Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

So much embarrassment, both for him and for who asks, whenever someone asks him to take off his shirt. :/

I hate it when that happens. I was so annoyed when he lifted his shirt during the SDCC panel. He is under no obligation to do so at such forums and he would be doing himself a favour for the long run by ignoring such requests.

Surely he realises that people can get a closer look at his abs in any of the photos and screen-caps available on the net!

I don't know that he agreed other than at SDCC, where basically half of his co-panelists were pressuring him to. I think he declines most of the time, but I'm not sure. :)

• Love 2
(edited)
A group of people dressed like Power Rangers come up to the mic and ask Kreisberg why, in Arrow, there is a different pronunciations for Ra’s al Ghul. Kreisberg, cutting them to the quick, that “If you are in the League of Assassins, you call him Raysh and if you are not in the League then you call him Roz”. He explains that they did it to be different from Christopher Nolan Batman films.

WC 2015: FLASH Actors & Writer Teases 'All Star Team-Up,' WALLY WEST & Upcoming Team Show

by Jake Baumgart, Newsarama ContributorDate: 06 April 2015 Time: 03:26 PM ET

http://www.newsarama.com/24036-wc-2015-flash-panel.html

Edited by tv echo

Kreisberg, cutting them to the quick, that “If you are in the League of Assassins, you call him Raysh and if you are not in the League then you call him Roz”. He explains that they did it to be different from Christopher Nolan Batman films.

That makes no sense. If someone enunciates, to your face, how to pronounce their name (or their father's name, in Nyssa's case), then you pronounce it the way that they say it. You don't get to say someone's name however way you want just because you're not part of their cool murder club, unless you're doing it on purpose to annoy them or to be a dick or you're very slow on the uptake or you're perfectly comfortable being ignorant. Logic fail, AK. What kind of kool-aid do these EPs drink that leads them to make such baffling leaps of rationality?

• Love 5

The name pronunciation thing is a non-issue for me.

I have a lot of ways to pronounce my name and I don't care how people say it as long as they SPELL it correctly. Also accents and speech impediments cause people, in my real-life, to pronounce each other names differently all the time. So, for me, I'm not bothered.

In the show didn't Oliver call China White that in S1 one when he knows it is Che na wei? Character continuity? :)

• Love 1

That makes no sense. If someone enunciates, to your face, how to pronounce their name (or their father's name, in Nyssa's case), then you pronounce it the way that they say it. You don't get to say someone's name however way you want just because you're not part of their cool murder club, unless you're doing it on purpose to annoy them or to be a dick or you're very slow on the uptake or you're perfectly comfortable being ignorant. Logic fail, AK. What kind of kool-aid do these EPs drink that leads them to make such baffling leaps of rationality?

The mispronunciation was planned? So when/if Oliver joins the LOA, he's going to start saying Raysh? That's the dumbest thing I've heard on this show, and by god, I've seen and heard a lot of dumb things on Arrow. The stupid, it burns.

• Love 5

The mispronunciation was planned? So when/if Oliver joins the LOA, he's going to start saying Raysh? That's the dumbest thing I've heard on this show, and by god, I've seen and heard a lot of dumb things on Arrow. The stupid, it burns.

Lol, yeah. Apparently, the Ra's pronunciation thing was totally intentional. Maybe it's another old custom from the official LoA handbook that you can't pronounce Ra's as "Raysh" until you become a secret murder club member (maybe they give elocution lessons as an elective to their foreign language classes?). Just like it was a mandated custom to fight shirtless on top of a snowy, sacred mountain. And that, if you survive the blade of Ra's, even if you may not be the most qualified for the job and there are possibly others already in the League who could do better, you're automatically going to be the next Heir to the most elite assassin organization in the world. That LoA handbook was clearly written by someone with incredible ideas. I'd like to read that book someday.

• Love 6
(edited)

A few non-spoilery MG responses at http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

fex-84 asked:
I'm 31 and you're the first writer/producer I've ever followed on social media and I'm doing it as a statement on what I think about Arrow stalking and mysoginist tendencies. At least, so far. ;-) They told me I can unfollow you if you get bad. :P Please, don't destroy me with the last five episodes. I need my Olicity hope fix and I need Oliver to believe in hope.

I’m curious:  What statement are you making about “Arrow stalking and mysoginist tendencies”?

geniewithwifi asked:
Dear Marc. Do you think it is possible to have Arrow (and perhaps Flash) on netflix or home video or available to the general public? We're doing a Rewatch of all Arrow episodes this summer during Hiatus and we want to include season 3. If you aren't in charge do you think that you could pull some strings and makes some calls, in between you being very busy filming and writing? Thank-you in advance.

