Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I watched some of the videos. KC mostly just seems kind of halting and awkward in the ones I saw. It has to be tough with JB and SA right there being their usual exuberant selves (and I think they had booze, which made them even more exuberant).

I think the most interesting answer was to this question (to me at least): When is Oliver going to propose to Felicity? (this was asked by a man btw)

He answered: “There’s no way I can answer this question without…” -- "When he gets his shit together" 

Lmao. He can't answer that question without what... Spoiling??? :p

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 6

KC is always awkward during interviews, that's nothing new. Her awkwardness is probably more apparent when she's with people that know how to give interviews like SA and JB. 

For popular panels you have to get there hours ahead of time. When I was at SDCC back in 2008 I waited in line for 3 hours for one panel. Then pretty much spent the rest of the day in Hall H to see the 3 panels I really wanted to see. 

At Wizard World in Chicago, we only had to sit through Ian Somerhalder's panel (which was right before SA's), but they didn't clear out the room after. It was a mad dash to get seats when his was over, and the only reason I managed to snag a good one is because the friend I went with is a tiny, stealthy rule breaker, and she snuck in and got seats from two people who were leaving while IS was still talking, haha.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

Agreed about the clearing out of rooms prior to each panel, but I don't think DragonCon can be called a smaller con anymore?  SFWA just quoted attendance estimates of 83,000 this weekend.

But since they do clear out rooms prior to each panel, I'd think they'd have an idea of just how many people are going to be able to get in - and warn people at a certain point in the line that they won't get in.

At the first Walker Stalker con in Chicago they had the panels right in the middle of the convention floor, getting seats was crazy but being a frequent Con goer I know in order to get good seats you have to sit through at least 2 panels before the one you want. I sat through two people playing harps and the one off characters that got killed on The Walking Dead panels, to see the Original Team Arrow plus Manu Bennet panel. 

They actually clear out panels? They've never done that for the Chicago Cons. They tell people that ahead of time. I know a lot of people didn't get in the for Hayley Atwell and Ming-Na Wen panel because none of us left. 

• Love 1

I haven't read about the con or watched any video (I don't intend to either because holy secondhand embarrassment) but maybe KC just doesn't feel as comfortable at cons as SA and JB do. I think that's the main reason why EBR doesn't do cons - I'd say she has a bit of social anxiety and maybe it's a bit daunting. Just because KC has done a lot of cons, doesn't make the prospect any less daunting. Just a thought.

Anyway, can I just say how much I love that lots of fanboys are asking questions about Felicity and Olicity? Makes me very happy. 

I'm not a KC fan, but I do have some sympathy for her. It can't be easy to go to fan events like Cons and not get the enthusiasm that your co stars are getting.

It's got to add to whatever awkwardness is already there.

• Love 4

At Wizard World in Chicago, we only had to sit through Ian Somerhalder's panel (which was right before SA's), but they didn't clear out the room after. It was a mad dash to get seats when his was over, and the only reason I managed to snag a good one is because the friend I went with is a tiny, stealthy rule breaker, and she snuck in and got seats from two people who were leaving while IS was still talking, haha.

Your friend sounds like me at every con I go to. I did something similar to see david Jason frank at otakon a few years ago. It's a good talent.

Eta: katie seems so happy and fun in what I see from her despite how Laurel acts. I watch her panels and follow her on instagram and she seems very nice.

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 1

DragonCon has been clearing out rooms for panels for years - since at least 1999.  I think this is partly because, although they're for profit, they really started off more on the fan convention side, not the media convention side, so they do things a bit differently - they still have ties to NASFIC for instance, and some of their directors participate on various fan convention mailing lists.

But poor DR had to cancel due to a back injury :(

Probably from the extra weight of the stupid helmet.  Either that or zigged when he should have zagged due to decreased vision. 

Hope he feels better soon. 

• Love 8

My twitter was expressing some awkwardness... some videos/pics implied that. But there was also a lot of KC shade, so maybe the truth lies somewhere in the middle. There were multiple reports of KC jumping on questions & interrupting. Her mic did also not wok in her initial seat, so that probably didn't help set the panel off to a good start. And it seemed like a very pro-Olicity & pro-Felicity audience, which I think is still uncomfortable for KC. That being said, it seemed like it had the potential to have some awkward chemistry. Matt Nable is not on the show & his character arc was not as well rcvd. JB & SA are both con pros and attention hogs. KC has done cons, but this is her first season where she has BC to talk about - so she is probably still feeling that out. I think DR would have balanced it out. Odd numbers are sometimes better in group panels.

