Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

I thought he got

Reveal hidden contents

the Jewish flashback character?

If he's only in one ep, that's great news. I think he's a douche. (At least his persona, no clue re his RL personality.)

Spoiler

I haven't been able to find any confirmation on that, just rumor. The rumor seems to be based on the fact that they haven't announced that casting yet and the description mentioned wrestling. The description was written prior to CR even being brought up and if CR was playing this character, why not announce it? They did everyone else. 

6 minutes ago, kismet said:

I think his additional event is for NerdHQ not SDCC, so rules might be a little different. It's really what Zach Levi & co want to do. I think SA & ZL are buds or enough of buds to pull some strings. Honestly, I hope its just a good panel no matter who his friends are.

I understand that it's for NerdHQ but since it only happens at SDCC, I see it as a SDCC event. It is geared for that crowd. 

10 hours ago, thegirlsleuth said:

I find  Gail Simone's comments especially hilarious since there is a "make arrow great again" movement a la Trump, which mostly consists of "get rid of Olicity".

I think the misunderstanding is coming from the idea that SA had to have any clout to get an extra panel at NerdHQ. He's friendly with Zachary Levi, which is all he'd need. Since it's a charitable event, all they care about is selling tickets - if SA sells out a room, and can sell out two (which I'm sure he can), then I don't think they'd care if his panel included Cody Rhodes, Code8, or OTA. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, TimetravellingBW said:

) If she actually presented a proper argument explaining why she felt Felicity was a poor heroine and Olicity a terrible romance then I might listen.

She has no argument because she doesn't watch the show.

She trolls as a performance act. She usually trolls characters, not fandoms, but she obviously found something that gives her a lots of likes and RTs. So she's now performing to the people who extremely hate O/F, and the O/F fandom folks who fall for her baits. And probably to the amusement of folks who don't watch Arrow at all but are enjoying her trolling a fandom that the comic book world seems to despise.

So, you know, I unfollowed her, muted her, and blocked her just in case. Because I have no interest in seeing that [her current performance trolling is not for me in anyway], and it probably also preserves my Birds of Prey comics from being set on fire.

• Love 8
(edited)
36 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

She trolls as a performance act. She usually trolls characters, not fandoms, but she obviously found something that gives her a lots of likes and RTs. So she's now performing to the people who extremely hate O/F, and the O/F fandom folks who fall for her baits. And probably to the amusement of folks who don't watch Arrow at all but are enjoying her trolling a fandom that the comic book world seems to despise.

If that's true, my review of her 'performance art' is scathing. I give her an F.

Edited by Guest
(edited)

Her hair is beautiful.  The dress I'm iffy on; it looks a little dated - although she does look good in it. And those shoes do not match.

I do have an interest in the movie. ALS is probably one of the worst diseases ever. Any attention it can get to help fund research is good.

Edited by kismet
answered my own question. it's in theaters end of July
  • Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

If that's true, my review of her 'performance art' is scathing. I give her an F.

But that's the thing imo -- having any kind of opinion about what she's doing = her performance act has fulfilled its social function of affecting you [the royal you, not you you], and you formed an opinion about it and wrote about it on the internets.

I actually hadn't seen any of what she was saying until it was brought here, because I had insulated myself from her. Making her performance act invisible means I don't have to form an opinion about it, means I don't let it fulfill its troll function.

This is the kind of troll that REALLY REALLY demands the "if you ignore it, it doesn't exist" mentality.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

But that's the thing imo -- having any kind of opinion about what she's doing = her performance act has fulfilled its social function of affecting you [the royal you, not you you], and you formed an opinion about it and wrote about it on the internets.

I actually hadn't seen any of what she was saying until it was brought here, because I had insulated myself from her. Making her performance act invisible means I don't have to form an opinion about it, means I don't let it fulfill its troll function.

This is the kind of troll that REALLY REALLY demands the "if you ignore it, it doesn't exist" mentality.

Well, I have her blocked and only found out about what she said by coming here, but point taken.

(edited)
14 minutes ago, kismet said:

Is the movie in theaters or airing somewhere? I do have an interest in the movie. ALS is probably one of the worst diseases ever. Any attention it can get to help fund research is good.

Gleason had its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival in January and its L.A. premiere last week.  As for more widespread release, it sounds like Amazon has picked up the U.S. rights but has not yet released it...
http://www.nola.com/movies/index.ssf/2016/01/steve_gleason_documentary_pick.html 

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Gleason-Clay-Tweel/dp/B01I2BH81W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1468763765&sr=8-2&keywords=gleason+als

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, kismet said:

The dress I'm iffy on; it looks a little dated - although she does look good in it. And those shoes do not match.

