Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

To be fair to all those who work on a show's production, fandom can be a minefield. We can be a salty bunch. I would not want to walk that tightrope, but that doesn't mean I won't be entertained by the drama. 

Both groups are @ replying him and others with screen caps of other people being awful. It's amazing. 

• Love 1

Oh wow. That L/O love scene looks even worse in gif format. Oliver's trying to kiss her and she's biting his lips off. Chemistry!

That was a warm up to the most awkward kiss in Arrow history.

This kiss just looked painful. KC looks like she as a migraine.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 1

Why does anyone even care what the casting guy thinks about O/L chemistry? Is his opinion going to change the show? Nope. What a load of fuss over nothing. I swear. 

Edited by Guest

That was a warm up to the most awkward kiss in Arrow history.

This kiss just looked painful. KC looks like she as a migraine.

The one in the mansion? Please say the one in the mansion, bc I totally have a gif handy!

http://giphy.com/gifs/stephen-amell-katie-cassidy-laurel-lance-kIxZz3Is0F3Gg

Look at his hands, look at his hands! And the distance between them, leaving enough space for the Holy Ghost that a 1950s nun would be satisfied. I die laughing every time. 

• Love 6

I think its because a fan talked to him and he agreed they had a chemistry problem but they fixed it or something like that.They he suddenly denied it when LL fans tagged him in tweets about it and started liking their tweets about the amazing chamistry as well as some tweets that were rude about olicity fans.But yeah his opinion doesn't matter and the fact that the show had to totally change love stories and reduce Laurel's role speaks for itself about how great the chemistry was between Laurel and Oliver lol.

• Love 2

The one in the mansion? Please say the one in the mansion, bc I totally have a gif handy!

http://giphy.com/gifs/stephen-amell-katie-cassidy-laurel-lance-kIxZz3Is0F3Gg

Look at his hands, look at his hands! And the distance between them, leaving enough space for the Holy Ghost that a 1950s nun would be satisfied. I die laughing every time. 

His hands in the L/O love scene are funny too-- he tries to pick her up but his hands are both high on her back so she has to jump and hang onto him like a koala bear. While wearing dark socks and short shorts. It's such an awkward, unromantic visual I have no idea what they were thinking when they shot it.

Edited by lemotomato

His hands in the L/O love scene are funny too-- he tries to pick her up but his hands are both high on her back so she has to jump and hang onto him like a koala-bear. While wearing dark socks and short shorts. It's such an awkward, unromantic visual I have no idea what they were thinking when they shot it.

The clinging koala was terrible too, but for my money nothing beats the confused hands and the "God PLEASE do not let our fronts touch!!!!"

• Love 1

Can some one give a cliftsnote version of what he said and what the fans are saying and what not?

Cliffnotes: 

Fan said she had a conversation about SA and KC's chemistry. He acknowledged their was a problem and said that they fixed it by having them be friends instead.

Fan posted a short clip of her asked Rapport at the panel if they had a chemistry test. He said no.

She posted the video saying that he is confirming there was no chemistry test and she referenced their earlier conversation.

He responded that he said there was no chemistry test (which was on the video…..). SA and KC have amazing chemistry.

Fans blow it up and he started liking tweets about his words being twisted and fans lying.

I think he misunderstood her tweet as her saying that he said there was no chemistry at all, when all she was saying is that there wasn't a chemistry test. Her earlier tweets said that he agreed they lacked romantic chemistry, but work as friends. I saw a few people say they heard that conversation and back her up.

• Love 7

From the O/L kissing scenes it looks like their anti-chemistry was not just on screen. They looked uncomfortable around each other. SA brings EBR close to kiss her and I know everyone hated the lunge, but Caity and Stephen were also not afraid to let their pelvis' touch. 

• Love 4

SA did Hung and that short film Stay With Me, both had naked fairly graphic sex scenes. I don't think SA has a problem letting himself go. He also seemed perfectly fine with the other love interests on Arrow. I think it's KC. They just don't gel that way on screen.

• Love 13

SA did Hung and that short film Stay With Me, both had naked fairly graphic sex scenes. I don't think SA has a problem letting himself go. He also seemed perfectly fine with the other love interests on Arrow. I think it's KC. They just don't gel that way on screen.