I think there was some awkwardness, but I do think it is overblown depending on the Twitter account.

You have accounts saying SA shaded KC and then other ones mentioning him complimenting her.

• Love 1

I think the most interesting answer was to this question (to me at least): When is Oliver going to propose to Felicity? (this was asked by a man btw)

He answered: “There’s no way I can answer this question without…” -- "When he gets his shit together" 

Lmao. He can't answer that question without what... Spoiling??? :p

Here's video of the above (you may have to unmute the sound):

https://twitter.com/kalichica12/status/640282268678909952

It's also in the full panel video posted by Velocity23 above (at around 11:53).

Edited by tv echo

Here are some other fan tweeted reports from Dragon Con 2015, courtesy of Natalie @kalichica12 and Em @Olicityibelieve...

- DR was injured and couldn't make it. SA invited fans to tweet him your best wishes.
- JB said that if you love s3, you're gonna be even more in love with S4 because it'll be a roller coaster.
- JB said about EBR: "She's a lovely girl to work with and she's hot!"
- "It's all about the relationships in Arrow" SA nodding.
- SA kinda would prefer to be watching football than being here.
- A fan asking a question just told the guys to tell Emily she's gorgeous & sorely missed at today's panel.
- JB felt like a proud dad about SA's wrestling experience on WWE.
- SA was asked about Ronda Rousey being an Olicity fan and if she will guest star to interact with TA.
- SA can't say anything about the flashback because it's secret. But he had a lot of fun and they used a set they haven't used in a long time.
- SA said that DD has been in every episode they have filmed so far, and NM has been excellent.
- MN said that working with SA on the mountain top was 100% him (SA) and MN was doubled 90% in the fight.
- SA said that they were not a show where they can just open their hands and there's fire, with all due respect to his cousin.
- The schedule has been arranged to allow SA to train and film shirtless scenes.
- SA said that Malcolm will be the voice of reason, the moral voice of reason once this season.
- WH thinks she's better than SA at archery now.

- Panel ended with showing the S4 trailer.
- SA had a small smile on his face during the Olicity scene of the trailer.

• Love 2

At least the specified once for MM being the voice of reason. First twwet I read said for the season and I about lost it. I hate MM and trying to make him a "good" guy because they have a hard on for the character pisses me off to no end.

• Love 3

At least the specified once for MM being the voice of reason. First twwet I read said for the season and I about lost it. I hate MM and trying to make him a "good" guy because they have a hard on for the character pisses me off to no end.

I just watched that portion of the Dragon Con panel video and SA actually says that Malcolm is the moral voice of reason "for once" when they venture to his "habitat" for the first time this season.  I think he's talking about going to Nanda Parbat and that the quote is in connection with

Sara's resurrection. So I can see Malcolm saying 'don't do it'.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I think he's talking about going to Nanda Parbat and that the quote is in connection with

Yeah, he was pretty vocal about being

against using the pit with Thea. I don't think he'd change his mind about it now.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

I just watched that portion of the Dragon Con panel video and SA actually says that Malcolm is the moral voice of reason "for once" when they venture to his "habitat" for the first time this season.  I think he's talking about going to Nanda Parbat and that the quote is in connection with

I'm perfectly fine with that

• Love 1

I think Malcolm will

be proven right because I don't know about anyone else but Sara's eyes look totally vacant/edging on crazy as she comes out of the pit in the trailer. So I think she's going to have a tough time, particularly as Thea is having issues and she wasn't even dead and buried for a year.

This is from the Florida Supercon on June 25-28, 2015 (MN says that "fingers crossed" he might be doing more Arrow)...

Manu Bennett and Matt Nable Q&A
Published on Aug 28, 2015, by Florida Supercon

I believe these clips are from SA's Friday panel, also with RA, at Dragon Con 2015 (published on youtube on Sep 5, 2015, by The Legends of Future)...

arrow season 4 Stephen amell talking Felicity double entendres

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtUTCMVnewA

Still her best double entendre to date! Writing, delivery, execution, reaction, everything - Perfect from beginning to end. Love SA comment about VG, seriously we need more VG on ARROW. I would love to see him & SA share scenes. It would just be too good for words!

- The schedule has been arranged to allow SA to train and film shirtless scenes.

Just thank you to the ARROW gods & SA!

I do watch the show for a bazillion other reasons.... And SA is an amazing actor regardless of his shirt status. But gotta say, I seriously missed the shirtless scenes for a variety of reasons. Perhaps this season will be better. Some of the best news to come out of DragonCon. ;)

• Love 4