Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

43 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

did she/tvfanatic have to give Leah Pipes, from the originals, an award for the "character who needs to get the fuck off the show" the same year

What kind of professional does that? Is this person still employed or with this website? What an awful thing to do. If you can't keep your own opinion out of your interviews, maybe you shouldn't interview people. (I don't like Wild Dog for example but I'd never ask the actor if it wasn't time to die for his character.) 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Belinea said:

What kind of professional does that? Is this person still employed or with this website? What an awful thing to do. If you can't keep your own opinion out of your interviews, maybe you shouldn't interview people. (I don't like Wild Dog for example but I'd never ask the actor if it wasn't time to die for his character.) 

To clarify, they didn't give her the award itself at comic con but she was interviewed by the same site Clarissa is editor of (Tv fanatic) the same year Clarissa "professionally" asked Emily how she felt about her character ruining Arrow. They started the interview off from memory asking Leah if she was excited for the new season and Leah diverted the interview and called them out on the fact that they had given her an award for the "character who needs to get the fuck off the show".

(Also she's no Caroline, but I didn't think Camille was a bad character. Maybe a tad self righteous, but her and Klaus had their moments) 

And from memory I vaguely recall them insulting or having an uncomfortable interview with another females actress at that con(?) It was banner year for them. 

From what I saw people saying on twitter Tv fanatic got their interview privileges revoked for Arrow but I'm not sure if that's legitimate or not. 

Next weekend's cons/events (updated with schedules)...

New York State Writers Institute, April 20, 2018 (Albany, NY)
Marc Guggenheim
https://www.albany.edu/writers-inst/webpages4/archives/18MarcGuggenheim.html

Marc Guggenheim, writer/producer of "Arrow" and "DC's Legends of Tomorrow," executive producer of Guillermo del Toro’s Netflix animated series Trollhunters, comic book writer, novelist and UAlbany alumnus, will screen clips of his work for TV and film and offer commentary and Q&A 7 p.m. Friday, April 20 at Page Hall, 135 Western Avenue, downtown campus.

Supanova Melbourne, April 21-22, 2018 (AU)
John Barrowman
http://www.supanova.com.au/guests/john-barrowman/

Q&A Panels: ...
– 2:20pm, Saturday
– 4:00pm, Sunday 

Wales Comic Con, April 21-22, 2018  (Wrexham, Wales, UK)
Matt Ryan and Michael Rowe (also Rick Cosnett)
http://walescomiccon.com/guests/

All Q&A sessions take place in our Q&A halls – they will be marked clearly on the site map when it becomes available, but you can ask a crew member if you get a little lost.

Edited by tv echo
30 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Some people seem to be a bit upset he didn't stick around for Beyonce. 

I wonder if he really left or if he was just trying to be ~above Coachella since he made fun of it for years, but also still wants to be into it now. 

Colton posted an IG story of himself "at Coachella," and revealed he was actually watching TV at Stephen's house because it was too hot to actually go to Coachella. LOL. Emily and Aisha posted videos from the festival, though. Aisha's must have been from backstage or close to it, because she was right next to Beyoncé's dancers and musicians. I had extreme jealousy, because B's set was incredible.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Colton posted an IG story of himself "at Coachella," and revealed he was actually watching TV at Stephen's house because it was too hot to actually go to Coachella. LOL

I'm sure the celebrity Coachella experience is 100% better than what the commoners endure, but there isn't anyone I'd stand in the desert all day to see. I'll just stream it live and have better sound/views like I'm doing right now. 

• Love 6

Hah! I'm with Colton. I've lost all my Texas heat sensitivity and now whine if it's over 70 degrees. My early 20s self who went to tons of outdoor music festivals during miserable Texas summers is disgusted with my present self.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I’m sure the celebrity Coachella experience is 100% better than what the commoners endure

I get the feeling that celebrities care more about the fact that they were seen there than the music. It is publicity for everybody. I wonder if they even have to pay

Look at SA: Last year he went, presumably for his wife, after making fun of it and then he even made it to the View after posting that stuff about how you should/ shouldn’t enjoy doing stuff your spouse does. 

This year they invited 50 of their closest friends, made a big deal but in the end watched it from home. 

I assume that while the headliners are great, it might be a bit overrated. Maybe I am wrong. At the end of the day they probably all have their individual reason for going anyway. 

Hopefully that didn’t sound rude. Wasn’t the intention. 

18 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Look at SA: Last year he went, presumably for his wife, after making fun of it and then he even made it to the View after posting that stuff about how you should/ shouldn’t enjoy doing stuff your spouse does. 

The fallout from that was so great though - Stephen and his wife getting offended at whatever it was Whoopi said about it, then his wife tried clapping back at her on Twitter about how she didn't have to take showers because she has a saltwater pool. A+, I'm so sad we probably won't be getting a sequel this year. 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

how she didn't have to take showers because she has a saltwater pool.

I don't remember that part. Did she really say that?! Also, isn't that super itchy if you don't shower after saltwater? Sorry, off topic but I am actually curious?

