Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I'm cool with EBR addressing the negative reception to her arc this year, I'm cool with interviewers addressing it, but that was not professional. That set that up as click-bait. They even titled it - Who doesn't love EBR?

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 4

Oh wow. Yeah. There were many better ways she could have framed that question. And it's not like EBR is actually responsible for writing Felicity's character development?

And HI. I adore Felicity with all my heart, and I also had trouble with her storyline this season. The way they chose to go with her story is one of the things that ruined the season for me, even. But "some fans think Felicity ruined the show" is reductive and offensive in a whole different level. Gah.

• Love 10

I think EBR has come off really well in all her interviews this year. Last year she was a bit off, but she seems to very aware of Felicity and what she wants for Felicity. I'm really glad that she's reiterated so often that Felicity's love life isn't the be all and end all of her character, especially as her story lines in season 3 were (IMO) not really about her *cough* still bitter about Ray *cough*. 

I don't mind that she's been asked about criticisms to her character, mostly because she seems to have a way of being able to acknowledge those criticisms, decide whether they're valid or not, and then talk about the future, which I think is a really good skill. What I mean by that is that she has different responses to stuff like Felicity being upset, or the relationships that she's had over stuff like Felicity not being a hero. 

But there's a point I think that that interview crossed. I think discussing stuff like storyline or fan reception is fine, but talking about specific responses such as 'Felicity ruined the show' isn't very fair, particularly because this is just a carpet interview rather than a formal one where she would have known whether or not to expect it and be prepared for it. 

But even so, I think that she did deal with the interviewer well. 

• Love 14

I think this could be an answer to that board without KC. Unless the pic was cropped.

CJ0hwNdVAAAtxXb.jpg

Nice looking picture--except for SA's goofy, juvenile backwards baseball cap! I wouldn't have minded his grey t-shirt, but not with that cap. I think PB looks nice in his button-down, and DR shows how to dress comfortably for an event like SDCC without looking like he wandered in on his way to the fridge for another brewsky.

It's amazing how dressed down guys can get away with being, especially at events for which the ladies bring the fashion. SA is either sporting a baseball cap or beanie, depending on the season, and he's often too casual for the occasion unless he has to wear a suit. Even then, his forgoing of socks with his dress shoes manages to render his look less formal.

• Love 1

He hinted at make up sex. She mentioned make up sex at Comic Con.

Coincidence? I hope not.

This. I realize Arrow is not TVD, but along with the kickass action scenes I better be getting some sexytimes every now and then. It's the least they can do to make up for the shitfest that was S3.

• Love 13

Nice looking picture--except for SA's goofy, juvenile backwards baseball cap! I wouldn't have minded his grey t-shirt, but not with that cap. I think PB looks nice in his button-down, and DR shows how to dress comfortably for an event like SDCC without looking like he wandered in on his way to the fridge for another brewsky.

It's amazing how dressed down guys can get away with being, especially at events for which the ladies bring the fashion. SA is either sporting a baseball cap or beanie, depending on the season, and he's often too casual for the occasion unless he has to wear a suit. Even then, his forgoing of socks with his dress shoes manages to render his look less formal.

I really want to see a cast flip this. Jeans, t-shirts and sneakers for the woman and all the guys in suits. I'm thinking the AOS cast would be up for it.

• Love 5

This. I realize Arrow is not TVD, but along with the kickass action scenes I better be getting some sexytimes every now and then. It's the least they can do to make up for the shitfest that was S3.

Damn right, because I need one I can actually WATCH.

I am in love with this angle of Emilys black leather dress.

CJ0X_HeWgAApTHV.jpg

Man oh man I love that angle too work it EBR with your sexy gorgeous self. SLAYING IT. Did I mention before how hot she is! Her personality her arms her legs her ass LOL

Is there a height limitation for women employed on Arrow or something? Because Wendy Mericle appears to be even shorter than Emily and Willa - I mean I know they were both wearing skyscraper heels at that point but even so, she looks teeny.

That E Online interview is 100 kinds of adorable. I did laugh when Stephen brought up them winning MTV"s award. Competing networks, dude. KDS glossed right over that. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Willa has a new outfit. I'm sure Thea would always be thinking of ways to improve it especially once she has to actually be out in the field with it. I read a cute fic today where Felicity had kept Oliver's original coat after Cisco upgraded. That's my new headcanon. Or, that Lance isn't a total dick and gave Felicity the one that was seized for posterity. 