The first two seasons of Arrow are already on Netflix.  Seasons 1 of Flash and 3 of Arrow will arrive on Netflix shortly before the premiere of Seasons 2 and 4, respectively.  Also, everything is available on services like iTunes.  Hope that helps.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)
caseoflove asked:

I'm curious as to how you and the other producers along with the writers look at the viewership and ratings for episodes over the season? Does it impact how you write? When you use arc? Make you think of scrapping or starting certain story arcs? Numbers have seemed pretty up & down this year along with some of the season's reception by fans. I've appreciated the slow build for character insights that make this final string of episodes more poignant but wondered if any of the #s play into things.

We always look at ratings.  Unfortunately, we’re writing at least five episodes ahead of broadcast and plan even further out, so it’s very, very hard – if not impossible – to adjust the show in reaction to ratings.

I will say that the ratings for this year have been extremely good.  Some of our episodes have beat their previous season equivalents in terms of ratings.  That’s very unusual for a third-year show.

starlingsmoaked asked:

Forgive me for any unintentional frustrations this question might give off ('cuz I'm totally not frustrated)...BUT, is it wrong for Arrow fandom to feel nervous that with the success of the Flash, & all the hoopla about the spin-off, that Arrow is going to turn into the estranged annoying cousin no one wants at the dinner table? I speak for many when I say we feel like a grave is being involuntarily dug for Arrow down the line. Please tell me we're being foolish. We won't take offense :)

It’s a perfectly legitimate question as we continue to expand the universe.  Greg, Andrew and I are committed to making sure that Arrow stays Arrow, with all the quality that (hopefully) implies.  Arrow is the show that launched all this and we’re always talking about how we need to “protect the mothership.”  I think the final five episodes of this season prove that we’re not taking our foot off the gas.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

A few additional non-spoilery MG responses at http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

fex-84 asked:
Marc, Arrow has NO stalking and mysoginist tendencies. That's my statement. And I work for an antimafia association, so I know what those two words mean, believe me. Your curiosity has been satisfied, I hope. ;) Cheers and (real) cappuccinos from Italy!

Molto grazie!

toodramatic2 asked:
Marc you were posting photos on tt i can't express how i loved, keep posting pls, and if you could post a selfie with EB and SA too ??? I would love you more thanks Ps: i loved last ep.. And mama smoak... We need her to be regular pls answer me

Lemme see what I can do!

Edited by tv echo
Marc, Arrow has NO stalking and mysoginist tendencies. That's my statement. And I work for an antimafia association, so I know what those two words mean, believe me. Your curiosity has been satisfied, I hope. ;)

I love how MG posts this stuff on his tumblr (haha, no, I don't really love it).  Ah, yes, this must be true since one random person has stated it as a fact.  Never mind all of these other fans and professional TV critics who are saying the opposite, we all must have hidden agendas, right MG? 

• Love 10

I love how MG posts this stuff on his tumblr (haha, no, I don't really love it). Ah, yes, this must be true since one random person has stated it as a fact. Never mind all of these other fans and professional TV critics who are saying the opposite, we all must have hidden agendas, right MG?

It's obviously all of us that have drank the kool aid and there's just some very lucky souls out there that avoided that.

• Love 5
(edited)

Haha, that's perfect. I wonder if they realized they basically admitted that the only way Oliver will ever be with Laurel again is if Felicity is dead. Such epic. Much romance.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 6

Haha, that's perfect. I wonder if they realized they basically admitted that the only way Oliver will ever be with Laurel again is if Felicity is dead. Such epic. Much romance 

That person is an olicity shipper :p But that saying is so in line with what a lot of lauriver shippers say. Unfortunately a lot of them don't realize that that would make Laurel Oliver's second choice because if Felicity were alive, he'd always choose her :p

That person is an olicity shipper :p But that saying is so in line with what a lot of lauriver shippers say. Unfortunately a lot of them don't realize that that would make Laurel Oliver's second choice because if Felicity were alive, he'd always choose her :p

Haha, really? Why are they even theorizing about a hypothetical Lauriver future anyway?! That's so random. I'd understand if they shipped Lauriver but coming from an Olicity shipper, that surprises me. 

But yeah. That argument is so dumb because, as you said, Felicity will always be the first choice. 

• Love 1

Some non-spoilery MG responses at http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

princess-of-the-geeks asked:
Favorite episode of all time? Favorite line of all time? Any other shows you watch for funnsies?

