Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I actually hope the S4 poster is just Oliver. As much as I'd love new photos of everyone, not everyone agrees with who is standing beside Oliver and eh. I'm tired of the fandom drama. The show is called Arrow, let him be on the poster by himself. I wouldn't mind new character portraits though, as long as all characters get one, not just those in costumes.

Saying all that, I still laugh at all the mess of everyone creating their own S3 posters, including one with a tiny little Ray Palmer as the ATOM. Still cracks me up.

(edited)

Well here's hoping it has the actual cast of Arrow on it, the current group poster making the promo rounds only has OQ, LL & MM, the rest are all Flash. I would even take a solo shot of Arrow so long as its not the current constipated face one they are using since superhero club. Or perhaps no cast at all, if they wanted to keep the costume under wraps. Though putting OQ in street clothes with his quiver on would be fine esp if he's a blended persona now.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1

I tHink that there is a good chance that we may finally get new promo pics actually. That tumblr/Twitterer olicity representative chair person has been rounding the fandom for pics of felicity. The Cw is probably going to want to show Willa in costume to replace Roy. They skipped a year, so now is a good time for it. Especially now that the cast seems in a solid state. If I recall correctly BtVS stayed skipping promo pics to every other season as well at one point.

(edited)

Well, it wouldn't surprise me if Felicity and Diggle get left off the poster because this show has such a hard-on for costumes. My ideal poster would be like the S2 one, with Oliver, Diggle and Felicity front and center because, like it or not, they were the original team. And then Laurel and Thea flanking either side in their costumes. No one else. Just the five of them. But that's probably asking for too much. Sigh.

Edited by Guest

So Colin Donnell will be throwing out the first pitch at a home Cardinals game this weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/colindonnell/posts/10153391348720281

Super cool for him as he's a massive fan, but have to admit I immediately thought of the added bonus - he beat Stephen to it (and after all the campaigning he's done with the Jays...LOL).  Colin's on a roll - getting married and experiencing one of the greatest things for an MLB fan all in the span of a week!

• Love 1

I think I agree with wingster actually.

Though if not the turn away from Stephen seems to be his knee jerk reaction whenever they break character due to a fuck up. So I definitely don't think it was because of Katie or any awkwardness.

Also as a side note, I've never watched Katie in panels or interviews but she looked absolutely delightful in the bloopers. So unlike Laurel and she has a very infectious smile. I hope Laurel is happier in season four because I enjoyed watching Katie have fun.

• Love 4
(edited)

More news tidbits regarding the upcoming SDCC...

WB UNVEILS SDCC HOTEL KEY CARDS FEATURING "ARROW," "FLASH" & MORE
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/wb-unveils-sdcc-hotel-key-cards-featuring-arrow-flash-more

Arrow-9f44a.jpg  Flash-The-a1200.jpg

DC Entertainment Takes Center Stage at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2015
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/06/24/dc-entertainment-takes-center-stage-at-comic-con-international-san-diego-2015

Dive into DC Entertainment – Page to Screen, a can’t miss panel celebrating DCE’s film, TV, game, and animation slates. Join talent behind the inner-workings, including moderator and TV GUIDE reporter Damian Holbrook, DCE Chief Creative Office Geoff Johns, Marc Guggenheim (Arrow, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow), Andrew Kreisberg (Arrow, The Flash) Heath Corson (Justice League: Throne Of Atlantis), and more! DC Entertainment – Page to Screen  – Friday
Edited by tv echo
(edited)

The Dragonfly Green Heart Italian Convention, scheduled for June 26-28, 2015 (Firenze/Florence, Italy), with guests David Ramsey, Colton Haynes, Caity Lotz, Paul Blackthorne and Manu Bennett, has apparently been canceled - http://dragonflyevent.altervista.org/ (translated to English)...

OFFICIAL PRESS / OFFICIAL STATEMENT

The association Dragonfly Events officially announced that the event Green Heart Italian Convention has been deleted.
During the year there have been major failures by senior management, which have led to unfortunate consequences which we can not remedy if not with time and with lawyers. Therefore we were forced to cancel, even though to the last we tried to save the situation and ensure something to you people. Unfortunately we have not been possible.
We are truly saddened and sorry for these terrible dynamics and for the situation created.
By tomorrow will be given the detailed tables and procedures for the reimbursement of Pass. We ensure that through your requests will be reimbursed the full price paid for the Pass and then we will give you detailed tables for reimbursements of Extra.
We apologize again for all the inconvenience and disappointment that we have created.
The staff

This upcoming weekend's only Arrow-related comic con... 