• Love 3

TvFanatic deleted the Emily interview.

Interesting. They had also closed the youtube comments for a little bit earlier and then re-opened them. 

Someone said that their interview (by the same "reporter") of SA was lackluster too, but I don't want to give them the benefit of a pageview to find out.

Interesting. They had also closed the youtube comments for a little bit earlier and then re-opened them. 

Someone said that their interview (by the same "reporter") of SA was lackluster too, but I don't want to give them the benefit of a pageview to find out.

I watched the interview with SA and it was bad too.She didn't insult him like she did Emily but she seemed really bored and disinterested.

Someone said she was the same one that did the interview with Stephen last year and made the comment about believing Oliver still loved Laurel? I don't know if its true, but it would explain why she was colder to Stephen too. I guess.

Ugh. That whole thing. Ugh.

(edited)

Someone said she was the same one that did the interview with Stephen last year and made the comment about believing Oliver still loved Laurel? I don't know if its true, but it would explain why she was colder to Stephen too. I guess.

Ugh. That whole thing. Ugh.

No, that was just speculation. The Oliver still loved Laurel comment was from an ET interviewer. This one is a managing editor at TV Fanatic. She's written a lot of pro-Laurel/anti-Felicity articles for the site. (She opined that the best season 3 episode was "Canaries" and the worst was "My Name is Oliver Queen", to give you some perspective of her POV)

I'm irritated they're going to get away with being unprofessional by just deleting the interview, though.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 6

People are still tweeting her and the site asking for an apology so we'll see what happens.Honestly its gross how she used the fact that Emily is so nice and new at this to say stuff like that to her.I'd like to see her try that on SA or JB.She hates Oliver too,someone said she tweeted that the show should be about Ray or something like that.

• Love 1

I'm surprised they'd let someone so outright rude talk to the actors.. TV fanatic isn't exactly a small site and they do get invited to the set during the season to do interviews. Hopefully not this woman, though.

(edited)

She hates Oliver too,someone said she tweeted that the show should be about Ray or something like that.

Oh JFC, FML.

What's this insane woman's twitter handle?

Edited by AyChihuahua

Delurking for the first time. I was at SDCC this year and DC had a great con. The Arrow people seemed happy when I met them and got my poster signed. 

It kind of sucks that an interviewer brought their prejudice into an interview. I don't think I've ever seen that before but like, really, it's a problem with these TV bloggers. They're not pros. I'm not surprised they took it down because Rickards' fans went after that woman hardcore. My boyfriend saw it first and we're having a slow day today at the shop, so we popped popcorn and followed the tweets. Effing funny. I'm not an olicity shipper, I guess I don't care if it happens or not, but I like Felicity and the actress and I think she might have messed with the wrong fan group hahaha. They seem to be fricken organized, those fans 

• Love 11

Glad you had a good time birdsofprey! You're exactly right - these bloggers aren't necessarily journalists. Anyone nowadays can create journalism, but it doesn't make them journalists. There's a difference. It baffles me, though, that a person who covers TV would be outright rude to any of the actors they cover. That's just bad PR and guarantees other actors will skip you to avoid the same potential treatment. 

• Love 1

Glad you had a good time birdsofprey! You're exactly right - these bloggers aren't necessarily journalists. Anyone nowadays can create journalism, but it doesn't make them journalists. There's a difference. It baffles me, though, that a person who covers TV would be outright rude to any of the actors they cover. That's just bad PR and guarantees other actors will skip you to avoid the same potential treatment. 

Thanks! It was only my second SDCC even though I live in LA. There was a lot going on as usual. Yeah I saw the interview before she took it down and my bf and I agree she was damn rude for no reason. Like, we both criticized Felicity's story some this season but it's not the actress fault the whole seaason was bad. Telling an actress that fans say she ruined the whole show, wow. I've never seen that and it's not true. It sounds like shipper crap to me. Like I said the fans went after her and they're still going after her and copying everyone, the network and the producers. They should apologize but I don't know if they will. Maybe that reporter won't be invited to talk to the cast again. That might be best because it's not the kind of interview fans want to see 

• Love 5

I don't even understand the point in saying things like that to an actor (not that I've ever heard a journalist dare say anything like that). What did she expect EBR to say? "Yes! You're so right! Felicity sucks and ruined the show! They should just kill her off even though we just won all these awards for Olicity and the ratings actually increased!"

