Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I'd love if they opened the show with Oliver goofing around with a bunch of kids including lil' Batman.  Bruce Wayne is never going to be in this universe so the little nod would be perfect.

Haha, that would be cute actually. I wonder as he's wearing his green hoodie (I knew that would happen!) this would be the scene where he's running home to Felicity and he maybe encounters some kids on the way. Maybe he helps them? I could see that happening.

Edited by Guest
(edited)

Other Arrow-related tweets from AC (Anarky) and EK (Mr. Terrific)...

https://twitter.com/echok

Echo Kellum ‏@EchoK  Jul 17
Echo Kellum retweeted Entertainment Weekly
Every since I was a young Blerd, I've always dreamed of playing a super hero. Let's go Mr. Terrific!! @DCComics
Echo Kellum ‏@EchoK  Jul 17
Special thank you to @RapaportCasting @GBerlanti @mguggenheim @AJKreisberg @CW_Arrow and all the fans! I won't let Star city down! #letsgo

https://twitter.com/Alex8Calvert

Alexander Calvert ‏@Alex8Calvert  Jul 17
I'm overwhelmed and thrilled with the support for Anarky from the #arrow fans. thank you @RapaportCasting @ARROWwriters @CW_Arrow x
Edited by tv echo
(edited)

There was a brief, shining moment during the FBs in S2, when it was a good length and was also wet/dirty most of the time and it looked good sometimes. I miss those days.

Now he looks like he got in a fight with a Flowbee and lost. And like he really needs to lay off the root lifter.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 7

I know he's teasing about shippers, but I couldn't make out what he was saying before this part, haha.

I think it was less him teasing about shippers and more him mocking himself for having been a bit spacey and slow when answering the previous question.  I think this probably came right after he answered the question about the passion the shippers have for Olicity, and his answer had had some long pauses in it as he searched unsuccessfully for an alternative way of saying that people are passionate about it.  So I think he was then mocking his own inarticulateness by saying "Do I need like an injection...?" (mimicks an injection, then acts all amped) "Oh my God, I love it so much.  Olicity just rules for me!"  Meanwhile, Barrowman was miming giving him an electric shock to wake him up and David offered him his coffee.

• Love 3
(edited)

Periscope with Katie and Emily.

Edited by rainydawn
(edited)

I thought the first one was fine, it even made me laugh with Emily's "Peer Pressure" comment to KC. That last one though. Damn. Pretty sure KC is that friend who should get their phone taken away when they get drunk. Also saying 'chill the fuck out' when your friend doesn't want to be filmed is gross. 

Hey guy it took me forever to realize was on Veronica Mars!

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 3

I thought the first one was fine, it even made me laugh with Emily's "Peer Pressure" comment to KC. That last one though. Damn. Pretty sure KC is that friend who should get their phone taken away when they get drunk. Also saying 'chill the fuck out' when your friend doesn't want to be filmed is gross. 

Hey guy it took me forever to realize was on Veronica Mars!

Yeah, the first one was fine - the others, not so much. 

Fanta has a periscope up that was going on the same time as KC's. She keeps it mostly off Emily, but when she does show her Emily is saying no a few times and hiding her face. Fanta even asks her if she is mad. At the end of the video, Fanta says that Emily hates periscope so she is going to turn it off to talk to her. 

I hope I never see Emily on another one of these. 

KC uses periscope like its a selfie. That made me laugh. Pretty sure girl was trashed.

Well that was...awkward. I keep thinking that one day celebrities will learn that engaging on social media platforms while drunk isn't the smartest idea.

Periscope can be especially dangerous, since it's live and unlike regular videos you post, there's no lag time for second guessing what you're doing (or having someone sober step in and take your phone away) - it's just all out there. 

(edited)

Apparently SA did a short #AskAmell on twitter yesterday...

- Asked for his fave actor, he said "I love me some @EdwardNorton -- "
- Asked for his celebrity crush, he said "I married mine."
- Asked what episode they're working on, he said "401. It's the most ambitious production schedule we've ever had on an episode."
- Asked how excited he was to find out that James Bamford was directing an episode, he said "More excited than when I saw the new suit. And I LOVE the new suit."
- Asked if he was jealous of RA being on The X-Files revival, he said "You don't get jealous of family. You celebrate them."
- Filming TMNT2 "was an absolutely transformative professional experience. Think the movie is going to be excellent."
- Asked about a Marvel/DC crossover with him as GA and RR as Deadpool, he said "#GreenArrowApproved".
- Asked if RA has ever tried on his GA suit, he said "It'd be way, way, WAY too big for him."
- Asked to describe the scene he was shooting tonight, he said "Two words: Choo-choo!!!"
- Asked for his fave moment from SDCC this year, SA posted this link: https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/photos/a.147252908693318.37696.146921975393078/890044631080805/?type=1&permPage=1
- Between Beatles and Rolling Stones, he chose "Beatles. By a mile."
- Asked for his fave accomplishment this year, he said "Still several months to go."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Well, that pull-up gif came from this longer video posted by SA on his facebook page (apparently, it's a "muscle up" and not a pull up)...

