Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

Just now, ProudMary said:

Ugh, those puffy pink sleeves on Susan Kalechi Watson's gown.  How could you be looking a several dresses and think, "Ooh, this is the one!" ???

It kind of reminds me of that horrible pink dress from Pretty In Pink!

• Love 2

Melinda Taub. Remember what I said about committing to bold choices? Yeah. I'm a liar. This is like the dress the goth best friend wears to prom at the end of the movie. It doesn't help that it looks very wrinkly.

So. Many. Navy. Blue. Suits.

I appreciate Ashley Nicole Black's styling with her accessories and the fact that she actually looks happy to be there but that dress looks like something she sewed herself. Not in a good way. Designers really need to step up for the plus size girls. This is not acceptable.

Nicole Silverberg's dress is not terrible. It's not great either. But it really doesn't flatter her shape. Which makes it a bad choice.

Alison Camillo did find a mother of the bride dress. Also, who are all of these people? I'm looking at Vogue's website.

https://www.vogue.com/slideshow/emmy-awards-red-carpet-celebrity-fashion-style-2019

Look at what Allana Harkin is wearing and tell me it isn't the worst outfit so far.

I can see how people would dislike Rhea Seehorn's gown but it's similar to my personal style. Witchy without being too literal. 

I love Brett Gelman choosing a brown suit. With the background it's got a very 70's vibe in the color palette.

I don't know how I feel about Dascha Polanco. On the one hand, the sleeve appendages are a lot. On the other hand, I'm more bothered by the fit of the main body of the dress.

I don't know who Wendy Mogel is but she looks like she bought her dress at Anne Taylor Loft and is just happy to be there. I support this. 

William Jackson Harper looks good in another brown suit. This one looks deeper with more of tinge of red or purple. It's so weird to see him without Chidi's glasses.

Eris Baker has too many accessories but I love Tadashi Shoji. Another actress might look washed out but on her, it feels like a pretty, age appropriate choice. 

Woo, Lauren Ash looks GOOD. I don't love the skirt of the dress but her makeup/hair styling is fierce. Again, designers, STEP UP for the plus size girls.

• Love 1

I genuinely cannot tell how I feel about Kelly Obsourne's dress. I hate her. I like the design in theory. But it looks tight in the bust. 

Jenny McCarthy is not worth discussing but I might like her look if the skirt was shorter and more distressed. A look like that requires full commitment. This doesn't feel rebellious enough to be fashion.

I'm into Caroline Ribeiro's look. Who is she?

Mandy Moore’s puffy sleeves look good, however, it needs to be hiked up and supported.

Emelia Clark, see Niecy about not taking deep breaths.

A lot of pink with red tonight.

Kerry Washington taking no prisoners!

Edited by chitowngirl
  • Love 2

Justin Hartley making a bold choice with cerulean. I don't know. He kind of looks like he dressed as a human Crayola crayon. 

Loving the Pose representation. Hailie Sahar looks good from the waist up. It feels like the designer gave up on the skirt. 

Viola Davis looks GORGEOUS. How is she 50+?

I don't think of Phoebe Waller-Bridge as particularly big but someone really needs to step in for the girls who are bigger than a size 6. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Speaking of which... Chrissy Metz. Oof, no. This is not okay. I appreciate she tried but this looks like someone awkwardly modified a smaller pattern for her measurements. Surely SOMEONE knows how to dress larger bodies. 

Just now, wallflower75 said:

I found the "old TV miniseries" thread here earlier today and got sucked into a black hole called "Hollywood Wives."  I think some of the dresses being worn tonight were stolen from that set.

I do feel an 80's vibe from some of the dresses. I know nostalgia is in but 80's fashion well.....lol.

Yes those miniseries were awesome. 

The skirt is just kind of flopping there but from the waist up, D'Arcy Carden looks incredible. 

Jodie Comer looks miserable but I love her outfit. 

I finally got to Regina King. I'd make some changes but otherwise, yeah, she looks good. 

Mandy Moore is making some choices and... I don't hate it? Wrong shoe though. It cuts off the leg. 

Nina West looks great. Can she talk to the plus size girls about where to get clothes?

Chloe Bridges looks so happy to be there. Happy for her. Even if she looks like she glued mousepads to her waist. 

I got to Niecy Nash. Talk about body-ody-ody. The hair color is too light. With the rest of it, she's kind of washed out. But her body is such a perfect hourglass that I don't mind how revealing the dress is. It's like the opposite of the girls who are very flat-chested wearing deep V's. It just works. 

Sarah Kate Ellis. CHOICES. Who is trying to make ruffles a thing? I refuse. 

I've got a close up of Gwendoline's look now. Still love it. Head to toe perfect. It's like she invited herself to the Met Gala.

I will always love MJ Rodriguez but someone did her dirty. Could no one who works in production on Pose lend her a better outfit?