She actually said she didn't feel comfortable doing love scenes with him bc he's married. 

And we've seen them in scenes in which their friendship is supposed to be happy and honest, and even then it doesn't work. It's just anti-chem.

• Love 2

He certainly doesn't seem to be able to do it around KC. They seem to great together off screen. 

I just think certain actors have different kinds of chemistry. IMO OQ and LL should have been enemies from the get go and stayed enemies.  That they could play well.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 7

He certainly doesn't seem to be able to do it around KC. They seem to great together off screen. 

If Katie's said she feels uncomfortable doing love scenes with him because of his off-screen relationship, would it be a hang-up for her, not him?

They're not doing LOVE SCENES offscreen.

I think SA is very uninterested in LL. I have no reason to think he has a problem with KC, but just like I think he has a bit of a crush on Felicity (NOT EBR), I think he just doesn't care for Laurel or her stories or that relationship. That shows onscreen.   

• Love 3

If Katie's said she feels uncomfortable doing love scenes with him because of his off-screen relationship, would it be a hang-up for her, not him?

It's also a ridiculous answer. That's not how actressin' works unless you plan on screening any potential job for you potential co-stars relationship status. I understand no actor wants to admit they have no on-screen chemistry with their co-star, but come on. 

• Love 6

It's also a ridiculous answer. That's not how actressin' works unless you plan on screening any potential job for you potential co-stars relationship status. I understand no actor wants to admit they have no on-screen chemistry with their co-star, but come on.

Oh, I agree. I just wasn't sure why the OP thought Stephen should fix things if Katie says she is uncomfortable with something about him that he can't change. Edited by apinknightmare

Oh, I agree. I just wasn't sure why the OP thought Stephen should fix things if Katie is uncomfortable with something about him that he can't change.

Very true, and my response was a bit more...acerbic than necessary. For some reason, that excuse just really bugs me. :/

And your own relationship status as well.

Katie has also said it isn't bad to kiss him so she doesn't seem that hung up over it. But I don't see him putting in any more effort into those scenes that make me think otherwise.

I don't think chemistry is something you put effort into or work at. You either have it or you don't tbh. KC and SA really don't have it. Most of the time I do think chemistry is subjective but on this occasion I really don't think it is.

KC said she was uncomfortable in S1 and then in between S3/S4 she likes kissing him.

She said she uncomfortable because he was married, but she had no problem riding Christopher Gor something on Harper Island. And that man was married with several kids.

She just sounds like she was trying to excuse the bad chemistry and then changed her tune to try and get the storyline back.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 10

I don't think chemistry is something you put effort into or work at. You either have it or you don't tbh. KC and SA really don't have it. Most of the time I do think chemistry is subjective but on this occasion I really don't think it is.

I can't think of any television or film couple ever that started out with anti-chemistry and moved it to chemistry at any time. I mean, Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman were no more convincing in Star Wars 3 than in 2.

Shoot, I try to think of others, and there are barely any other examples, because usually casting would have taken care of it before it made it to the public eye.  

I totally agree it's typically somewhat subjective, but in this case all the decisionmakers saw the anti-chemistry, as did pretty much all the professional reviewers. It's obvious, effectively acknowledged, kind of hilarious, and the absolute #1 reason that Oliver and Laurel will never ever ever be a couple again. 

• Love 2

Maybe they didn't cast based on any chemistry test because someone didn't think they needed one or something of that nature. You never know. They really made a mistake whoever didn't do one, or someone refusing. Maybe they were cast just based on previous work which I think is a no no. You can't cast someone based on previous work for a completely different show that they are going to be on. You can think they are good at what they do but you still have to test them out with others.

This show got lucky to have David Ramsey and Emily Bett along with Stephen. I really do truly believe that. You don't hear about many actors or actresses being talked so much about like Emily has been for example. Every time they positively mention her IMO that's another strike against the mistakes they made in the past with loliver, with the many women, etc.

