Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Deadly Harvest

Jane and Maura are called to the BCU "Body Farm" -- an academic research facility dedicated to the study of human decomposition -- when a murder victim is found buried in a shallow grave among the research corpses. Angela also has secrets she is keeping buried from Jane.

Angela getting upset about someone sticking their nose into her business ... that's rich.

They've quit bothering to give reasons for Jane to be at Maura's, haven't they?  It really stands out in the morning scenes.

During both airings tonight, my cat interrupted me so that I missed how the killer got on their radar in the first place -- what was his story?

• Love 1

The professor guy didn't hand over the list right away, so they thought it was him. He had an alibi, and off screen the new lady (sorry I can't remember her name) she had been checking the list and the guy that delivered water to the body farm also delivered to wherever it was that the lady victim worked.

And didn't every viewer yell at the screen to check the sociopath's parents' house...

I know I did.  I couldn't believe that wasn't the first thing they thought of...makes them look kind of dumb.

• Love 1

Happy to see Susie in so many scenes.... and  no sign of the new odd guy.

It is really odd that Jane is there every single morning.  How many people do you know that go over to a co-workers house for breakfast on work days? How convenient that call outs to murders never happen before breakfast.  For that matter, why is Angela still there now that she has a steady job?  Where is the tortoise? 

• Love 2
(edited)

...Where is the tortoise?

Making baby tortoises with Joan and Sherlock's tortoise, Clyde, while Elementary is on hiatus? Or does the same tortoise work for both shows and he needed a break? Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

As stupid as it was, Jane being at Maura's in the morning was not the most ridiculous thing in that scene. Really show, Maura puts on her eye makeup using a compact in the kitchen? Maura? Not only is that bullshit for the character but that is not even normal human behavior. The only way I can give them a pass on it is if she was getting ready when Jane got there so she just took it out with her. It would still make more sense for her best friend to just come in the bathroom until she finished or chill for two minutes on her own but whatever. It's not like Jane is uncomfortable in Maura's house.

I was fine with the case until it took the Criminal Minds turn. That was just a layer too much that it didn't need and this show can't hold up. Recognize your tone, show.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I think this ep could have actually used more Angela. The conflict between her and Jane this ep was actually a real thing. Once children grow up, there can be a switch in roles to varying degrees. By skimming over and dismissing it, I think they wasted an opportunity for Angela and Jane to have some decent scenes. They should have stuck to a twisted ankle instead of saying sprain though. You don't walk off a sprain in a few hours.

I missed the new guy and I loved all the Nina we got. She has a great vibe with Frankie. Susie is always great though I'm glad that character has been kept in moderation. A little bit of Susie is great as well as plenty. Maura's joy over the body farm was both cute and disturbing. Her outfit was flawless though. And finally, I really enjoyed the stupid humor in this ep, excluding the randomness with the lobster. It wasn't juvenile so much as it was stupid and that is a hard line to find.

• Love 3

Didn't Bones have a plot like this?

I do remember some show having an episode set at the Body Farm, and Bones does have the right vibe for my memory. Of course, it really is a natural for shows revolving around murder and set on the east coast. I've never toured the east coast, so I have no idea where the Body Farm is as it relates to Boston and DC. My memory of Patricia Corwell's book about it is pretty dim, so I only remember the gross out details.

Too much Criminal Minds for me. And didn't every viewer yell at the screen to check the sociopath's parents' house about 4 lines from 4 characters before the show did?

Yes. It was pretty aggravating. Dumbing down explanations for an audience is one thing (and I don't like that either), but dumbing down your supposedly competent characters is the worst.

• Love 2

Remind me to never donate my body to science.

It made me so mad when Jane told her mother she couldn't go ice skating!

I have never seen Criminal Minds, so what is the deal with it?

I immediately realized the parents' house was the crime scene, too. My sister suggests that a good Who-done-it has the viewer or reader figure it out a split second before the detective, but that was ridiculous. It was beyond obvious.

It was a nice scene between Jane and her mom at the end.

• Love 1

I was bored with this episode too. Part of me wants to say, go ahead, be serious. Create a new serial killer on the loose, have him target someone on the squad and have Jane in turmoil about her past/Hoyt until she catches the person. But then I remember how poorly the shift from the comedy to more serious topics has gone, and I just want to watch season one and pretend the show got cancelled.

• Love 2

Lorraine Bracco looks nice with her hair up like it was in the bar scene.  Apparently I'm over-focused on how Lorraine Bracco looks today.

Meanwhile, a lobster looks like Frankie. Suzy is adorably weird.

This was a better ep than the last one. That was the best Angela stuff we've had in ages, in that last scene with her.  I agree the show went a bit Criminal Minds (especially in the opening) which is not its tone, but it's fine for one ep I think. They are still leaning hard on the shippers though - it's mean!

• Love 1

The original body farm is in Tennessee, if I remember correctly.  I know there is now one in San Marcos, Texas, so it's not a stretch to believe other colleges have one too. 

I felt the Criminal Minds vibe too.  Creepy guy and female victim is pretty much their stock in trade.

• Love 1