Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)
ArrowWritersRoom @ARROWwriters  ·  13h 13 hours ago

BIG WINNER! @Smallville617 for the best Slade impression we've ever seen!

Pat Crowley @Smallville617

#Arrow100KGiveaway @ARROWwriters @manubennett #Olivah #Shadow #SladeWiwlson

https://twitter.com/ARROWwriters/status/595376505141637120

Here's the winning entry video from Smallville617:

https://twitter.com/Smallville617/status/593213862335410176

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

I've seen Personal Reasons and Filming commitments as the main two cancellations reasons. 

KC's still going to Wizard World in Philly this weekend, with a panel. I do look forward to what she says about her the show and her character. 

Edited by Sakura12
(edited)

Who is going to be on the panel with her?

She's doing one by herself. Which is for the best. I just can't wait to hear her thoughts on this season or how she interpreted her arc. It's always nothing I ever saw or got from her portrayal. 

I'm more shocked that she's actually still attending. This is the first one this year that she's not canceled on. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1
(edited)

OK - found the program page... Currently, they're only listing KC and SA as solo panels on Saturday:

SATURDAY, MAY 9TH
1:30 – 2:15PM INSIDE STARLING CITY WITH KATIE CASSIDY (ROOM 113)
Starling City can feel a little bit safer with Katie Cassidy (Laurel Lance) around to help protect its citizens. Join the star of the hit CW show, Arrow, as she discuss her part on the hit show, share a detail or two about the upcoming season, her exciting roles outside of Arrow & much more!
3:30 – 4:15PM PROTECTING STARLING CITY WITH STEPHEN AMELL (TERRACE BALLROOM)

http://www.wizardworld.com/programming-philadelphia.html

Their Wizard World guest bios are also interesting...

Stephen Amell - http://www.wizardworld.com/stamolquajow.html

Katie Cassidy - http://www.wizardworld.com/kacalalaajow.html

P.S.  The Sunday schedule includes the following entry:  

"12:00 – 12:45PM AS YOOOU WIIISH WITH CARY ELWES (ROOM 113)"

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Oh they moved it to Saturday. Last time i checked Stephens was on Sunday.

Either Stephen's got rescheduled to Saturday or he added a Saturday panel, but KC's is still separate.

Edited by apinknightmare
(edited)

Well shoot!  I was looking forward to gems like "What's it like to work with Katie as BC?"  Well, she looks fantastic in her costume, and that's really half the battle.  We have fantastic costume designers on this show, blah, blah, blah.  AWKWARD.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 3
(edited)

I loved that interview, Stephen with his hat pulled over his face, his head down and arms crossed. Clear signs of this is uncomfortable and I don't want to be here. Which was too bad I love his unscripted reactions to people that think Oliver and Laurel are a great couple. 

Edited by Sakura12

I have the worse second hand embrassement so I would prefer SA and KC never do panels or joint interviews again.

IIRC that interview was odd. I can't remember if he kept that posture during the whole interview or not, I know he did while KC was speaking alot and I thought that was mostly due to KC raving about her storyline and thought that may have made SA uncomfortable given that they had recently filmed Sara's death. The only thing that really stuck me as horrible was the ill-timed joke about Oliver getting a lot of ass. He was so uncomfortable.

I also don't want SA to try and see the show from how KC presents it. It would be really awkward.

• Love 4

For an actor, he really is terribly bad at masking his true feelings.  I'm forever laughing at his facial expressions when asked about "Raylicity," or even SA's face in that BR butter coffee photo on BR's twitter page.  Everything is written all. over. his. face.

• Love 6

My favorite reaction was when an interviewer said something about Oliver and Laurel being true love or something. His face looked like she told him that world had just ended. It went from this :) to this 0_0. 

• Love 4

My favorite reaction was when an interviewer said something about Oliver and Laurel being true love or something. His face looked like she told him that world had just ended. It went from this :) to this 0_0. 

Do you mean this one ;)

J70YtyP.gif

• Love 22

Bahaha. It's actually a bit insulting to him as an actor though, when you think about it. All season he's been portraying Oliver as completely in love with Felicity and then this interviewer comes along and says 'well, no, I think he's in love with Laurel still.' RUDE. LOL.

Bahaha. It's actually a bit insulting to him as an actor though, when you think about it. All season he's been portraying Oliver as completely in love with Felicity and then this interviewer comes along and says 'well, no, I think he's in love with Laurel still.' RUDE. LOL.

Haha, I was just thinking this exact thing.

• Love 1

I would add the 'You've Got To Be Kidding Me' look when the interviewer asked about his thoughts on Ray and Felicity. And his comment about how the writers have managed to make some chemistry there. KC had the same response to a question about Olicity. Yes its the writers. Its not natural. Its the writers.

• Love 1

I think it does say it a lot about him as an actor...

(edited)

How could it possibly? Oliver and Laurel had about two nice scenes this season. The rest of their scenes have involved them yelling at each other or generally being nasty, which is hardly the stuff that OTPs are made of, unless you're a because comics! person, I guess. 

Even if this person doesn't believe Oliver's in love with Felicity, there's been absolutely nothing at all to show he's still in love with Laurel. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

How could it possibly? Oliver and Laurel had about two nice scenes this season. The rest of their scenes have involved them yelling at each other or generally being nasty, which is hardly the stuff that OTPs are made of, unless you're a because comics! person, I guess. 

Even if this person doesn't believe Oliver's in love with Felicity, there's been absolutely nothing at all to show he's still in love with Laurel.

Oh I've never believed he's in love with either of them.

In what way? Because, personally, this is the first time I've believed Oliver is genuinely in love with someone this season. 

I don't know if the interviewer had a personal opinion or not, but the way the comment came up made me think she was looking for a reaction out of him. Otherwise, why not say "What about Laurel? How is their relationship given their history?" Instead it was "Oliver loves Felicity. Well I think he loves Laurel." Weird.

I don't think that was the reaction she was expecting tho. She seemed taken back and it got awkward.

I think the interviewer had all the ship questions on her list that she just had to tick. She first gushed over Olicity, then brought Loliver and ended with Ray & Felicity. What made this run of the mill interview a gem is Stephen's reaction to all of it.

Added bonus was the fact that he refused to acknowledge having worked with KC as BC and then talked about the dress designer for next 90 seconds. In that interview, Stephen Amell was the gift that kept on giving. I laughed so much.

• Love 15
(edited)

I still don't understand why he kept saying he hadn't worked with KC as Black Canary when at the time of the interview they were already shooting The Return, IIRC.

Edited by looptab

IIRC, he was also still saying Oliver was dead so not admitting to working with KC as BC is no biggie to me. Spending a min and a half talking about the costumes instead of pimping the BC episodes is a little more telling.

• Love 1

Maybe he didn't want to talk about KC as BC because he wasn't happy with how that came about. He never had any issues talking about CL as BC, he proudly talked about her and what she brought the character. 

I don't like SA's opinions on women at any time. Anyone who describes a woman as an "overtly sexualised velociraptor" (don't care who the woman was) isn't exactly going to talk up independent women.

• Love 1
Their Wizard World guest bios are also interesting...

Stephen Amell - http://www.wizardworld.com/stamolquajow.html

Katie Cassidy - http://www.wizardworld.com/kacalalaajow.html

I love the contrast. His is so succinct.  I didn't know he won a Gemini (Canadian Emmy) for his role in Regensis.

That reaction is so funny.  LIke "What's the point, if that's the takeaway from this season?"