As a follow up to being dragged by Whoopi, it looks like SA has awoken the Beyhive...cue “Twitter is mean” FB post in 3...2...1...

Pop culture worlds colliding when you see people on twitter that don’t have anything to do with CW/WB are tweeting about “Walmart Batman”. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I’m sure the celebrity Coachella experience is 100% better than what the commoners endure, but there isn't anyone I'd stand in the desert all day to see. I'll just stream it live and have better sound/views like I'm doing right now

I used to go to Coachella every year (before I got old lol) and one year our friend got us VIP passes. It was fun for people watching because there were a bunch of celebs but no one was there for the music. The only stage you could see from there was the main one and it was a crappy view. I always liked seeing the stars who mingled with the regular folks at the other stages because they were there for the music. But SA’s group seems like they stay in the VIP area a lot. 

Also, his tweet went viral in a big (and bad) way. Boy is getting DRAGGED!

Maybe, but I feel like it’s pretty well known that any perceived slight to Beyoncé will attract a lot of social media attention which my uncharitable read is kind of what he was going for. 

There were many other ways to tweet about Andre The Giant or leaving Coachella early (why even tweet that?) that would have not garnered that reaction.

*insert SNL “Beygency” skit here”

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I feel like I’m missing something. He didn’t say anything bad about her?

I think that we get that it was supposed to be a self-drag because we’re familiar with his sense of humour and understand that there was an implied “because I’m old” at the end his tweet. But if you don’t know him, it looks like a white CW actor is saying he had better things to do than stay to watch her.

It’s silly on both sides, IMO. People are way overreacting on one hand, but on the other her performance had tremendous cultural significance and he probably should  not have waded in to comment on it. Keeping your mouth shut is sometimes the best moves.

In any case, I’m guessing he’ll be anti-Twitter again after this...

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Trisha said:

I used to go to Coachella every year (before I got old lol) and one year our friend got us VIP passes. It was fun for people watching because there were a bunch of celebs but no one was there for the music. The only stage you could see from there was the main one and it was a crappy view. I always liked seeing the stars who mingled with the regular folks at the other stages because they were there for the music. But SA’s group seems like they stay in the VIP area a lot. 

Also, his tweet went viral in a big (and bad) way. Boy is getting DRAGGED!

Who are these people? 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Who are these people? 

I'm not sure about Angelica, but Ira Madison III is an otherwise awesome culture and entertainment critic who's written for Vulture, MTV, GQ, and is now with the Daily Beast and Crooked Media. Like posters before me, I think Stephen's comment was meant to be self-deprecating and no slight to Beyoncé, but as soon as I saw it, I knew the Hive would come for him. He should probably just not tweet about Coachella anymore. Or he should tweet about it every year and let the resulting controversies become an annual thing. LOL.

Anyway, I just saw him on Aisha Tyler's IG story, and he seems unbothered, enjoying his Sunday, so maybe the Hive should too. (And I say this as a Bey fan who's already watched her show three times today -- it was that amazing).

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 1

Stephen's tweet doesn't surprise me, neither does the hive attack lol. I missed her performance because I'm old and fell asleep but I'm watching it now.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Ira’s awesome. He writes for the Daily Beast and is a great follow on Twitter. 

I looked him up after seeing these tweets here and saw that he's written for some pretty reputable outlets.  I've seen him be retweeted on fans accounts I follow but I didn't know much about him.  I might have to start following him.

Although I also found an article about his own twitter controversy when he spoke about Jeff Sessions Asian American granddaughter who looks about 2 or 3 year olds. Called her a prop and said they should return her to Toys R Us where they brought her from. Be critical of peoples politics and actions, but don't go after their kids/grandkids. 

16 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Like posters before me, I think Stephen's comment was meant to be self-deprecating and no slight to Beyoncé, but as soon as I saw it, I knew the Hive would come for him.

I was just watching a YouTube tutorial by the guy who does her makeup. He was telling a story about how he tried a new look on her for the Met Ball a few years ago and he said, "The Beyhive dragged me straight to hell that day." He said he started getting Twitter notifications from people saying they wanted to find him and obliterate him and he was like, "Guys, it's just eyeshadow." LOL - he was a good sport about it. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Stephen's tweet was dumb, but I didn't realize that someone not wanting to see any particular artist is a draggable offense. Or why anyone would even care if he liked Beyonce or not.

I can see how Stephen's tweet could come off like he has better things to do then watch Beyoncé, which seems dismissive of a talented artist, but at the same time does everyone have to like Beyoncé? He's a dude, a white fratboyish dude who's not very fly. Haha. I'm assuming he's not Beyoncé target audience. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

Honestly, IMO Beyonce fans are coming off really bad here. They're attacking him because he had the nerve to not attend her show. 

Her fans are what stops me from liking anything Beyonce does. Some of them are so annoying plus everyone acts likes she's a God. It's so ridiculous.

