Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I don't know where this should go, but here's a link to video of SA on RAW tonight.

http://mrsd923.tumblr.com/post/126390298765/amell-gets-raw

Well, that was as stupid as they normally are. He really didn't wrestle or anything just did the stupid stare, rope trick and fake/stunt punches. Nothing too dangerous.

I'm actually surprised they're letting him wrestle at summer slam. Although, since it's a tag team match up, probably won't be anything big on his part.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I thought it was going to be worse than it actually was. I actually thought it was kind of hot, haha. The jumping over the railing, the leap into the ring, the pounding on Stardust even if it wasn't real.

A+ all around.

Eh, you've seen it once you've seen it a thousand times. That whole setup has been played out before.

At least they didn't go for super cheesy and have SA in the Arrow suit for some dumb appearance.

• Love 1

Eh, you've seen it once you've seen it a thousand times. That whole setup has been played out before.

At least they didn't go for super cheesy and have SA in the Arrow suit for some dumb appearance.

I've never in my life watched WWE, maybe that's why I enjoyed it? IDK, but I did.

• Love 2

I've never in my life watched WWE, maybe that's why I enjoyed it? IDK, but I did.

Maybe. I've probably watched too much wrestling over the years and I don't have the hots for SA. All this did was make me laugh since I had already called how it would play out...except I thought he would slide under the ropes not jump them.

Now I'm in the mood to watch Mankind vs The Undertaker: Hell in a Cell match. Ooh and maybe some Shawn Michaels...

Edited by Morrigan2575

Yeah, I've previously managed to avoid watching wrestling.   It's pretty awful IMO but the moment he snatched off his hat and jumped the barrier I was seriously stoked. Our boy just flew over the rope.   

Okay i'm so confused what is going on?

SA and a wrestler on WWE (Stardust) have a manufactured rivalry.  It's weird and makes little sense outside of wrestling.   SA was officially a guest watching the show tonight in Seattle but of course he got into the action a little. 

Supposedly SA and some other wrestler by the name of Neviille (that is associated in some manner with the term Red Arrow) are going to "settle" it during a pay per view match in two weeks. 

Edited by BkWurm1

That was cheesy as hell, but it's promotion and heaven knows the show needs all it can get, heh.

Wrestling is cheesy as hell the best wrestlers (IMO) are the one's that embrace the campiness.

Yeah, I loved the "fight." I thought the chat with Triple H was the embarrassing part.

Aww man you are not talking shit about HHH! That's one half of my BrOTP! Shawn Michaels/HHH and DX pawn all!

That's it, you going down!

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Supposedly SA and some other wrestler by the name of Neviille (that is associated in some manner with the term Red Arrow) are going to "settle" it during a pay per view match in two weeks. 

Red Arrow is the name of Neville's finishing move.  Neville and Amell are going to face Stardust and King Barret.  As a sidenote 9 times out of 10, King Barrett's finishing move is getting pinned by his opponent, since he's lost damn near every match since winning the King of the Ring and becoming King Barrett.

• Love 1

So if Stephen going to be at summer slam how does the insurance work? I know it's fake but it's still dangerous. Whose covering that?

I'd imagine at most he'd take a basic bump, but get the win.  Since it's a tag match, Neville will do all the heavy lifting.  Maria Menounos has done the same thing multiple times.

So if Stephen going to be at summer slam how does the insurance work? I know it's fake but it's still dangerous. Whose covering that?

It's tag team so they could limit SAs exposure, tag him in/out so he's only doing offensive stunts instead of taking body slams. It's fake but he could get hurt accidentally.

Or what JediKnight said!

Edited by Morrigan2575

Part of the bit was that SA would sign anything the lawyers wanted him to sign.  I half expect it to be called off since they mentioned the paperwork must be signed by like 9:30 am or something.  But then he shook on it with the dude in charge so maybe it's not a fake out?  I can't read it. 

That was freaking hysterical! I mean the jumping was hot, but they rest I couldn't keep a straight face. It's just ridiculous. The acting was just awful.

Random thought, Stardust's outfit looks like he could be a guest villain or team member on Arrow or Flash. A few buckles and presto whammo we got a new one...

• Love 4

Part of the bit was that SA would sign anything the lawyers wanted him to sign. I half expect it to be called off since they mentioned the paperwork must be signed by like 9:30 am or something. But then he shook on it with the dude in charge so maybe it's not a fake out? I can't read it.

I'm sure he'll be at SummerSlam he.just won't really do any actual wrestling moves that could potentially injure him.

Part of the bit was that SA would sign anything the lawyers wanted him to sign.  I half expect it to be called off since they mentioned the paperwork must be signed by like 9:30 am or something.  But then he shook on it with the dude in charge so maybe it's not a fake out?  I can't read it. 

It's not gonna be called off - I'm pretty sure all the legal talk was just talk. He's had the Summer Slam scheduled for a while since he canceled his appearance at a con for it.

I'm sure he'll be at SummerSlam he.just won't really do any actual wrestling moves that could potentially injure him.

Yeah, I'm sure all of this was signed off on by the CW and WWE weeks ago. It's good promo for the show since we've got until October for the premiere. 

Yeah, I'm sure all of this was signed off on by the CW and WWE weeks ago. It's good promo for the show since we've got until October for the premiere.

Just don't have him zipline in like HBK did during Wrestlemania...yeah it would fit with Arrow but it always reminds me of poor Owen Heart.

Just don't have him zipline in like HBK did during Wrestlemania...yeah it would fit with Arrow but it always reminds me of poor Owen Heart.

I just Wiki'd Owen Hart. I knew the name but couldn't place him. Weird because I totally remember Bret Hart and a few of the other wrestlers mentioned on Wikipedia. That's horrible how he died. I vaguely remember hearing about it when it happened. Terrible. Yeah, let's leave that entrance out for SA.

I just Wiki'd Owen Hart. I knew the name but couldn't place him. Weird because I totally remember Bret Hart and a few of the other wrestlers mentioned on Wikipedia. That's horrible how he died. I vaguely remember hearing about it when it happened. Terrible. Yeah, let's leave that entrance out for SA.

There's no way they'd give him that entrance.  They haven't had anyone repel from the roof since the Owen tragedy, and with them being PG they want to make sure not to royally piss off sponsors like Mattel, and it's going to be in New York.  The crowd there would start a huge Owen Hart chant, and WWE really doesn't want that.

There's no way they'd give him that entrance. They haven't had anyone repel from the roof since the Owen tragedy, and with them being PG they want to make sure not to royally piss off sponsors like Mattel, and it's going to be in New York. The crowd there would start a huge Owen Hart chant, and WWE really doesn't want that.

Yeah sorry I'm not saying they actually would it's just something that would fit with Arrow since it's used in the show. Of course thinking of it made me remember poor Owen Hart.

As for the match...if Maria Menuonos AND Seth Green can be in matches...then so can Stephen. 

Maria Menounos was in one?! Lemme go have a Google.

ETA: I know it's all fake, but wow. I'm impressed.

Edited by apinknightmare

If they didn't have Sting zipline through..no way they'd let Stephen.

As for the match...if Maria Menuonos AND Seth Green can be in matches...then so can Stephen.

Yeah, I have to assume that there are some extremely strict rules as to physical contact in those actor agreements. I doubt the insurance companies would have it any other way.

• Love 2