• Love 6

She could have at least shot for accuracy and said it like "the seventeen folks who hate Felicity that gather in my comment sections because my site made an editorial choice to be anti-Felicity for clickbait think she ruined the show". Alas.

• Love 19
(edited)

She could have at least shot for accuracy and said it like "the seventeen folks who hate Felicity that gather in my comment sections because my site made an editorial choice to be anti-Felicity for clickbait think she ruined the show". Alas.

OK, I'm not going crazy then in noticing that TV Fanatic seemed to have made a conscious editorial choice to go the other way. Because I used to visit that site a lot during the early parts of the second season and most writers there seemed to love Felicity and Olicity. Even this particular blogger (it's Carissa Pavlica, right?). I don't know what happened but it was an abrupt 180-degree turn and suddenly the folks on the roundtables were hating on Felicity and Olicity without really providing reasons and just repeating the "she's whiny, she's always crying" and "it's taking over the show" complaint. 

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 2

A few of those fans have joined in now to defend the interviewer and the site. I shouldn't laugh but my bf sent out a few tweets too in the interest of feminism lmao. maybe he's a closet fanboy shipper cuz I think he's having too much fun rn hahaha. I'm still being lazy and just following the uproar. Like I'll say this, and it's that Rickards handled it well. She's young too I forget she's not much older than me. It must be awful dealing with that so maybe I will send a few tweets 

All the other interviews I saw seemed to go ok. I feel sorry that Katie is dealing with comparisons again but since I also like Caity I can't be sorry Sara is back. I'm not so crazy about Ray but I'm looking forward to Legends anyway. Thanks to you guys for putting up links for interviews bc it makes it easier to find everything. I used to look for them at imdb but that site was so awful to the female characters that I left after just a couple of months or so. 

• Love 2

I'm not so crazy about Ray but I'm looking forward to Legends anyway.

I hate Ray Palmer with a loathing both deep and pure. Love Sara and Victor Garber (did everyone see SA's story about VG basically saying WTF am I doing here for LoT? HILARIOUS). Think the cold guy is overrated and the heat guy (not Firestorm) is a douche, but otherwise would watch that show if not for how much I hate Ray Palmer.

IMDB comment boards are crazy and crazy misogynistic. Avoid at all costs.

• Love 3

A few of those fans have joined in now to defend the interviewer and the site.

I saw one of them deleted her tweets defending the interviewer when people asked her to show an interview where KC was asked a similar question. They backed down real quick.

Yeah. One imdb poster felt the need to instruct me on my own ethnic background because he didn't think there were any POC who were Spanish after I said something about my dad being white and my mom a WOC and that sometimes being of two worlds can be more difficult than being one or the other. smh. It came up when I said I wish Arrow/Flash etc would add more WOC in superhero roles. I'm excited about Hawkgirl, for example. Marvel represents better than DC 

One thing I'm really glad to see come out of these interviews is that Digg is finally going to get a story bc he was criminally underused last season. And lmao at the panel when he said he was Black Driver hahaha. He's funny 

I saw one of them deleted her tweets defending the interviewer when people asked her to show an interview where KC was asked a similar question. They backed down real quick.

I think I saw people tweeting her back, if it's the one I saw. Not surprised, wanted to yell 'Run Black Canary run' when i saw her tweets haha. She was asking for trouble. And I watched all of Katie's interviews I think I'd remember if someone said something horrible to her. I don't remember anything rude at all, not like this one. Most of the comparisons seem like they came up in other interviews maybe with Caity 

• Love 1

I have a friend who is a big comic reader and we were discussing Arrow. I mentioned thinking about checking out IMDb and redit and he told me if I wanted to preserve any faith I had in humanity, to stay out of those sites.

That whole Felicity/Oliver/Diggle scene when Felicity was going off on Oliver and Diggle tossed in some shade with black driver was one of my favourites.

I wish someone had asked what Diggle/Thea/Laurels reaction would be to this new Oliver Queen.

• Love 2