OZ Comic Con, June 27-28, 2015 (Melbourne, Australia)

Paul Blackthorne and Rila Fukushima

http://www.ozcomiccon.com

http://www.ozcomiccon.com/guests/melbourne-guests/

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

I meant that I don't want S4 to become the Green Arrow & Black Canary Show -- like S2 often seemed like the Arrow & Canary Show.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

Is it just me or are Diggle and Felicity neck and neck for most bad-ass? 

I'm tipping it to Felicity for looking directly at the camera. She will screw you up and you will thank her afterwards. Lol

• Love 5

It'd be nice if we got to see more of Tatsu next season. I'm not holding out a lot of hope, but she was one of the few bright spots in season three for me. And her story as Katana has barely started.

• Love 11

My favorite blooper is Matt Nable sayng "You'll have no more say in it than your mother did"... and then the food falls off his fork before he can get it into his mouth. Such a nice metastatement on Ra's.

• Love 2
(edited)

JB will also have his own solo panel at SDCC...

John Barrowman MBE ‏@Team_Barrowman  13h13 hours ago
John will be at SDCC for an #AnythingGoes Panel. Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront, 3pm Sat 11 July. Ask him anything! @Comic_Con

https://twitter.com/Team_Barrowman/status/614942382744801281

3:00pm   Anything Goes with John Barrowman
John Barrowman (Arrow, Torchwood, Doctor Who) is an entertainer with a capital "E." He sings, he dances, he acts, he presents, he judges; ask him anything!
Saturday July 11, 2015 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/saturday

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Too bad - no one from Arrow made the TV Guide Fan Favorites panel at SDCC this year...

Damian Holbrook ‏@damianholbrook  Jun 25
SO THRILLED to moderate @TVGuideMagazine's Fan Favorites panel at #SDCC! @YNB @MisElizaJane @wwwbigbaldhead + more!

CIXkSEvWcAARvDQ.jpg

https://twitter.com/damianholbrook

TV Guide Magazine: Fan Favorites
TV Guide Magazine brings the screams to San Diego again for this all-star, must-see panel. Moderated by senior writer Damian Holbrook, stars from TV's hottest shows provide a lively discussion filled with behind-the-scenes scoops. Panelists include David Anders (iZombie), Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple), Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs), Norman Reedus (The Walking Dead), Eliza Taylor (The 100), Ming-Na Wen (Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.), and Maisie Williams (Game of Thrones).

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/saturday

Edited by tv echo

I just didn't get the impression izombie was a bit hit. Critically it seems to be fine but I'm not seeing a huge fandom yet.

Choices just seem odd, no Flash? I would have got Carlos on there.

I'm not anticipating a big Arrow push at SDCC this year. The network is going to be capitalizing on The Flash and selling LOT. Last year they were going coming off a great season, Flash was getting a lot buzz and DC was unveiling a big line up. Arrow was a great launching pad.

• Love 1

They did ask Stephen Amell, but he tweeted that he had to turn it down because he "couldn't guarantee availability". 

That likely means others were asked and unavailable too.  I sometimes forget that panels are who they can get, not always top choices every time.  

He's severely underused in his show, so yeah. (And holy shit I don't even know what these comedies are about, do they really have big fandoms?)

The Odd Couple is a show I really wanted to like  but it has NOT impressed me yet.  But I do love that actress from her previous projects.  The Goldberg's is set in 80's.  It's funny enough. My initial issues with it (which still send me into rants) was how badly they get the order of trends and events that happen in the 80's.  They don't seem to care if something was popular in 1980 or 1989, it all is happening at that same time.  Which is fine if you aren't aware of it but maddening if you are.  Still, the actress plays an over the top mom and yeah, she's pretty funny.  The series is considered a hit for ABC.  

I'm glad that Taylor is on the panel.  She deserves more recognition than she gets. 

Yeah, I agree about Taylor, she's gotten pretty good on her show.

Overall, I guess I just feel like it would make more sense to use this panel for shows with really active fandoms and showcase actors playing characters whom people really feel strongly about.