Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I'm bummed we didn't get the Felicity/Curtis scene. It made the episode description, I thought for sure it would make the extras. Poor Parker. They cut half his screentime. I would have kept the Thea and Diggle one. That one was nice. The Thea/Oliver one just annoyed me. Oliver's puppy face doesn't work when it involves the kid. The Laurel and Donna scene was painful. I thought CR was a bit cringey in that scene. It was too much. Laurel looked great, but that dress didn't work for me at all. It cut her bust in a really weird way.

I thought the blooper reel was an improvement over the last couple. I loved the ones from 4x01 with SA and EBR. I wondered how they kept a straight face during the 'game' scene and now I know they didn't. I also liked the one OTA one and the one with EBR and DR. Basically, I liked my favorites. lol

• Love 4

You know what else is missing? The storyboarded version of the final scene from 409. Why? :(

In other news, I just read a reaction to Oliver and Thea's scene at the engagement party in which someone parallels Oliver's stupid kid secret keeping with Moira and I'm kind of in awe. Of course, I believe it happened by pure chance, but it could have actually been pretty cool to have the show intentionally bring Oliver's stupidity into connection with Moira's MO of doing all the bad/questionable shit in order to keep her kids safe. Or so she thought. So it would make sense in the way that Oliver has been conditioned to react like this. What a missed opportunity. It's in good company at least.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, bijoux said:

You know what else is missing? The storyboarded version of the final scene from 409. Why? :(

In other news, I just read a reaction to Oliver and Thea's scene at the engagement party in which someone parallels Oliver's stupid kid secret keeping with Moira and I'm kind of in awe. Of course, I believe it happened by pure chance, but it could have actually been pretty cool to have the show intentionally bring Oliver's stupidity into connection with Moira's MO of doing all the bad/questionable shit in order to keep her kids safe. Or so she thought. So it would make sense in the way that Oliver has been conditioned to react like this. What a missed opportunity. It's in good company at least.

Oh yeah! The "Stay with me!" scene. TRAGEDY! We were robbed!

Hmm. That does kinda make sense. But they originally framed the whole kid storyline as Oliver lying because Samantha asked him to, not because he was doing it to keep William safe. So they completely missed the boat with some parental parallels there. Color me not at all surprised. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, bijoux said:

What a missed opportunity. It's in good company at least.

I'm glad the show didn't make a connection there, because comparing Oliver's actions to Moira's would've made him look even more stupid. Because yeah, Moira did all kinds of questionable stuff to keep her kids safe, but she actually did actively try to keep her kids safe. Oliver just lied because someone told him to - which actually repeatedly kept his child unsafe, which Moira would've never in a million years even fathomed letting happen. 

• Love 8

Has this been posted? Maybe I just haven't seen it. If it has already been posted, I will take it down again. But seriously just don't provide shots like that if you don't want them to show up. 

jJRf7ZMj8PEgXL7xTH_HmT4D9sCSZcF_j1VglbWoCDM.jpg

Wow. Uh...I'm torn between thinking MG must be at the end of his tether to call a fan an asshole (because he must receive so much nasty crap on twitter) and thinking yikes, he really shouldn't be calling a 'fan' an asshole. Maybe think of a better way to say that next time? IDK. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, bijoux said:

Warning: this is a scene with Oliver/Poppy. So it may induce you to fall asleep straight away. Or get hiccups from laughing over the hoaky dialogue. However, here's my question. Anatoly didn't mention Bratva to Oliver on the ship or island?

The link doesn't work for me. Do they talk about Bratva? Anyway, yes, IIRC Anatoly did mention Bratva to Oliver while they were on the ship.

Just came around watching the deleted scenes  Strangely enough, I feel like they should have kept the Malcolm/Thea one. It showed her guilt at having threatened the little girl, and so her leaving the team would have felt less abrupt, IMO.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I'm glad the show didn't make a connection there, because comparing Oliver's actions to Moira's would've made him look even more stupid. Because yeah, Moira did all kinds of questionable stuff to keep her kids safe, but she actually did actively try to keep her kids safe. Oliver just lied because someone told him to - which actually repeatedly kept his child unsafe, which Moira would've never in a million years even fathomed letting happen. 

I don't have a definitive opinion on the issue, more tossing ideas as I go, but one could argue that Moira keeping the secret of Thea's parenthood from her put her at risk as well. Yes, she's got Oliver on actually trying to minimize the threat by awesomely running Malcolm out of town. But Thea was a grown up of independant means. She could have chosen to leave town at any point and there dear old Dad could have popped up while she was vacationing in Cabo. Plus, there's also the fact that Felicity figured the secret out. Felicity wasn't a threat, but it could/should have got Moira to thinking that somebody else could as well. In this instance she was protecting herself and not Thea. So I definitely see parallels there.

My point isn't even that the situations should be seen as equal or even that it would make Oliver more sympathetic. Would it could have offered was some sense of reasoning however skewed. I put character motivations that make sense for them above them making the right decisions. I still would have been pissed and exasparated and bemoaning, Is this really what you took away from everything, Oliver. It's not all that your mother did and besides, if anything, you should have taken it as a cautionary tale. However, I feel like it wouldn't have left me as perplexed as I was. And there was the added bonus of linking it back to Moira, who this storyline should have been linked to in the first place if they were determined to do it.