It looks like a jumpsuit to me and I think it's straight up bad. 

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

The next time SA wants his sports tweets to hit 5K RTs quickly, he should make sure to include EBR/mention Felicity in them. 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 12
(edited)
9 hours ago, dtissagirl said:

9 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Seconded. If it's just about her getting attention and not about actual disappointment/criticism of Arrow then that makes me roll my eyes even more. It's just sad that someone who seems like a well-respected writer needs to leech of a show they allegedly hate just to get attention. Is she not secure enough in her own success and writing that she has to get support from anti-Olicitiers who may not even read her stuff. 

I also find it deeply ironic that for someone who cares about female characters she attacks EBRs role (an actress is very much her character first, romance second) while gushing over KC who threw LL under the bus to try and be a LI. If GS doesn't watch the show then I'm sure their little chats never included why the hell KC destroyed what was left of GS's beloved Black Canary in order to fulfil her ridiculous headcanons about LL always being in love within Oliver. 

But meh, I don't follow her on her Twitter and won't give her a response, and she's not going to care if non-comics readers like me are put off from maybe reading her comics. It's just disappointing a prominent feminist in the boys club of comics is catering to such a sexist argument just to get attention. 

Edited by TimetravellingBW
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Hmmm, still want to see a lot more before I follow you again, Stephen:

He was being almost uncharacteristically fun on Twitter yesterday, I'll give him that.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Yeah!

Brandon Routh?

To be fair, BR seems like a really cool guy by all accounts. So maybe he got picked for being himself, not his character? Not sure which the "fan favorite" part refers to. 

• Love 3

I was surprised at Rebecca Mader and Tamara Taylor.  It feels like they decide which shows are fan favourites, and then see who they can get from them.

I'd go to that panel for Bruce Campbell.

Just now, statsgirl said:

I was surprised at Rebecca Mader and Tamara Taylor.  It feels like they decide which shows are fan favourites, and then see who they can get from them.

I'd go to that panel for Bruce Campbell.

That was my understanding on how they decided which actors took part to that panel.

13 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Hmm.  TV Guide panel is 4:15-5:15. The Friday afternoon Nerd HQ panel at 3PM. Anyone know how close that Museum location is to the Convention Center? Can DR do both panels (assuming Nerd HQ is OTA)?

It's pretty much across the street.

3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

It's pretty much across the street.

Perfect,  he can do both. Maybe he'll have to leave a little bit early but it doesn't completely rule out an OTA Panel.  *Fingers Crossed*

• Love 1
3 hours ago, lemotomato said:

To be fair, Broutinely like a really cool guy by all accounts. So maybe he got picked for being himself, not his character? Not sure which the "fan favorite" part refers to. 

This IS the mystery of BR. Seems like the nicest guy IRL but routinely plays douches.

• Love 2

I don't think Ray was intended to come off so badly.  Interviews imply it was not what writers, actors, or producers expected to show, yet he always comes off horribly to me.  Ray's the only role I've seen BR in though, and I do think a lot of it is down to the situations he's written into, even in LoT.

19 minutes ago, foreverevolving said:

Why is that a mystery?
He's an actor.

Yea but someone that likeable usually has some bleed over Into his projects - especially If he Is not the villain. I will often avoid a project If he Is Involved. That Is how repulsive I usually find his acting or characters. It took me awhile to look past that on LoT. There are some days when I wonder If BR had not been cast, would I have liked RP and s3?

• Love 5
(edited)

Does Brandon routinely play douches? I've only seen him in a handful of stuff, and I've enjoyed him in pretty much all of them: Superman Returns, Scott Pilgrim (he was a jerk here but then all of the ex-boyfriend were, and he was hilarious!), that Hallmark movie where he was a firefighter with a cat (or was it a dog?) and as Ray. I had problems with the way the character was written, but I found Brandon himself charming enough in the role that I was able to get past the failings of the writing. 

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1

OK, after hearing Stephen's story about Emily's workout and seeing this I'm starting to wonder if there are plans for more physical stuff for Felicity or this is just normal. I mean, EBR seems to like hitting the gym (she's mentioned that in interviews). Also, damn girl, amazing guns!

• Love 1

I think she was with Brady Roberts early on but switched to Thomas (KC's boyfriend) last year. He posted that video of her doing a handspring and punch combo. You're probably right @apinknightmare that this is not really out of the ordinary. It's just the "talk" about it -- Stephen talking about getting ripped for the start of the season, and then his story about Emily -- that's making it seem slightly different from usual to me.