Stephen Amell
21 hrs · Edited ·
My muscle up game used to be strong. Haven't attempted one in some time. Started working with Thomas at InFighting Training Centers Burnaby. This is The Muscle Up Challenge: Attempt #1 --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPafLRvqYmk

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

SA put this video on his facebook page so I had posted it in the Behind the Mask thread, but it should have gone here (since it qualifies as a workout)...

Stephen Amell This is The Muscle Up Challenge: Attempt #1 --
Published on Jul 21, 2015, by Arrow TV12

Same goes for this video of WH shooting a bow & arrow (which she posted on her twitter page)...

Willa Holland the only appropriate music setting for nailing a bullseye
Published on Jul 17, 2015, by Arrow TV12

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

JB is joining SA, CL and RA at Heroes & Villains Fan Fest on November 21-22 in San Jose.
http://heroesfanfest.com/

Heroes & Villains ‏@heroesfanfest  17h17 hours ago
GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT – John Barrowman / @team_barrowman (Malcolm Merlyn, Arrow) will be joining us for #HeroesFanFest!
CKe8FgCWwAACjuw.png
Heroes & Villains ‏@heroesfanfest  Jul 20
We'd love to see @EmilyBett @david_ramsey and @ColtonLHaynes too! These appear to be the most popular suggestions tonight!

https://twitter.com/heroesfanfest

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

In a recent WWE interview, Adam "Edge" Copeland, who has been cast as the Atom-Smasher on The Flash S2, took a shot at SA/Arrow by saying: 

Well, Flash and The Arrow are in the same DC Comics Universe, so I may battle Stephen Amell on the CW and we all know that a Spear is more powerful than an arrow. Then again, I've never wrestled Stardust, but I did compete against Cody Rhodes so I think I'd actually have to be ringside to make my pick.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/edge-atom-smasher-cw-the-flash-exclusive-interview

Naturally, SA responded via twitter...

Stephen Amell ‏@amellywood  Jul 17
Hey @EdgeRatedR -- Hypothetically, if a match were to happen, you wanna back the Toronto boy.

https://twitter.com/amellywood/status/622202095328821248

Edited by tv echo

Or maybe he's just really enjoying playing a happier Oliver.  Also, the first episode sounds really action-packed and Bamford is directing a later episode, so that trend may continue, and we all know the pride that Stephen takes in doing his own stunts.

I don't know that I really see much of a difference between how excited he was last summer hiatus (or at the beginning of the season) compared to now. I think his enthusiasm waned or became more sporadic over the course of the season, not necessarily because he was dissatisfied with the show but just out of fatigue. I do think he's probably going to have a lot more fun this season, so I'm happy for him (and for me, for all of us).

• Love 4

S2 is his favourite which has more focus on Original Team Arrow, Oliver and Felicity on good terms and Sara. Maybe that's a sign we are seeing similar things?

I'm honestly sure that acting out season three was just as depressing as watching. That's probably his complete turn around to green arrowy ideas. He's probably all "jokes!? I get jokes. Let's do that. "

• Love 1

S2 is his favourite which has more focus on Original Team Arrow, Oliver and Felicity on good terms and Sara. Maybe that's a sign we are seeing similar things?

DON'T GET MY HOPES UP! 

I don't know that I really see much of a difference between how excited he was last summer hiatus (or at the beginning of the season) compared to now. I think his enthusiasm waned or became more sporadic over the course of the season, not necessarily because he was dissatisfied with the show but just out of fatigue. I do think he's probably going to have a lot more fun this season, so I'm happy for him (and for me, for all of us).

This. I thought he was pretty excited at SDCC last year, before the season started. Aside from Sara dying, I got the impression he was really happy with the goal of s3, that is Oliver and Felicity together by the end of the season and a movement towards a happier Oliver, but I don't think he liked the execution of it. I definitely sensed his enthusiasm waning as the season progressed. 

I think everyone will be happier this year. I got the sense that s3 exhausted everyone because it was so depressing.

Those periscope videos were embarrassing but what is more embarrassing is the attitude of some of Katie's fans on tumblr who are justifying her behaviour saying it was all done in jest. When a person says no, it means no - whether a person is saying no to being filmed on periscope or anything else.

Rape apologists also think 'No' means something else.

(edited)

Rape apologists also think 'No' means something else.

I think you took this ten steps too far. Let's not compare them both please. 

That being said, yeah it was awkward, KC shouldn't have done that and periscope shouldn't be for the drunk. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 5
(edited)

I stand by what I wrote, you start making concessions for small things and then it explodes in your face.

I am not saying what Katie did was criminal or severe like rape. Rape is a crime and periscoping without permission is not - at least not that I know of but it was hella invasive. And she did tell Emily to "chill the fuck out" when she said no. All I am saying is that one should respect the word "No" when it is said, period.

Edited by TanyaKay
  • Love 2