13 minutes ago, looptab said:

The link doesn't work for me. Do they talk about Bratva? Anyway, yes, IIRC Anatoly did mention Bratva to Oliver while they were on the ship.

Just came around watching the deleted scenes  Strangely enough, I feel like they should have kept the Malcolm/Thea one. It showed her guilt at having threatened the little girl, and so her leaving the team would have felt less abrupt, IMO.

It seems it was taken down. It's at some point during their captivity and Taiana reveals that sweet murdering Vlad was Bratva and that he was planning an uprising with some others. She asks Oliver whether he knows about Bratva and he sort of grunts in the negative or something. And there was also a proverb or something there.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, bijoux said:

seems it was taken down. It's at some point during their captivity and Taiana reveals that sweet murdering Vlad was Bratva and that he was planning an uprising with some others. She asks Oliver whether he knows about Bratva and he sort of grunts in the negative or something. And there was also a proverb or something there.

Thank you for the recap. :) So this was among the deleted scenes and the Curtis/Felicity one wasn't?  WHO TOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA??

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I don't have a definitive opinion on the issue, more tossing ideas as I go, but one could argue that Moira keeping the secret of Thea's parenthood from her put her at risk as well. Yes, she's got Oliver on actually trying to minimize the threat by awesomely running Malcolm out of town. But Thea was a grown up of independant means. She could have chosen to leave town at any point and there dear old Dad could have popped up while she was vacationing in Cabo. Plus, there's also the fact that Felicity figured the secret out. Felicity wasn't a threat, but it could/should have got Moira to thinking that somebody else could as well. In this instance she was protecting herself and not Thea. So I definitely see parallels there.

My point isn't even that the situations should be seen as equal or even that it would make Oliver more sympathetic. Would it could have offered was some sense of reasoning however skewed. I put character motivations that make sense for them above them making the right decisions. I still would have been pissed and exasparated and bemoaning, Is this really what you took away from everything, Oliver. It's not all that your mother did and besides, if anything, you should have taken it as a cautionary tale. However, I feel like it wouldn't have left me as perplexed as I was. And there was the added bonus of linking it back to Moira, who this storyline should have been linked to in the first place if they were determined to do it.

Oliver displaying some Moiraness does make sense if we're just talking about him being determined to keep the truth from William himself. There is no motivation or explanation that will ever make him keeping William a secret from his team —a team he relies on to, you know, protect the people of Star City (and this season, the actual whole word), a team that has gone to great lengths to protect HIM —in the name of protecting his son. If he was concerned about protecting William's safety, they are the FIRST people he would've told. 

I don't remember a lot of the evil Dad storyline, so I forget all of what Moira's stated reasons were - if she even mentioned safety/danger as a reason for not wanting Thea to know, but Moira's lie seems reasonable to me in that she didn't want Thea to doubt Robert's love for her, or for the truth to taint her memory of her childhood and her father, since Malcom wasn't around in that capacity anyway. So, for the sake of not disrupting William's childhood, I get why Oliver would do the same and actively not tell him about it. It's the rest of it that's garbage. 

Since the deleted scene didn't reference Moira, I don't see how including it would have revealed more about Oliver's motivations or thought processes than the previous Queen Siblings are Idiots and Sometimes Hypocrites scene from 414 (?) where GuggenThea made the "protecting William" argument in the first place, and Oliver agreed to it. If viewers wanted to find the Moira connection it was already there. The only redeeming aspect of the deleted scene for me is to show that Oliver was still thinking about it re: Felicity at all, but him deciding to put it in the rear-view, basically, does not improve or even clarify my view of his choices in that storyline or the storyline in general. Wish we could just have a complete do-over, ugh.

• Love 7

I'm not talking about including this scene, but actually a comment I saw someone make after it was aired. The scene wouldn't have helped much, if any, and certainly wouldn't have made the connection between Oliver and Moira any clearer. It just got me to thinking what if the show decided to mine that and delve into that instead of drumming the lame ass drum they did.

20 hours ago, HighHopes said:

Yikes @ the WB....

This poster is incredibly, incredibly tasteless. Don't the WB PR people know that that slogan is just code for something extremely offensive?

Youtube versions of the Olicty supercut and the S4 gag reel...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

This article includes video clip of deleted Poppy/Oliver scene from 404 (Beyond Redemption)...
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/today-on-blu-raydvd-arrow-the-complete-fourth-season/ 

In this deleted scene, Taiana explains to Oliver how she came to be on the island: Every few months, Reiter sent men out to raid as pirates. She was working on a yacht as a dive instructor. Her brother was the deckhand. Reiter's men captured their boat and killed everyone else.

Edited by tv echo

Her nose ring is so teeny. This will never happen, but I'd love for Felicity to just show up one day with it. She's already got the industrial. Say she went out with Thea and got it on a whim. (Of course, I work in an industry where my top boss has a giant snake tattoo on her forearm, and I get to have purple hair.)

• Love 1

There's a great interview/article to go along with the photos too. You can zoom in on it on the left hand side, or if you have an iPad/Tablet it works great to read it on that (which is how I originally did). Her interview starts on page 37. 

Edit: Wonderwall linked to it too! Must have happened as I was getting the link info. 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 2