• Love 2

This was Stephen's face when someone asked about the BMD stuff and why Oliver lied... He clearly either hated the question or hates the storyline. Based on his answer, I'd say the latter... I'm right there with you Stephen... Huh... That's the first time in a LONG time I said that

tumblr_o1hb3zgEPW1tvmjsko1_500.gif

• Love 15

I am so happy to read that Stephen didn't like the lying and it makes me wonder how awful the scene was in its original draft that he felt the need to try and fix it. I'm sure Stephen also really appreciated MG throwing him under the bus in the post episode interview as being involved in the whole thing.

I'm guessing now that MG was attempting to derail the backlash by implying that if SA was okay with the lying then the fans should be to. Didn't work for me, still hate it and consider it to be one of Oliver's lowest points.

• Love 5

David Rapaport is naturally going to defend his casting recommendations/choices. Also, he has always been a big fan of KC.  If you'll remember, in that 2015 Buzzfeed interview, Rapaport raved about KC and also revealed that SA, KC and CD were originally packaged together as a "tripod":

“She is so reliable, she’s so beautiful, she’s so talented, she’s kind of everything that you want in an actor on a CW show,” he said of Cassidy, who he later cast on Arrow. “I read a ton of actors and my process is I pre-read a bunch of actors to narrow down the field to bring to producers, but there’s a small group of actors I will bring in project after project; I know them, I trust them, I know they’re going to perform, and it’s just a matter of finding them the right role. Katie is one of those people. She always brings something really interesting to the table; she’s fun to watch. She’s kind of electric. You can’t quite put your finger on it, but when she’s on screen, something magical happens and you can’t take your eyes off of her. And my dad really likes her.”
The Vampire Diaries was on the air already, so we were sold as a three-hander between Stephen [Amell], Katie Cassidy, and Colin Donnell — a tripod if you will...."
Edited by tv echo

Stephen Amell Plays Piano & Sings ‘Frozen’ Song During Storm Jonas [CLOSER VIEW]
Published on Jan 24, 2016, by FAKOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LQCrd85Rc4

Heroes & Villains Fan Fest Stephen Amell | John Barrowman | Robbie Amell | Katrina Law
Published on Jan 24, 2016, by Arrow TV12

Here is our #SnowAngel John Barrowman Stephen Amell Robbie Amell Katrina Law Heroes & Villains
Published on Jan 24, 2016, by Arrow TV12

Stephen Amell autograph line @heroes&villains fan fest in NJ 1/24/16
Published on Jan 24, 2016, by amellfan

Stephen Amell pushes a car out of the snow
Published on Jan 24, 2016, by Kyle Leslie

Heroes and Villans fan fest Arrow Team Newyork 2016 [sTILL PICS, NOT VIDEO]

Published on Jan 24, 2016, by prince mojo

• Love 2

Personally, I had no problem with his tweet beyond the fact that he didn't read the original one well enough (I said there was no chemistry - yes we know it's on the video. I'll just laugh at the amazing chemistry part). I had a problem with his liking spree. That was a poor choice. All fans, both sides can twist words. Never take one over the other.

I'm sure he will learn.

This was Stephen's face when someone asked about the BMD stuff and why Oliver lied... He clearly either hated the question or hates the storyline. Based on his answer, I'd say the latter... I'm right there with you Stephen... Huh... That's the first time in a LONG time I said that

tumblr_o1hb3zgEPW1tvmjsko1_500.gif

Just for fun, at the next Con someone needs to ask him about Ray, Laurel and lying to Felicity. I think his face might fall off.

• Love 2

At HVFF/NY this weekend, SA said that he wanted Deathstroke back on the show...

"Manu is a character, and Manu played a great character," Stephen Amell said during a panel at the Heroes and Villains Fan Fest in New Jersey this weekend. "And I really honest think that Arrow has been missing something since he hasn't been around. I really do. He was a transformative villain. I would really love it if Deathstroke could keep being a part of the Arrow universe."

http://comicbook.com/2016/01/25/stephen-amell-wants-deathstroke-to-return-to-arrow/

• Love 1

I agree with him about Slade, though I don't think he would have been half as good if it was portrayed by someone other than MB. He was just SO good in that role. I thought NM was coming close to being a good villain this season but the longer it goes on the more bored I become by the repetitiveness of the whole storyline. He's good though but MB is the one to beat.