel fan, but I find the label of "Siren" for her to be kind of insulting? Like she simply lures in people through her song/sexual attractiveness? I don't get it. She's supposed to be a powerful fighter and yet they've associated her with a Greek myth where the women are seductresses?

(I'm not familiar with the full myth, so maybe I'm missing something.)

It looks like its just for the DVD per the small print. 

I'm assuming Siren for the song/cry. It's a very weak connection. Marksman doesn't even make sense for Oliver. PR fail again.

• Love 3

I'm assuming Siren for the song/cry. It's a very weak connection. Marksman doesn't even make sense for Oliver. PR fail again.

At least that's some sort of connection, I guess. Better than the nothin' I had, for sure.

They are doing PR for the show. They have been getting Oliver and Felicity out consistently since Comic Con, they are amping up the others now that the show date is getting closer. Diggle got the costume release, BC is now getting her PR, etc..

They do seem to be upping the Black Canary publicity... Maybe testing the water for fan reaction... I don't like it.

I might be biased because I don't really care about BC either way but I do think they know how Laurel is received by many people but they are just not willing to give in because of the comics. IMO while the producers seems to emphasize 'organic' storylines they never follow that rule when they try to cramp in comics stuff because comics. 

• Love 2

Dear CW marketing department, please to be asking whoever does the photoshop at the Arrow art department for photoshop lessons, 'cause JFC this is fugly.

Best Regards,

T.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 1

It's not even proper PR - it's just posting a pic from the DVD with (what seems like) the intent of getting the GA/BC people all riled up. Which seems to be working, based on the comments on the post.

They know their audience. Release that pic to Facebook. Release the Olicity pic to Twitter. 

I hope someone got video. I want clarification on some tweets. 

If they want to use a picture of BC to promoted DVDs for the much maligned season 3, it's no skin off my nose. Maybe it'll remind people of whose storyline actually took up more time that season. (Hint: Not Olicity)

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

I don't understand some people. How do you mis-interpret that? It was a small room, it's not like you can't hear.

I get not liking someone but can people not make up stuff please. 

Edited by 10Eleven12

Using O/L for season 3 is just weird and since when is Laurel known as 'The Siren'?! Haha, what? All this is going to do is generate hate talk and competition which is exactly what they wanted. 

I mean, maybe she did at some point mention Hal Jordan? Although I can't imagine why she would if she (and the others) don't even know who Green Lantern is. Unless maybe someone asked her if Hal Jordan appears, and not knowing the significance of it, she said yes? I can't even find where this rumor started.

But that doesn't mean people are making stuff up. We have to know what she said to know if she revealed information about Hal Jordan in S4. So far I see one person on twitter saying she revealed something about GL and another that says she didn't.

Need the video to figure out who is right.

• Love 1