Favorite episode of any show of all time?  God, hard to boil it down to just one. And it probably depends on my mood.  Tonight, I’ll go with “Nobody Gets Out of Here Alive” from the first season of WISEGUY.
God, couldn’t pick a favorite line.
Right now, I’m watching Better Call Saul, Helix, Game of Thrones, Flash, and Agent Carter.

veronicaacordova asked:
I ship out on May 12th! Lackland, Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas! You don't need to send any us enlisted anything. Just give me a good S3 finale is all I ask, where Oliver is finally happy (at least for a moment.) :)

Everyone is very hard at work at this very moment trying to deliver a season finale worthy of you guys!

jaydrizzy817 asked:
What do you have to fans who complain that arrow is a complete rip off of Nolan's Dark knight trilogy?

I think we’ve always owned the fact that we’re very much inspired by Nolan’s excellent trilogy.  That said, it’s very hard to “rip off” three movies when you’re producing nearly 75 hours of television.

greenarrowolicity asked:
You have admitted to dropping the ball this year with Diggle. I had high hopes 317 would make up for this a little. Why was DIggle's wedding so lame (for lack of a better word)? It served no purpose. They could have just gotten married at the courthouse off screen. I hope you do better by him next season. This season has been extremely disappointing to Diggle and Original Team Arrow fans.

I’m sorry you’ve been disappointed.  Hopefully, we make it up to you next year.

merlynbox1 asked:
I've heard so many stupid arguments that Arrow is Batman with a bow. I personally do not agree. I was wondering what your thoughts were and how you would combat that argument. Thanks so much! Wonderful job with Arrow this year btw. Best show ever!

Thanks so much for the kind words.  To be honest, I think Green Arrow was originally conceived as a variation on Batman.  In the comics, he even had an “Arrowcave” (seriously).  But there have since been many interpretations of the character that do a wonderful job distinguishing Oliver from Bruce and Green Arrow from Batman.  It’s all in the execution.  :)

arrowsmoaker asked:
I cant imagime you guys are happy, but I was curious how you felt about what Manu Bennett said about deathstrokes story arc.

Manu is entitled to his opinions and didn’t say anything he hasn’t previously expressed to me.

greenarrowolicity asked:
How is the Oliver/Felicity/Ray triangle not cliche/unique/original? To me it's not even original to Arrow as it has a lot of Oliver/Laurel/Tommy undertones. I need something better than Ray is the Atom and Tommy wasn't. It's still basically the same story to me, nothing unique about either love triangle.

I’m sorry it’s not to your liking.

the-alex-snow asked:
Not gonna lie Flash Tuesday's and Arrow Wednesday's are how I keep track of what day it is

I’ve got you covered:
http://www.amazon.com/Arrow-Wall-Calendar-Day-Dream/dp/1629050555/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428640560&sr=8-1&keywords=arrow+calendar

Note that advertised Arrow calendar has no Felicity...

Edited by tv echo
danglinggmaybes asked:

Hey Marc! Love what you guys have done with the show so far, despite small nitpickings. Do you guys have a director in mind while writing an episode?

We book all the directors at the very beginning of the season – actually, we’re in the process of filling those slots for Season 4 right now – so we know who will be directing each episode before we write.

babblesturm asked:

Hii marc can I ask you a few questions about filming the show?! With how many cameras do you record each scene? And then how do you decide which shot do you use? You should be getting a lot of footage don't you? And thanks to all the team for being so close to us! makes me love this show and profession even more!

We film each scene with a minimum of two cameras, occasionally three, and we’ve shot with as many as four – all depending on the nature of the scene.

The editor makes the initial shot choices, then receives input from the episode’s director, and then me, Greg and Andrew.

Thanks for watching!

olicity-warrior asked:

Hi, Marc! You never answered this question. When u guys want to add to the script smth in different language are u trying to find a native speaker for help or just using google translate? (I'll keep asking untill u answer)

We have native language speakers who help us with translations and the actors with pronunciations.

charmingwords23 asked:

Hi Marc. I'm curious about how you write a scene without much dialogue (such as a fight scene) in a script? Does it read generally like "They fight" and you leave it up to the stunt coordinators to plan it out, or is it written specifically like "Oliver kicks Attacker A in the knee then punches Attacker B in the face"? I was just wondering how much of those scenes are planned by writers vs. directors/stunt coordinators. Thanks for answering our questions!

Here’s an example from Ep. 3x18:

tumblr_inline_nmkqb3YowO1rac8qx_1280.jpg

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

Edited by tv echo

Welcome back, CL...

Arrow   20 hrs ·
It's not easy fighting a hallucination. James Bamford dives into the challenging Black Canary vs. Vertigo fight.
‪#‎Arrow‬ returns Wednesday with its final 5 episodes of the season!

https://www.facebook.com/CWArrow

Arrow - Stunts: Black Canary Vs. Vertigo
Published on Apr 10, 2015, by The CW Television Network
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU836DkeqLc

Edited by tv echo

New con announcement...