• Love 7

Yeah, her fans are what made me a hater for years. Around the time Formation and Lemonade came out, I tuned the fans out and just paid attention to her talent. Now I'm a fan, but her stans are still way OTT. I could understand the impulse to drag someone who said bad things about her, but dragging someone for casually expressing disinterest is doing too much. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Yeah, her fans are what made me a hater for years. Around the time Formation and Lemonade came out, I tuned the fans out and just paid attention to her talent. Now I'm a fan, but her stans are still way OTT. I could understand the impulse to drag someone who said bad things about her, but dragging someone for casually expressing disinterest is doing too much. 

I don't begrudge anyone from liking what they like. But if she's so good she wouldn't need to copy so many artists for performances and other things. That's just my opinion though lol.

It's hard for me to tell if other celebrities are like this because the Arrow folks are the only ones I keep close track of--even the Kardashians are only a vague blur to me--but I think they might be better served by taking an "air of mystery" approach to social media.  I think I liked Stephen more when he was a bro-ish dad who parkoured a lot, and now I feel his brand involves a lot of drinking. Emily, too, although I give her a pass because of her age. I'm not making any assumptions about him having a problem, and it might be in service of his wine brand, but I also feel like it dominates a lot of what he puts out there lately. 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

This is why I'm much more comfortable stanning fictional relationships between pretty people, then stanning real life people. 

• Love 2

I think Steve knew what he was doing when he included Beyoncé name in that tweet. He could have worded it many different ways but it just came off as him saying he had better things to do than watch Bey bring her talent into question. This after Beychella, one of her blackest performances ever. Yikes.

DeliriousMatureAmericantoad-max-1mb.gif

The Flash and some Arrow taking advantage of it and bring it to BeyHive's notice does not surprise me. 

Edited by TwistedandBored
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, TwistedandBored said:

I think Steve knew what he was doing when he included Beyoncé name in that tweet. He could have worded it many different ways but it just came off as him saying he had better things to do than watch Bey bring her talent into question. This after Beychella, one of her blackest performances ever. Yikes.

DeliriousMatureAmericantoad-max-1mb.gif

The Flash and some Arrow taking advantage of it and bring it to BeyHive's notice does not surprise me. 

He made the tweet well before her performance.

• Love 9

I love Beyonce and have for years but there is no greater vulture than her fanbase...you can't even say you didn't like a certain outfit she wore before they're swarming you with hate.

Stephen thought he could tweet like he normally does with his sport tweets and didnt think of the repercussions of including Beyonce's name in to it

I knew the drag was coming but oh boy it got pretty bad when ppl brought his personal life in to the matter and the flash fans using it as a way to shit on arrow further.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

He made the tweet well before her performance.

I am not saying he meant to diss her. I believe Stephen has praised her in the past. I could be wrong about this but I think he praised her and shaded Katy Perry.

I am just saying his tweet was badly worded. It came off as saying, I have something better to do than watch Beyoncé. There were a lot of other talents performing that night. He didn't have to single her out.

Also, I was on twitter all of last night waiting for her performance. I even cringe when I saw that tweet cause I knew who would stir the pot and involve the BeyHive. So, most of these tweets were from today after people have watched that Bey performance. 

• Love 2

I don't dislike Beyonce, but I can't say I like her either. I acknowledge and respect her achievements in music, culture, and the world. But man, there are sooooo many legitimate reasons to drag SA, and imo, this isn't one of them. Oh Internet, you can be both wonderful and the worst. 

I am enjoying the EBR in a bikini content we're getting this weekend. ?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Cleanqueen said:

I love Beyonce and have for years but there is no greater vulture than her fanbase...you can't even say you didn't like a certain outfit she wore before they're swarming you with hate.

Stephen thought he could tweet like he normally does with his sport tweets and didnt think of the repercussions of including Beyonce's name in to it

I knew the drag was coming but oh boy it got pretty bad when ppl brought his personal life in to the matter and the flash fans using it as a way to shit on arrow further.

Actually, I just looked at twitter and the real beyHives are not the ones dragging right now. That is just some folks at Black twitter, some Flash fans, some Arrow fans, and some casual Bey fans that. So, this is a mild draggation happening now. These guys are just doing the Hives dirty work. 

If BeyHives really came after him then y’all will know it. They go deeper than this and he will have been a trending topic leading to articles being written about the whole situation. This will then lead to the ? all over his social media platforms. 

Edited by TwistedandBored
  • Love 2

Stephen had a response about the Hive's reaction to his Beyonce tweet, which I kind of chuckled at:

Some celebs respond really badly. Stephen sometimes does, and then sometimes is smart and does things like this, which, you know, he should really ignore, but if he feels the need to respond like he does, at least do it with class and humour. 

• Love 3

I agree. I think Stephen good naturedly making fun of the 'backlash' is the best way to go, since any fandom who gives themselves their own nickname, is probably a fandom who takes itself way too seriously and couldn't handle someone making fun of them or jokes in general.