Dragonfly's Green Heart Italian Convention, June 26-28, 2015 (Florence, Italy)
Guests:  David Ramsey, Colton Haynes, Caity Lotz and Manu Bennett

The Green Heart italian convention is the first convention with the actors of the TV series "Arrow" in Europe in 2015. Many surprises, show and performances are waiting 26 to 28 June 2015 in the magical city ​​of Florence.

http://dragonflyevent.altervista.org/en_US/green-heart-italian-convention/

David Ramsey @david_ramsey  ·  17h 17 hours ago
HOPE YOU'RE READY ITALY!!!
(I've never been and cant wait!!!)
@dragonflyevent
http://dragonflyevent.altervista.org
David Ramsey @david_ramsey  ·  17h 17 hours ago
HEY FRANCE, I'M COMING TO YA!!!
@peoplecons
http://www.people-convention.com/

https://twitter.com/david_ramsey

Edited by tv echo

Wow, JB has a whole concert tour schedule in England running from May 16 through June 15!

JOHN BARROWMAN
TICKETS AND DATES
http://www.gigsandtours.com/tour/john-barrowman/?src=johnbarrowmangen

John Barrowman MBE @Team_Barrowman  ·  Apr 10
Fancy a fabulous Sunday night out? Get your tickets now for John's concert at Royal Concert Hall Nottingham, 17 May!
http://gigsandtours.com/tour/john-barrowman/?src=johnbarrowmangen

https://twitter.com/team_barrowman

Edited by tv echo

Note that advertised Arrow calendar has no Felicity...

No Diggle or Felicity on the calendar is massively stupid.  But you do get Bronze Tiger, China White, Slade, Laurel and Sara.  Is the p.r. department that out of touch?

• Love 7

FYI: here's an updated comic con schedule for Arrow actors for the rest of the year (I've omitted JB's concert schedule)...

Megacon, April 10-12, 2015 (Orlando, FL)
David Ramsey and Summer Glau

Supanova Pop Culture Expo, April 10-12, 2015 (Melbourne, AU)
Willa Holland and Manu Bennett  [WH cancelled]

Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo, April 16-19, 2015
Stephen Amell, David Ramsey and Robert Knepper

Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo C2E2, April 24-26, 2015
David Ramsey

Queen's Rebellion, April 25-26, 2015 (Germany)
Colton Haynes, Paul Blackthorne and Manu Bennett

Belfast Comic Con, May 2-3, 2015 (Ireland)
Katrina Law

Wizard World's Philadelphia Comic Con, May 7-10, 2015
Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy and Summer Glau

Rogue Events' The City of Heroes, May 15-17, 2015 (Birmingham, United Kingdom)
Stephen Amell, David Ramsey, Katie Cassidy, Caity Lotz and Brandon Routh

St. Albert's Eek! Fest, May 30-31, 2015 (Alberta, Canada)
Caity Lotz

Super Heroes Con, June 6-7, 2015 (Paris, France)
Willa Holland, David Ramsey and Colton Haynes

Wizard World's Des Moines Comic Con, June 12-14, 2015
Manu Bennett

Wizard World's Sacramento Comic Con, June 19-21, 2015
Katie Cassidy and Manu Bennett

Amazing Las Vegas Comic Convention, June 19-21, 2015
John Barrowman

Smallville Comiccon, June 20-21, 2015 (Smallville/Hutchinson, KS)
Katrina Law

Dragonfly's Green Heart Italian Convention, June 26-28, 2015 (Florence, Italy)
David Ramsey, Colton Haynes, Caity Lotz and Manu Bennett

Montreal Comicon, July 3-5, 2015
John Barrowman

SAN DIEGO COMIC CON INTERNATIONAL, July 9-12, 2015
No guests posted yet, but assume Arrow cast/producers will attend.

Shore Leave 37, August 7-9, 2015 (Hunt Valley, MD)
John Barrowman

Wizard World's Chicago Comic Con, August 20-23, 2015
Stephen Amell and Summer Glau

Dragon Con, September 4-7, 2015 (Atlanta, GA)
Stephen Amell and John Barrowman

Wizard World's Fort Lauderdale Comic Con, Oct. 2-4, 2014
John Barrowman

NEW YORK COMIC CON, Oct. 8-11, 2015
No guests posted yet, but assume Arrow actors/producers will attend.

Edited by tv echo

Has anyone ever asked EBR why she doesn't attend Cons? I read somewhere that it's a nerves thing but I don't think it was confirmed and she did fine on the European tour.

• Love 1